Post by Blockhead »

you've got to be fucking kidding me...

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

dear lord

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

What? Dude split with his girl, he wrote some songs about it to deal. Get over it, he didn't write these songs so you can cruise to.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Kalel wrote:What? Dude split with his girl, he wrote some songs about it to deal. Get over it, he didn't write these songs so you can cruise to.
plenty good songs have been made about break ups. this is not one of them. i'm all for an artist sorting emotions out musically but , judging from this, he has the emotional depth of a 14 year old. i think i'm one of the few people on here who actually enjoys kanye as a rapper (on occasion) and these last two songs he's made are a troubling sign to say the least.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Kalel wrote:What? Dude split with his girl, he wrote some songs about it to deal. Get over it, he didn't write these songs so you can cruise to.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

Kanye is being disrespectful to the public's collective tone deaf ear even more so to folks that really can sing. Despicable.
http://bondfireradio.com #thefutureofradio

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Terrible, but better than Love Lockdown.

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

Moolah wrote:Terrible, but better than Love Lockdown.
Can't say I agree with that statement.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Man, I can already see these retard MF calling vocoder a "nu genre" like they called "snap" :fail:
Neon green bootleg Jordans have a MF soundtrack.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Like "Love Lockdown" the lyricism is lacking, but I still think musically it's cool. I liked "Love Lockdown" better though.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hopps

Re: Mo Kanye - Heartless... ha ha ha ha

Post by hopps »

i am completely weirded out by the idea that kanye thinks making an entire album of vocoder shit is a timely or "good" idea. fucking hell.

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

Yeah, Love Lockdown grew on me somewhat so this might too, but what the fuck is Kanye doing.

I've enjoyed his rapping for the most part, not only on occasion, so this is troubling indeed.

step one

Post by step one »

he should maybe fall back from the solo stuff and do a 'producer' album or something. Like a Good Music album or a 'Kanye presents' thing.
fling it out through Koch or some shit and get GLC, Cons, Beanie/State Prop etc on there plus Common and John Legend to keep the mainstream interest

B. Ware tha Siniq

step one wrote:he should maybe fall back from the solo stuff and do a 'producer' album or something. Like a Good Music album or a 'Kanye presents' thing.
fling it out through Koch or some shit and get GLC, Cons, Beanie/State Prop etc on there plus Common and John Legend to keep the mainstream interest
LOL, he's the biggest artist in hip hop, and he'll probably go platinum in the first or second week, and you want him to fall back and do a producer's album for a bunch of rappers nobody cares about on Koch?

:rofl:
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
step one wrote:he should maybe fall back from the solo stuff and do a 'producer' album or something. Like a Good Music album or a 'Kanye presents' thing.
LOL, he's the biggest artist in hip hop, and he'll probably go platinum in the first or second week, and you want him to fall back and do a producer's album for a bunch of rappers nobody cares about on Koch?

yup. I also want a Nas/Primo album, Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 and a Jay z album that doesnt suck balls.
Im not holding my breath.
I know the producer album wouldnt happen but its got to be a better concept than 'Kanye's Autotune Tutorial 101'

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Akon did a song with T-Pain's Vocorder shit.
50 did it.
Sticky Fingaz did it on his hook.
Lil Wayne does it too much.

when will it end? this is like the new stupid-dance-with-your-(stupid)-song trend.

this song is better than Love Lockdown though. still, it's the worst Kanye shit out of all 4 albums.

rap is outta control
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:rap is outta control

BlingRhames

Post by BlingRhames »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

:cheers:
Sebastian gets busy wrote:look there is still a chANCE THIS WAS A GIRL

young nova

Post by young nova »

Blockhead wrote:
plenty good songs have been made about break ups. this is not one of them. i'm all for an artist sorting emotions out musically but , judging from this, he has the emotional depth of a 14 year old. i think i'm one of the few people on here who actually enjoys kanye as a rapper (on occasion) and these last two songs he's made are a troubling sign to say the least.

werent u just whining about how bad the beats were on graduation?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

A Good Music feature album isn't a bad idea at all. No way Kanye would have to release it on Koch though, lol. Dude is the biggest selling artist in the biz right now; if Curtis can make an album with Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo and put it out on mainstream label, Kanye can certainly make a feature album on a major label. It'd move gold, at least, and would introduce his fans to a lot of HIS artists that wouldn't get shine otherwise. Put Common, John Legend, and Consequence on there and get some guest spots from Chicago folks like GLC, Lupe, Gemstones (Jemini), etc. and have some big stars on there (TI/Jeezy/Hova/Andre 3000/Nas/etc.).

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

young nova wrote:
Blockhead wrote:

werent u just whining about how bad the beats were on graduation?
yes i was. i was sobbing about it...literally weeping alone in my bedroom with candles lit. why? cause the majority of the beats were wack....but these two newer songs are so far off the deep end i think his next album will sound like a coldplay album.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Icesickle wrote:A Good Music feature album isn't a bad idea at all. No way Kanye would have to release it on Koch though, lol. Dude is the biggest selling artist in the biz right now; if Curtis can make an album with Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo and put it out on mainstream label, Kanye can certainly make a feature album on a major label. It'd move gold, at least, and would introduce his fans to a lot of HIS artists that wouldn't get shine otherwise. Put Common, John Legend, and Consequence on there and get some guest spots from Chicago folks like GLC, Lupe, Gemstones (Jemini), etc. and have some big stars on there (TI/Jeezy/Hova/Andre 3000/Nas/etc.).
Yeah, but if you're Kanye at this point, you can release an album that will definitely go gold versus an album that will probably go platinum. Besides, he can always give the GOOD artists shine on his pre-release mixtapes. I agree with B. Ware, there's no way he'd take his career in that direction.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Captin Planit wrote:
Icesickle wrote:A Good Music feature album isn't a bad idea at all. No way Kanye would have to release it on Koch though, lol. Dude is the biggest selling artist in the biz right now; if Curtis can make an album with Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo and put it out on mainstream label, Kanye can certainly make a feature album on a major label. It'd move gold, at least, and would introduce his fans to a lot of HIS artists that wouldn't get shine otherwise. Put Common, John Legend, and Consequence on there and get some guest spots from Chicago folks like GLC, Lupe, Gemstones (Jemini), etc. and have some big stars on there (TI/Jeezy/Hova/Andre 3000/Nas/etc.).
Yeah, but if you're Kanye at this point, you can release an album that will definitely go gold versus an album that will probably go platinum. Besides, he can always give the GOOD artists shine on his pre-release mixtapes. I agree with B. Ware, there's no way he'd take his career in that direction.
Most of his artists, or the artists he's co-signed, have gotten or are getting solo deals anyway. The album Ice describes sounds high budget (TI, Jeezy, Jay-Z, 3000, Nas, etc - these are all expensive names, and even Common and John Legend are established enough at this point that they're not going to be cheap, plus Kanye beats are valuable, and he probably doesn't want to waste his heat on a bunch of his lesser known buddies... as he tends to give them his throwaways anyway). The only people this album is really "introducing" are Gemstones and GLC, since all the others have at least one solo album under their belt already. It would be a terrible and pointless career move, and one that attaching his name to (in a Kanye West Presents... sort of way) could sully a legacy of very well received solo releases.

Think of similar projects:

Bravehearts
D-12 & that shitty Re-Up or whatever Em called his last "group" project
Disturbing the Peace album
St. Lunatics album
Etc, etc

I get that Kanye is going in a direction here that a lot of you may not like, but at some point you either continue to break the mold or you grow old and out of touch. A "GOOD" group album is definitely not want the public wants to hear from Kanye, even if it is what this forum might prefer.

BlingRhames

Post by BlingRhames »

not even worth debating, kanye's made a smart choice for continued success. it's just not going to be listenable for us. lol @ the idea of him doing anything on koch or anything besides further attempt to gain Bono status
Sebastian gets busy wrote:look there is still a chANCE THIS WAS A GIRL

ric

Post by ric »

zshare link doesnt work anymore

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:plus Kanye beats are valuable, and he probably doesn't want to waste his heat on a bunch of his lesser known buddies... as he tends to give them his throwaways anyway).
IMO I think he gives himself the throwaways and gives the good ones out...

wheels

Post by wheels »

I already explained all this

tpp

Re: Mo Kanye - Heartless... ha ha ha ha

Post by tpp »

hopps wrote:
i am completely weirded out by the idea that kanye thinks making an entire album of vocoder shit is a timely or "good" idea. fucking hell.
word from people who have heard it is: it's entirely auto-tune

"I was just in the studio you know, and there's this auto-tune.
So I just pick it up and fuck around with it.
You know, like my clothes and shit"

tpp

Post by tpp »

can anyone re-up?

I'm hoping this is the song which supposedly repeats "I'm so amazing...I'm too amazing" over and over