***Philaflava Forum Rules***

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

***Philaflava Forum Rules***

Post by Philaflava »

I think it's time I reestablish the few rules we have on this forum. Please go over them, remember them, live them. I also encourage anyone who is experiencing unsolicited spam via PM to contact me. If a poster is found breaking these simple rules they will be removed from the site.

1. No links of new releases are to be posted in My Two Cents.

A new release is an album that came out recently or is about to come out. No link whatsoever! This brings heat on the forum from labels, artists and the RIAA.

You can post singles, you can post albums that you own the rights to or albums that the artist/label have made it available to download. Older albums (anything pre-2000) are posted and found in TROY. If you want to share albums with friends via PM that is acceptable. If you would like to join our file-sharing group MP3x please contact Blastmaster but there are no exceptions to this rule. Do not post links to full length albums in My Two Cents.

2. Do not send unsolicited PM's.

I understand people like to network on here so not every PM is going to be welcomed, but if you don't respect peoples wishes and continue to harass them you will have your PM privileged removed and you may possibly be banned. Many people join Philaflava with a sole intention of stealing traffic. I will not allow this.

This is a perfect example of what is NOT allowed.
provoked15 wrote:
What's up, noticed you were somewhat of an active user so I wanted to tell you about http://www.FreestyleMadness.com - The world's first, one, and only 100% live, real-time, open mic on the internet. . . Not only is it a live platform for emcee's, but the blog has every album 2 weeks to a month in advance for free download so you can expand your tastes in hiphop.

The best part is, the sites not even done yet. Fully functional and operational, and active daily, but it's only 80% done. So all I ask is that you spend a minute and check out http://www.FreestyleMadness.com

when you get a free minute, you'll be pleasantly surprised
3. Do not spam the forums.

This happens the most in M2C and it needs to stop. I have ALWAYS been in support of artists trying to spread the word. In fact, I will either co-sign or make a thread myself to support the artists who support Philaflava so they don't have to feel like their self-promoting. But that doesn't mean every time you record a mp3 or book a tour date you need to create a thread. If you have tour dates please post them in Award Tour. If you have a project you really want to promote create "one" thread and let it ride, but don't constantly bump it. If you have a project you'd like to really promote, contact me because I am always offering reasonable banner ad rates. There isn't a person on here who can say I didn't take care of them when they've done this before. People that just sign up to post links to other sites will be banned.

4. No malicious racism.

I hope we're all able to tell the difference between blatant racism than when people clown race, religion or sexuality on this board. I don't want to censor you because I've always wanted people to speak their mind but there is a fine line and you all should know that. When a poster like Popabitch, Thun, blessingindisguise, Employee, Blastmaster or myself say something that might be offensive, more than likely we're attempting to be humorous. In my case it may not work, but that's all I'm doing. So Popabitch will continue to spread the Jew hate. SYMantiks will continue to help his cause unintentionally and we'll still be able to call Employee a flip since we know very little about him. This does not give ANYONE a green light to just spew racism. This site is entertaining first and foremost and I want to keep it that way. We're on a hip-hop site and it's common to make racial comments but watch how you do it. And no I'm not talking about nigger vs. nigga. Don't be dumb about this, you clearly know when somebody has intentions of being racist and when they're being facetious.

5. No big signatures.

People have some courtesy for others. Not everybody can work from home or lives at home with their mom. Some of us have real jobs and some of us access the internet in public places. Having a big signature that takes up half the page is just gaudy. Resize that shit homie!

6. Nudity in signatures or in threads.

I love bitches and I love when threads are made about bitches but KEEP that in the thread and not in your signature. And make sure when you create a thread that you label it NSFW.

These aren't apart of the rules just a suggestion.

If you know of somebody who wants to join Philaflava make sure they register with a legit email address and handle, otherwise I probably won't approve them. If anyone you know is still pending just hit me up.
Last edited by Philaflava on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

oh, i thought this was like...Philaflava Forum RULES!!!!! totally #1 DUDE!!!!!

i was expecting an article about the forums in some magazine or some shit

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

"Learn it. Know it. Live it."

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

artMajor wrote:oh, i thought this was like...Philaflava Forum RULES!!!!! totally #1 DUDE!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

artMajor

Re: ***Philaflava Forum Rules***

Post by artMajor »

Philaflava wrote:5. No big signatures.

People have some courtesy for others. Not everybody can work from home or lives at home with their mom. Some of us have real jobs and some of us access the internet in public places. Having a big signature that takes up half the page is just gaudy. Resize that shit homie!
mines a little big but i should be changing it after this Thursday...fucking Wakefield.

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

I don't mind big signatures, but why is it necessary to have pics of women in bikinis, some broad's ass hanging out, or lindsay lohan's tits. I mean... can't yall just cut some pics out of magazines and hang them in your locker or just change your desktop wallpaper if you need a constant reminder of your sexuality?

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Philaflava wrote: These isn't a rulle just a suggestion.
:lol:

Good post though.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

I didn't know about number 1, good to know now! Also, loved the spam blast from provoked, hilarity...

SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING

Post by SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING »

RULE NUMBER 1

DONT BE FROM CANADA OR ENGLAND AND THINK ANYBODY
WILL GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR OPINION

YOU PASTEOID RACIAL SLUR (WHATEVER ONE YOU HAPPEN TO BE)
FAGGOT HOMO FAGGOT

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

rules is fah suckaz B. :ohsh:

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING wrote:RULE NUMBER 1

YOU PASTEOID RACIAL SLUR (WHATEVER ONE YOU HAPPEN TO BE)
FAGGOT HOMO FAGGOT
:lol:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

If I find out some of you are abusing your PM's and spamming your sites after I posted these rules I will remove your privilledge.

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

SHUTUPYOUKNOWNOTHING wrote:RULE NUMBER 1

your username be self-referentially eponymous

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Rule 7

No references/threads/posts about foreign rap artists are allowed. You better hope I don't see the post, because they will be deleted on the spot.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

the kartel family

Post by the kartel family »

[quote="Philaflava"]3. Do not spam the forums.

This happens the most in M2C and it needs to stop. I have ALWAYS been in support of artists trying to spread the word. In fact, I will either co-sign or make a thread myself to support the artists who support Philaflava so they don't have to feel like their self-promoting. But that doesn't mean every time you record a mp3 or book a tour date you need to create a thread. If you have tour dates please post them in Award Tour. If you have a project you really want to promote create "one" thread and let it ride, but don't constantly bump it. If you have a project you'd like to really promote, contact me because I am always offering reasonable banner ad rates. There isn't a person on here who can say I didn't take care of them when they've done this before. People that just sign up to post links to other sites will be banned.

see i read the rules i wasnt spamming but my thread keeps getting deleted

21Grams

Post by 21Grams »

is there a way to unignore someone? that ignore button is way too close to an important function and I've already ignored two people by accident.
Rap is under control

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

21Grams wrote:is there a way to unignore someone? that ignore button is way too close to an important function and I've already ignored two people by accident.
i just had the same thing happen, how do you unignore?

zombie

Post by zombie »

looking at the rules for the 10th time, I'd like to know why my thread got locked.

zombie

Post by zombie »

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121298

not promoting, not doing anything wrong. unless it's just shitty mods being complete biased fucking assholes going around closing things they don't like.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Employfree wrote:Why are my posts and threads being deleted and altered as quickly as they are created? Are you afraid of my truth?
drive slow homie

Ill Pedestrian

Post by Ill Pedestrian »

Good a place as any to make my first post. I read the rules, can't nobody say I didn't. Thanks for approving my registration.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

So how exactly does MP3x work again? I can't see any of the usergroups because my post count is < 200.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;