Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

K-Funk

who heard the new EPMD album?

Post by K-Funk »

what's your thoughts on it? :gyeah:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

It's dope, better than I thought it would be.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

funny album.... some cheap production

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

its almost 2009 and EPMD dropped an album, what did you expect? i'm just happy this finally came out. some tracks are great.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

i agree that some tracks are cool but i dont know - i give it another listen.... who is on production eric mostly?

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

indeed , the production ain't that great...was expected some Premier beats or don't know ...something to break my neck off!but it's an good album , i'ma buy it.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

man you guys are troopers! i love epmd but there's simply no way this is good.i haven't heard it but neither of these guys has made good music in this decade. but maybe i'm wrong...can some one post a track or something? i will be shocked if it isn't terrible.

Deezal

Post by Deezal »

sadly its a little bland, great to hear E and P rhyme together, especially PMD; his voice and flow sound savage, made me realize how much I missed him and how dope he was. The beats are lacking though I wish they had gone a different route and came up with something unique, a new style but still laced in funk with that old slow flow.

Too many irrelevent guests, I've never been a fan of Method Man or Keith Murray or Mobb Deep for that matter or Teddy Riley, KRS became unlistenable over 15 years ago. Aah well, hopefully its bodes well for future E & P collabs and maybe next time they can get the formula right.

Deezal

Post by Deezal »

Blockhead wrote:man you guys are troopers! i love epmd but there's simply no way this is good.i haven't heard it but neither of these guys has made good music in this decade. but maybe i'm wrong...can some one post a track or something? i will be shocked if it isn't terrible.
It isn't terrible

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Deezal wrote:
Blockhead wrote:man you guys are troopers! i love epmd but there's simply no way this is good.i haven't heard it but neither of these guys has made good music in this decade. but maybe i'm wrong...can some one post a track or something? i will be shocked if it isn't terrible.
It isn't terrible
in reality, i'm just having super low expectations cause i wanna be wrong. aside from "looks like a job for" by kane, i'm hard pressed to think of a "comeback" album that has ever recaptured a former great artists glory. i suppose "the foundation" could be considered a success as well...but someone pick their favorite joint off this new EPMD album and
:upload:

Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

Recycle bin.

Maceo1ne

Post by Maceo1ne »

Tis why there is a forum and blog like this. All boxed up pretty like befo 2000!
close as kept for clones suspects

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

i thought chilltown new york was pretty decent.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

WTF is up with the edited Method Man verse?

thomasv

Post by thomasv »

new video is dope!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzKNQ2xaxmc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzKNQ2xaxmc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"It's the return of Boom Bap/ yeah Hip-Hop is back"
PMD

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

[quote="thomasv"]new video is dope!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzKNQ2xaxmc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pzKNQ2xaxmc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"It's the return of Boom Bap/ yeah Hip-Hop is back"
PMD[/quote

while it is nice to hear these two rhyming together again, this song is awful.

Swann

Post by Swann »

wacker than T-Pain jerking off Akon

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0bTREzJL83A&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0bTREzJL83A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rt7

Post by rt7 »

video: don't like these synthy sounds.... the rest is ok...

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Deezal wrote:sadly its a little bland, great to hear E and P rhyme together, especially PMD; his voice and flow sound savage, made me realize how much I missed him and how dope he was. The beats are lacking though I wish they had gone a different route and came up with something unique, a new style but still laced in funk with that old slow flow.

Too many irrelevent guests, I've never been a fan of Method Man or Keith Murray or Mobb Deep for that matter or Teddy Riley, KRS became unlistenable over 15 years ago. Aah well, hopefully its bodes well for future E & P collabs and maybe next time they can get the formula right.
:naswtf:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Philaflava wrote:WTF is up with the edited Method Man verse?
yeah, that's an odd one, because there is one fuck in there but the other one is edited and the N word is used through out the album.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Jaz wrote:
yeah, that's an odd one, because there is one fuck in there but the other one is edited and the N word is used through out the album.
Here is what I'm guessing and I'm usually good at this. Obviously Meth's verse was a send in and I'm not even 100% sure it was actually meant for the EPMD album. They took it anyways because its their biggest feature on the album though.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Philaflava wrote:
Jaz wrote:
Here is what I'm guessing and I'm usually good at this. Obviously Meth's verse was a send in and I'm not even 100% sure it was actually meant for the EPMD album. They took it anyways because its their biggest feature on the album though.
you could be right there Gloss, what happened to the joints with MOP and D-Block and Devin The Dude?

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Album has really grown on me, especially Left 4 Dead, that's a great 9th Wonder beat.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

E is rapping worse than ever on this.

I like the majority of this album.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

chillhood

Post by chillhood »

Jaz wrote:Left 4 Dead, that's a great 9th Wonder beat.
at 1st listen that's the same thought I had.
I listened the album twice. it's ok;
most of the beats are just decent for me...atleast the rappin' is serious
http://wardolphin.blogspot.com/
come here and press [>
http://lifeasashortyshouldntbesorough.blogspot.com/
http://last.fm/user/chillhood

experience scientifical m(ethod) a(llowing) d(emential) ne(cessities) s(poiling) s(ouls)

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I listened to the album this weekend, and it is awful.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Hustleuffagus wrote:
Deezal wrote:sadly its a little bland, great to hear E and P rhyme together, especially PMD; his voice and flow sound savage, made me realize how much I missed him and how dope he was. The beats are lacking though I wish they had gone a different route and came up with something unique, a new style but still laced in funk with that old slow flow.

:naswtf:
Yeah, that is outrageous!

:owens:
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

Deezal wrote:I've never been a fan of Method Man or Keith Murray or Mobb Deep for that matter or Teddy Riley, KRS became unlistenable over 15 years ago.
:wtf:

provoked15

Post by provoked15 »

I think people divy in the previous accomplishments of an artist or group when listening to their newer shit, this album is way below average. Nothing special about the rhyming or lines that make you say "whooo".

Just give me some def squad type sounds if your gonna bring sermon back.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/msRXXms_qQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

provoked15 wrote:Just give me some def squad type sounds if your gonna bring sermon back.
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.