Stephen Colbert Wages War With Kanye West

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

CRASH DDZ

Stephen Colbert Wages War With Kanye West

Post by CRASH DDZ »

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.8198

Colbert even went on to shoot down Kanye's remarks on being the "voice of this generation."
"With all the auto-tuning on your records, you're barely the voice of your own albums," Colbert explained. "You want to be the voice of a generation? Get in line. It goes me, Obama Girl, the freecreditreport.com guys- then it's a tie between you and Crocs."

:rofl:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:rofl: :bow:

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Philaflava wrote::rofl: :bow:

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

:copy:

he ethered that dickhead. Seriously.

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

i've got my fingers crossed for a colbert/kanye autotune duet stemming from this.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

COLBERT IS SO FUNNY I SOMETIMES FORGET HIS EARS ARE SO CRAZY.

Dude looks like a fire victim gremlin.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

:cheers:

This is genius!
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

video:

<object width="448" height="374"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... 73C5B7qlHf" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... 73C5B7qlHf" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed> </object>

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

:rofl:

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

:lol: Good. I'm surprised most people haven't called this faggot out. I hate to love his production and beat talent, but as far as a rapper I dont wanna hear him touch a mic ever again.
Last edited by Sucka Ducka on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

colbert is missing the point. I won't be surprised if kanye is right, but we'll see in time.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Oh man....:lol:, Kanye doesn't want it with Colbert
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

sun ra wrote:colbert is missing the point. I won't be surprised if kanye is right, but we'll see in time.
Are you familiar with Colbert's comedy style? Everything he does is dripping with sarcasm. He's more likely "missing the point" on purpose.

He mentioned Kanye's Twitter post ("Who the fuck is Stephen Colbert"), then brought up pictures of himself at an awards show posing for a picture with Kanye, following with, "This is one of him whispering to me that he'd never forget who I was."

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

BigCat8 wrote:
sun ra wrote:colbert is missing the point. I won't be surprised if kanye is right, but we'll see in time.
Are you familiar with Colbert's comedy style? Everything he does is dripping with sarcasm. He's more likely "missing the point" on purpose.

He mentioned Kanye's Twitter post ("Who the fuck is Stephen Colbert"), then brought up pictures of himself at an awards show posing for a picture with Kanye, following with, "This is one of him whispering to me that he'd never forget who I was."
he's sarcastic overall, like all comedians nowadays, but he really hates his singing, like we all do. kanye is not even 30% off what he will be, not sure if thats a good or a bad thing. didn't know it was a reply to what kanye said tho, thanks for the details.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

never could get into Kanye. Im not really a part of all that. :wutang:

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

sun ra wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:

he's sarcastic overall, like all comedians nowadays, but he really hates his singing, like we all do. kanye is not even 30% off what he will be, not sure if thats a good or a bad thing. didn't know it was a reply to what kanye said tho, thanks for the details.
Nah, the Kanye comment was a response to this, actually. The original clip was Tuesday, whlie the Twitter post/awards show segment were tonight. Didn't mean to make any connection between the two, just the latter being pretty damn funny, so sorry for the confusion.

Colbert does this kinda thing now and then. He talks really harshly about a particular person or topic for a while, then usually has the person on. I don't think Colbert is doing it to be all :copy: , he's just doing it for a laugh and a possible Kanye appearance down the line.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:lol:

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

The Red Scare wrote:video:

<object width="448" height="374"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... 73C5B7qlHf" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e ... 73C5B7qlHf" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed> </object>
fan freaking tastic....burrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Colbert 1
Kanye 0

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

i'm seeing a trend of people who don't like kanye taking this "diss" very literally and jumping on colbert's dick. its kinda funny.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

^^ agreed. colbert isn't really "dissin" kanye- he's just exploiting kanye's fame and buzz for the new record to help boost his own album's sales. on the colbert report last night he celebrated beating kanye on itunes (colbert was 2nd, kanye was 4th) by playing "Stronger" and dancing to it, and then commenting on how whoever made that song must be a genius. they both get what's goin on and don't mind the publicity

Conscious
The Anti-Hater Liberator

Post by Conscious »

I think Colbert indeed does jest but there's some honesty as far as his actual opinion underneath it all... it's that that makes the shit really funny... I don't think some people can actual understand the dynamic of the irony within the sarcasm... Same reason why some folks don't 'get' his show or The Daily Show for that matter... Nigga I'm laughing with you and at you...
Last edited by Conscious on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://bondfireradio.com #thefutureofradio

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

:lol:

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

shopvack wrote:i'm seeing a trend of people who don't like kanye taking this "diss" very literally and jumping on colbert's dick. its kinda funny.
Yeah.

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

Two ego-maniacal talking heads, jockeying for position on who's got a bigger mouth...All this argument needs is a diatribe from Keith Olberman and Bill O'Reilly, but good for Colbert on this one...

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

sun ra wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:

Dumbass fucking foreigners.

FUCK YOU, ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

hessbz12 wrote:
Philaflava wrote::rofl: :bow:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Kalel wrote:
shopvack wrote:i'm seeing a trend of people who don't like kanye taking this "diss" very literally and jumping on colbert's dick. its kinda funny.
Yeah.
You also like pictures of naked men.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

wtf is wrong with some of the responses in this thread

clip/quote is completely hilarious tho

None

Post by None »

Kanye West doesn't care about Stephen Colbert people.