New Doom track- Ballskin

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Verge

New Doom track- Ballskin

Post by Verge »

This cat on Twitter named younghradio just posted this as a new Doom track. I doubted it cause I figured I would've seen it here first. Anyway,I've never heard it until now and it's pretty fly.

MF DOOM - Ballskin
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=6313498-28e" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=6313498-28e" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>
http://www.divshare.com/download/6313498-28e

Lock and delete if this is :lastweek: :lastweek:
Last edited by Verge on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

nah it's legit, it's supposed to be from the upcoming album.

just haven't made it here yet

pretty damn good, i wouldn't mind a full album of shit like this and something similar to his tracks on van music
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

never heard it.

sounds like a leftover from DangerDoom.

but still solid little verse.

will we ever get the pleasure of another Madvillian!??!?!

i can't take much more of these bi-monthly Madlib Beat Konducta tapes loaded with beats that Doom could murder effortlessly.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

I know GM but Madlib stays busy and Doom is weird/sporadic as evidenced by having imposters perform for him live. Anyway the track was solid.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

:naswtf: @ the title

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

Balzac wrote::naswtf: @ the title
according to jake one the full title is genuine ballskin

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Shup Diddy wrote:
at least it rhymes i guess

kimani

Post by kimani »

Eh. His voice sure has deepened, and with that his timing seems to be a little lacking, never though he had the greatest delivery skills, but his timing really stood out to me on this track. I thought the production was pretty meh in terms of what we've heard from him also. And is this new album supposed to be "DOOMposter" or "Born Into This"...? both titles were named as releases for last year.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

Verge

Post by Verge »

^Who knows with this fuckin guy.

:icedit: I meant that as an answer to your question

kimani

Post by kimani »

Hahaha. Yeah, hopefully his seemingly unstable mindstate will keep him from sliding to the depths of wackness though.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Balzac wrote:
Shup Diddy wrote:
YOUR NAME IS BALL SACK

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Not much of a Doom fan (aside from Operation: Doomsday), but this is dope.

DLG

Post by DLG »

kimani wrote:Eh. His voice sure has deepened, and with that his timing seems to be a little lacking, never though he had the greatest delivery skills, but his timing really stood out to me on this track. I thought the production was pretty meh in terms of what we've heard from him also. And is this new album supposed to be "DOOMposter" or "Born Into This"...? both titles were named as releases for last year.
his delivery is the best thing about doom IMO. Very in the pocket, on the verge of falling behind the beat, I think it's one of his defining characteristics as a rapper.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

i need this album.

kimani

Post by kimani »

DLG wrote:
kimani wrote:Eh. His voice sure has deepened, and with that his timing seems to be a little lacking, never though he had the greatest delivery skills, but his timing really stood out to me on this track. I thought the production was pretty meh in terms of what we've heard from him also. And is this new album supposed to be "DOOMposter" or "Born Into This"...? both titles were named as releases for last year.
his delivery is the best thing about doom IMO. Very in the pocket, on the verge of falling behind the beat, I think it's one of his defining characteristics as a rapper.
His delivery is most definitely a defining characteristic, very individual style, but for me his production is number one, and I find his abstract, sometimes pointless lyrics more intriguing than his delivery. But regardless of my opinion of his timing I certainly think he should never stray from his style of delivery, wouldn't be DOOM without it.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

kimani wrote:
DLG wrote:
His delivery is most definitely a defining characteristic, very individual style, but for me his production is number one, and I find his abstract, sometimes pointless lyrics more intriguing than his delivery. But regardless of my opinion of his timing I certainly think he should never stray from his style of delivery, wouldn't be DOOM without it.
:killacam:

Thun

Post by Thun »

CRASH DDZ wrote:
Balzac wrote:
Shup Diddy wrote:
YOUR NAME IS BALL SACK
Idiot.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I like it, the title is suspect though :doom:

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

I consider myself a pretty big DOOM fan, but this track is lacking. Sounds like a filler track, which it may be.

I liked his verse on that Sean Price song from Babu's recent CD a lot more.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

dope shit.....

lol @ the title.....

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

Reggie wrote: I liked his verse on that Sean Price song from Babu's recent CD a lot more.
:spidey: :upload:

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

AWAE wrote:
Reggie wrote: I liked his verse on that Sean Price song from Babu's recent CD a lot more.
:spidey: :upload:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5410206448029e0c/

Weezy F's Babay

Post by Weezy F's Babay »

dope!

blabberingbullshit
Location: I would pull out your tiny dick and attack it with a cheese grater

Post by blabberingbullshit »

AWAE wrote:i need this album.
ballskin really whetted his appetite. he wants the rest

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

hugest doom fan.

very dope.

Verge

Post by Verge »

I know I'm probably alone on this,but I've always preferred Doom rhymes over Doom beats. Though,I admit MMM..Food was lacking IMO. Doomsday was classic and the og versions of tracks from it that were released on Fondle 'Em were even better.
I would look forward to another Madvillain,too. His last 2 beat conducta joints were ill.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

i liked this.

shows interesting growth of :doom: 's style

he's kinda missing the fun of his Doomsday songs, but he's more assured in his steez
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Verge wrote:I know I'm probably alone on this,but I've always preferred Doom rhymes over Doom beats. Though,I admit MMM..Food was lacking IMO.
nah i'm with you, i'm a big fan of his production as well. aside from the og leaked version of madvillain, i don't really like him as much on anybody else's beats. mmfood was inconsistent, and a bit marred by the fact that there were like 30 versions floating around, but the high points of it were great

on a related note, i would kill for a full length mr fantastic album, or even an ep, produced entirely by doom

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Isn't Mr. Fantastik actually Kurious? I have heard that he's "working on" a new album for years...actually, I could have sworn that was supposed to come out last year on Amalgam after they re-released his Constipated Monkey album.

And so, for the first time in history, a record label has not released an album on the date they said they would. For shame.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Reggie wrote:Isn't Mr. Fantastik actually Kurious?.
I thought that was an internet myth

never heard it confirmed in any way