Brougham33

Cage-Nothing Left to Say [prod. by El-P] off Depart From ME

Post by Brougham33 »

First Track: Nothing Left to Say produced by El-P off Depart From ME

LINK:
http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/01% ... %20Say.mp3

from pitchfork

Premiere: Cage [prod. by El-P]: "Nothing Left to Say" [MP3/Stream]
The last time I saw psycho-rap veteran Cage onstage, he was lying on the floor, repeatedly ramming his head into the monitors. And he was doing this while rapping. So when he gets around to busting out the brand-new "Nothing Left to Say" onstage, it's easy to imagine him going full-on Iggy Pop, busting bottles over his face and shit. Cage hasn't released an album since 2005's Hell's Winter, already a super-intense trip into fucked-up autobiographical hell and general self-torture. "Nothing Left to Say", reportedly Cage's response to a dead friend, is even more unhinged, Cage just ranting in spoken-word near-gibberish until the beat kicks in hard a minute and a half in.

Cage isn't rapping about scalping motherfuckers anymore, and he's lost a certain devil-may-care shock-rap joyousness in his transition to freaked-out adulthood. But "Nothing Left to Say" still drips with catharsis, partly because of Cage's own spittle-flecked intensity but mostly because of El-P's beat, which starts out as an ominous synth-tone wobble and turns into a disorienting industrial clatter. If and when Shia LaBoeuf ever gets around to making that Cage biopic he's been kicking around for a while, this one might soundtrack some sort of hitting-rock-bottom montage.
about camu obviously

*Edit: looks like pitchfork fucked up the links so they ended up leaking 2 tracks. Either way....

2nd track: I Never Knew You
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rqgmur
Off the Free EP I'm assuming.

from jux site:
As many of you already know the follow up to 2005ג€™s Hellג€™s Winter, titled Depart From Me, has been in the works for quite some time now. Weג€™ve been chomping at the bit to bring you something concrete for your I-cals/ I-phones/ school planners/ padded cell walls.

And soג€¦ without much further ado;

Cage, Depart From Me - June 29th

AND if you feel thatג€™s too long to wait for Cage, we will be releasing the I Never Knew You EP, a free seven-song download, sometime this spring.
Last edited by Brougham33 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

this is horrendous

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Mansfield Status wrote:this is horrendous
i'm downloading it right now.
and without hearing it, seeing -you- saying that makes me feel even better about this song

go Cage go
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

that was great. thanks for the link.
last verse was bonkers.
thank you.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

weird, don't know how to feel about this

skinny pants or not, the dude can def rap
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

drizzle wrote:weird, don't know how to feel about this

skinny pants or not, the dude can def rap
People on the posse cut could learn something from this guy.
This is how u rap as a white guy with a white voice

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

regardless of what people think about his clothes, hair, voice or topical choices, it always bugs me out when people dismiss him as being "Wack". he may not be your flavor but, like drizzle said, he can rap very well.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Blockhead wrote:regardless of what people think about his clothes, hair, voice or topical choices, it always bugs me out when people dismiss him as being "Wack". he may not be your flavor but, like drizzle said, he can rap very well.
And I'm sure all the guys from Queer Eye suck a mean cock, doesnt make it less gay.

This is awful.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

this is real dope

hooks kinda emo

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

What year is it again? Because for a second it felt like 2002.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote: People on the posse cut could learn something from this guy.
This is how u rap as a white guy with a white voice
:roll:

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

drizzle wrote:dude can def rap

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

shits dope

the R

Post by the R »

im on da fence

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Cage has done better, these joints are okay.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

yeah, expected these to be a little better
still dope, though
:cheers:

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

This shit is :arrow:

still better than intuition though.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

lol @ you all butthurt.

internet grudges are serious bidness.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

intuition wrote:lol @ you all butthurt.

internet grudges are serious bidness.
figured it would take your lame ass about 10 mins to respond. Keep refreshing.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

mere coincedences. i just saw you responded and figured you would have my name in your mouth.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

very very good shit here.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Believe it or not I genuinely think you are a terrible rapper, and as old as you are, and as long as you have been on here, I am rather shocked you haven't called it a day. That's all. Other than that, its all on the cool.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

And I'm sure all the guys from Queer Eye suck a mean cock, doesnt make it less gay.

This is awful.

:copy: :lol:

service

Post by service »

Never cared for Cage, and neither of these songs are changing that. I never understood the appeal of El-P either, so I guess that should be no surprise.

and not that I really care to join the offtopic argument, but I thought intuition's album was good, even great. I only knew it existed because of the Thun endorsement, but I checked it out and it ended up getting a ton of burn from me. I would buy an intuition album way before I would ever buy a Cage record.

Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

cage is rippin it sick.
dig the rhymes.
dude can spit.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

Hustleuffagus wrote:Believe it or not I genuinely think you are a terrible rapper, and as old as you are, and as long as you have been on here, I am rather shocked you haven't called it a day. That's all. Other than that, its all on the cool.
cool. let's leave it at that and quit gaying the place up then.

but you're also undoubtedly around the same age as me (i'm 27 OMG SO OLD) and you admitted you wanted to be on the posse cut but couldn't get around to recording a verse, at least i took some initiative. i do this shit for fun and every once in a blue moon i get paid to have that fun. i'm not a loser guy on the couch type so i don't see what the problem is.

i'm not sean, but i'm also not event. everyone plays their part.

you don't like the music? that's fine, don't listen. employee does and that's all that matters to me.

now, stop mentioning me in every post just because i called you a shitty poster, it makes you a shittier poster.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Oh don't worry Intuition... I know you're "legendary on the board like the dildo cat."

...and you know that the thread where you dissed me, and a thread about another shitty white rapper are the only places where I've EVER mentioned you. Period.
Last edited by Sucka Ducka on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

nice edit puto. drop it. you're looking real desperate right now.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Hustleuffagus wrote:Believe it or not I genuinely think you are a terrible rapper, and as old as you are, and as long as you have been on here, I am rather shocked you haven't called it a day. That's all. Other than that, its all on the cool.
You've essentially cemented your Uber-Faggerino status at this point, Chief Colorado.

Chances are you A) Suffer from spine-tingling penis envy, B) Spent well over $3,000 on a Pro Tools home set up only to realize you can't operate any piece of electronic gear more complex than an Atari and Dids is a better rapper than you, C) Were summarily rejected from the posse cut for scribing lyrics so profusely gay even Sebastian gets Busy appears masculine next to you or D) When you heard the news of Chris Brown assaulting Rhianna you self-stretched your forehead in a show of solidarity with abused women the world over.