21%
The Alchemist
79%

Total votes: 53

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

The Alchemist vs. Scott Storch

Post by Philaflava »

Don't think this isn't a tough one, it is.

Feel free to post both discographies, but please know your facts before shooting off. Tuff Jew is really responsible for Chronic 2001, believe that!

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

i think storch is a lot more diverse, but i still prefer alchemist for the most part.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

alchemist.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Don't front, you all loved "Cry Me A River."

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

that right there is a tie for me.......both damn good producers right there

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

PhilaFlava wrote:Don't front, you all loved "Cry Me A River."
haha i won't front... i thought the first half of justified was dope. think i liked only one on the second half though.

skurdur

Post by skurdur »

i gonna have to go with Alchemist on this one, cause i like his sound better. not a great big fan of Dre's newer beats, but besides that i don't know a lot about Storch's work.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ which is going to be the reason most peeps vote for Al. Can somebody post Scortch's discography. I can't find it on google.

skurdur

Post by skurdur »

yeah you're right. it would be good to see his discography.
has Alc done any ghostproduction that is known of? i read somewhere he did "Temples of Boom"... anybody know if that's true?

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

can't find storch's discography either.

did he basically get his start with the roots as their keyboardist? he's come a long way since then... it's a shame he doesn't get more props for all the dope shit he's done.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

he started out with the roots, but he has done work for mobb, snoop, christina ag, beyonce, rock, busta...man the list is sick. a discography is definitely needed, because i bet once a few peeps see it, they'll wish they could vote over.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

PhilaFlava wrote:he started out with the roots, but he has done work for mobb, snoop, christina ag, beyonce, rock, busta...man the list is sick. a discography is definitely needed, because i bet once a few peeps see it, they'll wish they could vote over.
word... he's gotta be the richest often-unrecognized producer in hip-hop.

one of my favs of his is w.c. & snoop's "the streets (re-twisted)".

DJ A-Beats

Post by DJ A-Beats »

respect is def due to ss, but i love al's sound. its so fucken grimey, al all the way. p
www.djabeats.com
"Street Hop: The Mixtape of Champions" Hosted by Grafh

Still Available "Poor Man's Paradise" Hosted by Dynas

Register to vote:https://www.workingforchange.com/vote/

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

Alchemist easy.

now SS' work with Dre and Mel Man on 2001 is incredible, it's pretty telling that he never topped it once he stopped working under them. Rocaway and that new Roots song are HORRIBLE. Those are the generic mainstream backing tracks that A&R's should be shot for.

Alc meanwhile is dope as fuck. I can't say his recent stuff has thrilled me as much as his older, grimier material (maybe it's also his choice of emcees), but anyone who managed to flip Thomas Dolby into not only a club banger, but a dark one that manages to get Mobb Deep some mass appeal without selling their sound out deserves much respect.

Anyone check out Hold you Down from his album on hhgame? Man, he flips the same sample Just Blaze rocked on "soon you'll understand" but minimizes it to the essentials and turns into some straight rough shit. When he brings it back to that mid-late 90's level I just can't hate.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Funk Docta Bombay wrote:Alchemist easy.

now SS' work with Dre and Mel Man on 2001 is incredible, it's pretty telling that he never topped it once he stopped working under them. Rocaway and that new Roots song are HORRIBLE. Those are the generic mainstream backing tracks that A&R's should be shot for.

Alc meanwhile is dope as fuck. I can't say his recent stuff has thrilled me as much as his older, grimier material (maybe it's also his choice of emcees), but anyone who managed to flip Thomas Dolby into not only a club banger, but a dark one that manages to get Mobb Deep some mass appeal without selling their sound out deserves much respect.

Anyone check out Hold you Down from his album on hhgame? Man, he flips the same sample Just Blaze rocked on "soon you'll understand" but minimizes it to the essentials and turns into some straight rough shit. When he brings it back to that mid-late 90's level I just can't hate.
Co-signed,

Storch is on his way to becoming the worst A-list producer ever.

Where do people get this "Cry Me a River" thing from? Maybe he helped make the track but the song is based around Timbo's beatbox.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Scott Stoch AND Timbo made "Cry Me A River" what it is. Without Timbos ridiculous percussion, it woulda been a sappy ass song. Storch's strings made it ill as well.

Storch has concocted many a banger, I can't front. I, too, have heard that he was a huge part of CHRONIC 2001, so I can't hate. His discography is probably insane, though because he's done a gang of shit outside of hip hop.

Lately, I've been disappointed with Al, but between 99 and 02 the man was ON FIRE. "Got It Twisted" is a club banger AND grimey, just like somebody else said.

I'm really a huge fan of both, but my preference as far as hip hop production goes is, the grimier, the better. Because of that, I gotta give it to Al. I hear Al ghostproduced a large part of the 1st SOUL ASSASSINS and Temples of Boom, although I can't confirm that.

Alchemist got it.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Scott Storch pretty much sucks. His name annoys me, too. A few moments of illness can't make up for a career of lackluster pitter patter.

Alchemist.

Fuckin' A

Post by Fuckin' A »

Employee wrote:Alchemist.

RAWTALENT

Post by RAWTALENT »

The Alchemist. If Storch ever puts out an instrumental album then maybe he will get my vote.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

What 80's song did Al sample for "Got It Twisted?"

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: The Alchemist vs. Scott Storch

Post by Employee »

Versive

Re:

Post by Versive »

Philaflava wrote:he started out with the roots, but he has done work for mobb, snoop, christina ag, beyonce, rock, busta...man the list is sick. a discography is definitely needed, because i bet once a few peeps see it, they'll wish they could vote over.
Played keys on the Schoolly D album Welcome to America too

But Alchemist's current run >>>

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Bumping threads from '04 now???

:fail:

alpha

Post by alpha »

Moolah wrote:Bumping threads from '04 now???

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

alpha wrote:

this doc looks really interesting and Storch is an icon of coke dreams but lolz at Emp bumping a thread from 2004 in 2013 to post a Mathew Raggazino freestyle
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Insane to think how the perception of these two have changed since '04. Even more, over the years, the view on Storch's contribution to 2001 has decreased.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

So what was SS involvement in 2001?

It seems that Dre works with a lot of people that never get their due praise. I just remember that staged "produced by Dr Dre and Mel Man" pic in the 2001 insert.

I remember reading about some other ghost producer for Dre called "Buddha"??? I think I read about him (Buddha) a long time ago in an interview with Witchdoctor on an album released in the early 2000s.

I also never hear much about Mel Man's transition to Big Cat, of Gucci Mane fame.

Back to Scott Storch always in videos playing piano nowadays, but his biggest hits aren't piano bangers, that's Zaytoven's lane. It seems as though Big Boi is the only major label artist still putting Storch on his albums.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

drizzle wrote:
alpha wrote:

this doc looks really interesting and Storch is an icon of coke dreams but lolz at Emp bumping a thread from 2004 in 2013 to post a Mathew Raggazino freestyle
I was being a dick because Scott Storch was the Selecta.

Good to see you're still the CleanHobo of ModLife.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

sleazy_j wrote:So what was SS involvement in 2001?

It seems that Dre works with a lot of people that never get their due praise. I just remember that staged "produced by Dr Dre and Mel Man" pic in the 2001 insert.
If you look at the 2001 credits, Storch I believe is only connected to two songs. One being Xplosive.