Qwel

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Dap

Post by Dap »

First heard Qwel on the Typical Cats album then got The Harvest. He's definitely gifted and interesting to listen too. His voice/flow can be hard to listen to for an extended period of time. His shit is amazing when I'm baked though.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Dap wrote:First heard Qwel on the Typical Cats album then got The Harvest. He's definitely gifted and interesting to listen too. His voice/flow can be hard to listen to for an extended period of time. His shit is amazing when I'm baked though.
You pulled up a 3 week old post for this?
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dap

Post by Dap »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Dap wrote:First heard Qwel on the Typical Cats album then got The Harvest. He's definitely gifted and interesting to listen too. His voice/flow can be hard to listen to for an extended period of time. His shit is amazing when I'm baked though.
That and the hilarious back and forth Employee/Thun had in the middle of the thread.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Dap wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
That and the hilarious back and forth Employee/Thun had in the middle of the thread.
Ah, yes I forgot about the OC (no Credle) incident. Alright, good enough.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://www.theocshow.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7557
KRS-THUN wrote: 12-18-2005, 09:03 AM

Obscure Season 2 Question: Pros Only!!
This question is very obscure but I'm hoping this forum will have some answers for me.

Throughout last season, there was a certain moody electronic sounding song that played in the background whenever Ryan's brother was up to no good. We hear it quite a few times when he is sitting in his apartment and something bad is happening or about to happen, but other times as well. It was always very quiet and subtle and I thought it was pretty cool.

Anyone have any idea? Help please!!

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

i used to listen to if it aint been in a pawnshop a lot.
i am going to give it another listen.
this is a good thread from start to finish.
what was the name of that song where he goes 'when we came to your town we couldnt find a sack with bruce smith'?
that was a good song. :upload:

max prime

Post by max prime »

been listening to the new wine alot since last weekend. its a real solid album, very strong message delivered in songs on it

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

1. Jump the Gun (3:19)
2. Future Shock (Postmodernism with an Australian Accent) (3:33)
3. Red C (4:14)
4. Getting Over (4:38)
5. Straight Edge (3:44)
6. The CD Exchange (3:57)
7. Magazine MCs (4:06)
8. Envy Greens (3:12)
9. See You When, I See You (2:21)
10. The Fist Buff (3:48)
11. Scholar Vomit (6:57)

it's out.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

^It's pretty good too, especially "Magazine MCs"

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Moolah wrote:Thanks for that. He really does come across as a giant douche.
never heard him, never will. Im extremely closed minded.

A Decoy Statesman

Post by A Decoy Statesman »

Despite the heavy-handed Christianity on some songs, I still end up listening to Qwel records because he's a fucking excellent rapper.

Life Visualiza

Post by Life Visualiza »

Probably the greatest lyricist ever. No one can touch his shit.

thebohdan252

Post by thebohdan252 »

please ban this cunt

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

ackbar wrote:
30: How do you counter those who think the Bible is fiction or half true?

Qwel: Iג€™d ask if I have ever said anything untrue in a song. Tell me what it is. God spoke, ג€œLet there be light,ג€ and to this day it is the only provable scientific constant. Thatג€™s intentional. The sabbatical year for growing, perfect timing. There is knowledge in that book that predatesג€¦

Carole: Anything. Same thing with circumcision they say to do it after like seven days in the Old Testament. On that day the babies have chemicals that make it hurt less and heal faster. There is no way they could have know that back then.

Qwel: Revelation was written thousands of years ago, the signs of the times are perfectly falling into place. It says, ג€œWhatג€™s good will be bad and whatג€™s bad will be good.ג€ Look at how we describe stuff that we like, thatג€™s songג€™s bad, thatג€™s sick, thatג€™s nasty, thatג€™s ill. Itג€™s just happening. It says man will create an image in their likeness. Man, we worship television image, that image in our likeness, not Godג€™s.

Carole: Plus the Bible is the only completely accurate book, historically. Itג€™s proven by historians that arenג€™t Christians. Itג€™s infallible, nobody can prove it wrong.

Qwel: 152% of people that argue the Bible isnג€™t true, havenג€™t read it. Itג€™s funny how no one will say Steven Hawkinג€™s A Brief History Of Time is garbage if they never read it. But with the Bibleג€¦itג€™s not their fault though, I donג€™t put blame on people. I blame the Devil, and heג€™s gonna get it pretty hard.
Thanks for bumping so I can re:rofl: at this shit.

:rofl:

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

thebohdan252 wrote:please ban this cunt
Word. I like Qwel, but if all he's gonna do is talk about how good he is we must get rid of him. BANNT!
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Life Visualiza is not a gimmick account of the Barry Lurkin caliber.

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

You guys should see the amazing threads Life Vizualiza (under the alias "BezzleOut") has started on the Galapagos4 board...

thebohdan252

Post by thebohdan252 »

The Afronaut wrote:Life Visualiza is not a gimmick account of the Barry Lurkin caliber.
Agreed.

Be funny, post something of value or fall back

Jormega

Post by Jormega »

I like Qwel, but i don't peep his shit anymore... i ain't tryna be preached to whenever i want to relax and hit play. That red meat track on dj white lightning's white on white crime is dope as hell. His first albums that came out were really impressive but with each album release it felt progressively more and more cult-ish.

Fuck that!

Tical Swords

Post by Tical Swords »

My favorite albums are 'The Harvest', 'New Wine', 'Owl' and 'So Be It' but really all his albums are dope. IDK how he does it keep evolving as an artist while maintaining quality in his work. People need to recognize this cat for his skills. I believe lyrically no one can match him.

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

Thanks to you Tical. Thanks to you.