Necro no-show causes riot in Vancouver

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Necro no-show causes riot in Vancouver

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

A Hip-Hop concert in downtown Vancouver degenerated into a near riot between police and patrons after a no-show by headlining rapper Necro.

The show was sponsored by Abort magazine, and was set to take place at Richards on Richards nightclub last Saturday (March 21).

According to Abortmag.com, fans became restless after waiting hours for Necro to appear, only to be told that the Brooklyn emcee was forced to reschedule due to travel delays.

Despite the show being rescheduled for the following day (March 22), concert-goers began throwing bottles, chairs, and tables on stage at the DJ.

Club security was quickly overwhelmed, and Vancouver police arrived within minutes to quell the disturbance.

In what Abortmag.com referenced as ג€œexcessive force,ג€ several fans were slammed to the concrete outside as patrons yelled out accusations of police brutality.

The increased animosity between residents and authorities stems from the police shooting death of an alleged box cutter wielding homeless man on Friday March 20.

According to the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, the area has seen at least 24-police related shooting deaths between 1999 and 2007.

At press time, rapper Necro could not be reached for comment.
the guy who put together this Necro tour is the guy I know here who did the Def Jux show 2 years ago (Just Entertainment)... I just saw Eternia open this show last weekend, and Kilgore did too. the Toronto show had the most full body nudity I've ever seen at a rap show (10 bare tits onstage were counted, plus 3 naked vaginas), the most fake blood, one of the biggest mosh pits, and a couple of fistfights... but the show went on.

this is fucked
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

:rofl: @ mosh pits at rap shows

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

last time i had a show in vancouver it got cancelled cause the previous night there had been a shoot out at the venue. my memory is shakey but i think it may have been a fu shnickens show...or something like that. it was some kind of happy mid 90's shit. i was shocked.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Blockhead wrote:last time i had a show in vancouver it got cancelled cause the previous night there had been a shoot out at the venue. my memory is shakey but i think it may have been a fu shnickens show...or something like that. it was some kind of happy mid 90's shit. i was shocked.
i can say with almost certainty that it was a lord finesse/cve show. there was a lot of shitty fallout as a result of that incident

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I just hope there's no morbidity in the future.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

+ the necro thing was as anti-climactic as a "riot" can be. necro's fanbase is all dumb as fuck and have a hard time distinguishing reality. what do you really expect to happen at a no show?

"police brutality" is some seriously pussy shit to claim for people chucking glasses at bar staff's face. it sucks for the innocent people that got hospitalized tho.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

ackbar wrote:
Blockhead wrote:last time i had a show in vancouver it got cancelled cause the previous night there had been a shoot out at the venue. my memory is shakey but i think it may have been a fu shnickens show...or something like that. it was some kind of happy mid 90's shit. i was shocked.
i can say with almost certainty that it was a lord finesse/cve show. there was a lot of shitty fallout as a result of that incident
ahh..you are correct. i guess it wasn't as happy as i remembered it. but still, shootings and a lord finesse show..in canada? it was a surprise.

EarForGoodMusic

Post by EarForGoodMusic »

i dont know much about necro, but i listened to about 5-6 minutes of him "freestyling" on i think it was Stretch & Bobbito(i could be wrong), but anyway basically he just rapped about the 3 million different ways he would kill someone. I heard his production is really good, but i cant take him seriously.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

my ex really liked necro and I took her to a show here in seattle once. there were a bunch of hardcore/sludge metal bands opening and then right before necro was supposed to start the promoter came out and said that he'd missed his flight so he wouldn't be performing. seems like he's bad at traveling, i guess.

Lebong Jame$

Post by Lebong Jame$ »

fuck necro

The Grand Incredible

Post by The Grand Incredible »

:ohcanada:

hustler

Post by hustler »

shit is too real these days in vancity.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

why would you call a magazine Abort?...wack shit

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Jaz wrote:why would you call a magazine Abort?...wack shit
so you could call your subscribers "abortionists"?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:ohcanada:

Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Jigsaw wrote:Image
:rofl: :rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

worst fear I have throwin shows... Zro almost fought a security guard @ the last show I did... He started to leave got all the way to his car then we finally got him to re-consider... If he'd left that club woulda been a war zone

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

chump change wrote:worst fear I have throwin shows... Zro almost fought a security guard @ the last show I did... He started to leave got all the way to his car then we finally got him to re-consider... If he'd left that club woulda been a war zone
i feel ya.

some drunk thug motherfucker had the AUDACITY to not only try to get on stage when Maestro Fresh Wes was performing, but actually punched him in the head after he got off stage. Dude got yoked up, and rushed o-u-t

SMH.

fucking savage fools. fighting is mostly for retarded neanderthal faggot predators who are weak inside their mind and body.

life rarely needs fistfights. most happen over ego and pride and idiocy.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Moolah wrote:I just hope there's no morbidity in the future.
:rofl:
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

odium-LSC wrote:my ex really liked necro and I took her to a show here in seattle once.
Wow! Your girl liked Necro? When I went to his show the first time I thought, "what type of uncle-touched broad is interested in this shit?".

Some crystal meth addict looking slore stepped to me after his "performance" on some, "what are YOU doing after this?" shit. I asked her if I had just watched her get finger banged by a 300 pound Brooklyn Jew on stage. Shit got awkward after that...
Last edited by Smitty on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Smitty wrote:Shit got awkward after that...
classic.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Smitty wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:uncle-touched broad
:oops: :lol: :megaman:

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

meh, she just thought his shit was funny. It's not like she was a die hard fan or anything.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Necro has a huge crush on my girl. She just moved here from Jersey to be with me and he sends her text messages asking her to hang out and go to the movies. She says she and her girl he was trying to holler at went to the city a few times to meet him and go to the movies. She said hes annoying as fuck and all he does is play with his cellphone all day and breathe really hard.

I could go on for days about how hard she cracks me up telling me about this dude trying to spit game to her girl Des but since I like some of his music I wont smash on dude.

He found out she was down here in the South with me and said she was going to be raped by wild indians. :lol:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

catfish hunter wrote:Necro has a huge crush on my girl. She just moved here from Jersey to be with me and he sends her text messages asking her to hang out and go to the movies. She says she and her girl he was trying to holler at went to the city a few times to meet him and go to the movies. She said hes annoying as fuck and all he does is play with his cellphone all day and breathe really hard.

I could go on for days about how hard she cracks me up telling me about this dude trying to spit game to her girl Des but since I like some of his music I wont smash on dude.

He found out she was down here in the South with me and said she was going to be raped by wild indians. :lol:

rappers are people too.

Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

catfish hunter wrote:Necro has a huge crush on my girl. She just moved here from Jersey to be with me and he sends her text messages asking her to hang out and go to the movies. She says she and her girl he was trying to holler at went to the city a few times to meet him and go to the movies. She said hes annoying as fuck and all he does is play with his cellphone all day and breathe really hard.

:lol: I wouldn't doubt this for a second.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

rappers are people too.
LOLzers at The Sexorcist tryna score some trim by taking chicks to see Wall E...

"Ay, I said layer the butta retahd!"
"That robotth a faggot. DIE!"
"I ain't crying! I was just thinkin bout how shit is crazy, like rabies and dead babies."

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Jigsaw wrote:Image
where are these coming from, we need more
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo