Sage Francis called out for disavowing Anticon affiliation

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Sage Francis called out for disavowing Anticon affiliation

Post by Employee »

Odd Nosdam wrote:seriously though, Paul's not-so-subtle dislike of anticon annoys me. I try to avoid it, but sometimes it's hard to miss, especially when dude posts corny shit like "Dear Pitchfork, what will it take to tame your cunt?" (scroll to the very bottom for the clever quote)

of course, most people dont see it, because it usually involves the removal of an anticon related thread or the lack of an anticon mention when appropriate.

or, like in this case, a mention of anticon when perhaps it's not appropriate.
Nobody wants to be a "backpacker" anymore.
Nobody wants to admit they ever bought a record in the Nerd Rap genre.
Nobody wants to admit to and embrace their former emo.
Nobody wants to have predominantly white fans anymore.

2009 = The year of denial and heads-in-the-sand.

Remember, fellas: Once a nerd - ALWAYS A NERD.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

2009?

Its been like this for years.
And actually, most of the rappers of that era/genre are returning to, or kept moving towards (Eyedea comes to mind) more "emo" rap....

the brow

Post by the brow »

Employee, you obviously missed the memo re: The Great Ackbarian Reversion of 2009. We completed the cycle a month or so ago.

Sell your Escalade and buy a skinny fixed-gear bike posthaste.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

will we get a Sage Francis vs. Sole rap battle in 2009?

i hope so. as long as they don't start making :omggay: YouTube clips revealing embarrassing details from their first tours and secret shenanigans in the back of the van late night between cities

:rofl: i joke, i joke

what is the general public consensus on Anticon in 2009, anyways?
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

B'Tol

Post by B'Tol »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:what is the general public consensus on Anticon in 2009, anyways?
That it is white as fuck. Painfully so even.

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

I've been known to not really like sole...but fuck it, Anticon does their thing for the type of music that they do. It's not my taste. I never really saw sage as an anticon hater though? I just thought Sage kept doing what he always did and anticon stepped further into what they were doing. Sage was always the odd guy out on anticon in my opinion.

But if the past is any indecation, if Sage see's what odd nosdam wrote, It won't go unanswered.

ANUBIS5

Post by ANUBIS5 »

I am an unashamed Anticon fan. I wear clothes that fit properly.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

They're putting out a Serengeti record so they're fine in my book.

kimani

Post by kimani »

So does this mean the Sage Francis vs Crood beef has been settled and Sage has joined him in the anti-backpack movement? I want confirmation from Crood himself.
"'Fuck this, fuck that' is my motto!"

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

anticon usually had some cool beats but the "rhyming" was almost without exception painful to listen to.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

that themselves shit that just came out was fresh, no lie.

machine

Post by machine »

Exciting news from great, interesting rappers.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

anticon's producers are very talented. As far as the rappers go, i liked a few dose and sole songs...other than that, meh.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

what is Anticon? is Sage not a herb?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This reminds me of the time when Phife Dawg called Jarobi fat once on the Low End Theory tour.

Lebong Jame$

Post by Lebong Jame$ »

machine wrote:Exciting news from great, interesting rappers.
:lol:

DLG

Post by DLG »

I've been know to enjoy the occasional anticon album, I don't know if I consider them to be "rap" when I listen to them though. That might be the stumbling block for many.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

cenzi wrote:what is Anticon? is Sage not a herb?
Mad subliminals, kid

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

mike eagle wrote:They're putting out a Serengeti record so they're fine in my book.
word that album will be dope

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

shit i was the only piru nigga to bump deep puddle

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

Mods, please move this thread to 1999.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:shit i was the only piru nigga to bump deep puddle

:rofl:
i 100% believe this is the first time on the planet that sentence has ever been said.
Last edited by Blockhead on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Blockhead wrote:

i 100% believe this is the first time on the planet sentence have ever been said.
i'd have to agree, this is truly a historical singularity, possibly ominous like passing of a comet. seems like a good time to play the lottery and fuck that chick you think might have dirt in her dirt dirt
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

i just reread what i wrote and had to edit. that shit was looking like a mamli post. i really need to proof read sometimes.

rooski

Post by rooski »

Blockhead wrote:i just reread what i wrote and had to edit. that shit was looking like a mamli post. i really need to proof read sometimes.
mamli change post game yo!

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Blockhead wrote:

i 100% believe this is the first time on the planet that sentence has ever been said.
it's not really too surprising. it's the only cd his witness protection handler let him borrow during his debriefing.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

odium-LSC wrote:
Blockhead wrote:

it's not really too surprising. it's the only cd his witness protection handler let him borrow during his debriefing.
An office room in the LA County FBI field office.

FBI Agent: Tweak, it's critical to this operation that you cut off all connections to your former Piru associates.

Tweak: What about Bompton though? Will I be able to go back to Bompton - ya know, to see my old playground. Maybe ride the see-saw. Go down the slide.

FBI Agent: That's out of the question, Tweak. Bompton no longer exists, as far as your concerned.

Tweak: Aiight, but what if a playa wanna cruise down to fruit town?

FBI Agent: I think there's a Food Town in Barstow. They've got a Whole Foods on I-15...there's a...

Tweak: ...nah, nigga. FRUIT TOWN. I might wanna go take a trip down to FRUIT TOWN, ya feel me?

FBI Agent: Look, Tweak, I'm not really interested in your lifestyle or your sexual orientation. What you do in your spare time is none of my business. My business is to make sure you keep a low profile. You're invaluable to our operation, Tweak. Without you we have no shot of infiltrating the Piru gang.

Tweak: No doubt.

FBI Agent: One last thing and this is important. The place where you'll be relocating is a very quiet suburban neighborhood. You need to try to blend in as best you can. I can't have you drivin' a lowrider through the development blasting Dr. Dre at 120 dB. So you need to be very discreet when you're out about town. You can't draw any attention to yourself.

Tweak: So I can't bump some Messy Marv on my way to the post office?

FBI Agent: I don't think that's a good idea, Tweak.

Tweak: No Yukmouth?

FBI Agent: No. For christ sakes, Tweak. This isn't a game. We cannot afford to jeopardize you're safety and the success of this operation.

Tweak: Okay. What about...Deep Puddle Dynamics?

FBI Agent: Huh?

Tweak: DPD, son.

FBI Agent: (stunned) You listen to Deep Puddle Dynamics? That overrated nerd rap supergroup?

Tweak: Yeah, nigga.

FBI Agent: (still stunned) Wow. I can't believe you...um...wow...um...anyway, Deep Puddle Dynamics is okay. Actually, that might be a good cover. No one would expect a former 'Ru to be listening to that kind of candy-ass pretentious bullshit. So Deep Puddle Dynamics is fine.

Tweak: Word, son.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

exactly.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Money Gripp wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:
Blockhead wrote:

An office room in the LA County FBI field office.

FBI Agent: Tweak, it's critical to this operation that you cut off all connections to your former Piru associates.

Tweak: What about Bompton though? Will I be able to go back to Bompton - ya know, to see my old playground. Maybe ride the see-saw. Go down the slide.

FBI Agent: That's out of the question, Tweak. Bompton no longer exists, as far as your concerned.

Tweak: Aiight, but what if a playa wanna cruise down to fruit town?

FBI Agent: I think there's a Food Town in Barstow. They've got a Whole Foods on I-15...there's a...

Tweak: ...nah, nigga. FRUIT TOWN. I might wanna go take a trip down to FRUIT TOWN, ya feel me?

FBI Agent: Look, Tweak, I'm not really interested in your lifestyle or your sexual orientation. What you do in your spare time is none of my business. My business is to make sure you keep a low profile. You're invaluable to our operation, Tweak. Without you we have no shot of infiltrating the Piru gang.

Tweak: No doubt.

FBI Agent: One last thing and this is important. The place where you'll be relocating is a very quiet suburban neighborhood. You need to try to blend in as best you can. I can't have you drivin' a lowrider through the development blasting Dr. Dre at 120 dB. So you need to be very discreet when you're out about town. You can't draw any attention to yourself.

Tweak: So I can't bump some Messy Marv on my way to the post office?

FBI Agent: I don't think that's a good idea, Tweak.

Tweak: No Yukmouth?

FBI Agent: No. For christ sakes, Tweak. This isn't a game. We cannot afford to jeopardize you're safety and the success of this operation.

Tweak: Okay. What about...Deep Puddle Dynamics?

FBI Agent: Huh?

Tweak: DPD, son.

FBI Agent: (stunned) You listen to Deep Puddle Dynamics? That overrated nerd rap supergroup?

Tweak: Yeah, nigga.

FBI Agent: (still stunned) Wow. I can't believe you...um...wow...um...anyway, Deep Puddle Dynamics is okay. Actually, that might be a good cover. No one would expect a former 'Ru to be listening to that kind of candy-ass pretentious bullshit. So Deep Puddle Dynamics is fine.

Tweak: Word, son.
^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 5/5

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
...nah, nigga. FRUIT TOWN
moved by duck muscles