08 Shattered Dreams
09 Stars Shine Brightest (In The Darkest Of Night) f. Rick Warren
10 So As Not To Wake You (Interlude)
11 Enemies With Benefits f. Tonedeff
12 Looking Back f. Anna Wise of Sonnymoon
13 Dreams f. Tunji & B.J. The Chicago Kid
14 Hypnopomp (Epilogue) f. Bianca Spriggs
15 Embers

Anyone check this out yet? After two listens I'm liking it a lot. It's got a dream theme so the songs kind blend into each other and take strange twists. It's definitely reminiscent of A Piece of Strange, but the lyrics and beats both seem a little more understated on this album. I caught bunch of shit on the 2nd listen that I didn't catch on the first, I think there's a lot of replay value here. Probably the best album I've heard this year.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ff5HY06FfJ0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ff5HY06FfJ0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YM5xJzFhbW8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YM5xJzFhbW8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzr39esomXU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzr39esomXU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

want

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

it's cool. beat are stand out.

i like them best when they're doing shit like dirty acres and wonderful.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zombie

Post by zombie »

^wonderful?

The album is good. Unfortunately Kno can't keep to just production/making beats and has to start rapping and it really ruins a lot of songs for me.

Kno, stop rapping. Please.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

I liked it a lot on first listen beats wize, I will have to listen to it again thought o really pay attention, it was a distracted listen.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

production is solid on this. still need to give it a few more spins and listen to the first though.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

zombie wrote:^wonderful?

The album is good. Unfortunately Kno can't keep to just production/making beats and has to start rapping and it really ruins a lot of songs for me.

Kno, stop rapping. Please.
the songs....dirty acres and wonderful. Thats the style of theirs that I like the most.

But for sure agree with the kno needs to stop rapping point.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

one of the groups i never really got into tho ive heard a bunch of songs i liked by them...listened to this tho, its pretty good. production/project sounds pretty solid though
Last edited by A Kid on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berlerac

Post by berlerac »

horrible artwork. just gross.

Req

Post by Req »

does anyone have the list of samples used?
F.U. MOOLAH

dirtee

Post by dirtee »

Req wrote:does anyone have the list of samples used?
:lol:

dirty acres >>>>> this album

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I prefer APOS to Dirty Acres and to this, but I think I like this album more than Dirty Acres.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I prefer APOS to Dirty Acres and to this, but I think I like this album more than Dirty Acres.
As of now, I agree with this order, but it could change. As I said earlier, this album warrants a lot of repeat listens, so I could like it more than APOS eventually.

Kno's voice is pretty annoying, but he actually has pretty well written verses- The one about AIDS on "Hard as They Come" and his verse on Get Ignorant are great, but his voice and delivery are pretty bad. I think Natti is seriously slept on though. I see Deacon the Villain getting mentioned a lot, but I think Natti's just as dope.
Last edited by unclebengi on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fury's Flavour

Post by Fury's Flavour »

Pretty good

Definitely top-10 this year

zombie

Post by zombie »

Yeah I don't have anything against his verses.

I'm mostly just annoyed with his voice.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

beats are on point

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

unclebengi wrote: I think Natti is seriously slept on though. I see Deacon the Villain getting mentioned a lot, but I think Natti's just as dope.
agreed.

Dap

Post by Dap »

natti is very very underrated imo. i think he's better than deacon although deacon is solid on the hooks

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

i dont like this album ..... sounds like im listen one song over and over again..... but its better than kno solo album....... i prefer older albums

Post by 360 »

hellriser wrote:i dont like this album ..... sounds like im listen one song over and over again..... but its better than kno solo album....... i prefer older albums
The three videos posted sound completely different so I think it's safe to say that you have no ear for music.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

:rofl: 5/5

CALLBACK
Nets 2022

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Definitely agree that there are quite a few songs on here which run together and blend into one, but I guess there's always a really fine line between that heppening, and creating a really cohesive thematic album. After a few listens, I'm definitely get to know the record a bit more and it's really good.

Kno is a fantastic producer... not many better than him right now, IMO.

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

I agree with a lot of these points:

- Overall, damn good album. Probably falls between APOS and Dirty Acres

- Natti is underrated, but taking nothing away from Deacon because he's nice too.

- Kno is a damn good producer

- Kno's lyrics aren't terrible, but the voice/delivery do almost ruin a few tracks for me

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

Kno raps on this? I didn't even notice.

I was impressed on the first listen. Really liked the track with Big K.R.I.T.

On a side note, Anna Wise from Sonnymoon is one the best newish female vocalist I've heard in while.

Gotta check this album out again real soon.

The vibe of the album reminded me alot of Kno's recent "Death is Silent" album.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

360 wrote:
hellriser wrote:i dont like this album ..... sounds like im listen one song over and over again..... but its better than kno solo album....... i prefer older albums
The three videos posted sound completely different so I think it's safe to say that you have no ear for music.
wrong....... i mean its not bad album by any means but - its the same formula....... it gets boring after few listen..... - kno should try something new

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^ the Cunninlynguists Signature Tempo does get a little monotonous and soporific over the course of an entire album. I agree that nothing (so far at least) particularly stands out.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

After hearing a few of these songs, I am really curious to see how the Kno/MarQ Spekt collaboration is going to turn out. Has Kno done a record with anyone besides CL before?
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Dap

Post by Dap »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:After hearing a few of these songs, I am really curious to see how the Kno/MarQ Spekt collaboration is going to turn out. Has Kno done a record with anyone besides CL before?
he's done beats for people outside of his camp (bizarre from d-12 comes to mind :lol: )

but not a whole project afaik

ric

Post by ric »

actually sounds surprisingly decent, thanks for the youtubes. MAYBE purchasing this.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Stayin in heavy rotation...I can listen to this all the way through every time even with Kno's annoying voice. It's a true ALBUM, with varied production that still stays on the same vibe throughout. Natti really kills it on this album, right from the first verse-

"I am floating happy not knowing nautical course
tie a wristwatch in slipknots and dock at my porch
time is of no essence, the presence becomes presents
peasants become pheasants and soar past acceptance
current currencies worthless, fodder for feeding purses
with iron clad words I solder together verses
Iג€™m trippin like Iג€™m eatinג€™ the fungi
leaving me cornered like the puss that crusts in ones eye"

Dope ass verses on My Habit, Shattered Dreams, Stars Shine Brightest, and Embers too. They've always raved about Natti's work ethic, and I think he's finally surpassed Deacon as an MC. Deacon is still nice as ever, but Natti's takin it to another level to me.

COOLEH- Kno hasn't done much outside of Cunninlynguists and his production style is a lot different from the type of stuff that Spekt usually rocks over, but I remember Kno saying they were trying to mix the grilchy with the smooth and I bet it came out hot. Kno is a producer's producer and not just a beatmaker, I'm sure he was able to make some shit that suits Spekt well.