Drake, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Jeezy tour coming

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Drake, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Jeezy tour coming

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

maybe:
Canadian rapper Drake announced exclusively to MuchMusic that thereג€™s a massive late-summer tour in the works that will see him join three of hip-hopג€™s greats on stage.

ג€œGod willing, if everything goes according to plan and everybodyג€™s schedule is in place, then I will be on tour with some amazing people,ג€ Drake said. ג€œOne of them being Jay-Z, one of them being Lil Wayne, one of them being Young Jeezy and one of them being me.ג€

Weג€™ve dubbed it the Jay-Z, Drizzy, Weezy, Jeezy outing. If only they could get Kanyeezy to jump on board too.

Drake played his first sold-out show in Toronto on Wednesday night. Surprise guests included local rapper Page who jumped on stage to trade verses for ג€œIג€™m Still Fly,ג€ as well as Bun B of UGK who performed ג€œUptownג€ from Drakeג€™s So Far Gone mixtape.

Watch for a full interview with Drizzy as we travelled with him on show day in an upcoming episode of MuchNews Weekly on Mondays at 9 pm ET. Plus, check back often cause weג€™ve got tons more Drake news coming your way!
:killacam:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Drake has no business on that line up.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Employee wrote:Drake has no business on that line up.
his experience level doesn't... but his $$$$$ generating ability does.

dude just sold out one of the biggest venues in Toronto at 40 bucks a ticket. 2000 people. $145 VIP tickets

those guys kinda need a new star to latch onto.

Weezy almost burned himself out doing what he just did. After Rebirth, he really should quiet down for a few months or he's gonna oversaturate himself like 50 Cent did. Nobody gives a fuck about 50 right now, whether he's real or not. A fake like Rick Ross actually benefits slightly cause he's not nearly as famous and as much as he's a lying idiot, there's no celebrity burnout on him. Jeezy is similar, but not even on the artistic level of any of these guys, so meh. And Jay-Z could use the hype for his own Blueprint 3 which is supposed to come in September, supposedly...

it's not a bad idea, especially if its a short tour.

rap needs new blood... and Canada is the blood bank.

watch.

while I get to create this future i see... :megaman:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:

dude just sold out one of the biggest venues in Toronto at 40 bucks a ticket. 2000 people. $145 VIP tickets

Weezy almost burned himself out doing what he just did. After Rebirth, he really should quiet down for a few months or he's gonna oversaturate himself like 50 Cent did. Nobody gives a fuck about 50 right now, whether he's real or not. A fake like Rick Ross actually benefits slightly cause he's not nearly as famous and as much as he's a lying idiot, there's no celebrity burnout on him. Jeezy is similar, but not even on the artistic level of any of these guys, so meh. And Jay-Z could use the hype for his own Blueprint 3 which is supposed to come in September, supposedly...

watch.

Bender, Drake is unacceptable. End of story, son.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Employee wrote:

watch.

Bender, Drake is unacceptable. End of story, son.
wait til the end of the summer before you pass judgement on the homie.

his album is gonna fuck up the game, pleezbaleevit

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

watch.

thats because canadians buy into his faggotry. He aint selling out barnes and nobles coffee shop appearances here.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: wait til the end of the summer before you pass judgement on the homie.

his album is gonna fuck up the game, pleezbaleevit
How? Using gayness as a weapon?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

the dead poet wrote:

watch.

thats because canadians buy into his faggotry. He aint selling out barnes and nobles coffee shop appearances here.
all I have to say to your hate, is this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbqO16j1dYM&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbqO16j1dYM&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

you guys can keep pretending that Drake is nobody doing nothing... but then one day you will wake up, and realize what's going on elsewhere in the world.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbqO16j1dYM&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbqO16j1dYM&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: / :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Looks like it was a high school talent show.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i don't understand why you equate success as a pop star targeted at impressionable teenagers (mostly girls) with making some kind of tangible dent in the rap landscape. are you just so happy to see a canadian make it? he's basically alanis morrissette with less balls and more body glitter
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

drizzle wrote: are you just so happy to see a canadian make it?
This is always what it boils down to. Every canadian who posts here is intent on making America believe that they are perennial underdogs of the western hemisphere. To date Canada has given us Corvid Lorax, Max Prime, Nelly 'I could be Maria Shriver's stunt double' Furtado, Swollen Members and a smattering of forgettable Rick Moranis lookalikes.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

well in all fairness, SCTV and everything that stemmed from it was pretty bonkers. marty mcfly get some props too. too bad none of this applied to music in any way.

although if you get dj marty mcfly up on the

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

drizzle wrote:i don't understand why you equate success as a pop star targeted at impressionable teenagers (mostly girls) with making some kind of tangible dent in the rap landscape. are you just so happy to see a canadian make it? he's basically alanis morrissette with less balls and more body glitter
yeah, Jay-Z raps with nobodies.

So does Lil Wayne, on 18 songs.

And G Roberson and Joshua "Hip Hop" Kyambo aka Kanye West's management team, just picks up pop tart rappers with no future.

I mean, you can say you don't like his music, sure. Your taste is yours.

But to pretend like he's not fucking up the rap game, from NY to Houston to Atlanta and beyond, is... ignorant living. :ironmike:

Drake is doing what most Americans doing that kind of rap forgot how to do. Enjoy. It will continue.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Soft Rap Delilah After Dark Faggot Shit. Young girls and sexually confused teens will eat his shit up, surely, but is the guy you want to obsessively co-sign? Soft Batch Rapper/Singer/Child Actor/Pussy? Just because he is from Canada? You planning to ride his "wave"?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

drizzle wrote:i don't understand why you equate success as a pop star targeted at impressionable teenagers (mostly girls) with making some kind of tangible dent in the rap landscape. are you just so happy to see a canadian make it? he's basically alanis morrissette with less balls and more body glitter

And G Roberson and Joshua "Hip Hop" Kyambo aka Kanye West's management team, just picks up pop tart rappers with no future. .
you can't possibly be this stupid. Jay Z rapped with Coldplay and Phish, if i'm not mistaken Wayne collabed with Fallout Boy, are they fucking up the rapgame too? do you not understand that these people don't give a fuck about who they rap with, as long as the single charts well on mtv?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Lil Wayne raps with 8 year old kids...

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

^^^not for nothing, but so did Sinatra, and later that became a hell of a craig mack song too. so you never know.

maybe Weezy is gonna be this generation's Frank. We'll call him Ol' Purple Eyes.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

drizzle wrote:

And G Roberson and Joshua "Hip Hop" Kyambo aka Kanye West's management team, just picks up pop tart rappers with no future. .
you can't possibly be this stupid. Jay Z rapped with Coldplay and Phish, if i'm not mistaken Wayne collabed with Fallout Boy, are they fucking up the rapgame too? do you not understand that these people don't give a fuck about who they rap with, as long as the single charts well on mtv?
nice parallels. as if Jay-Z and Lil Wayne are idiots who only work with bad musicians.
you guys are so lame. why do i even bother? why do YOU even bother, actually?

Drake is doing it. I like most of his music. And he's part of MY hip hop community and MY city, Toronto, which is going to be the next big city in hip hop. It will take longer than usual, but you will see.

thank you, and good night.

here's hip hop in 2009:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqgMKedQ1QI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqgMKedQ1QI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

drizzle wrote:

nice parallels. as if Jay-Z and Lil Wayne are idiots who only work with bad musicians.
see now you're doing that thing you do when faced with the fact that your argument holds no weight. you become purposefully obtuse, dismissive and put on your jesus martyr robe and hat.

nowhere above did i say that jayz and wayne are idiots who only work with bad artist, that's obviously not true. my point was these people will work with anybody who shows potential for some kind of financial success, or a crossover appeal to a specific commercially viable demographic. in this case the demographic is teenage girls in the market for some softbatch lip-licking r&b, and the financial success comes from their wallets. and that's what you're fervently defending.

but honestly i don't know why i bother either, because somebody with your level of fanatical delusion is far beyond reaches of logic. you've anointed this dude the next king of whatever constitutes the magical land of Rapnarnia in your head, good for you. i hope he rides in on a sparkly unicorn rocking some Bapes armor and slays the evil dragon Rick Ross to magically put rap under control again.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

drizzle wrote:
drizzle wrote:

see now you're doing that thing you do when faced with the fact that your argument holds no weight and so become purposefully obtuse, dismissive and put on your jesus martyr robe and hat.

nowhere above did i say that jayz and wayne are idiots who only work with bad artist, that's obviously not true. my point was these people will work with anybody who shows potential for some kind of financial success, or a crossover appeal to a specific commercially viable demographic. in this case the demographic is teenage girls in the market for some softbatch lip-licking r&b, and the financial success comes from their wallets. and that's what you're fervently defending.

but honestly i don't know why i bother either, because somebody with your level of fanatical delusion is far beyond reaches of logic. you've anointed this dude the next king of whatever constitutes the magical land of Rapnarnia in your head, good for you. i hope he rides in on a sparkly unicorn rocking some Bapes armor and slays the evil dragon Rick Ross to magically put rap under control again.
sigh. nice try. there is no argument when you are so unable to acknowledge solid evidence of Drake's potential, like what I've presented thus far.
and i'm saying you can't see outside your own opinion for once? you think a Drake and Jay-Z song over a Just Blaze beat wouldn't sound good, beyond the money it will make? you think that Lil Wayne hasn't been rapping with Drake on over an album's worth of songs for the last year just for money alone? You think that Drake/Lil Wayne blackout over Jay-Z's 'Ignorant Shit' is just some pop nonsense? I'M being illogical? :naswtf:
GTFOH :rofl:

I never said Drake is the best rapper in Canada. I said he's great at what he does, and lots of Americans think so too. You can keep thinking everyone else is stupid, go ahead.
Stay ignorant.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

is drake the guy that does that 'you da you da best' song?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

you haven't presented any potential so far. his lyrics are trash and his delivery is soft. i actually prefer his singing, of the two evils that one is much lesser.

lot's of americans do think he's good indeed. most of them are girls under the age of 20. what you've presented thus far actually proves my point more than yours. the front row of the concert video you posted is filled with pretty much 90% of exactly the demographic i'm referring to. how is that gonna change or help rap again?

and no, in no shape or form do i believe a song with him and jayz over a just blaze beat would sound good. at least not his verse, he wouldn't know what to do with it.

Req

Post by Req »

the dead poet wrote: thats because canadians buy into his faggotry. He aint selling out barnes and nobles coffee shop appearances here.
Aside from the packed out Houston, Atlanta and New York shows were damn near everyone in the crowd knew his songs word for word?

The hatred for Drake on here is :rofl:
F.U. MOOLAH

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

drizzle wrote:you haven't presented any potential so far. his lyrics are trash and his delivery is soft. i actually prefer his singing, of the two evils that one is much lesser.

lot's of americans do think he's good indeed. most of them are girls under the age of 20. what you've presented thus far actually proves my point more than yours. the front row of the concert video you posted is filled with pretty much 90% of exactly the demographic i'm referring to. how is that gonna change or help rap again?

and no, in no shape or form do i believe a song with him and jayz over a just blaze beat would sound good. at least not his verse, he wouldn't know what to do with it.
Drake rapped well on Funkmaster Flex, Angie Martinez and 2 other shows. He can sing well, but he also can rap. Sure girls like him, but girls like Jay-Z and Fabolous too, and they are good rappers. That show was in Houston, and there's footage of Drake tearing up some NYC college show. He killed it in Atlanta too recently.

when that song drops, I bet it's dope.

you'll see. and you'll hate what you'll see. but you'll see. soon :ff: :ohcanada:

I love you, drizzle. we should go out for beers one day. :cheers: ha ha
YOTMB

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

toronto is NOT the next city to blow. motherfucking sedro woolley, washington is more likely to be the next city to blow than ANYWHERE in canada. and i think only cattle live in sedro woolley.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

you know what, you're not gonna convince me and i'm not gonna convince you, no need to waste more typing efforts on both sides. so instead of going back and forth with this i'm gonna finish this new friday reggae post for steadyb and go enjoy it outside. feel free to chock another victory up to the good guys.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

drizzle wrote:you know what, you're not gonna convince me and i'm not gonna convince you, no need to waste more typing efforts. so instead of going back and forth with this i'm gonna finish this new friday reggae post for steadyb and go enjoy it outside. feel free to chock another victory up to the good guys.
Drake is convincing more people than you or your Steady Bloggin hate is :rofl: BOSS TAWKE

the good guys are coming to save hip hop :ohcanada:

:rofl: :rofl: :cheers: enjoy your day. i know i will. every day in the YOTMB is a day in hip hop heaven.

TONIGHT, I MIGHT GO SEE JASON GLOSS'S FAVORITE RAPPER CLASSIFIED :rofl:

or go to Hip Hop Kareoke. that shit is hype too.

I should do a Drake song there one day, HAW HAWWW :ring:

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

on the real, when drake was coming out i heard a few cuts i thought kid had potential. But all the shit i hear now is either completely ripping off wayne or on some gay shit.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Req wrote:
the dead poet wrote: thats because canadians buy into his faggotry. He aint selling out barnes and nobles coffee shop appearances here.
Aside from the packed out Houston, Atlanta and New York shows were damn near everyone in the crowd knew his songs word for word?

The hatred for Drake on here is :rofl:
i'm sure all of that front row also owns the box set of digrassi. Dude, my fucking 11 year old sister watches that show and has drake on her ipod nano......fuck outta here.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:dude just sold out one of the biggest venues in Toronto
2000 people.
Toronto, which is going to be the next big city in hip hop.
2000 people

:rofl: