Nom Inf wrote:
Thun wrote:
Nom Inf wrote:And yes

Hustle Crowe rappin'>>>>>>>>>>> Thun rappin'
You post like a fucking faggot, champ.
:larry:

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

I've been listening to Gibbs like crazy and, although he has a ton of material, I was wondering if there are any random things floating around that aren't on the mixtapes he put out?

And are there full versions of the tracks from "The Label's Trying To Kill Me" which don't appear on any of the mixtapes? I got a full version of Hold Me Back, and I Pearly Gates which are dope, but does anyone have the others, if they exist?

Can't stop me
Rock boys
Murdergame
Fresh
Emipire strikes back
Its a robbery
Come around my way
Dick in the morning
Product of the hood
Freddies dead
Fuck what you heard
Fear no evil
Let it go
Life in the fastlane
On the creep
Steel city stick up kid

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:Gibbs is living proof the industry/major labels have completely lost a grip on hip hop marketability.

they still know how to fuck with safe shit like Drake.

but they fucked the dog on dropping Gibbs from Interscope.

of course maybe they didn't and this dude dropping mixtapes was his only chance.
I like Gibbs 1000x more than Drake but how exactly is Gibbs more marketable/profitable than Drake is to a major?

Dap

Post by Dap »

PopsUK wrote:I've been listening to Gibbs like crazy and, although he has a ton of material, I was wondering if there are any random things floating around that aren't on the mixtapes he put out?

And are there full versions of the tracks from "The Label's Trying To Kill Me" which don't appear on any of the mixtapes? I got a full version of Hold Me Back, and I Pearly Gates which are dope, but does anyone have the others, if they exist?

Can't stop me
Rock boys
Murdergame
Fresh
Emipire strikes back
Its a robbery
Come around my way
Dick in the morning
Product of the hood
Freddies dead
Fuck what you heard
Fear no evil
Let it go
Life in the fastlane
On the creep
Steel city stick up kid
the site i know of with most of his shit

http://freddiegibbsmusic.angelfire.com/cds.html

TrueBouta

Post by TrueBouta »

Philaflava wrote:
GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:Gibbs is living proof the industry/major labels have completely lost a grip on hip hop marketability.

of course maybe they didn't and this dude dropping mixtapes was his only chance.
I like Gibbs 1000x more than Drake but how exactly is Gibbs more marketable/profitable than Drake is to a major?
:cheers:
Trying to be a OG before i O.D.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:

He's a suspect in over twenty homicides.

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

Dap wrote:
PopsUK wrote:I've been listening to Gibbs like crazy and, although he has a ton of material, I was wondering if there are any random things floating around that aren't on the mixtapes he put out?

Can't stop me
Rock boys
Murdergame
Fresh
Emipire strikes back
Its a robbery
Come around my way
Dick in the morning
Product of the hood
Freddies dead
Fuck what you heard
Fear no evil
Let it go
Life in the fastlane
On the creep
Steel city stick up kid
the site i know of with most of his shit

http://freddiegibbsmusic.angelfire.com/cds.html
Aahh cool...thanks. I'll see what this covers from that list...

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

Philaflava wrote:

really applying a question that is not being implied by my statement.

I didn't make a Gibbs/Drake comparison. I was making a loose comment on major labels being insufficient in marketing hip hop unless its something pop driven for bubbly teenagers.

Gibbs probably never had a fighting chance on a major and the grass roots is his only viable option for success.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Employee wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

i thought he said hes been questioned about over 20 homicides, not that he was a suspect or anything. like the first ten minutes of law and order type shit, not the last ten minutes

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

hey piff, host your sig elsewhere.

didn't you see the drama in the fav pic thread??

:fail:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

piff fix that sig pls
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

Balzac wrote:hey piff, host your sig elsewhere.

didn't you see the drama in the fav pic thread??

:fail:
nah i didnt see that, my bad yo, but its fixed now.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

C'mon son

From SF Gate:
Rapper Freddie Gibbs got his stash by airport securityג€¦ kind of.

The baggage screeners at the Denver airport found a half ounce of weed in his luggage and scribbled him the words ג€œCג€™mon sonג€ on the screening notice.

ג€œThe TSA found my weed and let me keep it,ג€ he wrote. ג€œThey just left me a note. ג€˜Cג€™mon Son.ג€™ג€

Houston rapper Bun B, whoג€™s collaborated with Freddie Gibbs in the past, replied on Twitter, ג€œeasyג€¦ג€

A gangster rapper, Gibbs hasnג€™t really hidden his smoking habit. He talks about drug-dealing in his lyrics and gets high before shows.

ג€œI definitely smoke weed, pray, and just rap to myself and pace around. Just get in the mode for the show,ג€ he told NPR. ג€œWhatג€™s the last thing I do before I go onstage? Smoke weed.ג€

Sharing the note on Twitter, though, may mean some lenient TSA employee gets fired, which happened in a case earlier this year where a screener left a freaky note for a woman who had a vibrator in her bag.

PEACE

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Why Gangsta Gibbs dry snitchin on the TSA though?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Homeboy's Girlfriend is a dope

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXG9F8TBhR4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXG9F8TBhR4?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

RoKnew wrote:Why Gangsta Gibbs dry snitchin on the TSA though?
F'real. If this is even real, he probably just got the dude that kept him from going to jail fired, cause I've seen this posted already today on non-hip hop related sites.

Fuckin' DIA.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Damn Gangasta Gibbs, what part of the game is that?? Real Gangastas move silent.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Piff Tannen wrote:
Employee wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

i thought he said hes been questioned about over 20 homicides, not that he was a suspect or anything. like the first ten minutes of law and order type shit, not the last ten minutes
If you believe that you have french kissed several men.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

I didn't make a Gibbs/Drake comparison. I was making a loose comment on major labels being insufficient in marketing hip hop unless its something pop driven for bubbly teenagers.

Gibbs probably never had a fighting chance on a major and the grass roots is his only viable option for success.
You want to know why (don't really give a fuck if you don't)? HE SUCKS. He can barely rap. The only Freddie Gibbs shit I listen to on a regular basis is the shit he did with Madlib. I actually paid dollars for that shit. Where is he otherwise? He's the Blu of F.I.T.s (Fake Indie Thugs). How is a major label going to market Gibbs? "HEY D00DZ, looking 4 DAT KRAY NU HIFFHOFF SHYT?! Try FREDERICK GIBBZ. The poor man's impoverished cousin's Rick Ross!!!"

Dap

Post by Dap »

Employee wrote:
GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

You want to know why (don't really give a fuck if you don't)? HE SUCKS. He can barely rap. The only Freddie Gibbs shit I listen to on a regular basis is the shit he did with Madlib. I actually paid dollars for that shit. Where is he otherwise? He's the Blu of F.I.T.s (Fake Indie Thugs). How is a major label going to market Gibbs? "HEY D00DZ, looking 4 DAT KRAY NU HIFFHOFF SHYT?! Try FREDERICK GIBBZ. The poor man's impoverished cousin's Rick Ross!!!"

you can diss gibbs for a lot of shit, but saying that he can't rap at all is pretty much wrong.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Freddie Gibbs

Post by Employee »

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The new album is really good. Really good. Looking forward to Bandana.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Can't wait to listen and killed the album cover

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Just waiting on Bandana. All noise up until then.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Dap

Post by Dap »

Yeah the new album is fuckin fire