Post by Sucka Ducka »

can't wait to bump this.

Fury's Flavour

Post by Fury's Flavour »

Awesome. Amazing Statik Selektah production

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

drizzle wrote:the ep that you have to buy off itunes comes out aug 3
...which leaked already, unsurprisingly.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Quotashun wrote:
i didn't even notice, pm me pls if you got a link
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Yo...this is that shit...

Gibbs was already good and just got significantly better.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Dap

Post by Dap »

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/07/29 ... rick-ross/

new gibbs interview....causing a LOT of controversy it seems

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Complex: Another tweet you had recently was, ג€œmuch love to all the real DJs in the game. To all the ones that be tryin to rap and be diddy eat a dick.ג€ Were you angry at someone or was that just a general blanket statement?

Freddie Gibbs: I mean it was just a general thing. I wasnג€™t angry at nobody. Specifically I was talking about DJ Khaled, if people wanna know. I donג€™t like what heג€™s doing rapping on records and shit like that, but you know, to each his own. Iג€™m not taking away nothing that he did in the game or the success that heג€™s had, ג€™cause heג€™s done his thing and made bread, but I just think that so many niggas are making a mockery of this rap game right now. Itג€™s like, real MCs doing they thang, putting this real shit down, real lyrics, and canג€™t get breathing room ג€™cause you got fuck shit like that. I think that shit is garbage. I donג€™t like what that shit stand for.

Complex: Would it have made a difference if you thought his verse was good?

Freddie Gibbs: He got his position, though. DJ Khaled ainג€™t a rapper. Donג€™t matter if you nice or not. Play your role, play your position. No way that nigga can be nice, listen to his fucking voice. [Laughs.] He a DJ. He do his thing. Scream on your records. Say ג€œniggaג€ and all that shit you like to say. Iג€™m surprised motherfuckers ainג€™t check him for that. Clowns like that in the game I donג€™t really pay attention to. I respect his success, and the way he did what he did to make his paper, but I donג€™t respect his art none whatsoever.

Complex: You donג€™t like any of his records?

Freddie Gibbs: I like some of them records. I like the shit with Plies and T-Pain, ג€œIג€™m So Hood.ג€ Thatג€™s really it. I liked a couple of the early records. Iג€™m not saying they donג€™t make good records. They just do clown-ass shit. A lot of these rappers in the game be scared to say something about that shit because they wanna get they next check, or they wanna ride dick, ג€™cause these niggas is making a little bread. Nigga make your own lane and make your own money. Niggas wouldnג€™t be able to do no shit like that in ג€˜96, ג€˜98. In the ג€™90s. Kid Capri wasnג€™t busting no verse. You donג€™t see Funkmaster Flex busting no verses, my nigga. DJ Premier ainג€™t busting no verses. Itג€™s all about respect. Much success to them and I hope they keep doing they thing, but I just think these niggas disrespecting the game because they got the power to do it. The fucking president of A&R of Def Jam, who gonג€™ tell them no?
:leon:

I respect and like him even more now.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

apparently he's getting flac for jew hating on this tape or something

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

His manager is a Jew. The label that put this out is owned by Jews. What's new. Paul Rosenberg was going to sign him as well.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

that was the gist of his rebuttal i think

i caught like tweet echos while cleaning up our account, we apparently were following both him and whoever was talking shit so I saw bits and pieces fly by
Last edited by drizzle on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

drizzle wrote:apparently he's getting flac for jew hating on this tape or something
haven't heard the reference, but I imagine it's nothing, probably on some nonsense of either dissing an A&R or fucking some jewish chick.

and what the fuck up is up with that opening paragraph of that Complex interview:
Toshitaka Kondo wrote:If not for his talent, Freddie Gibbs would be another example of ג€œwhen keeping it real goes wrong.ג€ At a time when emo-rap has begun to assert itself as hip-hopג€™s dominant sub-genre, the Gary, Indiana rapper stubbornly clutches onto gangsta rap like itג€™s a life preserver and his boat has just capsized at sea.
One: never use "emo-rap"
Two: who the fuck makes that and how is it a dominant sub-genre?

on a much better note:
This mixtape is fucking ruthless!
I expected it to be alright, with a few heavy hitters that i'd dig and probably put on a mix or some shit, but this is front to back heat.
Gibbs wasn't exaggerating when he said his mixtape would shit on most albums.

Fury's Flavour

Post by Fury's Flavour »

Much love

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

drizzle wrote:
Quotashun wrote:
i didn't even notice, pm me pls if you got a link

step one

Post by step one »

havent heard him yet. just came to check this thread on the strength of these quotes from the interview I found at Byron Crawford's site:

On the 20 or so times he was picked up and questioned about a murder:

Yeah, a little trouble here and there. I caught my first felony gun charge when I was 19. I got caught with a dirty gun. Getting caught stealing shit, but nothing ever really stuck. Getting picked up and questioned about plenty of murders. Probably over 20.

On why his manager, Joe "3H" Weinberger, dropped him like a bad habit:

He saw the trends of rap starting to shift away from the gangsta shit. He saw more of these fuckboys coming into the game. These ג€œCharles Hamilton-typeג€ niggas making that ג€œbubblegum-bullshitג€ rap. He saw that and wanted to latch onto that, instead of latching on to what was real. He saw a dollar-sign opportunity. I ainג€™t no racist motherfucker, but it was the Jew in him.

On why he's not concerned with paying Just Blaze for a song he produced:

One fucking song. For a motherfucker to trip like that, then you know. Whatever, I ainג€™t tripping on that. Rap niggas and the niggas in this industry I donג€™t even pay no attention to ג€˜em, cause ainג€™t none of them gonna come whoop my ass. Ainג€™t none of them gonna come say nothing to me. So I just be like, whatever. [Laughs.] Motherfuckers hide behind they computers and say little bullshit all day, but 99% of these niggas ainג€™t 100, man, so I donג€™t really give no fuck.

On Rick Ross being a cop and Lil Wayne being a down low homosexual:

Rapג€™s so fucking watered down right now, you can be a motherfucking C.O., you can kiss a nigga, and as long as you making good music, these niggas donג€™t give a fuck.

On whether or not DJ Khaled is allowed to say the dreaded n-word:

No way that nigga can be [a good rapper], listen to his fucking voice. [Laughs.] He a DJ. He do his thing. Scream on your records. Say ג€œniggaג€ and all that shit you like to say. Iג€™m surprised motherfuckers ainג€™t check him for that.

On how DJ Skee constructs his playlists:

Much love to the DJs that play real shit. But a DJ supposed to be a nigga thatג€™s gonna break a record. Do what he gotta do and take pride in breaking that record. It wasnג€™t so he had to get a piece of you. If he believed in your record then heג€™d break your record because that was gonna give him more respect as a DJ. But you got these guys who are like, ג€œIf Iג€™m gonna work with you I want this, I want that.ג€

On the last time he had to beat a nigga's ass:

I wouldnג€™t even really call it a fight. I just beat a niggaג€™s ass for coming sideways at the gym out in L.A. at a pickup basketball game. A nigga was playing basketball talking all crazy. I had to knock his ass out.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

step one wrote:havent heard him yet.
Son, I am disappoint.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Echo Leader wrote:
Son, I am disappoint.
step one doesn't like alot of shit though so don't be disappointed.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

step one

Post by step one »

ardamus wrote:
Echo Leader wrote:
Son, I am disappoint.
i just dont tend to check for new rappers. Id probably like a few if I gave em a chance - god knows that I get enough stuff sent to me every week.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Echo Leader wrote:
Son, I am disappoint.
i just dont tend to check for new rappers. Id probably like a few if I gave em a chance - god knows that I get enough stuff sent to me every week.
You're a fag.

step one

Post by step one »

Employee wrote:
step one wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Echo Leader wrote:
Son, I am disappoint.
You're a fag.
you've really got that cutting edge humour down to a fine art now havent you.
shame you're such a cock obsessed pussyhole.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

fire

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:

Yeah, a little trouble here and there. I caught my first felony gun charge when I was 19. I got caught with a dirty gun. Getting caught stealing shit, but nothing ever really stuck. Getting picked up and questioned about plenty of murders. Probably over 20.

Ummm......according to his Wikpedia page he is twenty-eight. If his name came up that regularly in the course of "around twenty" separate murder investigations, he would be in the surveil of federal agencies as well as at the top of the list of all local gang-related homicide task forces. Now if 2005 was the real jump-off point for him musically, that means his being suspected of homicide in the neighborhood of twenty separate occasions all transpired before he wasn't even twenty-four years old. That is one of the biggest lies I've ever known of someone uttering. Seriously, the degree of retardation at play there is unfathomable.

Second, he "caught his first felony gun charge" at nineteen and he did no jail time? And he is black, impoverished at the time (according to him) and statistically fucked if we're looking at available data on incarcertation for individuals of his race, socioeconmic status, type of crime etc.......but he served no time in prison?

That's some straight BULLSHIT.

step one

Post by step one »

Employee wrote:
step one wrote:

Ummm......according to his Wikpedia page he is twenty-eight. If his name came up that regularly in the course of "around twenty" separate murder investigations, he would be in the surveil of federal agencies as well as at the top of the list of all local gang-related homicide task forces. Now if 2005 was the real jump-off point for him musically, that means his being suspected of homicide in the neighborhood of twenty separate occasions all transpired before he wasn't even twenty-four years old. That is one of the biggest lies I've ever known of someone uttering. Seriously, the degree of retardation at play there is unfathomable.

Second, he "caught his first felony gun charge" at nineteen and he did no jail time? And he is black, impoverished at the time (according to him) and statistically fucked if we're looking at available data on incarcertation for individuals of his race, socioeconmic status, type of crime etc.......but he served no time in prison?

yeah, you're right. I should probably listen to Sole instead.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Employee wrote:
step one wrote:

The amount of times he was questioned about a murder seems exaggerated to me. Of course, being questioned about a murder does not mean that the police even neccessarily think you did it. You may just be associated with a group(s) or individuals who police think are involved. Or maybe just dealing drugs in the areas where the murders occurred. I agree though, even if that is the case, 20 is too high.

As for the gun possession, Gibbs doesn't live in New York or Washington D.C.. The Midwest, and to a lesser extent, the West Coast, is pretty lenient when it comes to illegal gun possession. His gun cases are on file so I am pretty sure he is not stupid enough to lie about them, when any journalist could find out the facts pretty easily.
Last edited by COOLEHMAGAZINE on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

step one

Post by step one »

Listened to this today. Cant see what all the fuss is about with this guy.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote: yeah, you're right. I should probably listen to Sole instead.
Listen to Celine Dion if you want to. If you want to be a gullible faggot and take Freddie Gibbs at his word that he was questioned about "20 or so" homicides, go on being a gullible faggot. One of the funniest rap lies ever.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:As for the gun possession, Gibbs doesn't live in New York or Washington D.C.. The Midwest, and to a lesser extent, the West Coast, is pretty lenient when it comes to illegal gun possession. His gun cases are on file so I am pretty sure he is not stupid enough to lie about them, when any journalist could find out the facts pretty easily.
So the contention is now that so long as you're caught west/northwest of the Bible Belt, no matter the circumstance, you're good to go?

Do you have any links pertaining to factual information about his gun charges?

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Employee wrote:
COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:As for the gun possession, Gibbs doesn't live in New York or Washington D.C.. The Midwest, and to a lesser extent, the West Coast, is pretty lenient when it comes to illegal gun possession. His gun cases are on file so I am pretty sure he is not stupid enough to lie about them, when any journalist could find out the facts pretty easily.
So the contention is now that so long as you're caught west/northwest of the Bible Belt, no matter the circumstance, you're good to go?

Do you have any links pertaining to factual information about his gun charges?
I am saying that I do not find it odd that Freddie Gibbs could catch an illegal gun possession charge in certain areas of the country and be able to avoid jail time. Assuming you do not have a lengthy record, didn't fire the gun at anyone and various other possible factors.

I do not have any links. We interviewed him for the magazine last winter and he mentioned that he was on probation for a gun in California and that his previous case was when he was a teenager, which might explain a lenient sentence in the prior case.

Who knows. He certainly could be lying about that too, anything is possible, it just does not seem particularly fishy to me.

YOUNGMOE

Post by YOUNGMOE »

gibbs is ridiculously dope

i gotta give PF his props for puttin me on to him