So is Royce Da 5'9 about to sign with Bad Boy?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Magneto

So is Royce Da 5'9 about to sign with Bad Boy?

Post by Magneto »

What's with all the videos with him and Diddy traveling together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbPz5e6J ... annel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_qhjaX ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzMCi5-iVSo

I know Royce and Budden have been working (Aka Writting) on Diddy's new LP, but this seems...different.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

It'd be a good look. Royce ain't getting any younger and he needs more promo.

Robust

Post by Robust »

maybe he writtin lyrics.....?

ric

Post by ric »

the real question though....would you hit that flight attendant?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

noooo... the Bad Boy curse is still real

aint you see this Mark Curry book that's about to drop?
It's clear that former Bad Boy recording artist Mark Curry has balls just as big as Diddy because homie is going IN!

Gyantscoop.com was one of the first blogs to report about Curry's explosive new book that's rumored to blow [no pun intended] the lid off Puffy and his alleged scandalous and devilish ways. But in a new excerpt from the book, Curry is suggesting that Diddy could have financially raped his number one star.

According to itshiphop.com, was the Notorious BIG so broke during his Bad Boy days that he had to resort to bootlegging his own CDs?

Former label-mate Mark Curry makes that allegation in his new book "Dancing With the Devil: How Puff Burned the Bad Boys of Hip Hop." Curry claims that despite strong sales, Biggie had to sell drugs and bootlegged copies of his CD out of the trunk of his car so he could have spending money.

Curry also claims that Puffy did not tell former Bad Boy rapper G-Dep that taxes and production contracts would be subtracted from his 350-thousand-dollar signing advance. He says that as a result, less than six months after signing the contract, G-Dep was in debt to Bad Boy and soon turned to drugs.

Diddy has yet to address Curry, his new book, or the extremely damaging allegations being made.

Though I have yet to receive my copy of this new book yet, I already believe every word that's been released so far.

I think this is fitting: Chhhhhhiiiilleee!

Got A Hot Tip: Gyantscoop@gmail.com
:bunk: :owens: :ohsh: :copy: :jayz:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

unless you're an R&B act, signing with Bad Boy is nearly as bad as signing with Aftermath. Puffy is never going to let any of his artists get more famous than him. Ask G Dep, The Lox, Mark Curry, Shyne, Black Rob, Loon etc. Wasnt Aasim signed to Bad Boy at some point aswell?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Good move for Royce because he'll never blow up the way he thinks. This way he'll get some money and be considered Puffy's new puppet. But at least he'll have some coin.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Did Camp Lo sign to Bad Boy, or was that just a rumor?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Philaflava wrote:But at least he'll have some coin.
I highly doubt that. All the other people that were signed to bad boy work at home depot now.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Random Sample wrote:
Philaflava wrote:But at least he'll have some coin.
I highly doubt that. All the other people that were signed to bad boy work at home depot now.
Let me rephrase whatever he gets will be more than what he has now. Plus he builds up his name which could lead to other things.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:Good move for Royce because he'll never blow up the way he thinks. This way he'll get some money and be considered Puffy's new puppet. But at least he'll have some coin.
Royce isn't broke.

Speaking of Royce, Nas and Slaughterhouse are having a concert tonight in Detroit. Anyone here going?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Good move for Royce because he'll never blow up the way he thinks. This way he'll get some money and be considered Puffy's new puppet. But at least he'll have some coin.
Royce isn't broke.

Speaking of Royce, Nas and Slaughterhouse are having a concert tonight in Detroit. Anyone here going?
No, I'm pretty sure Royce isn't broke but he is tettering on Cappadona's level of riches.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Royce isn't broke.

No, I'm pretty sure Royce isn't broke but he is tettering on Cappadona's level of riches.
He has been ghostwriting for Diddy for years now. He is getting money.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Royce isn't broke.

"...Writin' Puff shit so muthafucka, fuck you pay me!"
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

LOL@Budden writing for Puff and turning in a bunch of emo suicidal shit and punchlines about MF Doom.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

maybe i'm off base.. but why would it be puffy's responsibility to explain to g-dep that taxes are going to be deducted from his advance?? isn't that why people hire lawyers and accountants???

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ackbar wrote:maybe i'm off base.. but why would it be puffy's responsibility to explain to g-dep that taxes are going to be deducted from his advance?? isn't that why people hire lawyers and accountants???
Puff did all kinds of shady shit to his artists that goes far beyond the realm of "they shoulda known better"

that shit about "you HAVE TO have my Bentley in your video so you look jiggy... and I have to be in the video too" shit was foul... it gets extra foul when Diddy then charges you for his appearance and the Bentley too that you didn't want, but he told you you had to have. Mark said he would quadruple charge some fees sometimes, TO HIS OWN ARTISTS. :bunk:

Royce signing to Bad Boy would be the worst idea ever. Just hang out with Puffy for a few weeks, get some celebrity promo, why not... but don't sign on the dotted line, homie!

peace to Eyedea :ironmike:
Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Royce isn't broke.

yeah, Royce is not in the same category as many other indie rappers...

the problem was, he is the caliber of MC that shoulda/coulda been rolling on Dre's level but that Anger Management tour misunderstanding with D-12 and Eminem sent him from the A-list to the D-list (Detroit, that is)

it's not about Royce getting money, it's about Royce getting recognized as an MC near/above/equal to Eminem.

oh, what I would do for a 2001-era Bad Meets Evil album...
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

Hasn't Royce had songs on video games? I read somewhere that this usually translates to stupendous cream.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thun wrote:Hasn't Royce had songs on video games? I read somewhere that this usually translates to stupendous cream.
GTA. Shecky and Reef made most of the money. I dealt with Kino and Royce for ALOOO V1 so I know some things.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Thun wrote:Hasn't Royce had songs on video games? I read somewhere that this usually translates to stupendous cream.
every deal is different, but that money ain't as large as you might think.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

you have the best song on fight night round 3 btw..

well the best intro.. very rare ya get to hear the whole thing.. but i know the first 4 bars.... lol

and royce hit a lick last year with his $1000 for a verse campaign

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I know producers that strictly do shit for EA Sports. After all is said and done it might be a few G's at best.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'd like to know what Pharoah got for that one joint he wrote for Puff. I'm thinking it was under 10K.

GoodLook

Post by GoodLook »

Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Royce isn't broke.

I'd have to disagree with that; Royce has been signed 2 or three times with major labels; never released an album on a major, which means he got the advances, which back in the late 90's, early 2000's, was probably 500k-1mill at least.... Since nothing was released, theres nothing for the label to recoup; so he kept the money from the advances. If he invested his money wisely back then, he's probably doing alright now.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

GoodLook wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Royce isn't broke.

I'd have to disagree with that; Royce has been signed 2 or three times with major labels; never released an album on a major, which means he got the advances, which back in the late 90's, early 2000's, was probably 500k-1mill at least.... Since nothing was released, theres nothing for the label to recoup; so he kept the money from the advances. Plus he does shows, guest spots, and all that other shit which brings in income. But who knows, I'm not his accountant.

Cappadonna on the other hand drives a cab and proba
I can assure you Columbia did NOT give him 500-1M in advance. He was dropped and fucked around with Bob Perry (like Mega did) and put shit out on Traffic. He probably made more on those mixtapes than he did on the majors.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:
GoodLook wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Royce isn't broke.

I'd have to disagree with that; Royce has been signed 2 or three times with major labels; never released an album on a major, which means he got the advances, which back in the late 90's, early 2000's, was probably 500k-1mill at least.... Since nothing was released, theres nothing for the label to recoup; so he kept the money from the advances. Plus he does shows, guest spots, and all that other shit which brings in income. But who knows, I'm not his accountant.

I can assure you Columbia did NOT give him 500-1M in advance. He was dropped and fucked around with Bob Perry (like Mega did) and put shit out on Traffic. He probably made more on those mixtapes than he did on the majors.
Royce said the reason he signed to Tommy Boy over Shady was cause he got $1,000,000 signing bonus

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
GoodLook wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote: Royce isn't broke.

Royce said the reason he signed to Tommy Boy over Shady was cause he got $1,000,000 signing bonus
Suge Knight also said he had nothing to do with the death of 2Pac. Again, Tom Silverman did not let Royce walk away with 1 million with no product in return. You guys believe everything you hear? I swear I'd bet the farm there is a rapper on this board who has more money than all parities involved in Slaugherhouse. Foreal.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I don't believe all rap rumors, but I do believe that Royce got a huge ass signing bonus back when labels were still doing that kinda thing, considering he was the only guest on the 'Slim Shady' LP and he had lots of buzz then...

I thought the first Rock City album was the Tommy Boy ---> Columbia album

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

I was pretty shocked to hear "Braille" on Nba Live, this is a dude I used to bullshit with in chat rooms etc

and Im with Chump Change, Sluggo gets hype on Knockout kings

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

I'm sure Royce isn't hurting. He wrote on the Chronic 2001, and probably has some sort of point on the first Eminem LP. Depends on how he spends his money though.

I very highly doubt that Royce got $1,000,000 for a signing bonus.

Eminem gave 50 Cent $1 million signing bonus. But he had full faith in Dr. Dre and 50 Cent releasing a diamond album.

Tommy Boy didn't give Royce no million dollars. You outta your mind?

Answer: yes.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous