Drake: "one of the biggest bidding wars ever"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Drake: "one of the biggest bidding wars ever"

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Toronto MC Drake, arguably the most talked about up-and-coming artist since Kanye West and 50 Cent, is involved in a serious bidding war between at least three major labels according to Billboard.

As XXLMag.com reported last month, Drake is close to signing a deal, but has yet to sign on the dotted line. Billboard has learned that Drizzy will most likely go to Universal, due to the labelג€™s relationship with his crew Young Money. At the same time, this has not deterred other labels from baiting the So Far Gone rapper, whose mixtape single ג€œBest I Ever Hadג€ is receiving serious radio airplay. In fact sources tell Billboard that three majors are in possibly ג€œone of the biggest bidding wars ever.ג€ It is rumored that an undisclosed company has offered Drizzy $2 million to join their ranks.

In addition, Warner Music Group CEO Lyor Cohen and Chief Operating Officer Julie Greenwald made a notable appearance at Drakeג€™s New York City concert last week, showing Atlanticג€™s interest in the former Degrassi actor.

Rumors hit the net last month that Drake had already signed to Universal. At the time his manager Gee Roberson of Hip-Hop Since 1978, whose clients include Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy and Just Blaze, denied the claims. ג€œDrake isnג€™t signed to Universal Motown,ג€ Roberson told XXL. ג€œHeג€™s currently in the final negotiations of his deal.ג€

Stay tuned to XXL as the bidding war plays out.
:rockout:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3LIwvYVKwM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3LIwvYVKwM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NYdo3UGBaQk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NYdo3UGBaQk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

drake looks slightly retarded. his eyes are spaced out a centimeter too much

and he's a canadian faggot
Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Reason wrote:drake looks slightly retarded. his eyes are spaced out a centimeter too much

and he's a canadian faggot
he's actually half jewbag
UBM CD COMING SOON

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

pffttt.. dude was on that gay ass show degrassi??? bwahahaahaha
ImageImageImage

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I refuse to believe anyone actually listens to this dude.

"One of the biggest bidding wars ever" = :arrow:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Employee wrote:I refuse to believe anyone actually listens to this dude.

"One of the biggest bidding wars ever" = :arrow:
people's consistent denial of inevitability is a constant source of joy for me :ironmike:

unstoppable object meeting immovable force like boo-ya :cheers:

I'm gonna send you a link to Drake's album the MICRO-SECOND it drops, Employee. I care about your music collection that much :rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
I'm gonna send you a link to Drake's album the MICRO-SECOND it drops, Employee. I care about your music collection that much :rofl:
Do me a favor and don't, man.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

The Best I Ever Had is the worst faggottest shit I've heard in a long time.

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

I can't help but assume bender has a dick up his ass in his sig pic..
ImageImageImage

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

In other news, Drake's cock has signed an exclusive sponsorship deal with Mindbender's mouth. That's right, wherever you see Mindbender's mouth, Drake's cock will be firmly implanted.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Moolah wrote:The Best I Ever Had is the worst faggottest shit I've heard in a long time.
That might even be an understatement. The first time I heard that I felt physically ill. Recoiling from the speakers and shit.

philbluntsmoker

Post by philbluntsmoker »

yeah mindbender im all for canadians getting on but drake is wack as fuck. gimme a break money. i usually give you the benefit but if you actually like that guys music maybe everyone around here is right about how retarded you are.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

a 2 million dollar deal is tight? i mean, if you plan on sellig 100 million records in a recession i guess it is. props to drake for his buzz n shit, but the whole big ass advance thing, i dunno son. papoose.

step one

Post by step one »

you mean Drake has attracted the interest of some middle aged Jews who know fuck all about quality Hip Hop? He must be good!
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Wow. For once, MB's co-signing of hype is legitimate. Denying Drake's presence, fan base, or talent (considering the type of shit he's trying to make) is crazy. Sure, the advances offered may not be crazy compared to what once was, but considering the state of the game right now, that's pretty unbelievable. Good for him. And the latest rumor is 4 million on the table.

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

the autotune/singsongy shit is cornball but dude can rap, very well.

That verse over "Ignorant Shit" was hella clean

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Bender would almost certainly be criticising Drake for being another trend hopping clone if he was American.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

zzzzz

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

Captin Planit wrote:Wow. For once, MB's co-signing of hype is legitimate. Denying Drake's presence, fan base, or talent (considering the type of shit he's trying to make) is crazy. Sure, the advances offered may not be crazy compared to what once was, but considering the state of the game right now, that's pretty unbelievable. Good for him. And the latest rumor is 4 million on the table.
I'm inclined to agree. I'm not really even familiar with Drake but women and kids are loving this cat right now.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

i am a fan of Drake...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

philbluntsmoker wrote:yeah mindbender im all for canadians getting on but drake is wack as fuck. gimme a break money. i usually give you the benefit but if you actually like that guys music maybe everyone around here is right about how retarded you are.
:lol:

I love how people are so polarized by one opinion.

I can't like Nas, Crooked I, Lauryn Hill, El-P AND Drake all at once?

ha ha ha

sorry guys. My ears just can't stop liking what I like :owens:

if this keeps up, maybe I'll cut them off for you.

then my fingers and tongue and eyes :blank:
Captin Planit wrote:And the latest rumor is 4 million on the table.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rap is outta control.
Moolah wrote:Bender would almost certainly be criticising Drake for being another trend hopping clone if he was American.
I love the mythology I have created around here.

youth guyth arma... wait *pulls Drake's 4 million dollar rap cock out of mouth* YOU GUYS AMAZE ME :rofl:

FuhqUrDayUp

Post by FuhqUrDayUp »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:*pulls Drake's 4 million dollar rap cock out of mouth*
:ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: / :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:

step one

Post by step one »

Radio Raheem wrote:women and kids are loving this cat right now.
sums him up really. just some pop shit for daytime radio.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Dap

Post by Dap »

i don't care if he gets an 80 million dollar advance, that still doesn't change the fact that he's at best average at rapping and singing

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

Piff Tannen wrote:a 2 million dollar deal is tight? i mean, if you plan on sellig 100 million records in a recession i guess it is. props to drake for his buzz n shit, but the whole big ass advance thing, i dunno son. papoose.
Papoose was actually very smart about how his deal was structured. He had an expiration date put in it. If Jive didnt drop his album after a certain amount of time (2 years I think), he got to walk away. With the money.

And that's exactly what happened. Now... it might have been more beneficial for the album to actually drop, but he still got to walk away with alotta money.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Remo the Great wrote:
Piff Tannen wrote:a 2 million dollar deal is tight? i mean, if you plan on sellig 100 million records in a recession i guess it is. props to drake for his buzz n shit, but the whole big ass advance thing, i dunno son. papoose.
Papoose was actually very smart about how his deal was structured. He had an expiration date put in it. If Jive didnt drop his album after a certain amount of time (2 years I think), he got to walk away. With the money.

And that's exactly what happened. Now... it might have been more beneficial for the album to actually drop, but he still got to walk away with alotta money.
I didn't know that.

I knew Pap is a smart cat and this confirms it.

Don't think he'll ever have a buzz as big as it was 2-3 years ago.

philbluntsmoker

Post by philbluntsmoker »

MINDBENDER IS RETARDEDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: *pulls Drake's 4 million dollar rap cock out of mouth*
:clay:

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

Eh. I've heard a lot worse shit than Drake. I bet the teens love it.