Employee, I saw Epic perform tonight :)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Shup Diddy wrote:
Employee wrote:THE GLOBAL IS WARMING, OIL IN THE TAR SANDS, PROVINCIAL PARKLANDS, JASPER NATIONAL
I WANT PEACE
but its been a long WEEK
Life would be magical if everyone on earth (even poor people) wore a t-shirt with a picture of just Epic's hair on the front and all of the lyrics from the song on the back.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Shup Diddy wrote:
Employee wrote:THE GLOBAL IS WARMING, OIL IN THE TAR SANDS, PROVINCIAL PARKLANDS, JASPER NATIONAL
I WANT PEACE
but its been a long WEEK
"TOOK A SABBATICAL....FROM THE INDUSTRY....REGAINED THE PASSION....STRONGER THAN EVER"

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

when you hear him perform lines like this... it's. just. too. awesome.

he is Kryptonite to you Superman haters
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:when you hear him perform lines like this... it's. just. too. awesome.

Totally, bro. He's like another earthly god taunting us to decipher his heaven codes.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:when you hear him perform lines like this... it's. just. too. awesome.

Fag.

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

Yohan wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Employee wrote:
oracle21 wrote:who the hell is epic
Prepare yourself, man. Seriously................

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RtWhCUsLI2U&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RtWhCUsLI2U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:lol: :lol: :lol: Never. This will never be unfunny to me. Ever.

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

Wow. Remeber this guy from HHI days. Did not improve with time.

Not hating, but I think he's really, really not good at rapping at all not even a little bit.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Naysayer wrote:Wow. Remeber this guy from HHI days. Did not improve with time.

Not hating, but I think he's really, really not good at rapping at all not even a little bit.
Mindbender Futurama wrote:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

jasper nationaljasper nationaljasper nationaljasper nationaljasper
nationaljasper nationaljasper nationaljasper nationaljasper nationaljasper
nationaljasper nationaljasper nationaljasper nationaljasper national
Nets 2022

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

zygmontone wrote:
Yohan wrote:
Reggie wrote:
Employee wrote:
oracle21 wrote:who the hell is epic
Prepare yourself, man. Seriously................

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RtWhCUsLI2U&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RtWhCUsLI2U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:lol: :lol: :lol: Never. This will never be unfunny to me. Ever.
welcome to the secret power of Canadian underground rap magic. :cookiecookie:
Employee wrote:
Naysayer wrote:Wow. Remeber this guy from HHI days. Did not improve with time.

:rofl:
Thun wrote:

Fag.
Dearest Roger "Ms. Melodie" Suarez,
For someone supposedly so intelligent, and the self-proclaimed voice of reason of Philaflava, I certainly expect a wittier, or at least more diverse, response.

I believe in you, my brother. Meet me at the top of this infinite evolutionary ladder. I know you're supposed to be up here with me.

What? U Mad that Epic has more fans and friends than you do? Don't worry, Roger. Because there is one timeless, universal truth that won't stop like hip hop (aka rap being out of control). And that truth is: Mindbender loves you.

:ignore:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Honest question does anyone in the U.S. know, care or own an album by said rapper?

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

rapgame wrote:<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yH0fkAbYCCs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yH0fkAbYCCs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RESPECT 4 THE BOUNCER
Pip Skid is dope. One of the most slept on Canadian Emcees. I love just about everything released by Peanuts and Corn records. McEnroe is one of my favorite producers.

Epic, not so much. :lol:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:Honest question does anyone in the U.S. know, care or own an album by said rapper?
Honest question is America the center of the earth?

another honest question: are there musicians who have thriving careers that don't appear on America's radar? :killacam:

it's America's loss to be so arrogant and self-righteous.

but it's mostly the FANS who are closed minded to other regions.

Redman has been a Saukrates fan for over a decade and change. He knows wassup.

i hope you do too :cheers:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Philaflava wrote:Honest question does anyone in the U.S. know, care or own an album by said rapper?
:seagraves: :limpy:
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

When it comes to hip-hop YES! You could be a great actor in Evansville, Indiana but if you aren't in Hollywood who the fuck knows or cares about you?
Yes again. The music is derived from here so we're critical about it. It's the American way.

Redman has not had a successful album since the start of the millennium and furthermore Saukrates has not put out an album since 1999 so how wonderful has that relationship been for his career?
Last edited by Philaflava on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: Honest question is America the center of the earth?
Yes.

Don't you recall penning a diatribe about it in the vainglorious epic "F.A.I.L.?"

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

It's arrogant not to like Epic and associated hack-canuck rappers? Really?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Naysayer wrote:It's arrogant not to like Epic and associated hack-canuck rappers? Really?
HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT NEED TO BE SAID, BRUH?????!!!!!????

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

lol^

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Philaflava wrote: Honest question is America the center of the earth?
Yes, when it comes to most things. sorry its just the way it is. not to say it always has and always will be that way but it is now and has been for some time. we are rome. and i know rome fell all great civilations do, but until we do we are the center of the world. deal with or get better than us.
not really, we only have so much time for so much, we are still dealing with new music from around our own country, and honestly we dont like foreign rap. for the most part it is just bad knock offs of the shit we have here and we have plenty of our own bad knock offs. we have discussed this before, but until a foreign country adds something unique to the mix and culture they wont get the respect they think they deserve. again step up or deal with it.

Since when is redman the standard bearer for what americans should like? thats like saying nicholas cage signed off on such and such actor at this point. who cares. [/quote]

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Canada suffers from the same afflicition of Anticon: Dope producers, not-so-dope rappers.

If there were no Canadian rappers, the world would be an awesome place.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ALASKA wrote:
Since when is redman the standard bearer for what americans should like? thats like saying nicholas cage signed off on such and such actor at this point. who cares
Redman is both a venerable cultural institute and a positive role model for children worldwide.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:
When it comes to hip-hop YES! You could be a great actor in Evansville, Indiana but if you aren't in Hollywood who the fuck knows or cares about you?
Yes again. The music is derived from here so we're critical about it. It's the American way.

Redman has not had a successful album since the start of the millennium and furthermore Saukrates has not had a real album either.
1. there are artists all over the world who do not even market or promote in America who are doing fucking excellent. Robbie Williams is crying on a mountain of money in England because he can't break in your hometown. He'll be alright. David Hasselhoff? Double platinum in Germany? He's cool. Cats are enormous in Asia and don't do shit in America. You can't discredit their accomplishments because they "didn't do it in America". Different strokes for different folks.

A lot of American ears just aren't open enough to hear the musical styles the rest of the world is doing.

That don't make the rest of the world wack. Actually, American music has never sounded so inferior, in my life. I wouldn't be surprised if Drake murdered Jay-Z on his own track. You know its possible :ignore:

2. Hip hop culture is officially, really, truly worldwide now. My mom just got back from Italy yesterday and took hundreds of pictures of graffiti. Your standards are not exactly the bar anymore. In some ways yes, but in other ways, not so much.

3. I'm not talking about successes. I'm talking about how American artists are way ahead of (fuck) American (ignorant) listeners :ironmike: in checking for cats outside of America. KRS-One been coming here since 1986. He knows we got a real, respectable music culture here in Toronto. Sure, the caribbean/reggae-hip hop vibe might not ever REALLY blow up in America, but y'all should respect its place in the game.

"The Bridge Is Over" is kinda influenced by reggae if you didn't notice.

oh, and DJ Kool Herc? Yardie.

hip hop itself is built on the Jamaican style of soundclash DJing, still.

i'm just sayin :cheers:

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Philaflava wrote:

Redman has not had a successful album since the start of the millennium and furthermore Saukrates has not had a real album either.
1. there are artists all over the world who do not even market or promote in America who are doing fucking excellent. Robbie Williams is crying on a mountain of money in England because he can't break in your hometown. He'll be alright. David Hasselhoff? Double platinum in Germany? He's cool. Cats are enormous in Asia and don't do shit in America. You can't discredit their accomplishments because they "didn't do it in America". Different strokes for different folks.

A lot of American ears just aren't open enough to hear the musical styles the rest of the world is doing.

That don't make the rest of the world wack. Actually, American music has never sounded so inferior, in my life. I wouldn't be surprised if Drake murdered Jay-Z on his own track. You know its possible :ignore:

2. Hip hop culture is officially, really, truly worldwide now. My mom just got back from Italy yesterday and took hundreds of pictures of graffiti. Your standards are not exactly the bar anymore. In some ways yes, but in other ways, not so much.

3. I'm not talking about successes. I'm talking about how American artists are way ahead of (fuck) American (ignorant) listeners :ironmike: in checking for cats outside of America. KRS-One been coming here since 1986. He knows we got a real, respectable music culture here in Toronto. Sure, the caribbean/reggae-hip hop vibe might not ever REALLY blow up in America, but y'all should respect its place in the game.

"The Bridge Is Over" is kinda influenced by reggae if you didn't notice.

oh, and DJ Kool Herc? Yardie.

hip hop itself is built on the Jamaican style of soundclash DJing, still.

i'm just sayin :cheers:
robbie williams tried to make it here twice and failed and if you have to go to the hoff you are fucking reaching.

your point is different strokes for different folks, so accept your own logic. some people will like your shit and others will either be unaware, wont care or will down right hate it. deal with it.

max prime

Post by max prime »

this thread is fucked.

but I got IN IT :hump:

yuh

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

^^^ Alasky, who says i ain't dealing with it? i'm good. i like my rap style. i feel like it's almost in season.

i only said David Hasselhoff and Robbie Williams for diversity's sake. I didn't even bring up any R&B singers or rappers around the world who are doing great in their own countries. I could name a hundred artists who don't chart in America who are super rich and famous. And Bollywood is no less valid because Hollywood doesn't respect it (though they are starting to, ala Slumdog Millionaire, easily one of the best movies released in the last 2 years, across the entire planet).

the world is changing. hip hop isn't what it used to be (duh) :ironmike: . the result? new places will rise, as old places fall.

same as it never was. :cheers:

lj

Post by lj »

Employee wrote:
WTF??
:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

is that some sort of parody i'm not getting?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:^^^ Alasky, who says i ain't dealing with it? i'm good. i like my rap style. i feel like it's almost in season.

i only said David Hasselhoff and Robbie Williams for diversity's sake. I didn't even bring up any R&B singers or rappers around the world who are doing great in their own countries. I could name a hundred artists who don't chart in America who are super rich and famous. And Bollywood is no less valid because Hollywood doesn't respect it (though they are starting to, ala Slumdog Millionaire, easily one of the best movies released in the last 2 years, across the entire planet).

the world is changing. hip hop isn't what it used to be (duh) :ironmike: . the result? new places will rise, as old places fall.

They can do great in their own countries all day but the reality is that you cant be a superstar if you dont make it here and in the UK. bottom line, you need those two in your cap or you will always be local. Thats not a bad thing by any means, it just is what it is. Bollywood was big where it was, but you cant tell me that a director in bollywood or a bollywood actor doesnt want the us and uk recognition, just like musicians want the US and UK recognition. its the fact of life. its the same reason every actor wants to be in ny or la. its the same reason every band eventually wants to conquer those two cities. it gives you a cache that you cant get when you are big in indonesia. MB you can become the patron saint of hip hop in canada but you know if you dont make it here you havent made it. These are the standards, and the best rap music comes from here. You dont enter the conversation till you make it here.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

that may be true, but that may not always be the goal of making music.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:^^^ Alasky, who says i ain't dealing with it? i'm good. i like my rap style. i feel like it's almost in season.

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME OIL IN YOUR TAR SANDS?