mike nardone show to stop airing after 21 years...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

mike nardone show to stop airing after 21 years...

Post by intuition »

just read this on twitter. but apparently the "we came from beyond" show that's been on 88.9 KXLU for 21 years is going to be coming to an end in two weeks.

end of an era i suppose.

glad that i got to be up in that studio one time before it was all said and done, and that homie played a song off the buzz EP.

i know that a lot of you have the "we came from beyond" compilations on your hardrives somewhere, ackbarian revolution or not.

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

damn i aint even know it was still going on, i aint heard bout mike nardone in like 10 years haha

end of an era indeed

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

damn. i had that we came from beyond cd he relased a few moons ago. damn that sucks

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

:owens:

Damn, me and Dumb were just talking about going up there...He used to spin Thirsty Fish tunes as well...

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i got one of them comps, that sucks yo

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

thats fucked up
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

nardone is that dude.
end of an era indeed.
he was the first one out west to support my crew.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Very sad. "We Came From Beyond 2" is dope.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Very sad. "We Came From Beyond 2" is dope.
Volume 1 is dope too.
senorhaha wrote:damn i aint even know it was still going on, i aint heard bout mike nardone in like 10 years haha
We Came From Beyond meets it's demise, but Douchebaggalo lives?
Life isn't fair.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Very sad. "We Came From Beyond 2" is dope.
Volume 1 is dope too.
senorhaha wrote:damn i aint even know it was still going on, i aint heard bout mike nardone in like 10 years haha
We Came From Beyond meets it's demise, but Douchebaggalo lives?
Life isn't fair.

get aids queerbait

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

nardone is the homie.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i went to high school with a guy named mike nardone he was a big ginger kid. its not the same guy

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ALASKA wrote:i went to high school with a guy named mike nardone he was a big ginger kid. its not the same guy
:lol: :lol:
Nets 2022

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

... one of the good guys ... his show will be missed ... and always be remembered and kept alive at HipHopPhilosophy.com Radio, just like The Joint ... he was always good to us ...
Last edited by ACTHEPD on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

His show > your show.

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

Gloss,

Female bitches > male bitches like you

Real genuine, original first and second generation b-boys, don't compete, we recognize and respect ... only bitches like you are a bitch about something like this ...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ACTHEPD wrote:Gloss,

Real genuine, original first and second generation b-boys, don't compete, we recognize and respect ... only bitches like you are a bitch about something like this ...
Mike Nardone doesn't even know who you are. You're seriously a gigantic laughing stock in Los Angeles and the rest of So Cal. This is not a joke: Several people have said they think you suffer from a learning disability of some other form of mental imbalance. No one in LA even knows you, man.

LOLz.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Employee wrote:
ACTHEPD wrote:Gloss,

Mike Nardone doesn't even know who you are. You're seriously a gigantic laughing stock in Los Angeles and the rest of So Cal. This is not a joke: Several people have said they think you suffer from a learning disability of some other form of mental imbalance. No one in LA even knows you, man.

LOLz.
:rofl:

Clearly he has no mental imbalance.

ACTHEPD wrote:
sean wrote:
ACTHEPD wrote:Yo Sean, if you ever want to do a project worth listening to (for an OG), you can pay me a healthy sum of all your money and I will put together a selection of beats worthy of an artist with your poetical skills ... cuz you need help bro ... We can do a mixtape, I will put together some dope beats for it, and you can fatten my pockets for it ... or even better yet, I can A&R an official album for you ... You can pay me to put you together with real HipHop producers and you can record an album relevant to HipHop in 2009 ... of course you'd owe me credit (heaven forbid) for taking your career to the next level, and an even more healthy sum of $$$$$ ... but it's all out of the goodness of my heart and ability ... what do you say?
hmm.

interesting.
mostly because you are constantly talking about how you only come here and diss shade trees who disrespect you. but in the above quote, you are obviously dissing my producer ant, who has never dissed you.

humble yourself ac.
keep your insults aimed at me, no need to insult anyone else in my camp.
and on that note, i haven't said a single disrespectful thing to you in this whole 30 page thread.
in fact, i haven't aimed shit at you in a long time.

have a great day.
:cheers:
hmmm... interesting (way to avoid the topic) ...

I have constantly had to remind you (suckers ... if you wasn't a sucker, you wouldn't be on my thread playing the game along with the other suckers who love to play sooo hard against AC The PD) that I do not come here to "diss", be a troublemaker, and mostly, not to kiss ass and be friends with suckers who cannot respect an OG they never heard of till I came here because they want to put shade on me, so that nobody knows who I am, what I do ... because I, just being me, exposes the Johnny-come-lately e-age wannabe HipHop computer nerds they are (without trying) ... I have constantly reminded you that I come here to add balance to the lack of balance, to add balance to all of the suckers who dominate this board and find it such a comfortable environment to perpetrate and act like they are HipHop ... exactly like the ughh board ...

I never diss the producer, I diss the MC's ability to pick and use production ... maybe Ant has some respectable production potential, but I wouldn't know it from your inconsistent selection and use of production ... So, you could use a real natural born HipHop A&R person to help you fulfill your potential as a recording artist ... I can put you into the realm of HipHop production like your career could definitely benefit from ... I would do this for virtually nothing of you hadn't come here and played along with the rest of the human shade trees here, exposing yourself as one ... But now, if you want me to A&R and official album for you, I want at least $25,000 up front (which is an extremely generous offer considering your herbery here), and if you want me to A&R a mixtape for you to further promote and showcase your obviously tremendous spoken word skills to HipHop music, I would charge you at least $5,000 ... and, you damn well should tip me, because of the obvious benefits that working with real HipHop people can do for your career and reputation in HipHop ... not like I think you might ever take me up on the offer, but there's NO DOUBT that if you did, it would benefit you ten times more than it would me ... This is not between me and anybody who ever produced for you, this is between you and AC The PD, Slug ... I guarantee it would be your most quality release/project to date ... that's a money back guarantee ... sheeeit, you should pay me to produce your show sets too, so that when you want to rhyme over harder beats than your own, that you at least have something fresh and not so bitten ... biting recognizable classic beats is a CRIME against HipHop since like 1995 at least ... far from fresh ...

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

We Came From Beyond is the greatest hip hop show in LA history for sure and maybe ever, anywhere, seriously. 21 years, 2/3 hours a week of underground shit,. Mike Nardone broke classics. That motherfucker would have artists come to the show and he'd pull out dats they didn't even know existed.

For a minute listeners could mail in their tapes to his partner who would go thru them and bring in the three best ones and they would play that shit.

All that underground shit got played. I sat there every show with my hand on the pause button ready to catch the next shit.

He didn't discriminate at all. He played dope shit from all over. He's throw Blackalicious into UGK into YZ into Loony Tune into the Roots and it was always tight.

Cool character too. Real chill. Always gives props and shout outs to the callers and listeners. When he'd be out dope guests would come thru and hold it down.

The show bounced around back in the day. I remember it being on Saturdays, Sunday, Thursday, maybe even Tuesday..but it's sat in the Sunday 11pm slot for ever now.

It's a great show. Hopefully it's going off cuzz Mike N has bigger and better things out there and at the same time I hope it's replaced with a quality hip hop show cuzz KXLU needs it..

We Came From Beyond is the shit!

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

end of an era indeed

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

Sad to hear, but at least he's going out on his own terms. I had both volumes as well back when I used to by CDs on a regular basis. Dope compilations.