Eydea and Abilities- By the Throat

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

LoDeck wrote:Its all in the hair.
The mop top shit aint hiphop...
RAP, AT ITS' ESSENCE, IS A REBELLION AGAINST MOP TOPS!
If he had a nice fade or something it would be a deep, well-written
rap track. The hair makes it impossible to get into the joint.

Going strictly off the "Smile" video and the "Burn Fetish" clip.
I think Eyedea improved as a writer, I couldnt take any of that pseudo-smart work of his seriously before, but his delivery was always good.

Who cares.
I blame it on indie rock.

Hip hop and indie rock should stay far, far away from one another.

Fuck a fanbase.

More like a fagbase.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

This album scares me.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Remo the Great wrote:This album scares me.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

While it is plagued with innumerable problems, the cuts on this track are ILL as fuck. The same goes for Eyedea's second verse:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_XOa8eaTZuo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_XOa8eaTZuo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

A whole album of that shit would've been :ohsh: .

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

this album has " it's so cool to be indie" written all over it, just sayin.....

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:this album has " it's so cool to be indie" written all over it, just sayin.....
You're the last person on the face of the earth who gets to say that shit.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: / :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You embody the Overnight Human Thug Muffin. From threads about to where to keep the weed away from Ma Dukez to spitting rough verses in convience stores like you finished a three-day coke binge and you want a Snapple. You're like a combination of Cage, Kathy Lee-Gifford, Everlast's handicapped little brother and the universally weird, abnormally shaped cat that is constantly around when you're smoking weed with people.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

Employee wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:this album has " it's so cool to be indie" written all over it, just sayin.....

You embody the Overnight Human Thug Muffin. From threads about to where to keep the weed away from Ma Dukez to spitting rough verses in convience stores like you finished a three-day coke binge and you want a Snapple. You're like a combination of Cage, Kathy Lee-Gifford, Everlast's handicapped little brother and the universally weird, abnormally shaped cat that is constantly around when you're smoking weed with people.
yo where do you live in Cali? San Jose?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:
Employee wrote:

yo where do you live in Cali? San Jose?
Why? Do you want to have thug sex with my butt?

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

INTERNET THREATS!!!!! :spidey:

anyways, F this album.
I would be the happiest boy alive if Abilities dropped DJ records every year of him just scratching shit up, doing routines and live sets, what have you.

I would be forever grateful.

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:INTERNET THREATS!!!!! :spidey:

anyways, F this album.
I would be the happiest boy alive if Abilities dropped DJ records every year of him just scratching shit up, doing routines and live sets, what have you.

Dude needs to link with I Self Devine and drop another Semi.Official album...

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Money Daniels wrote:
GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:INTERNET THREATS!!!!! :spidey:

anyways, F this album.

Dude needs to link with I Self Devine and drop another Semi.Official album...
I've said the same thing for years. I Self Divine said in an interview it would never happen again, though.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I Self needs to release something...regardless it would be copped.

Didn't catch the Themselves/E&A show, but kind of regretting it...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvbJtklrFig&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvbJtklrFig&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Brougham33 wrote:I Self needs to release something...regardless it would be copped.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvbJtklrFig&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FvbJtklrFig&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
It sucks living and knowing attaining that level of technique will never be experienced.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

360 wrote:The new wave of white rappers who are crossing over is insane.

They are all disgruntled with what hiphop has become so they said fuck it and are embracing their whiteness and switching over to a demographic that is more likely to spend money on them.

Whatever. Everyone is kind of doing that a little bit. It seems that people have realized its time for rap to evolve but they are changing their style of dress and rapping about emo shit. I suppose it is because dudes are getting older or something. Eh
Isn't that the very definition of white privilege? lol.
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

You guys don't know that the transition isn't organic.

morbidly-o-beats

Post by morbidly-o-beats »

Brougham33 wrote:I Self needs to release something...regardless it would be copped.

i saw em in chicago and that was the dopest part of e&a's set when eyedea shut the fuck up. eyedea screams to much and acts like its a chore to rap his old songs.

Mestizo

Post by Mestizo »

That "Junk" songs banging.
Never was into the old shit, but I dig this Eyedea, sounds more like him than a rap personality.
http://twitter.com/MESTIZO125 www.myspace.com/mestizoid

"I'ma Pisces, but I'd rather be a killer whale..."

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

I own pretty much everything by this cat, but this new indierock/rap mashup shit he's doing is for the birds. Gotta admit that I'm a little shocked that a lot of y'all didn't like his earlier work and found it pretentious or whatever. He's writing on first born and oliver hart was exceptional... the production was a little wonky on those releases, but the writing was always well above average.

The chaotic jumble of guitars, synths, sitars, and whatever else they used to make the beats on his new release are a bit much tho

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Naysayer wrote:I own pretty much everything by this cat, but this new indierock/rap mashup shit he's doing is for the birds. Gotta admit that I'm a little shocked that a lot of y'all didn't like his earlier work and found it pretentious or whatever. He's writing on first born and oliver hart was exceptional... the production was a little wonky on those releases, but the writing was always well above average.

The chaotic jumble of guitars, synths, sitars, and whatever else they used to make the beats on his new release are a bit much tho
:owens:

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

all i know about abilities is he raped on fantastic damage.