So....the Slaughterhouse Album Leaked

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Royce is by far the worst lyricist in the group, imo. My god does he have some hideous lines.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Magneto wrote:Royce is by far the worst lyricist in the group, imo. My god does he have some hideous lines.
Yeah, it's weird how hit and miss he is. Some lines are great, but then he says a ton of really dumb shit.

A Crooked I/Joell Ortiz album would be ridiculous at this point.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Crooked I was dope all throughout, he really needs a solo album. Dumbass should've never signed with Death Row

Joell Ortiz isn't the greatest rapper, but he brings a lot of energy, and you can tell he puts 100% effort. And he tries to stay away from the corny lines, even though some slip in like "1,2,3,4,5,6,7 I rap like I never ate/8" Ugh.

Royce is a dope rapper, but he is a very bad lyricist. If he was lyrically on par with how he was rapping like he was in 1998-2000, he'd be the best rapper out. But he has too many god awful lines now.

Joe Budden isn't as good a RAPPER as the other three, but he's a much better lyricist. I would say more, but I'll leave him be for now, since that dude punched Tahiry in the face.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I agree Royce really slipped because years ago he was pretty dope but Budden isn't at his best on here either. He just doesn't gel with these cats. He becomes the :ugod: of many tracks on here. A doper U-God though.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

No, cause Budden lyrically is eons beyond them dudes. But he's not as good an overall rapper. Whereas U-God is unquestionable an awful lyricist, and overall rapper.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Magneto wrote:Crooked I was dope all throughout, he really needs a solo album. Dumbass should've never signed with Death Row

Joell Ortiz isn't the greatest rapper, but he brings a lot of energy, and you can tell he puts 100% effort. And he tries to stay away from the corny lines, even though some slip in like "1,2,3,4,5,6,7 I rap like I never ate/8" Ugh.

Royce is a dope rapper, but he is a very bad lyricist. If he was lyrically on par with how he was rapping like he was in 1998-2000, he'd be the best rapper out. But he has too many god awful lines now.

Joe Budden isn't as good a RAPPER as the other three, but he's a much better lyricist. I would say more, but I'll leave him be for now, since that dude punched Tahiry in the face.
The fuck??? Explain Erik Magnus Lensherr

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Magneto wrote:Crooked I was dope all throughout, he really needs a solo album. Dumbass should've never signed with Death Row

The fuck??? Explain Erik Magnus Lensherr
Last week while she was at work, she got into some argument/confrontation with some dude and he punched her in the face (She works as a bar tender in a Strip Club, unfortunately not as dancer :( ).

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Magneto wrote:
Royce is a dope rapper, but he is a very bad lyricist.
Royce on the intro of SoundOff though..... :ohsh:
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

hired gun wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Ehh...

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

And then Crooked I...

Really....everything I heard....he's the best out right now. Easy.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Magneto wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Ehh...
Really? Why?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

hired gun wrote:
Magneto wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Ehh...
Really? Why?
I'll listen to it again, I wasn't really that impressed with it lyrically. His delivery was great but none of the lyrics were jaw dropping (pause). I like that song a lot though. That rapid flow is very hit or miss, but they did good considering it isn't their style (Well, except for Crooked).

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Magneto wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Magneto wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Ehh...
Really? Why?
I'll listen to it again, I wasn't really that impressed with it lyrically. His delivery was great but none of the lyrics were jaw dropping (pause). I like that song a lot though. That rapid flow is very hit or miss, but they did good considering it isn't their style (Well, except for Crooked).
I feel you, probably not. The lines were all solid. The way I think sometimes is that lyrically the rhythm, flow and pattern that dictate how many words or syllables you can fit reasonably in a bar can enhance a line. Its how much sense can you condense into a tight space.

step one

Post by step one »

im still bumpin 'Wack MCs' si im sure i'll find 1 or 2 tracks on this set.

'this my response to that nigga hidin out in yonkers...'
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

just listened to this twice all the way through while at work...

Crooked I is a beast on every track...

I dig Royce's style, but he tries too hard to sound like the hardest member of the group.

Never cared for Joell Ortiz, but I dig some of his verses on here.

Can't stand Budden on most of these songs.

the beats are actually kinda ill...

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Remo the Great wrote:
Dap wrote:
thekeentwo wrote:curious to see what this sells
how will the blog hype translate?

INQURINGMINDZ
i say no higher than 10k
selling records is nice, but these dudes are gonna make more money touring than off sales.

They lookin for the t-shirt and venue money. You can be damn sure their price is gonna go up once that disc drops.
if a promoter pays 5k for the whole group he needs to be slapped...

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

Royce is my favorite in the group with Crooked being a close second, I have not heard this album yet so I'm going not going to say Royce is the strongest link but I have a hard time believing hes the worst.
Royce> Budden & Ortiz.

DLG

Post by DLG »

album is suprisingly good, I made it all the way through.

crooked definitely came off the nicest and buddden sounds better than he has in a long time.

ortiz is nice too, but on the first song when he does the double time shit his voice had me lolin. sounds like a leprechaun.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

Magneto wrote:U-God is unquestionable an awful lyricist, and overall rapper.
not to derail the thread too much, but :ugod: is an awful lyricist...but a good rapper.

:ropeswing:

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

On first listen this is one of hardest records to hit in a minute...

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

LISTENED TO IT ONCE, AND I WAS BRAILLEN THIS SHIT. I KNOW I'LL WILL THROW 15 ON THIS WHEN IT DROPS TO SHOW SOME SUPPORT.

NOT TO BE BIASED, BUT IT'S ABUNDANTLY CLEAR THAT THE LONG BEACH HOMIE CROOKED I IS THE DOPEST EMCEE IN THE GROUP. HE WAS BEFORE AND HE HAS BEEN DURIN THE GROUPS CREATION.

JOELL ORTIZ IS SICK. I'VE BEEN A FAN FO A GOOD WHILE. "THE BRICK - BODEGA CHRONICLES" FROM 2007 IS CRACK. HE'S DEFINITELY THE 2ND BEST.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT A LOT OF Y'ALL R COMPLAININ ABOUT ROYCE, BUT HE CAME OFF NICE ON SEVERAL SONGS. HE'S THE 3RD BEST IN THE CREW.

JUMPOFF JOEY IS WASTE MANAGEMENT TO ME. HE COMES OFF REAL PEDESTRIAN. THE U-GOD COMPARISON IS PLAYED, BUT IT'S TRUE. HE CAN PUT A VERSE TOGETHA, BUT IT IS NOT AS NICE AS THE OTHAS. NEXT TO CROOKED, BUDDENS HIS COME OFF MEDIOCRE.

Deviant283

Post by Deviant283 »

album is dope.

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

Big Breeze wrote:LISTENED TO IT ONCE, AND I WAS BRAILLEN THIS SHIT. I KNOW I'LL WILL THROW 15 ON THIS WHEN IT DROPS TO SHOW SOME SUPPORT.

NOT TO BE BIASED, BUT IT'S ABUNDANTLY CLEAR THAT THE LONG BEACH HOMIE CROOKED I IS THE DOPEST EMCEE IN THE GROUP. HE WAS BEFORE AND HE HAS BEEN DURIN THE GROUPS CREATION.

JOELL ORTIZ IS SICK. I'VE BEEN A FAN FO A GOOD WHILE. "THE BRICK - BODEGA CHRONICLES" FROM 2007 IS CRACK. HE'S DEFINITELY THE 2ND BEST.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT A LOT OF Y'ALL R COMPLAININ ABOUT ROYCE, BUT HE CAME OFF NICE ON SEVERAL SONGS. HE'S THE 3RD BEST IN THE CREW.

JUMPOFF JOEY IS WASTE MANAGEMENT TO ME. HE COMES OFF REAL PEDESTRIAN. THE U-GOD COMPARISON IS PLAYED, BUT IT'S TRUE. HE CAN PUT A VERSE TOGETHA, BUT IT IS NOT AS NICE AS THE OTHAS. NEXT TO CROOKED, BUDDENS HIS COME OFF MEDIOCRE.
OH YOU DON'T SAY

THE BRICK CITY HOMIE CAME OFF LIKE GREG NICE ON A PRIMO TRACK FOR THE WHOLE ALBUM AND JUMPOFF JOELLLL-EL SOUNDS LIKE A MASCULINE BALLERINA RECITING HIS FIRST NURSERY RHYME ON MOST TRACKS, HE'S ALSO VERY STUPID LOOKING IN THE FACE. THE COMPARISON IS PLAYED, BUT IT'S TRUE.

DID I MENTION I AM WESTSIDE/EASTSIDE REPUTABLE?

SORRY.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Magneto wrote:Royce is by far the worst lyricist in the group, imo. My god does he have some hideous lines.
Royce is like that brother back from prison who seems like he got his sh!t took inside. Something doesn't sit right about alot of his content.

I agree w/ whoever said Joell and Crooked I would be better off w/o the other2.
Microphone is good, piano/ashley's roach/rakim, but the bass is meh.
There's really not any dominant cuts, just alot of 6.5/10 to 7.5/10.
Streetrunner's getting better, and emile's getting worse.
I was anticipating this. Big let down.
Nothing on this album touches onslaught1 or the beat on woodstock.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

someone divshare/youtube best track on album plz

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Its clear the thoroughbred is Crooked I. Joell and Royce trade to me. Joe I could take or leave. The album slowed down after the first six tracks, but just by the fact they are just bodying people, there hasn't been anything like this in a long time. Its almost a record from a different era. The four of them are doing consistently what no one does anymore. Spit. Hard. No fluff, no swag, just bars. Unrelenting.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

^^^^

That is still all first reaction from me, I have to sit through the record a few more times. Right now though, I dont have anything like this in my player, and its honestly what I've wanted in it for a little bit. Just a record of just crazy lines....

Crooked lives in the zone.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

LOLz @ Crooked I outshining everyone else on the album.

Crooked I > Joell > Royce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Budden

Budden sounds like someone's cousin here.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

after one listen this is surprisingly good

don't know what yall are talking about, I think Royce killed this shit

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Joell really killed it the most on this to me. I've heard the least of his stuff out of all 4 but he surprised me a whole lot; dope verses. I'd say next.....Crooked. I'm with hired gun on his performance......he stays in the zone. Royce did his thing on it; his delivery stays on point. Buddens didn't kill it like I thought he would on the album; his verse on "Cuckoo" was real ill though.

Overall, those snippets from Amazon don't do the album justice. Its a good album.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner