Unpopular Rap Opinions

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

pradadon wrote:"Life We Chose" off Nastradamus is a top 10 Nas track.
you need to shut up - again

not only did you fail to catch my blatant sarcastic reply re:your ATCQ post, but there is no track on 'Nastradamus' that even qualifies as top 10,000, let alone top 10...go to your kitchen and cook up your husband a nice beef stew. and don't save any for me.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

When did this thread become "Popular Rap Opinions?"
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Thread took a turn for the faggadocious...

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

To add to the "The Other Day" by PW & CM being an amazing track I'll second that and say that 'Get Ya Mind Correct' is a top 20 album of all time.

Req

Post by Req »

vaporized wrote:
pradadon wrote:"Life We Chose" off Nastradamus is a top 10 Nas track.
you need to shut up - again

not only did you fail to catch my blatant sarcastic reply re:your ATCQ post, but there is no track on 'Nastradamus' that even qualifies as top 10,000, let alone top 10...go to your kitchen and cook up your husband a nice beef stew. and don't save any for me.
I dont know about top 10, but "Life We Chose" and "Project Windows" are some of Nas' best work.
F.U. MOOLAH

EarForGoodMusic

Post by EarForGoodMusic »

Ugodzilla verses are really good.

DLG

Post by DLG »

EarForGoodMusic wrote:Ugodzilla verses are really good.
how did this guy's nickname pass gloss' screening process?

ANU

Post by ANU »

the bay area has the best producers.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

ANU wrote:the bay area has the best producers.
Bay producers get slept on. There is a lot of cats out there that are really dope.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Random Sample wrote:
Bay producers get slept on. There is a lot of cats out there that are really dope.
everyone who did beats on west coast vaccine >>>>>>> primo in the 2000s

ANU

Post by ANU »

khayree, ant banks, shock-g, studio ton, mike mosley, k-lou, al eaton, shorty b, EA-Ski, bosko, tone capone, sean t, dj daryl, jt the bigga figga, black jack, T
.C., cellski,.... and i'm not talking about "modern producers" like rick rock, droop-e, traxamillion or rob lo.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:"The term's appearance in hip-hop coincided with the rise of the so-called "down-low brother," a closeted black figure often demonized as a disease-spreading boogeyman, invisible by definition and thus potentially, frightfully, everywhere. Saying "no homo" might have started as a way for rappers to acknowledge and distance themselves from the down-low phenomenon. As the phrase has spread, many have decried no homo as depressingly retrograde, a pigheaded "That's what she said" for homophobes. But the term functions in a more complicated way than a simple slur. As society becomes increasingly gay-tolerant, hip-hop is reassessing its relationship to homosexuality and, albeit in a hedged and roundabout way, it's possible that no homo is helping to make hip-hop a gayer place (no homo)."
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

DLG wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
everyone who did beats on west coast vaccine >>>>>>> primo in the 2000s
:bow:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

ANU wrote:khayree, ant banks, shock-g, studio ton, mike mosley, k-lou, al eaton, shorty b, EA-Ski, bosko, tone capone, sean t, dj daryl, jt the bigga figga, black jack, T
.C., cellski,.... and i'm not talking about "modern producers" like rick rock, droop-e, traxamillion or rob lo.
Domino too

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

going back on topic.

I am sure many people agree with me, but it is still an "unpopular" thing to admit:

Rakim should not be on anyone's top 5 MC's.

sure he kicked nice rhymes 15 years ago, but since then, too many have kicked nicer verses and put out more of them, and continue to do so. He had good ryhmes, plus good timing and the latter is what is keeping him in top 5's

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

cenzi wrote:going back on topic.

I am sure many people agree with me, but it is still an "unpopular" thing to admit:

sure he kicked nice rhymes 15 years ago, but since then, too many have kicked nicer verses and put out more of them, and continue to do so. He had good ryhmes, plus good timing and the latter is what is keeping him in top 5's
Where are these "many" people that agree with you? Also, how much of Rakim's catalog have you actually listened to?

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Crooked S wrote:

Where are these "many" people that agree with you? Also, how much of Rakim's catalog have you actually listened to?
I listen to it all, waiting for that moment again, that moment when you hear something and say "whoah now, THAT was the shit."

I said "many", because I have read this same opinion a few times on many other forums, sites, etc. But it is interesting how saying "RAkim is the GOAT" goes hand in hand with thanking God first on album liner notes.

I am sure that Rakim was once upon a time :bow: , but that was then. Ten years later, I think he has been bumped down by quite a few MC's. Bumped down 5 places? Maybe, 20, doubt it.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Melle Mel posts here?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

cenzi wrote:
Crooked S wrote:

I listen to it all, waiting for that moment again, that moment when you hear something and say "whoah now, THAT was the shit."

I said "many", because I have read this same opinion a few times on many other forums, sites, etc. But it is interesting how saying "RAkim is the GOAT" goes hand in hand with thanking God first on album liner notes.

I am sure that Rakim was once upon a time :bow: , but that was then. Ten years later, I think he has been bumped down by quite a few MC's. Bumped down 5 places? Maybe, 20, doubt it.
There aren't many rappers today that could write "Follow The Leader," "In The Ghetto," "Lyrics of Fury" or "Know The Ledge" TODAY, let alone decades ago. Are you sure you listened to his catalog and not just Paid In Full?

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

bottle thread as a reminder to never let anything like this happen again

Thun

Post by Thun »

Cenzi is not from the United States, fyi.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Thun wrote:Cenzi is not from the United States, fyi.
this may be the only fact written in 9 pages of retarded opinions.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

haha, it's an unpopular opinion, that's all. Isn't that the name of the thread?

and yeah, I am not the only one.

(I am from Canada - USA - Chile, all those in different times.)

Here I have yet another blasphemous unpopular opinion for hardcore hiphop fans. M.O.P. > EPMD

I jacked that comparison from my homies at Unkut. We had a heated discussion over it, and there was nothing to change my mind.

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

allhiphop.com debates and questions asked on Yahoo Answer=FACT

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

Bout to put this shit back on topic and hit ya'll with some real unpopular opinions on this hip hop shit:

- "Bacdafucup" by Onyx has no cursing

- EPMD has five members (two are clones, another is Erick Sermon's brother Derrick)

- DJ Hurricane was the first rapper

- J-Live is a pseudonym of MC Shan

- De La Soul bit their style from No Face

- The first hip hop album pressed on CD was Slaughterhouse's debut

- Tone Loc and Large Professor are the same person

- "T.R.O.Y." is the best song of all time that samples a mandolin

- Rap is only slightly out of control

Thun

Post by Thun »

cenzi wrote:haha, it's an unpopular opinion, that's all. Isn't that the name of the thread?

Here I have yet another blasphemous unpopular opinion for hardcore hiphop fans. M.O.P. > EPMD

I jacked that comparison from my homies at Unkut. We had a heated discussion over it, and there was nothing to change my mind.
Yeah but the fact remains that you're a faggot. And no amount of debating will ever change that.

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

cenzi wrote:I am from Canada
You're forgiven.

ThaGiantOvHipHop

Post by ThaGiantOvHipHop »

cenzi wrote:haha, it's an unpopular opinion, that's all. Isn't that the name of the thread?

:ghey: :ghey: :ghey:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Pete Rock and CL Smooth are better off solo. :megaman:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Thun

Post by Thun »

ardamus wrote:Pete Rock and CL Smooth are better off solo. :megaman:

How you figure? They are both at their respective all-time lows.