2 new Brother Ali tracks (Steady B exclusive)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

2 new Brother Ali tracks (Steady B exclusive)

Post by Philaflava »

One of the most anticipated albums of this year is about to drop 9/22/2009. You can pre-order it right now at Fifth Element. International orders will ship on 9/14/2009. US orders (excluding MN orders) will ship on 9/17/2009. MN orders will ship on 9/18/2009. Plus it's only $11.99.

Now to hold you over here are two Steady Bloggin' exclusives. I've yet to see these pop up anywhere, but I could be wrong. Either way, here are two joints off the album to give you a little taste. Steady Bloggin' dropping exclusives or what we like to think our exclusives. Enjoy the weekend! --Philaflava
http://steadyb.blogspot.com/2009/08/bro ... usive.html

MP3s:
Breakin' Dawn
Fresh Air
Last edited by Philaflava on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

the video track was enough for a pre-order

jukeboxvandal

Post by jukeboxvandal »

courtesy post for gloss..

i wonder if you ate brother ali's body parts :pause: it would make you a better rapper...

:killacam:

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

Can't wait for this shit...instant cop status

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Word? 3 posts in this thread?

Only really got to listen to snippets, but I love the direction of the production. Actually pretty much got a full listen in on "Fresh Air"... sick.

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

Fresh air is a great song. I dunno about, Breakin' Dawn. It might be the beat that turned me off. I

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

but I hate to be the one to tell you that that fresh air track is pretty much every where on the internet gloss, Even rhymesayers are promoting it.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

CasOne wrote:but I hate to be the one to tell you that that fresh air track is pretty much every where on the internet gloss, Even rhymesayers are promoting it.
Breakin Dawn is not.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

cool tracks, liked fresh air a bit more than the other, but liked "us" more than either of them. this will be the first time i've preordered an album in years.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

perabigail wrote:liked "us" more than either of them.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

Sankofa wrote:the video track was enough for a pre-order
word....

Brother Ali is what Hip-Hop needs man...one of the very few artists out there that speaks from a real place in his mind and heart as well as touches on topics that Americans need to be concerned with....

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

CasOne wrote:Fresh air is a great song. I dunno about, Breakin' Dawn. It might be the beat that turned me off. I
word. Breakin' Dawn might fit into an album nicely....change of pace kind of thing....but I'm not too crazy about it after a couple listens.

Regardless, I like what I hear so far. Ali is always auto cop for me...

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

i keep forgetting to grab these tracks when im at home.

hopefully thisll put a tab in my to-do list tonight.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Dude is talented, but these songs are boring as fuck. And that video leads me to believe this is going to be a really happy, balanced-seratonin influenced album.

I prefer this Ali over the current incarantion:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6bsRdRwMBc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6bsRdRwMBc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

That Flying Lotus mix you posted is dope.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Breakin is dope, the other one is happy. A little too happy maybe, but not horrible.

internetfront

Post by internetfront »

Employee wrote:Dude is talented, but these songs are boring as fuck. And that video leads me to believe this is going to be a really happy, balanced-seratonin influenced album.

I prefer this Ali over the current incarantion:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6bsRdRwMBc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6bsRdRwMBc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Word, i wore the fuck out of that Rites tape until they finally put it on CD. Definitely a more aggressive sound even though there's no swearing on that whole tape if i remember correctly. :killacam:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Do yall think Rites is better than his work after, or are we just talking about "Whatever" in particular?

Side note: Bitchslap!, Lookin At Me Sideways & Listen Up I think all have that raw "Whatever" vibe to them...I suspect there will be some of that on the new record too.

pukaface

Post by pukaface »

The Afronaut wrote:Do yall think Rites is better than his work after, or are we just talking about "Whatever" in particular?

Side note: Bitchslap!, Lookin At Me Sideways & Listen Up I think all have that raw "Whatever" vibe to them...I suspect there will be some of that on the new record too.
What makes you think that? Ant seems to be opting for happy-go-lucky instrumentals and Ali hasn't gone "Dorian" for a good second...

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

pukaface wrote:What makes you think that? Ant seems to be opting for happy-go-lucky instrumentals and Ali hasn't gone "Dorian" for a good second...
You have a point, but I would just be surprised if there wasnt at least one "Whatcha Got" caliber joint on the whole record.

"Dorian" is a completely different category to me though.

pukaface

Post by pukaface »

I wouldn't be surprised either, Ali doesn't have to exert very much effort to make a "Whatcha Got" type record.