STRONG ARM STEADY & MADLIB

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ACTHEPD
Location: HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio ... HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com

Post by ACTHEPD »

WTF? I am as active a Dj that there is in LA since 98 and I know almost every artist who's records I play, especially LA artists ... I am THEIR friend, of course jumb smokers ... duuu errrr...
myspace.com/theprogramdirector
HipHopPhilosophy.com
HipHopPhilosophy.blogspot.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ACTHEPD wrote:WTF? I am as active a Dj that there is in LA since 98 and I know almost every artist who's records I play, especially LA artists ... I am THEIR friend, of course jumb smokers ... duuu errrr...
You're the world's most persistent anal wart. I hope Percee P disowns you before this decade is over. One day Splifkin is going to turn his back on you and run away with a box of Twinkies that was autographed by Lord Finesse. You are the faggot of all faggots to ever fag.

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

suckers all hate me the same ... you aint no special sucker ... like the rest ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com
Martin wrote:i gotta be honest. acthepd is by far the biggest self aggrandizing faggot (outside of mindbender) on this website but he does have damn good taste and mixing skills
SCARLENE wrote:THAT LOCATION SUCKS...ONLY REASON I NOTICED YOUR STORE WAS I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC THERE, & OH MY GOD ACS STORE IS RIGHT THERE

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Strong Arm Steady- Money Right ft. Defari (Prod. Madlib)

Code: Select all

http://limelinx.com/files/145049dd78b165aad1c91de66083bfc1
http://theurbankerouac.blogspot.com/200 ... efari.html

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ACTHEPD wrote:... if Madlib ever stops biting Dilla's style and gets back to fresh percussion styles again...
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

... sucks how he been biting Dilla's WACK almost persussion-less pop style for several years now, when he was one of my favorite LA producers till then ... now I like maybe one or two songs on a whole Madlib produced album ... buzz kill ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ACTHEPD wrote:... sucks how he been biting Dilla's WACK almost persussion-less pop style for several years now, when he was one of my favorite LA producers till then ... now I like maybe one or two songs on a whole Madlib produced album ... buzz kill ...
yeah, you can really hear that biting on the Jaylib album :roll:

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

:lol::lol::lol:

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

ardamus wrote:
ACTHEPD wrote:... sucks how he been biting Dilla's WACK almost persussion-less pop style for several years now, when he was one of my favorite LA producers till then ... now I like maybe one or two songs on a whole Madlib produced album ... buzz kill ...

Damn right I can ... major disappointment ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ACTHEPD wrote:
ardamus wrote:

Damn right I can ... major disappointment ...
Did you tell him that when he remixed your fav. rapper, Percee P's album? Matter of fact, did you tell Percee P himself?

:retard:

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

yes i did ... Percee is not an egotistic self-absorbed artist ... he knows where I come from and takes it with respect ... not like you fuckin suckers who think part of being a fan and friend is yesman dickriding ... like Jaz and his EPMD fanship ... part of being a good fan and friend is being honest, especially when it comes to constructive criticism ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Stop gaying up our internet experience, you washed up, brain-damaged, grandiosely delusional, scrub elitist DOUCHE NOZZLE OF A HUMAN BEING. Get back in your thread.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

I already hate myself for taking the bait, but I have to know....
ACTHEPD wrote:yes i did ... Percee is not an egotistic self-absorbed artist ... he knows where I come from and takes it with respect ... not like you fuckin suckers who think part of being a fan and friend is yesman dickriding ... like Jaz and his EPMD fanship ... part of being a good fan and friend is being honest, especially when it comes to constructive criticism ...
what in the fuck is wrong with EPMD, you customer?!

also much thanks to Jaz for the link.

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

What is wrong with EPMD ... ? They fell the fuck off and haven't made a quality LP together since their fourth ... and Jaz jocked their new album as if it was good enough to be celebrated ... when it was wack like every KRS album since I Got Next ... then he had the faggot nerve to diss me for not being a dick riding yesman like he is ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ACTHEPD wrote:yes i did ... Percee is not an egotistic self-absorbed artist ... he knows where I come from and takes it with respect ... not like you fuckin suckers who think part of being a fan and friend is yesman dickriding ... like Jaz and his EPMD fanship ... part of being a good fan and friend is being honest, especially when it comes to constructive criticism ...

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

:lol: :lol: well played ardamus

starks

Post by starks »

i like one of the rappers a lot. think he's phil da agony
the joint posted above has an ill beat...

he's the second guy to spit... not sounding very good on this one but still
think i may have check that eco-album as much as i don't want to.

binary

Post by binary »

That beat is tight as fuck, 'lib should not be wasting shit like this on these cats.

Small Pro

Post by Small Pro »

ACTHEPD wrote:... if Madlib ever stops biting Dilla's style and gets back to fresh percussion styles again ...
lol what are you talkin about...

ACTHEPD

Post by ACTHEPD »

What am I talking about ... I pretty much broke it down ...

... sucks how he been biting Dilla's WACK almost persussion-less pop style for several years now, when he was one of my favorite LA producers till then ... now I like maybe one or two songs on a whole Madlib produced album ... buzz kill ... Dilla is legendary for making a lot of shit that was fresh (obviously great yet unfamiliar), but not for that pop boom-clap patty-cake drum style that he recycled for dumb people who can't keep up with fresh brand new funk that is waaaay ahead of 'the times' ... Madlibs been biting Dilla's pop style for several years now and his beats have been mostly weak because of this ... if he doesn't bite Dilla's style, he's usually legendary himself ... acting like this is hate or negative, or anything like that, is absurd ... this is as real as it gets ... i.e. I am one of MANY people who feel this way ...
HipHopPhilosophy.com

lewislloyd

Post by lewislloyd »

That song is terrible and I like some of krondon and phil da agony's early stuff. krondon these days sounds like he wants to be from down south. Phil da agony always has some good shit to say. Always love defari.

I agree madlib needs to get off the dilla stuff already and move on with his career. This might be a stones throw choice of beat. it seems stones throw is on that keep the memory of dilla shit for years now. To me stones got madlib in a straight jacket and wont let him loose. madlib has different beats than the dilla imitation shit but they are not seeing the day of light for some reason and I bleive its stones throw holding dude back

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ACTHEPD wrote:What am I talking about ... I pretty much broke it down ...

... sucks how he been biting Dilla's WACK almost persussion-less pop style for several years now, when he was one of my favorite LA producers till then ... now I like maybe one or two songs on a whole Madlib produced album ... buzz kill ... Dilla is legendary for making a lot of shit that was fresh (obviously great yet unfamiliar), but not for that pop boom-clap patty-cake drum style that he recycled for dumb people who can't keep up with fresh brand new funk that is waaaay ahead of 'the times' ... Madlibs been biting Dilla's pop style for several years now and his beats have been mostly weak because of this ... if he doesn't bite Dilla's style, he's usually legendary himself ... acting like this is hate or negative, or anything like that, is absurd ... this is as real as it gets ... i.e. I am one of MANY people who feel this way ...

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

lewislloyd wrote:That song is terrible and I like some of krondon and phil da agony's early stuff. krondon these days sounds like he wants to be from down south. Phil da agony always has some good shit to say. Always love defari.

I agree madlib needs to get off the dilla stuff already and move on with his career. This might be a stones throw choice of beat. it seems stones throw is on that keep the memory of dilla shit for years now. To me stones got madlib in a straight jacket and wont let him loose. madlib has different beats than the dilla imitation shit but they are not seeing the day of light for some reason and I bleive its stones throw holding dude back

:grap: :grap: :grap:

chillhood

Post by chillhood »

lotz of lolz up in here
http://wardolphin.blogspot.com/
come here and press [>
http://lifeasashortyshouldntbesorough.blogspot.com/
http://last.fm/user/chillhood

experience scientifical m(ethod) a(llowing) d(emential) ne(cessities) s(poiling) s(ouls)

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ACTHEPD wrote:What am I talking about ... I pretty much broke it down ...

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

lol how the fuck they only got two members in the group?
they need chase infinite, planet asia, defari, or some of these other cats to pick up the slack...where'd xzibit go, really?
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

max prime

Post by max prime »

maybe they should just do a phil da agony album. he's carrying the group

Verge

Post by Verge »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:chase infinite
This guy was great. :pause:
Did Self Scientific ever really do anything as good as their first singles,
album(half real dope), and Evergreen?
I mean the stuff I've heard in recent years has been lackluster.
I want the "My Uzi weighs 66 sextillion tons" Self Scientific back. :owens:

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

Strong Arm Steady feat. Phonte "Best of Times"
http://www.stonesthrow.com/jukebox/stro ... ftimes.mp3

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

some great production on the album

mcs are not that great