Employee or people who care about Madchild's drug habits...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Employee or people who care about Madchild's drug habits...

Post by Philaflava »

As the Swollen Members wrapped up the recording of the fourth full-length studio LP, Black Magic, in late 2006 the group celebrated a Billboard Top 20 Independent release, a Juno Award (their 4th) and a very successful tour run with Ghostface and Black Eyed Peas. Yet, before they could continue that wave of success with another follow-up LP, the group was hit with the news that their distributor (TVT) was ceasing operations and that their management was about to drop them due to Madchild's "nefarious associations" with the Hells Angels.

It was about this time that the most serious turn of events unfolded for the group as well, as member Madchild was in full-crisis mode and succumbing to a serious and life threatening addiction to prescription painkillers (Percocet, Oxycontin).

While Madchild has now been clean for two months, we will be releasing a three-part VLOG series that chronicles Madchild's spiral into addiction, rehab, relapse and recovery--as he details all of the aspects of addiction and the toil it took on him, his family, his friends and his group.

VLOG edition #1 details Madchild's ascent into addiction and the copious amount of pills he was at one time taking on a daily basis.

DL Link: http://www.zshare.net/video/653210236771aad9/

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

speaking of documented drug addictions, WTF happend to that "one more hit" doc about jswift from the pharcyde? i been waiting on that shit for fucking YEEAAARS now, just googled it, funny that the first thing that pops up when typing in one more hit is j swift, but i still cant find a fucking release date, i am now sad

Seen?

Post by Seen? »

^^^Word, Ive been waiting that for AWHILE...just thought it was never coming out. Would love to see that, though. Pharcyde most definitely one of our most internally fucked up hip hop groups, and J-Swift interesting as a Motherfucker. Hope it sees the light of day. Pharcyde Doc would be crazy also. Spike Jonez should bust that out.

Also for the record popping as many 80 mg OC's as he said he did is physically immpossible bullshit...but they are hard as fuck to kick and can fuck you up BAD (even just snorting) anywhere starting @100-200mg's a day. I can see him popping 5 a day at the most with a tolerance.

But personally I don't care about dude...just posted because I was reminded of the J-Swift DOC. Any Info?

Smitty

Re: Employee or people who care about Madchild's drug habits

Post by Smitty »

Philaflava wrote:
the toil it took on him

ascent into addiction
Guess when you blow millions on drugs and ice cream you fire your proofreader.

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

it wouldnt be so funny to me if i had'nt bumped into the dude in texas and first thing out of his mouth is "do you have any painkillers?"

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

The claim Madchild made was twenty, 80mg Oxies per day, correct?

Odium/other assorted opiate experts - Is this even in the realm of possibility for someone with otherworldly tolerance?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I'd also like to state unequivocally, depsite his Canadian heritage and musical crimes, that is an awesome habit and money-waster. Truly one for the annals (:nofancy:).

Seen?

Post by Seen? »

Employee wrote:The claim Madchild made was twenty, 80mg Oxies per day, correct?

Odium/other assorted opiate experts - Is this even in the realm of possibility for someone with otherworldly tolerance?
No not 20 80's not even close...even with a ridic tolerance, 20 80's is an insane and false amount taking 10 is 800 mg (obviously) even the most experianced users would be nodding out uncontrollably and drooling on themselves. Did he ever specify whether he was snorting or booting the shit, though? I've was into oc for about 2 years and when I got out of 9 mos. county and into work release. Some of the people that I knew from there and otherwise had tolerance thru the roof and if they did five they would be useless vegetables all day...nodding off, can't keep eyes open even though you just woke up. That just can't be true. He's full of shit.
I'm sure dude could get himself into some major trouble with his paper and not really having to work.
I stopped OC after a few wicked WD's...like hell on earth...any of the other opiate heads on here know what I'm talking about. That shit is weak as fuck, hurts like hell and feels like the devil is after you. Haven't fucked w that shit in about a year and a half.
Someone prove me wrong...I'd actually like to see if this was really possible 20 80 OC's a DAY seems COMpletely unfeasible.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

impossible that he was even taking more than 6 a day

oh you haven't lived until your ass is throwing up during oxy withdrawal

Seen?

Post by Seen? »

jimmy legs...kick kick kick.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wpDUZqSVqhI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wpDUZqSVqhI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

kinda spooky off the pooky

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

"mentally I'm complicated like a rubix cube"

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Swollen Members. What a shit group they were.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

I used to think this group was awesome. Then I turned 18.

dubs

Post by dubs »

Employee wrote:The claim Madchild made was twenty, 80mg Oxies per day, correct?

yea im gonna chime in and call bullshit.

at a lowest point of my life, i was heavily addicted to oxy's. 80mg might make an inexperienced person OD. but at my worst, 80mg would barely keep me from getting withdrawal. i needed 2 80s a day just to function. but if i did 5 in a day, i would be nodding uncontrollably. i was only able to even afford the habit because i got ridiculous deals, and charged everyone 40-45 a pill.

I dont think Rush Limbaugh could do 20 80s a day.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

depends if you injest them orally or smoke/snort the shit, i've seen people do up to 5 80's at a time when they're just popping em like tylenol, even crazy fiends I know wouldn't snort more than 5 80's in a day.

"Madchild flips like kids on acid trips."
UBM CD COMING SOON

jukeboxvandal

Post by jukeboxvandal »

that new jam sucks but i liked some of the shit he was doing last year when he first came back..
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpbO7aCBUnY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpbO7aCBUnY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

also whats up w/ the eyeliner?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S6EC0eSvzkw?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S6EC0eSvzkw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

um, I don't know what y'all are talking about with the more than 5 80's a day... I had a friend who smoked at least a dozen a day and there were days where I railed 6 to 8 80's a day and I probably would have done more if i'd had the cash for them. if he's smoking them and he got his tolerance up like that, yeah, it's possible.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Madchild got boo'd off stage at some recent freestyle thing for reading off his phone (3:55 mark)
then completely edited out of the official version lol :copy:

KhillA

Re:

Post by KhillA »

odium-LSC wrote:um, I don't know what y'all are talking about with the more than 5 80's a day... I had a friend who smoked at least a dozen a day and there were days where I railed 6 to 8 80's a day and I probably would have done more if i'd had the cash for them. if he's smoking them and he got his tolerance up like that, yeah, it's possible.
I'm going to agree with odium here. Shooting 5 a day is pretty average (we are talking a 24 hour period). I could easily shoot two every 3-4 hours. If you are taking them orally (what a fucking waste, imo) then you could get near that amount, say 15 or more a day. Add the junkie exaggeration factor and you're at 20. But I'd figure that a junkie would move on to heroin way before he got to say 10 a day....

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

https://www.facebook.com/Madchild.Offic ... 006405391/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Madchild challenging Snak to KOTD

:ohcanada: is loving this beef already. judging from my facebook feed most feel madchild is punking himself by not responding on wax

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Post by 907 »

I didn't know that Madchild still mattered enough in 2015 for people to want to diss him, but he got fucking bodied by dudes.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »