"Toronto is the Hip Hop capital of the world"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Stepfather

"Toronto is the Hip Hop capital of the world"

Post by Stepfather »

I thought that was sorta cool, 9th rolled thru with Reflection Eternal (boring as fuuuuck) for our annual Manifesto festival, full of rappers, writers, B-Boys and DJ's...shit was cool this year.

Thought it was sort of good that 9th Wonder would say that...

"Toronto is the Hip Hop capital of the world" - 9th Wonder

I always thought New York or Japan would be, will always be New York in my mind though.
:lol:
The Jizzer!!!

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Is it true y'all pay to boo mc's/performers and get mad when shit doesn't go right at the venue?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

blessingindisguise wrote:Is it true y'all pay to boo mc's/performers and get mad when shit doesn't go right at the venue?
ah, don't fall for this shit. homie started this thread because i called him out on posting up his music when he tried to knock the PF compilation. i brought up a comment he made about posting his own music in another thread. he didn't do it. so now he wants to distract from it by starting a thread about Toronto hip hop. :lol: gotta love these new posters.......
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Understood

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

I dont know about paying someone just to "booo" them...but if EPMD walks up on stage at 2:30am after last call just cause they want to...then DJ Scratch is gonna catch a bottle to the head if he's the first one out...

oh wait that already happened.

Yeah it gets rowdy up here but i've been to more successful shows then the later.
The Jizzer!!!

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

ardamus wrote:
blessingindisguise wrote:Is it true y'all pay to boo mc's/performers and get mad when shit doesn't go right at the venue?
ah, don't fall for this shit. homie started this thread because i called him out on posting up his music when he tried to knock the PF compilation. i brought up a comment he made about posting his own music in another thread. he didn't do it. so now he wants to distract from it by starting a thread about Toronto hip hop. :lol: gotta love these new posters.......
but i've never posted my own music on here...ok then...

this has nothing to do with you...it's more for those that constantly shit on Canada and/or Toronto

how do you feel about that?

:ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada: :ohcanada:
The Jizzer!!!

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Did he also say that you guys were the hypest crowd, way hyper than *insert neighboring/rival area that they recently played at* and that the women in *city currently performing in* were amazing?

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

waddya mean like "Hey Toronto...we were just in(insert city name here) and they said you SUUUUUCKKKK"!!!

(insert city name here): BOOOOOO!!

No he blogged about it and/or twiited or facebooked.

I dunno click the link try hard.

Kisses.
The Jizzer!!!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: "Toronto is the Hip Hop capital of the world"

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Stepfather wrote:I thought that was sorta cool, 9th rolled thru with Reflection Eternal (boring as fuuuuck) for our annual Manifesto festival, full of rappers, writers, B-Boys and DJ's...shit was cool this year.

Thought it was sort of good that 9th Wonder would say that...

I always thought New York or Japan would be, will always be New York in my mind though.
:lol:
where did 9th say that? my homie DJ Wristpect says he has the audio clip of it... i was with 9th Wonder last night at one of the craziest parties I've ever been to in my life, and we were talking... I said "I know you been here before" (I seen Toronto go crazy for Little Brother a few times when they were together) "so this isn't that surprising to you, but what's it like in your hometown?"

he just stopped and looked at me and said "my hometown is NOTHING LIKE THIS" in a 'there's no way in the world we could get away with playing or doing any of this in my hood, shit would get shut down or shot up'

yeah, I was interviewing Supernatural backstage when I heard everything go quiet, and came back up front stage to see Erick and Parrish PISSED THE FUCK OFF AT EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD, and DJ Scratch packing up his beer-soaked laptop and saying "fuck y'all! i'm out!!"

it ain't perfect here, but we are sitting on a gold mine.

you want to know how good this city is?

this weekend, there were TOO MANY EVENTS, like usual.

Saturday in Toronto:
-Chuck D doing live performances with some DJs for the TIFF festival as they were playing a James Brown documentary in Dundas Square
-the Amnesia party featuring Nice n Smooth, Das Efx, Bell Biv Devoe and two other groups I can't recall
-9th Wonder and Rich Medina
-my homie DJ Fase performing with DJ Bobbito Cucumber Slice at the Drake Hotel
-Hip Hop Kareoke hosted and featuring a performance by Jeru the Damaja
-ManifesTO, meaning a city-wide hip hop festival, which had 4000 attendees, and the major of Toronto speak at it
-an amazing King of the Dot battle (what up Noah 23! sorry dude... Knamelis came with sharper blades, but your second round was the best... good luck next time homie)

all this was just on Saturday in Toronto. most of these events were like 5 or 10 bucks. no violence at anything. great crowds, hot women, good times.

I can't keep up with all the shit going on.

Toronto is lucky as fuck.

i love it all

:ignore:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Well, Jazzy Jeff told me Copenhagen and Tokyo (BTW Japan is a country, not a city...) are the current meccas for hip hop...

And Jazzy Jeff>>>9th...so what does that mean...?

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

Yea this weekend was chock full of Hip-Hop legends...alot of people came out of the woodworks for Manifesto...

peep the twiiter link, he says it in their and yea there is an audio of it, i'm sure CKLN or The Real Frequency will use it.

If you have the audio please post it.
The Jizzer!!!

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Stepfather wrote:
ardamus wrote:

this has nothing to do with you...it's more for those that constantly shit on Canada and/or Toronto

i don't feel shit honestly. i just think its funny how you kept avoiding the topic until now. thanx for answering.

but for real, i fucks with Shad, Kardinal, D-Sisive, and some other acts out of there. i only said the :ohcanada: shit to fuck with you.....

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

WHAT?!

TORONTO?!

WHAT!?

OH MAN!!!!!

THATS NOT EVEN IN AMERICA!!!!!!

You guys must be FUCKING JAZZED!

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

Smitty wrote:Well, Jazzy Jeff told me Copenhagen and Tokyo (BTW Japan is a country, not a city...) are the current meccas for hip hop...

And Jazzy Jeff>>>9th...so what does that mean...?
It means your still in Winnipeg.

I never said this. Your boy 9th Wonder said this...and yes I am aware of Japan being a country but I was speaking freely not knowing that their was a geography Nazi running amuck.
The Jizzer!!!

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

ardamus wrote:
Stepfather wrote:
ardamus wrote:

i don't feel shit honestly. i just think its funny how you kept avoiding the topic until now. thanx for answering.

but for real, i fucks with Shad, Kardinal, D-Sisive, and some other acts out of there. i only said the :ohcanada: shit to fuck with you.....

please just stop this...it's embarrassing. I beg you.

Yes sir may I have another!!!

Please I beg of you stop this.
The Jizzer!!!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

i been waiting my life for these days. they are here now. yay

i'll offer the evidence of this new revelation in due time.

peace to hip hop
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Stepfather wrote:
ardamus wrote:
Stepfather wrote:
ardamus wrote:

please just stop this...it's embarrassing. I beg you.

Yes sir may I have another!!!

Please I beg of you stop this.

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

Apparently The Real Freqs is gonna have the interview...no?

Who did the interview?

And who did you interview this weekend Addi? You better have gotten at Chuck D.
The Jizzer!!!

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

huuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I am mad Cam'ron...so very very mad.

Mad that a YBT album even saw the light of day.
The Jizzer!!!

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

that

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Stepfather wrote:Apparently The Real Freqs is gonna have the interview...no?

Who did the interview?

And who did you interview this weekend Addi? You better have gotten at Chuck D.
i was too busy. he was here the day of the SBU show. would have loved to see the homie Chuck but i was over-booked.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

"It means your (sic) still in Winnipeg"...its "you're" pallie.

And I draw more at a solo show in my prairie outpost than most of your hometown heroes do. You spazzes are too busy sucking your teeth and pretending to be the up-north Dip Set to celebrate your city, but when a B-List producer from NC does it you're buggin?

You motherfuckers celebrated the phrase "4th Biggest City" in North America like that's something to brag about.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

LOL @ giving a fuck what 9th Wonder says.

Vice

Post by Vice »

Smitty wrote: You motherfuckers celebrated the phrase "4th Biggest City" in North America like that's something to brag about.
:lol: :cheers:

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

Philaflava wrote:LOL @ giving a fuck what 9th Wonder says.

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

It was a nice compliment...yes.

(I want to say something, witty with the words fuck sprinkled in but i'm afraid i'll get banned)

:bow:
The Jizzer!!!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Hasenfefer wrote:
you are too blinded by hate to get the point.

hip hop needs new energy, new blood, new styles, new everything.

welcome to Toronto.

Drake is just the tip of the iceberg.

its lame to dis 9th Wonder for just saying an opinion. your hate is warping your perspective.

Why the fuck was Raekwon dropping multiple YouTube videos this summer about how amazing it was up here in Toronto?

i don't say this for my fucking ego. i say it for all of hip hop culture to connect and build. when Atlanta started blowing up, only dickheads were hating. each new city that brings something new to the table should have its turn in the spotlight.

in 20 years, if Tokyo is the center of the most insanely dedicated b-boys and girls in the world, then big up to Tokyo, and we gotta build with them.

right now, Toronto is probably the best city on planet earth to get that true school feeling from any level of rap culture.
Smitty wrote:"It means your (sic) still in Winnipeg"...its "you're" pallie.

And I draw more at a solo show in my prairie outpost than most of your hometown heroes do. You spazzes are too busy sucking your teeth and pretending to be the up-north Dip Set to celebrate your city, but when a B-List producer from NC does it you're buggin?

You motherfuckers celebrated the phrase "4th Biggest City" in North America like that's something to brag about.
wat

:bunk:

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

no

step one

Post by step one »

Toronto: so Hip Hop you still cant get the new Raekwon CD there yet.

any chance of a Candanian sub-forum so these homos can go suck each other off in private and rant on about how great their city is.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Stepfather wrote:

It was a nice compliment...yes.

(I want to say something, witty with the words fuck sprinkled in but i'm afraid i'll get banned)

:bow:
Please do. I don't think anyone from :ohcanada: has it in him though.