self

Post by self »

downloading right now

thanks for asking me to be apart of this guys

best,
charles

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

Dids wrote:Godamus is a really great writer. The stuff he's done with his reconceptualized version of Passing Me By and Stress is just great. Just really smart, well executed stuff.
QWALMS wrote:
ardamus wrote:the track with stik and godamus is my fav.
it's definitely an amazing track. probably between that one, tui's track and represent to the fullest.

good work, everybody.
Mindbender Futurama wrote:this 'Passin' Me By' update IS HOW YOU UPDATE A SONG. Why don't motherfuckers get that? Take the idea and genuinely improve on it, not jack for beats and barely add on. Godamus Rhymes, you fucking MURDERRRRRED this production. This beat/sound/song should be heard by waaaay more people. this might be the biggest moment of the project.
Wow. Thanks for all the positive responses. "Passin Me By" is prolly my favorite track I've done this year. I'm a huge fan of the original.

Haven't gotten a chance to listen to the whole comp yet as this is my first computer access since sunday afternoon, but I will definately listen tomorrow morning.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Nathan Blaze

Post by Nathan Blaze »

I am extremely honored to have been a part of this project.

Everyone involved is extremely talented.

I have already listened about 5 times. I will listen some more and come back with thoughts on everything.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Again if you like the project please pass the link on to anyone you think would enjoy and thank you for all the positive response. If anyone involved is interested in the idea jay and I were talking about earlier hit us at thephilaflavaproject@gmail.com

DLG

Post by DLG »

for everyone that slept on the big scen/sean p song from earlier this year, it's one of my favorite tracks of the year.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCUjOhSCp7o&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TCUjOhSCp7o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Big Scen is WHITE?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

good job boys

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

Philaflava wrote:Big Scen is WHITE?
:lol: :lol:

Falside

Post by Falside »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I can't really pick a favorite track because it seems to be changing daily. I will say clocking in around 39 minutes is ideal for this project. When an album is short (think Illmatic) it actually provides more replay value, at least IMO.

Here is a quick breakdown since I never really touched on all tracks

The Getaway - Godamus is a dope emcee who really is a 4-tool guy. He can write, rap, sing and produce. Wes, who I am not too familiar with came correct with the beat.

That's That Shit - Alaska murders shit on fast tracks. He has such a dope continuous flow at this tempo. Block's beat reminds me of the menu screen on Civ 2 mixed with a little Coming To America.

Everybody's Birthday - Just like somebody said OME reminds me of Devin The Dude. He makes rapping seem so easy and this might have been the best "collabo" on the project. You can hear the Alchemist influence in Slice's beat.

Represent To The Fullest - Falside killed it and with that sample how could you not love this track? Big Scen was prolly the biggest surprise for me this project because I knew nothing about him and suddenly became a fan.

Ardy - Fun track. Ardy really is a good lyricist and knows how to construct songs even if this was a rough cut. I like the beat a lot on here.

Hey Chuck - Self probably has the most appeal out of anyone on here on an indie/underground level if that still exists. If College radio existed and vinyl still was being pressed, this dude would be selling like hot cakes in Fat Beats. BTW that was a compliment.

Painless - The most heartfelt track on the album. Blaze is a good writer and is really good at putting his feelings on the track. You can't help but walk away from this feeling both amazed and sorry for him.

Hype Williams - Galvatron is the ODB of PF. The most entertaining rapper we have and such a good storytelling. Charisma for days.Chance is slowly becoming one of my favorite PF producers.

Lonely - The 2nd best produced track (Passing Me By is the best), but that's saying a lot. Intuition is primed for this shit and his work with EQ is stellar. The lead-in and follow-up tracks make this the trifecta. This will probably be the most played track off the project. This is as good as its gets.

Passin' Me By 2009 - The best produced and executed track on the project. I can't say enough about this but there is no reason why this shouldn't blow the fuck up.

Feel Nothing - Party Arty over a criminal beat. I like Ardamus when he mixes it up and allows himself to just go off without the restraints of the beat. Ardamus shines on tracks like these.

Do You - A solid finisher. I think everyone came correct over Chance Random's beat. I still can't get over how Big Scen never hit our radars before.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

listend quickly last night to the tracks everyone's been shouting out previous

gotta say i agree with most the sentiments and gota give props all around. will listen tonight when i have some more free time in the lodge..

Steve Lurkel

Post by Steve Lurkel »

:rofl: i'll take that as a compliment.

actually laughed out loud. i'm all the qualities you love in a rapper, here at philaflava.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

I became a big lurkel fan as well.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://twitter.com/b_dids
# Just based on the people involved alone- go download this now: http://bit.ly/3xYDuh 6:22 PM Nov 15th from TweetDeck

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

I say if u like this shit, you all should be hitting up your favorite bloggers and urging them to post this.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Remo the Great wrote:I say if u like this shit, you all should be hitting up your favorite bloggers and urging them to post this.
I say if you're apart of this project you should be Facebookin', Myspacing and email blasting everyone too.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

Philaflava wrote:
Remo the Great wrote:I say if u like this shit, you all should be hitting up your favorite bloggers and urging them to post this.
I say if you're apart of this project you should be Facebookin', Myspacing and email blasting everyone too.
i'm gettin on it. this my first day with internet since it dropped.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Remo the Great wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
i'm gettin on it. this my first day with internet since it dropped.
Word. I was just co-signing your comment. I didn't meant that directly towards you.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

Just listened for the first time. Pretty solid efforts from everybody involved. I need to go back and listen at least two more times to really absorb all the lyrics and styles.

Intuition sounded like a mix of Slug and Louis Logic to me. In a good way. We need to do a track. With Equalibirium on the beat. Kid is flames.

Really liked the 2nd Ardamus track. Beat was very dope.

Scen had a good finisher.

Dont usually dig OME's stuff, but over that Vanderslice joint I was feelin it. I don't usually like Vanderslice's production either. Y'all were a good match.

Galvy was dope.

Alaska was pretty good, but it made me wish for Sweep the Leg type Shenannigans. I need to find that CD. I got 2 from u last time y'all were in Orlando on tour... Tell Kojo i said "whattup!" Full Sail Kids of the world Unite.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I got an idea, anyone that can mix really well (i'm looking at you, Godamus) wants to mix down my track i produce so people can hear it better, hit me with a PM. It may be too late but I'll hit you guys with a better version of it, if you want.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

ardamus wrote:I got an idea, anyone that can mix really well (i'm looking at you, Godamus) wants to mix down my track i produce so people can hear it better, hit me with a PM. It may be too late but I'll hit you guys with a better version of it, if you want.
it could probably get included in a re-up of it somewhere along the road for sure.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

QWALMS wrote:
ardamus wrote:I got an idea, anyone that can mix really well (i'm looking at you, Godamus) wants to mix down my track i produce so people can hear it better, hit me with a PM. It may be too late but I'll hit you guys with a better version of it, if you want.
it could probably get included in a re-up of it somewhere along the road for sure.
i'm cool with that, too. but Dids was right, it needs to be properly mixed.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

U got a Pro Tools session? I can prolly polish it up somewhat.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i don't use Pro-Tools. i use CuBase Studio 4. can i send you the wav. files?

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

ardamus wrote:i don't use Pro-Tools. i use CuBase Studio 4. can i send you the wav. files?
argh... get wit the times sir. pro tools is too cheap not to get it just for compatability's sake.

yeah. but make sure each wave is the full length of the song so I dont have to spend forever lining it up. PLEASE. it'll save me alot of time if i can just load it up and go.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Remo the Great wrote:
ardamus wrote:i don't use Pro-Tools. i use CuBase Studio 4. can i send you the wav. files?
argh... get wit the times sir. pro tools is too cheap not to get it just for compatability's sake.

yeah. but make sure each wave is the full length of the song so I dont have to spend forever lining it up. PLEASE. it'll save me alot of time if i can just load it up and go.
:lol: i think we had this conversation before. around the time i copped my mac, my homie was selling his CuBase Studio 4 package since he had Logic Pro. it was cheaper than copping Pro Tools at the time.

no prob. i'll make sure its the whole song and i'll get at you with the BPM.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Remo the Great wrote:We need to do a track. With Equalibirium on the beat. Kid is flames.
:cheers:

Would be curious to know if other boards have listened to this at all, and what they're saying about it.

Emp should get on that.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Hi everybody

Ironically it was my real birthday this weekend and I went on one hell of a bender. this is the second day of my hangover and I can finally see pretty good. Downloading now, and I'll get to re-posting in a minute.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Remo the Great wrote:We need to do a track. With Equalibirium on the beat. Kid is flames.
:cheers:

Would be curious to know if other boards have listened to this at all, and what they're saying about it.

Emp should get on that.
Didn't the Sage Francis forum do a posse cut recently or was that the Sole forum? They're pretty much the same, right?

Nathan Blaze

Post by Nathan Blaze »

Thoughts:

1. Wes Restless laced this track. Shit is dope. It serves as a great intro to the project. With the fast paced song and all that goes on during the hooks it reads as some real ADD rap shit which gives it a hectic feel. It also walks a line between dope and corny but remains on the dope side if you know what I mean. Godamus did a great job on it.

2. Really dig the blockhead production on this. I went into the song thinking that it might be disappointing based on the track title, but it really is fresh. That little vocal sample gives the hook a good boost and Alaska is really nice on the mic here...lyrics are sharp.

3. OME is so unique these days. The way he spits is so refreshing. I really enjoyed this track. The way he brings life to how he sees his environment is dope. That part with the blowing out the birthday candles and making a wish is fuckin ill.

4. Represent to the fullest. This track gets a thumbs up just on the goldeneye reference alone. Can't go wrong with that Nas sample and Falside's beat is greatness. I liked Big Scen's flow on this particularly and a few LOL's in there.

5. I like a lot of Ardamus' work. His lyrics on here are good but it seems that they are hurt a little by a lack of focus maybe. I felt like "this sounds good but where is it going?" Was waiting to be shown, maybe it went over my head. Just made it a little hard to get into but I still like the track and don't skip it when I listen through. P.S. I like the beat.

6. Hey Chuck! I'm feeling this. Real easy to relate to. Dude has a proper delivery and a sorta unorthodox rhyme style on here which is pretty enjoyable. That's one of the reasons I don't mind that this is the beat that was used 3 times. I like the honesty of the track. Bravo.

7. I love the beat dirty bird gave me.

8. Most creative track on the project. Dope delivery/great lyrics. Best story on the project. LOL @ Hype Williams and gems like "pumped in his dumpling." Dude is hilarious.

9. I generally hate songs with subjects like this. However, the beat is ridiculous and intuition is incredibly talented. I find myself listening to this regardless. Very well done and polished sounding. Equalibrium's production is so good on this though.

10. This was a great idea. It could have went really bad but Godamus came through like a champ and Stik Figa helped. The original is so universally loved that I can see this getting a lot of play. Insanely fresh beat, perfect raps and nostalgia forever. Best track.

11. Ardamus! I like this track way more than the previous one. "cold hearted freeze a beer on my chest." Word. I dig the beat and the samples used on it. The only different Chance Random beat on the album! Definitely enjoyed the approach to this one.

12. More Big Scen. I was sleeping on this dude. The honest approach on here is appreciated. LOL @ the fat guy jokes. Definitely will keep an eye on him in the future. Love the hook on here and again with the Chance Random beat, but not tired of it.

Overall I would say this shit is a success fellas! Pat yourselves on the back everyone did great work.