New Eminem "Elevator" & "Buffalo Bill&quo

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

iCONtheMicKing

New Eminem "Elevator" & "Buffalo Bill&quo

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

eminem is a good example of once you lose fans, its hard to get them back. I have a hard time listening to his new stuff.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Buffalo has the gay accent.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

even elevator had two to three accents, counted the gay one, counted a woman parody voice and then a german accent...

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

WTF is this cat on nowadays....

shit is garbage...

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

whole ep leak - hell breaks loose is cool

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

People still check for Eminem? What is this 1999?

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

this is the best joint on there

http://www.zshare.net/audio/693985442ed122c4/ <-- drop the bomb on em

unfortunately elevators is second best, followed by music box, and ending with hell breaks loose. all pretty shitty songs, but theres moments of dopeness in some of the verses. em's always interesting to check for from a rhyming perspective.

eyensteyn

Post by eyensteyn »

Philaflava wrote:People still check for Eminem? What is this 1999?
name 5 rappers who can hands down chew eminem??? imo u cant and until that happends people will be checking for eminem

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

The Refill

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIVMS5A6

step one

Post by step one »

eyensteyn wrote:
Philaflava wrote:People still check for Eminem? What is this 1999?
name 5 rappers who can hands down chew eminem??? imo u cant and until that happends people will be checking for eminem
point might have been valid if Eminem ever actually rapped 'properly' (eg: that BET Awards cipher last month) but all he does on record is corny bullshit which negates his real talent as a spitter.

I cant believe Hip Hop heads actually still check for him either. He's a joke.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

Damn... he never sounded more played out. It's past the point of overkill now.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Eminem was spitting as good as he has since 1999 on his last LP.

step one

Post by step one »

I just think he makes horrible music.

I know a lot of people that copped his last album and liked it but none of them like any other Hip Hop.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

step one wrote:I just think he makes horrible music.

I know a lot of people that copped his last album and liked it but none of them like any other Hip Hop.
I agree his music is wack, overall.

But his spitting is incredible.

eyensteyn

Post by eyensteyn »

hes a weirdo as far as songs and subject matter... true... hes animated to the point that his songs are actually like a cartoon... thats what i visualize, a cartoon, while listening to his music... i think thats almost what hes going for, the picture that hes painting per say which is to me at this point is very wack... but the things hes doing lyrically are still amazing and he will most likely chew ur favorite rapper hense the reason he's still around and being checked for.

step one

Post by step one »

eyensteyn wrote:but the things hes doing lyrically are still amazing and he will most likely chew ur favorite rapper hense the reason he's still around and being checked for.
i dont want him to 'chew my favourite rapper' though. I want to make some decent Hip Hop like I know he can (but rarely has) or shut the fuck up.
People always alk about Nas' poor choice in beats but some of the tracks Em has gone with over the years have been horrific.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

I agree with eyensteyn and Magneto. He's been rapping his ass off lately, but unlike on SSLP and MMLP he didn't make many good songs.

I have high hopes that the songs he did with Just Blaze are going to be amazing though. Just Blaze is a hands on producer, not just a beatmaker, and I'd like to think he would curb Eminem's annoying tendencies and get some more traditional hif hoff songs out of him.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This is the logic I don't get in so many of you. YES Eminem is talented and YES he is capable of rapping his ass off as he has shown glimpses of in his guest appearances or various freestyles.

BUT (and this is a huge but) he if isn't capable of making a good album and continues to spit in that ridiculous accent then what does it mean? Your the same people who check for every Jadakiss album because you know he has potential. Yet every Jadakiss album sucks and has been a let down.

Until Em is capable of getting all those idiotic and immature tendencies out of his system and wants to make music people over 25 can appreciate then he is nothing more than a wasted talent and a waste of time for me to invest in. He hasn't put together a respectable album in years. He is a complete buffoon and fading star in the eyes of many of your reformed wigs. He is the very rapper that he once despised. He isn't focused. He isn't hungry. He isn't mature enough to really capitalize on his talents. Plus all you idiots keep cheering his name and checking for him so he thinks he's doing something right.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

i think anyone who mainly listens to rap for the rhyming and experimentation of flows will always check for eminem.

beat heads not so much.

step one

Post by step one »

Balzac wrote:i think anyone who mainly listens to rap for the rhyming and experimentation of flows will always check for eminem.

beat heads not so much.
Chuck D wrote:I dont rhyme for the sake of riddling
one the realest lines anyone wrote. ever.

service

Post by service »

step one wrote:
Chuck D wrote:Image

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Mr. Gloss:

We're just telling it like it is: he can still rhyme his ass off, but he maybe makes 1 dope song for every 3 wack ones, unlike back in the day when he had more quality control. His content leaves a lot to be desired, his voice is occasionally annoying, but you can't say that the dude isn't rap Rap RAPPING.

I don't think anyone in here is cheering his name, bro. We're just not all knee-jerk haters who see everything in strictly black and white terms.
Last edited by Icesickle on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

step one wrote:
Balzac wrote:i think anyone who mainly listens to rap for the rhyming and experimentation of flows will always check for eminem.

beat heads not so much.
Chuck D wrote:I dont rhyme for the sake of riddling
hahahha, yeah but chuck D isn't that type of rapper. i love chuck, don't get me wrong; but thats just not his style.

some rap fans like when mc's push the boundary of cadence/flows/patterns; which eminem (not so much lately) used to do regularly.

its the same reason i'll always check for rappers like pharoahe, grafh, qwel, cory gunz etc.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Em's discography is waaaaaay below his talent level....

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

this is how i look at it

slim shady lp was amazing
marshal mathers lp was amazing, maybe even more than sslp
eminem show, was good, but not like his other stuff, at all..

after eminem show, he fell off horrribly, from like 02-08ish he sucked completely.. from encore, to re-up, to his guest appreances with akon and shit like that,it was all trash

then for some reason he decided to rap like he used to (subject matter(for the most part), multis, different flows, rhyme schemes etc etc) to a certain extent, and i enjoyed relapse a lot and became a fan again, i still bump his old old shit, and still hate his "encore era" shit... i can look past his accent for the most part and i can't really think of any other rapper out right now that can touch him lyrically

all that said, his new stuff, though i think its good, doesn't touch his older stuff when he was still hungry

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Icesickle wrote:Mr. Gloss:

We're just telling it like it is: he can still rhyme his ass off, but he maybe makes 1 dope song for every 3 wack ones, unlike back in the day when he had more quality control. His content leaves a lot to be desired, his voice is occasionally annoying, but you can't say that the dude isn't rap Rap RAPPING.

I don't think anyone in here is cheering his name, bro. We're just not all knee-jerk haters who see everything in strictly black and white terms.
:smugkid:

its like you pick a different forum every week to be annoying in

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:rofl:

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

ALASKA wrote: :smugkid:

its like you pick a different forum every week to be annoying in
Stop :owens: .