Post by ALASKA »

Icesickle wrote::cas: :ignore:
:leon: :myjah: :myjah: :cheap: :fail:

eyensteyn

Post by eyensteyn »

tehgiftofgab wrote:this is how i look at it

slim shady lp was amazing
marshal mathers lp was amazing, maybe even more than sslp
eminem show, was good, but not like his other stuff, at all..

after eminem show, he fell off horrribly, from like 02-08ish he sucked completely.. from encore, to re-up, to his guest appreances with akon and shit like that,it was all trash
i always wondered y people thought the eminem show wasnt as good as the other two... i actually think that has the most replay value of the three... he wasnt murdering beats on the first two albums like he did on TES where he seemed to be inside the beat on tracks like collapse and soldier and TES was where he really started to experiment with flows like hollywood where he flawlessly spit shit like... "imagine goin from bein a noone to seein everything blowup and all u did was jus growup emceeing" that delivery was mindblowing at the time and still really cant be touched today... and i was booked when you dont know dropped and they debuted it on mondaynight football and his flow on that song fucked my head up too (post encore).... i do wish he could be more seriously introspective because the capacity is there but humor is the antidote to fear and it may just be how he's learning to cope with the feelings that he ran from using drugs for so long

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

when emoticons collide...

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

Magneto wrote:I agree his music is wack, overall.

But his spitting is incredible.
So basically he's a "Myspace rapper" now.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

lol at the complaints here
Relapse is almost entirely Dre beats.... all are solid and some are incredible

if you don't like encore then put on 'yellow brick road' and get back to me

What's totally hilarious here are the complaints about the immature subject matter and weird voice. These complaints apply to ALL eminem albums. He's always had an annoying voice even when he's not trying, and since Slim Shady LP his singing on hooks has been running cheese graters on eardrums everywhere. The subject matter is more offensive than ever; I can play his first four albums without getting offended, but 'same song and dance' really pisses me off.

While the voice & horrible musical decisions are valid criticisms, they're present in slim shady & marshall mathers LPS just as much as relapse. Nah, I mean his regular voice isn't quite as annoying as the relapse voices, but it's ballpark. If you have a hard time looking past these flaws then ganja may help you.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

there is no question dude can rap his ass off but his whole steez is kinda gimmicky. gimmicky shit doesnt age well, especially when the artist gets older and is still on that same gimmick.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

eyensteyn wrote:
Philaflava wrote:People still check for Eminem? What is this 1999?
name 5 rappers who can hands down chew eminem??? imo u cant and until that happends people will be checking for eminem
:ignore:

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

i think music box is fuckin amazing

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

speaking of 1999...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-2kk6s1axk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k-2kk6s1axk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

this drop the bomb shit is fucking ill, other songs arent though

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4SQ8QBJUaI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4SQ8QBJUaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>