Rumored MC Battles - Were They Caught On Tape?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Thun

Rumored MC Battles - Were They Caught On Tape?

Post by Thun »

---NgaFish sonning the shit out of Biggie at a concert in L.A. circa 1994

---Mos Def destroying some idiot named Onedae at the Lyricist Lounge(i'm almost positive that audio existed for this at some point)

--- Lonnie B. from Supafriendz annihilating Jo Jo Pellegrino at some industry event circa 2002.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Rumored MC Battles - Were They Caught On Tape?

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:---NgaFish sonning the shit out of Biggie at a concert in L.A. circa 1994
There's no video of this in existence I know of. But that is classic California folklore.

Again, NgaFish/Biggie hasn't been "officially" substantiated, but the Blowed dusted a lot of cats in the nineties so it wouldn't be surprising.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I know someone in San Jose has Aceyalone fleeing the Cactus Club after Megabusive hopped on stage and tried to battle, of all people, Ab Rude. One of the most baffling incidents ever. Long story short, the whole club was screaming "FUCK L.A.!!!!"

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

Employee wrote:I know someone in San Jose has Aceyalone fleeing the Cactus Club after Megabusive hopped on stage and tried to battle, of all people, Ab Rude. One of the most baffling incidents ever. Long story short, the whole club was screaming "FUCK L.A.!!!!"

man i remember that story

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employee wrote:I know someone in San Jose has Aceyalone fleeing the Cactus Club after Megabusive hopped on stage and tried to battle, of all people, Ab Rude. One of the most baffling incidents ever. Long story short, the whole club was screaming "FUCK L.A.!!!!"
Wasn't the video of this posted back on HHI??? Or did someone just give a hilarious, extremely detailed description?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:
Wasn't the video of this posted back on HHI??? Or did someone just give a hilarious, extremely detailed description?
I don't know if it was recounted on HHI because I think Seagraves already permabanned me by that point. However, while outside of the show having a cigarette, I personally witnessed Aceyalone fleeing the Cactus Club and jumping a small chain link fence that would've led to a parking lot not far from the club. Two dudes gave chase.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employee wrote:
Thun wrote:
I don't know if it was recounted on HHI because I think Seagraves already permabanned me by that point. However, while outside of the show having a cigarette, I personally witnessed Aceyalone fleeing the Cactus Club and jumping a small chain link fence that would've led to a parking lot not far from the club. Two dudes gave chase.
Okay, well I remember someone recounting that during this chase, Acey was chased around cars as well, which is just hilarious imagery.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:
Employee wrote:
Thun wrote:
Okay, well I remember someone recounting that during this chase, Acey was chased around cars as well, which is just hilarious imagery.
That actually makes sense. I mean, dude ran straight into a parking lot and there were two cats in pursuit who probably did chase him around cars or something. The whole thing got hectic as fuck outside of the club after Acey bounced.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employee wrote:
Thun wrote:
Employee wrote:
Thun wrote:
That actually makes sense. I mean, dude ran straight into a parking lot and there were two cats in pursuit who probably did chase him around cars or something. The whole thing got hectic as fuck outside of the club after Acey bounced.
Do you suppose the PTSD that Acey suffered from after that night might have been what caused his career to jump the shark?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:rofl:

Certainly could've been the straw that broke the camel's back considering the A-Team album they were on tour promoting induces diarrhea.

PackFM

Post by PackFM »

mos def vs one day happened at the nuyurican poets cafe during bobbito's "words" showcase

one dae was this cat who was like "i'm the nicest mc in the room" and mos disagreed and showed him it wasnt much of a battle though

there used to be video of it back in the real player days
i havent seen it on youtube
I F*CKING HATE RAPPERS
MAY 25, 2010
http://www.ifuckinghaterappers.com

Thun

Post by Thun »

Employee wrote::rofl:

Certainly could've been the straw that broke the camel's back considering the A-Team album they were on tour promoting induces diarrhea.
They threw OG Crew on there at least, though....

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:
Employee wrote::rofl:

They threw OG Crew on there at least, though....
Oh yeah. They had a few bangers, but it was disappointing for us Californians considering the pairing.

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

or souls vs fellowship

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

senorhaha wrote:or souls vs fellowship
nah, i heard that was all of hiero. i remember reading it in a more than likely know defunct hip hop magazine a few years ago.......but they squashed it quick
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

C-Rayz obliterating Supernatural.

Audio exists. I've heard it.

We need this.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

maclethalcuntfucker wrote:C-Rayz obliterating Supernatural.

Audio exists. I've heard it.

We need this.
This. Also, Iron Solomon vs. King Sun/Immortal Technique.

LoDeck

Post by LoDeck »

I was there at the CRayz vs Supernat battle.
Someone I know recorded that shit on DAT
thats how long ago that was.
And CRayz had to get thru PackFM to get to the finals.
What up Pack and Mac...Hi rappers!

LoDeck

Post by LoDeck »

why cant i get my signature pic to show up???

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I was there when they battled.
Was that the same show when this happened, or am I mixing two different events?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHxy8HvDZuU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHxy8HvDZuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't remember hearing about Acey get chased. I was there with the Rasta Cue and Encore, and we saw the Haiku crew pull up in a rented van with a couple dreads.
I find it hard to believe that SJ thugs would have caught Acey slippin by himself. Not saying it did happen, just can't see it.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Jayou Ayen wrote:I was there when they battled.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHxy8HvDZuU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHxy8HvDZuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
That video is from a different show. I remember because of how uncomfortably close they were to each other's face. Like........really close.
Jayou Ayen wrote:I don't remember hearing about Acey get chased. I was there with the Rasta Cue and Encore, and we saw the Haiku crew pull up in a rented van with a couple dreads.
I find it hard to believe that SJ thugs would have caught Acey slippin by himself. Not saying it did happen, just can't see it.
It was Aceyalone. And he was bookin' from the club. Plus the entire crowd and a healthy portion of the lingerers outside were screaming "FUCK L.A.!!!!!!"

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:I was there when they battled.

That video is from a different show. I remember because of how uncomfortably close they were to each other's face. Like........really close.
Upon further reflection (seeing this for the first time in years and years) it isn't as homoerotic and uncomfortable as it seemed from the perspective of the crowd.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Thun wrote: ---Mos Def destroying some idiot named Onedae at the Lyricist Lounge(i'm almost positive that audio existed for this at some point)
i think that was at braggin rites.

i heard audio on youtube or something b4

i want video of LoDeck calling some kid a vagina and throwing the mic at him.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

PackFM wrote:mos def vs one day happened at the nuyurican poets cafe during bobbito's "words" showcase

one dae was this cat who was like "i'm the nicest mc in the room" and mos disagreed and showed him it wasnt much of a battle though

there used to be video of it back in the real player days
i havent seen it on youtube
lol ya i heard that over realplayer back in the hhi days. it wasnt like mos obliterated dude or nothin. but the huge crowd response to the few disses makes more sense in the context of oneday being real cocky.

okkid

Post by okkid »

Lonnie B has the footage and I dont think he wants anyone to see it lol. From speaking to both JoJo and Lonnie I think they both agree Lonnie didn't destroy JoJo lyrically so to speak.
Lonnie hit him with the rite punchline at the rite time.

They were on a boat rented by Violator for the Mixshow Power Summit. Lonnie was attending as a DJ and after JoJo's set he offered to open the mic up to MC's.Lonnie came to the stage wanting to spit but JoJo wouldn't let him get on cause he thought he was just a dj. Blah blah bla...............They end up battling and Lonnie hit him with
"you on a boat full of djs and still get no spins"(This is when Forgetaboutit was out) the place went crazy and it was a wrap.
Never really heard from JoJo Pellegrino too much for a while at least with any association to Violator shortly after this incident.

I want to see the footage of Mad Skillz vs Supernat .

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
i want video of LoDeck calling some kid a vagina and throwing the mic at him.
i was there! deck''s battles were always entertaining. he was on some andy kaufman shit.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:

someone posted up iron vs. IT on another forum just recently. it's on youtube i think.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

intuition wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:

someone posted up iron vs. IT on another forum just recently. it's on youtube i think.
Back when Iron Solomon was AM Boogie he used to lose a lot. When he reinvented himself as Iron Solomon he became an absolute monster. I love watching that guy murder people.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

solomon vs. immortal:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXXBFRMluW4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXXBFRMluW4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tech is a huge bitch in this video.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

^^^^^I think there's also some footage on youtube of Tech gettin owned in a battle with Postaboy too...