Jay Electronica - Exhibit C (produced by Just Blaze)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

True King wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
True King wrote:song of the year personally.
:cheers:
Philaflava's 25 Favorite Tracks of 2009

1. Jay Electronica ג€“ Exhibit C
2. Raekwon ג€“ New Wu feat. Ghostface Killah & Method Man
3. DOOM - Gazzillion Ear
4. Big Boi - Fo Yo Sorrows feat. Too $hort & George Clinton
5. Clipse - By Popular Demand (Popeye's) feat. Cam'Ron
6. Big Boi - Shine Blockas feat. Gucci Mane
7. UGK - Used To Be feat. E-40, B-Legit, 8 Ball And MJG
8. The Roots - How I Got Over
9. Cam'Ron - I Hate My Job (Original Mix)
10. Brother Ali - Best@It feat. Freeway & Joell Ortiz
11. Clipse - Kind of Like A Big Deal feat. Kanye West
12. Raekwon - Surgical Gloves
13. Wu-Tang Clan - Radiant Jewels feat. Cormega & Sean Price
14. Kurious - Benneton feat. MC Search & DOOM
15. CunninLynguists - George (Remix) feat. Khujo Goodi & Killer Mike
16. Cormega ג€“ Rapture
17. Raekwon ג€“ Kiss The Ring feat. Inspectah Deck & Masta Killa
18. Open Mike Eagle - iRock
19. Joell Ortiz - Move On (Slaughterhouse Mix) feat. Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9" & Crooked I
20. Felt (Murs & Slug) ג€“ Permanent Standby
21. Saigon - The Rules
22. Fabolous ג€“ Lullaby
23. Musab ג€“ Get Life
24. Q-Tip - Renaissance
25. Freddie Gibbs - I'm That Nigga
nice list, I'm working on some end of the year mixes & a lot of these will be on there. Heard all except for Q-Tip, Mike Eagle and Musab (never even heard of these people to be honest)

whats that Q Tip joint from?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_clAIyBg2A&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_clAIyBg2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Employee wrote:
hired gun wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:As a rapper I'm going to be more critical of other rappers because I know what it takes to create a verse or a good track.
Do you really, though? I ask this because most people here who've heard your music would say you've never recorded anything that even vaguely resembles a good track and, at your very best, you're little more than a dime-a-dozen netcee making generic music nobody will ever listen to twice.

In fact, weren't the tracks you posted here in that competition you had with Mindbender so bland that people actually prefered Mindbender's set of unholy squawkfests instead?
come on Lex, there is so much personal bias that goes into whether or not like any one individual likes a song or not. Few people especially on a forum are really that objective. When it comes to this internet stuff, so much of its political, its ridiculous. If the internet has a truly lasting legacy on hip hop, is that it broadened the elitism that existed, and brought it more to the fore. For every person who may have voted against Cash on this board Im sure Cash could put up twice the number that have gotten his material, been to his shows etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong Cash, but I think what he's been nicely trying to say (and I'm sure some of the other emcees will nod their head to is) is, while you all hold your opinion in some high regard as if, it reflects the totality and reality of our world...off this website people are doing or have done things that more then justify them continuing and more then justify them feeling that they are credible talented dope artists. Be it shows with crowds, tours, press etc. And not BS press or political hook ups, but actual work put in, and props given. All the emcees that have been mentioned have credits that get acknowledged off this board. Our careers dont exist here.
Nah, man.

The Cashmere vs. Mindbender competition was held not all that long ago. Cash did lose rounds. It was either a tie or Mindbender won. Speaking as an asshole spectator/jaded self-important critic, if you're forty or approaching it and you're engaged in battle with Mindbender in the cyber wasteland there is something deeply, deeply wrong with you. Rap existence wise.

Thank you Hired, that's exactly what I'm saying.

And to both Emp and IDAL, I did not lose a single round to MB in the challenge and from what I remember only one was close.

Something deeply, wrong??? This is coming from a cyber ghost. I can't possibly take that critique seriously.

Thun

Post by Thun »

^I could have sworn that you lost several rounds to Mindbender. Moolah - confirm/deny?

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Thun wrote:^I could have sworn that you lost several rounds to Mindbender. Moolah - confirm/deny?
Wishful thinking? If I'm wrong I'll :winter:

True King

Post by True King »

Philaflava wrote:
True King wrote:
Philaflava wrote:

3. DOOM - Gazzillion Ear
16. Cormega ג€“ Rapture
19. Joell Ortiz - Move On (Slaughterhouse Mix) feat. Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9" & Crooked I
21. Saigon - The Rules
22. Fabolous ג€“ Lullaby
23. Musab ג€“ Get Life
24. Q-Tip - Renaissance
nice list, I'm working on some end of the year mixes & a lot of these will be on there. Heard all except for Q-Tip, Mike Eagle and Musab (never even heard of these people to be honest)

whats that Q Tip joint from?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_clAIyBg2A&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c_clAIyBg2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
don't remember that song being on the album, weird. but isnt that album 08 anyway?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ it is. it came out in nov of '08 and the renaissance rap remix with busta, lil wayne and others came out this year. the song is actually attachment to another "move" which might explain why some miss it. instead of the remix i went with original.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Employee wrote:
hired gun wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:As a rapper I'm going to be more critical of other rappers because I know what it takes to create a verse or a good track.
Do you really, though? I ask this because most people here who've heard your music would say you've never recorded anything that even vaguely resembles a good track and, at your very best, you're little more than a dime-a-dozen netcee making generic music nobody will ever listen to twice.

In fact, weren't the tracks you posted here in that competition you had with Mindbender so bland that people actually prefered Mindbender's set of unholy squawkfests instead?
come on Lex, there is so much personal bias that goes into whether or not like any one individual likes a song or not. Few people especially on a forum are really that objective. When it comes to this internet stuff, so much of its political, its ridiculous. If the internet has a truly lasting legacy on hip hop, is that it broadened the elitism that existed, and brought it more to the fore. For every person who may have voted against Cash on this board Im sure Cash could put up twice the number that have gotten his material, been to his shows etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong Cash, but I think what he's been nicely trying to say (and I'm sure some of the other emcees will nod their head to is) is, while you all hold your opinion in some high regard as if, it reflects the totality and reality of our world...off this website people are doing or have done things that more then justify them continuing and more then justify them feeling that they are credible talented dope artists. Be it shows with crowds, tours, press etc. And not BS press or political hook ups, but actual work put in, and props given. All the emcees that have been mentioned have credits that get acknowledged off this board. Our careers dont exist here.
Nah, man.

The Cashmere vs. Mindbender competition was held not all that long ago. Cash did lose rounds. It was either a tie or Mindbender won. Speaking as an asshole spectator/jaded self-important critic, if you're forty or approaching it and you're engaged in battle with Mindbender in the cyber wasteland there is something deeply, deeply wrong with you. Rap existence wise.

And to both Emp and IDAL, I did not lose a single round to MB in the challenge and from what I remember only one was close.

Something deeply, wrong??? This is coming from a cyber ghost. I can't possibly take that critique seriously.

They dont hear it though....and now I guess I'm bitter (nother thread). *shrugs*. Funny how people react to a differing opinion. Double standard much?
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

hired gun wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
Employee wrote:
hired gun wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote: Do you really, though? I ask this because most people here who've heard your music would say you've never recorded anything that even vaguely resembles a good track and, at your very best, you're little more than a dime-a-dozen netcee making generic music nobody will ever listen to twice.

Nah, man.

They dont hear it though....and now I guess I'm bitter (nother thread). *shrugs*. Funny how people react to a differing opinion. Double standard much?
"This old lady told me if I ain't got nothing good, say nathan/That's why I don't talk much"

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Employee wrote:IthiKKKle is in his bedroom right now molding clay figurines of Drake, Lupe Fiasco and Jay Electronica into a wonderfully erotic Transformer.

The kiln is burning.

He is sobbing in silence to "Kick, Push" and reciting the lyrcis using sign language.
asshole i got stomach problems today, almost shit myself just now
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

Hired Gun, your URB feature, while an accomplishment of some sort, should not be taken as a pinnacle of your career. You are riding that shit way too hard, youve mentioned it being a stepping stone in your career in a couple posts, but whats worse is that its your sig. To me, its just another rapper using the spotlight to prove to people who havent heard you that you are a somebody. You are using URB as a crutch to say, "hey, here is an established magazine who recognized me so you should too." Its corny as fuck, and if you didnt refer to that shit in ever single one of your posts, then maybe cats would take you a little more seriously. If you made a post about the URB thing like "hey guys, check out my feature in URB, JUST ONCE, it would have had more of an impact than keeping it in your sig.

Cash Rulz, you have a quote from yourself in your sig. To me, you come across as a failed mc who decided to give up on his dreams and work in admin. ADMIN? If you were serious about making it as an independent rapper, I would think that your entrepreneurial spirit would have led you down a different path. I understand that you gotta pay bills, but you have that quote in your sig, and it doesnt say anything positive about you. In fact, I might be able to relate to it if I had given up on my dreams and settled for a mediocre way of making a living. But hey, as long as it pays the bills right?

You guys wonder why hostility gets directed your way? You guys remind me a little bit of Mindbender.

Its not your music, its your mentality, which is one step ahead of Mindbender. Saying that PF is like high school, get the fuck out.

Look at Slug, Intuition, Mike Eagle, even Ardamus. These guys plug themselves every once in while, except for Sean maybe. The difference is they dont get tangled up in stupid ass discussions like this, you dont think that the title of this thread applies to them as well? You both lost a little credibility from the Jay Electronica threads, but even worse, you showed you dont know how to play the game on Philflava. Learn how to pick your battles, know when to walk away.

If you cant take what Im saying objectively, then neither of you have any business making art in the first place.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Thun wrote:^I could have sworn that you lost several rounds to Mindbender. Moolah - confirm/deny?
The scrolls of :phila: indicate that Cash Rulz won at least 5/6 rounds (round 5 is missing), with all the rounds being blowouts except for one where his track "Hush" beat Mindbenders "Back To The Future" by one vote.

:icedit:

He did indeed win all 6 rounds.

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Harry Hater wrote:Hired Gun, your URB feature, while an accomplishment of some sort, should not be taken as a pinnacle of your career. You are riding that shit way too hard, youve mentioned it being a stepping stone in your career in a couple posts, but whats worse is that its your sig. To me, its just another rapper using the spotlight to prove to people who havent heard you that you are a somebody. You are using URB as a crutch to say, "hey, here is an established magazine who recognized me so you should too." Its corny as fuck, and if you didnt refer to that shit in ever single one of your posts, then maybe cats would take you a little more seriously. If you made a post about the URB thing like "hey guys, check out my feature in URB, JUST ONCE, it would have had more of an impact than keeping it in your sig.

Cash Rulz, you have a quote from yourself in your sig. To me, you come across as a failed mc who decided to give up on his dreams and work in admin. ADMIN? If you were serious about making it as an independent rapper, I would think that your entrepreneurial spirit would have led you down a different path. I understand that you gotta pay bills, but you have that quote in your sig, and it doesnt say anything positive about you. In fact, I might be able to relate to it if I had given up on my dreams and settled for a mediocre way of making a living. But hey, as long as it pays the bills right?

You guys wonder why hostility gets directed your way? You guys remind me a little bit of Mindbender.

Its not your music, its your mentality, which is one step ahead of Mindbender. Saying that PF is like high school, get the fuck out.

Look at Slug, Intuition, Mike Eagle, even Ardamus. These guys plug themselves every once in while, except for Sean maybe. The difference is they dont get tangled up in stupid ass discussions like this, you dont think that the title of this thread applies to them as well? You both lost a little credibility from the Jay Electronica threads, but even worse, you showed you dont know how to play the game on Philflava. Learn how to pick your battles, know when to walk away.

If you cant take what Im saying objectively, then neither of you have any business making art in the first place.
I could take what you say objectively, Harry "hater" if it was objective. You basically didn't read the thread and are lying about what I do on this board. It is what it is. Your criticism was a lame e-attack not some sage advice from a knowledgeable, concerned anything.....lol. :phila: . Do I get the picture attack now an banned later? What comes first, tell me how the game is played :-).

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Hi Hater,

Actually You're right (but still wrong)...its good that you're not an e-stalker cause maybe you didn't know...I haven't been getting into these "discussions" on here for a minute, mostly lurking...I only got into this one cause I actually LIKED the song (lol....) but you would've known that if you actually read the thread. Trust me, I forgot how senseless it is, and I'll be back to benign posting and dls. Its also funny cause, the Sig remained for a reason (if you read the promo post you'd know why....) it comes down end of this year. Hey if you guys can defend your favorite :phila: rappers...why can't I defend mine? Or is that part of the "game" I'm missing :-).

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Harry Hater wrote: Cash Rulz, you have a quote from yourself in your sig. To me, you come across as a failed mc who decided to give up on his dreams and work in admin. ADMIN? If you were serious about making it as an independent rapper, I would think that your entrepreneurial spirit would have led you down a different path. I understand that you gotta pay bills, but you have that quote in your sig, and it doesnt say anything positive about you. In fact, I might be able to relate to it if I had given up on my dreams and settled for a mediocre way of making a living. But hey, as long as it pays the bills right?
Shut the fuck up. Seriously. You have no idea what I do, so again shut the fuck up and enjoy music bitch.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Harry Hater wrote: Cash Rulz, you have a quote from yourself in your sig. To me, you come across as a failed mc who decided to give up on his dreams and work in admin. ADMIN? If you were serious about making it as an independent rapper, I would think that your entrepreneurial spirit would have led you down a different path. I understand that you gotta pay bills, but you have that quote in your sig, and it doesnt say anything positive about you. In fact, I might be able to relate to it if I had given up on my dreams and settled for a mediocre way of making a living. But hey, as long as it pays the bills right?
Shut the fuck up. Seriously. You have no idea what I do, so again shut the fuck up and enjoy music bitch.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
Great Moments In Gifing.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object>

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Balzac wrote:i would say non-rappers listen to more rap music than rappers.
if i was a rapper i would spend a big chunk of time writing and listening to my own shit and my crews shit.

so imo non rappers are more qualified to critique.
THIS statement is retarded Balzac.

"if I was a rapper"...but you're not.
Rappers are not all egomaniacs.
Many don't even have a crew.
Some talk about their divine mysticism, others half baked conspiracy theories, and, others still, about the stuff actually happening in their lives.
Long story short, assuming rappers don't listen to more rap than non-rappers is ridiculous, because there's no "how to" manual for rappers, or a set of standards and credos that we all follow.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Philaflava wrote:

3. DOOM - Gazzillion Ear
16. Cormega ג€“ Rapture
21. Saigon - The Rules
22. Fabolous ג€“ Lullaby
23. Musab ג€“ Get Life
24. Q-Tip - Renaissance
Not mad at it being #1.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

Thun wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
oh shit

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I still refuse to listen to this guy based on his name. :stick:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Moolah wrote:I still refuse to listen to this guy based on his name. :stick:
That was the exact reason why I slept on this dude for a year. Don't make the same mistake I made. If there is one person on this forum that knows hip-hop and has relatively good taste, it be me.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Moolah wrote:I still refuse to listen to this guy based on his name. :stick:
I did the same thing for a looooooooooong time.

Superfailonmypart,bro.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

As did I. He ISN'T ELECTRONIC AT ALL!

If you want, you could make up an acronym that E.L.E.C.T.R.O.N.I.C.A. stands for.

Or, here are some anagrams:

A Clay Rejection

Joy Clearance It

Racial Coney Jet

Cyclone Jet Aria

Anal Ejector Icy

Acetic Jay Loner

Janitor Cecal Ye

Cynical Oat Jeer

Jean Trey Calico

Jay Lee Narcotic

Enjoy Arctic Ale

Cyan Jet Calorie

Acne Joy Recital

Jar Nice Acolyte

Hope this helped.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:As did I. He ISN'T ELECTRONIC AT ALL!

If you want, you could make up an acronym that E.L.E.C.T.R.O.N.I.C.A. stands for.

Or, here are some anagrams:

A Clay Rejection

Joy Clearance It

Racial Coney Jet

Cyclone Jet Aria

Anal Ejector Icy

Acetic Jay Loner

Janitor Cecal Ye

Cynical Oat Jeer

Jean Trey Calico

Jay Lee Narcotic

Enjoy Arctic Ale

Cyan Jet Calorie

Acne Joy Recital

Jar Nice Acolyte

Hope this helped.
Do you collect penises?

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

abattlewombatsect212

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »