Jay Electronica - Exhibit C (produced by Just Blaze)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

LadyDeathStrizzy

Jay Electronica - Exhibit C (produced by Just Blaze)

Post by LadyDeathStrizzy »

word to yo motha....

supnick

Post by supnick »

royally fucking up and going to sleep right now, will listen in the morning

stevieebola

Post by stevieebola »

Fuck...this is decent.
I'm still looking for a full mp3 of that Dear Moleskin track though.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I really don't get why everyone jocks this dude so hard. I haven't heard any :ohsh: shit from him at all. Could someone please up his most jaw dropping track?

Req

Post by Req »

odium-LSC wrote:I really don't get why everyone jocks this dude so hard. I haven't heard any :ohsh: shit from him at all. Could someone please up his most jaw dropping track?
if you're not feelin this track then he's def not for you.
F.U. MOOLAH

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I liked a few tracks off of What the fuck is a jay electronica but everyone on here is talking like he's the second coming of jesus christ and I just don't see it. Ah well.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

^I've met 0 people who think Jay Electronica is a legend in the making, but this track is nice. I've heard some of his stuff in the past, and like yourself, I don't remember a goddamn thing because it didn't catch my attention. This track, however, is banana sandwich.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

banana sandwiches are disgusting.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

odium-LSC wrote:I really don't get why everyone jocks this dude so hard. I haven't heard any :ohsh: shit from him at all. Could someone please up his most jaw dropping track?
I'm still a newbie on this site, so as much as I want to dis u for not seein the rawness, I'm a let it do what it do. On some real shit though, this is the song that I have rewinded the most this year because of the lyrics and the beat.

I've listened to a lot of rap in my lifetime and I can say with full sincerity that Jay Electronica is in the top 10 lyrically of all the artists that I have eva heard. I was born in '79. My opinion is thorough.

If u are serious and want to see what the hype is about, then I should suggest u check these out:

LadyDeathStrizzy

Post by LadyDeathStrizzy »

this was pretty dope all around, I actually thought dude was spitting some nerd trendy window shopper rap just on the strength of his name (this is the first time actually listening to him) but now I know he nice, I can check for his stuff a bit more frequent. But yo, if you dont think E-C is dope then damn dude.
word to yo motha....

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

odium-LSC wrote:I liked a few tracks off of What the fuck is a jay electronica but everyone on here is talking like he's the second coming of jesus christ and I just don't see it. Ah well.
sums it up for me also.
song is pretty fresh.. but a part of me feels like 200 people are making this same song (especially the beat) worldwide

saigon on the other hand had me in anticipation for a minute.. but so much fizzled out for that dude + a lot of fans have completely run out of patience

starks

Post by starks »

this shit stays crazy
ackbar wrote:part of me feels like 200 people are making this same song (especially the beat) worldwide
?

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

Im probably gonna catch heat for this but if you take into consideration where he's from, how and what he spits about, it makes him more appealing. If he was from New York, he might not have as much appeal.

Other than that, I think its mainly due to the fact that he's a newer artist who people a little bit older can relate to.

Post by 360 »

This shit is fire.
Jay is the truth.

If you don't feel him that's on you.

Jay spits truth. It helps if one has knowledge of self but I don't even think that's necessary. Jay speaks to people who have struggled. It doesn't matter where he is from.

It's not about being amazing in a jaw dropping way, it's about connecting with the people who listen to your music.

Jay has that ethereal quality that only sometimes is born along with talent and it's that quality that, no matter how hard you work on it, you will never obtain it. One just has it.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

360 wrote:This shit is fire.
Jay spits truth. It helps if one has knowledge of self but I don't even think that's necessary. Jay speaks to people who have struggled. It doesn't matter where he is from.
:copy:

Well said.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

the wait is over. thank you.

Dap

Post by Dap »

jay electronica is so fucking dope

:ohsh:

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

Jay Electronica wrote:Out in London, smokin, vibin while I ride the tram

:larry:
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

i used to hate this cat's name and think he was super corny but this track turned it all around for me and i gave him another shot and now he's one of my current fav's.
if he sticks with just blaze we can surely expect only great things.
i like how he's the opposite of what's going on right now as far as rappers leaking EVERY fucking little freestyle and track they do to nahright. i feel like this cat is probably sitting on 2 albums worth of material that might be on par with this track.

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

best song of 2009...

DLG

Post by DLG »

if you're looking for something genre defying and incredibly original in jay elec, you're not going to find it. His appeal is the fact that he sounds both familiar and fresh. He pretty much sounds like every good rapper in his prime, sometimes he sounds like Nas in his prime, sometimes like Common, sometimes he even reminds me of Doom with the cadence and when he throws in silly stuff, like in "I Feel Good" when he says "ya hoyd me?" shit like that...

He's just fresh all around, has a presence and comfort on the mic that's on par with most of the greats, and the combination of being a dope spitter and having that laid back southern swagger while being super humble at the same time just makes me really love every second of music he puts out.

It's rare in 2009 to hear something that just sounds really good and natural and uncontrived, jay elec is that dude for me, and I can't wait to hear what kind of album he has in store for us.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i wish just blaze didn't get his puffy on all throughout this track.

Thun

Post by Thun »

odium-LSC wrote:I liked a few tracks off of What the fuck is a jay electronica but everyone on here is talking like he's the second coming of jesus christ and I just don't see it. Ah well.
Well you're a dope fiend. It's not like you ooze credibility.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

great track

i agree with whoever said if you don't feel this track you probably will never like jay elec.

personally i can't understand how someone couldn't see his potential from listening to even just 2 or 3 random tracks.

last verse on this is the :ohsh:

jacking the lyrics from the blog:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Great verses. It's good to see the return of rapping.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Again don't get all the hype, but this is hot.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

did the full version of exhibit b ever surface?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

Yeah. I agree. He killed this track though:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqOuCxzI1fw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqOuCxzI1fw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Harry Hater wrote:Im probably gonna catch heat for this but if you take into consideration where he's from, how and what he spits about, it makes him more appealing. If he was from New York, he might not have as much appeal.

Other than that, I think its mainly due to the fact that he's a newer artist who people a little bit older can relate to.
That's cause he's a grown man. He's damn near 30 if not that. He actually is spitting and speaking on experiences in a for lack of an acceptable term here "deeper" way.
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com