Ghostwriting

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Ghostwriting

Post by Employee »

http://allhiphop.com/stories/editorial/ ... 85384.aspx
When people complain about the state of lyrics in rap music today and even ask me why I think it has been so long since more mature, socially relevant, and conscious lyrics were common place, along with the usual industry and radio politics 101 I run down, I have a standard statement, ג€˜Not enough ghost-writing in the game.ג€™

And when I say ghostwriting I donג€™t mean just bringing in a talented kid off the block who can be exploited every time you are too weeded out or lazy to write rhymes on your own, like you should.

No, what I mean by the statement, ג€˜Not enough ghost-writing in the game,ג€™ is not that rappers should no longer write their own rhymes, but rather, more of them need to open up the creative process of song-writing to input from others ג€“ whether fellow artists, educators, or marketing advisers - which would allow their minds to expand, and with it, their lyrical content and audience.

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

this shit is from http://www.rap-rebirth.com/pricing.html

Pricing

First sample verse: $25.00 USD

We provide a discounted sample verse when you first contact us so that you can determine whether you want to continue with less risk. If you're not satisfied with your sample, you will be refunded.

Song: $500.00 USD
Generally the format for one song is three 16 bar verses and a hook. We also offer price breaks on multiple songs. Contact us to learn more.

Album: Varies
We can help write and conceptualize your entire album from start to finish. This includes concept albums. Pricing for this varies by album length, desired input and the deadline required.

Hook: $200.00 USD
If you're a great verse writer and only need a catchy hook look no further. We offer hooks customized to the content of your song.

Single line: $100.00 USD
Need a great opener or closing line? Or do you have a certain idea you're not quite sure how to state? We can help.

Single verse: $250.00 USD

We do single verses as well at a length of 16 bars (though this can vary with the concept / style of your song).

ape9

Post by ape9 »

cenzi wrote:this shit is from http://www.rap-rebirth.com/pricing.html

Pricing

We provide a discounted sample verse when you first contact us so that you can determine whether you want to continue with less risk. If you're not satisfied with your sample, you will be refunded.

Generally the format for one song is three 16 bar verses and a hook. We also offer price breaks on multiple songs. Contact us to learn more.

We can help write and conceptualize your entire album from start to finish. This includes concept albums. Pricing for this varies by album length, desired input and the deadline required.

If you're a great verse writer and only need a catchy hook look no further. We offer hooks customized to the content of your song.

Need a great opener or closing line? Or do you have a certain idea you're not quite sure how to state? We can help.

We do single verses as well at a length of 16 bars (though this can vary with the concept / style of your song).
:err:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe already e-mailed him.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

cenzi wrote:this shit is from http://www.rap-rebirth.com/pricing.html

Pricing

Wow.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ that site is owned by a white dude. i think 19. he is the one who does all that wonderful ghost writing.

hired gun

Re: Ghostwriting

Post by hired gun »

Employee wrote:http://allhiphop.com/stories/editorial/ ... 85384.aspx
When people complain about the state of lyrics in rap music today and even ask me why I think it has been so long since more mature, socially relevant, and conscious lyrics were common place, along with the usual industry and radio politics 101 I run down, I have a standard statement, ג€˜Not enough ghost-writing in the game.ג€™

And when I say ghostwriting I donג€™t mean just bringing in a talented kid off the block who can be exploited every time you are too weeded out or lazy to write rhymes on your own, like you should.

No, what I mean by the statement, ג€˜Not enough ghost-writing in the game,ג€™ is not that rappers should no longer write their own rhymes, but rather, more of them need to open up the creative process of song-writing to input from others ג€“ whether fellow artists, educators, or marketing advisers - which would allow their minds to expand, and with it, their lyrical content and audience.
You can interpret this a different way. Especially in crews and groups, I think that as a community there were individuals that acted as a sounding board for lyrics. Especially when the "group" used to encompass the emcee/dj dynamic. Not saying that Nas needed someone to help him write "memory lane" but I'm sure he got feedback and input from people around him, in regards to his form.
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

rap rebirth sample of his B.I.G. song

Note: Some samples are written in the style of various rappers. They do not represent actual Rap Rebirth clinets. Due to the confidential nature of our service we cannot provide client samples. The topic suggestions you see here were provided by the SOHH.com forum communitiy.

You can submit sample requests to samples@rap-rebirth.com

Notorious BIG - Fast Food

Topic: "Biggie ordering fast food"
Style / era: "Gimme the Loot" split persona / Ready to Die album (1994)

NOTORIOUS BIG
Cease pass the dutchie and we'll all get lovely
Got the A/C ten, Benz parked behind Lucky's

BIGGIE
Hungry? I got a craving for some fries
Arch Delux burger and a Coke super size

NOTORIOUS BIG
Nah son, don't fuck with that shit
I ain't tryna die young, hypertension make me sick

BIGGIE
Now listen - you know it tastes delicious
That burger's extra thick and them fries something vicious