French Montana Goin' Hard

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Escobar305

French Montana Goin' Hard

Post by Escobar305 »

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzBqGQLn8W0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzBqGQLn8W0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9LSSJdk8Ju4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9LSSJdk8Ju4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KolyrMxGZt0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KolyrMxGZt0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Coke Wave with Max b was phenomenal. Thoughts on French Montana.... Ny's next big thing?? :killacam:

odium-LSC

Re: French Montana Goin' Hard

Post by odium-LSC »

Escobar305 wrote:Ny's next big thing?? :killacam:
God, I hope not. He's mediocre as hell.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

They said the same thing with Tru Life and IMO French is a notch below Tru. Not only is he far from the next thing but he should be completely forgotten before '10 ends. He has Akon support (budget) but let's remember dude is Moroccan and is not the next shit for NY. Truss.

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

He's in my personal top 5 right now. If I'm gonna listen to some current ignorant shit, French is at the top of the list.

http://www.filestube.com/f079d5806a889c ... -2009.html

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Nom Inf wrote:He's in my personal top 5 right now. If I'm gonna listen to some current ignorant shit, French is at the top of the list.
Who make up the other 4 if you don't mind me asking?

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Philaflava wrote:They said the same thing with Tru Life and IMO French is a notch below Tru. Not only is he far from the next thing but he should be completely forgotten before '10 ends. He has Akon support (budget) but let's remember dude is Moroccan and is not the next shit for NY. Truss.
:naswtf:, what does being Moroccan have to do with him not being the next shit? Tru Life really didn't put out as much material as French been doing this past year, so I don't think its a good comparison. French been building his buzz on his own...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Escobar305 wrote:
Philaflava wrote:They said the same thing with Tru Life and IMO French is a notch below Tru. Not only is he far from the next thing but he should be completely forgotten before '10 ends. He has Akon support (budget) but let's remember dude is Moroccan and is not the next shit for NY. Truss.
:naswtf:, what does being Moroccan have to do with him not being the next shit?
EVERYTHING! Don't fool yourself. We live in a shallow world and only a few slip through the cracks. He is not talented enough to have himself overlooked.

You can have skills all day but people like their coffee black in New York. Em was an exception. Pun was an exception but you're talking about being the NEXT BIG THING. We're not talking about a street buzz here.

I don't know why people think this shit doesn't matter when it absolutely does, especially in NYC.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Let me break it down for you.

Person A: "Yo! you heard that new French Montana?"
Person B : "The fuck is a French Montana?" That's some gay ass shit.
Person A: No he is some rapper signed to Akon's label who gets Jadakiss and company to appear on his tracks.
Person B: You sure that isn't Hanna Montana's brother?
Person A: You're tripping he has hits for days.
Person B: Okay I'll peep on Worldstarhiphop.

later on.

Person B: Damn this track video is kinda cool but the whole time I'm asking myself what the fuck is he? Chinese? Indian? Arab? No way he is Puerto Rock.

Person B: (calls Person A) I just peeped the track but can you tell me what is this dude?

Person A: He is Moroccan.
Person B: Fuckouttahere. I ain't listening to no Moroccan rap.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Philaflava wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:
EVERYTHING! Don't fool yourself. We live in a shallow world and only a few slip through the cracks. He is not talented enough to have himself overlooked.

You can have skills all day but people like their coffee black in New York. Em was an exception. Pun was an exception but you're talking about being the NEXT BIG THING. We're not talking about a street buzz here.

I don't know why people think this shit doesn't matter when it absolutely does, especially in NYC.
If anything that separates him from the next new rapper...

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Philaflava wrote:Let me break it down for you.

Person A: No he is some rapper signed to Akon's label who gets Jadakiss and company to appear on his tracks.

later on.

Person B: Damn this track video is kinda cool but the whole time I'm asking myself what the fuck is he? Chinese? Indian? Arab? No way he is Puerto Rock.

Person B: (calls Person A) I just peeped the track but can you tell me what is this dude?

He's not nearly as "new" as you think he is. He gained fame from Cocaine City dvd's and working with Max B. You'd be suprised how many cats in NY been up on French. He also works pretty heavy with Dame Grease. If anything, he has NY mixtape/dvd fame.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Hes straight. Kinda witty, good prescence and voice-control, even if hes a bit monotone. He sounds best next to Max B though. CW1&2 are two of my favorite mixtapes.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Also look at Shyne. He was born in Belize, yet he was NY's next shit for a good minute.

slack

Post by slack »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Hes straight. Kinda witty, good prescence and voice-control, even if hes a bit monotone. He sounds best next to Max B though. CW1&2 are two of my favorite mixtapes.
To be fair, Max B outshone him on both Coke Wave tapes, and basically everything they did together. Hard for me to think of French as anything other than second fiddle to him really.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I'd rather listen to tru life talk about doing his laundry than any track french montana's done.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

free Max B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Escobar305 wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:

Yep.

Tru Life is a much better rapper / songwriter than this dude though. Comparison is flawed because Tru was just about to make an impact right before he got arrested.

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Philaflava wrote:
Nom Inf wrote:He's in my personal top 5 right now. If I'm gonna listen to some current ignorant shit, French is at the top of the list.
Who make up the other 4 if you don't mind me asking?
My current, personal top 5 (in no particular order):

Ghost
French
Lupe
Jacka
Ross

These are the (hip hop)artists I have been listening to the most, as of late. My all time list looks nothing like this. This just the shit I've been playing the most.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Icesickle wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Escobar305 wrote:

Yep.

Tru Life is a much better rapper / songwriter than this dude though. Comparison is flawed because Tru was just about to make an impact right before he got arrested.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Eating Fruity Pebbles with Rose while wearing a bib made of $100 bills > French Montana's career.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xiupfvFJt0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xiupfvFJt0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

Icesickle wrote:Eating Fruity Pebbles with Rose while wearing a bib made of $100 bills > French Montana's career.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xiupfvFJt0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6xiupfvFJt0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
You're a fag, though, and should probably stop attempting to comment on shit like this...

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Damn. :owens:

Me Still

Post by Me Still »

Dude is less than mediocre. Swaggerless weak sauce festival. I can deal wit Max B but homey here sux. He makes Tru Life sound okay. He has straight beats though.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Tru Life was, is and always will be a joke. French Montana pretty much sucks too, but at least has the sense not to have the hair of a wigger lesbian.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

French still going hard.

01. French Montana - Intro (1:57)
02. French Montana Feat. Cee-Lo - Storm Is Coming (3:45)
03. French Montana Feat. Waka Flocka - Choppa Down (4:11)
04. French Montana - Dope Man (1:39)
05. French Montana Feat. Chinx Drugz & Flip - Lie To Me (3:47)
06. French Montana - Skit (1:50)
07. French Montana - Pimping Ain't Easy (3:02)
08. French Montana Feat. Masspike Miles - Have It All (3:19)
09. French Montana Feat. Three 6 Mafia - Is U Kiddin' Me (4:15)
10. French Montana Feat. Akon & Gucci Mane - Top Chef (5:41)
11. French Montana Feat. Cheese - Crack Da Top (3:36)
12. French Montana Feat. Sam Hook & Chinx Drugz - How It Feel (3:35)
13. French Montana Feat. Cheese - Belong To Me (3:04)
14. French Montana Feat. Fat Joe - We Run N.Y. (3:54)
15. French Montana Feat. Chinx Drugz & Cheese - Goin' In For The Kill (3:50)
16. French Montana Feat. Cheese, Chinx Drugz & Brock - Hammer Long (4:32)
17. French Montana Feat. Wiz Khalifa - Not Ready (3:19)
18. French Montana Feat. Three 6 Mafia - Money, Weed, Blow (4:40)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZ4C9P7Y (No DJ)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZXt6bKYVdc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZXt6bKYVdc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NEzqGEXzkAk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NEzqGEXzkAk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p37I0leqIMM?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p37I0leqIMM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ADR

Post by ADR »

French Montana fans seem to be Max B late comers that weren't paying attention from '06-'08 and due to his incarceration were forced jump on his weed-carrier's bandwagon instead.

Thun

Post by Thun »

El Rey wrote:French Montana fans seem to be Max B late comers that weren't paying attention from '06-'08 and due to his incarceration were forced jump on his weed-carrier's bandwagon instead.
El Rey is batting 1.000

david111

Post by david111 »

french montana is dropping some good songs although his actual rapping is pretty limited/ boring. the hype isnt just about ppl getting onto max b late, although thats helping. i think its mostly based off the actual work hes putting in to record w/ the 'right names' for who would be likely to give him a chance

that song w fat joe is dope

Seduce

Post by Seduce »

not to mention Gucci and Nicki's ex-manager Deborah Antney (Waka Flocka's mom) is French's new manager.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'd rather listen to Maino or Roc Marciano filler than anything by French Montana.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Nom Inf wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Let me break it down for you.

later on.

He's not nearly as "new" as you think he is. He gained fame from Cocaine City dvd's and working with Max B. You'd be suprised how many cats in NY been up on French. He also works pretty heavy with Dame Grease. If anything, he has NY mixtape/dvd fame.
Was about to say the same thing. French been around for a good minute.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner