DOOM?! W.T.F., yo (the real thing is unreal)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Dap

Post by Dap »

Thun wrote:Image

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:doom:

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

fuck a fake concert OF ANYBODY, e-v-e-r.

an imposter is like the equivalent of a cover band.

Like a Nirvana/Rolling Stones/KISS/Guns N Roses/Metallica/Slayer cover band.

same with hiphop, too.

if i pay to see DMX, i don't wanna see NOBODY BUT DMX.

i didn't pay to see some other fool as a replacemnt for DMX, [or whoever the show was supposed to be by]

fuck a clone replacement of some purely true shit.

DOOM should think smarter, considering the kind of music he makes. He has his sound on lock and if he cheers up a bit, he could change hip hop into some NYC bboy natural eastcoast flavor vibe......his beats are wicked.

Monsta Isle Czars are the illest niggaz I ever done hear, son.........!

a song that needs to have the direction explored is "Rhymes Like Dimes"

!
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

it is 4:00 AM.
I am now coming home from one of the most bizarre rap concerts I have ever seen in my motherfucking life.
One day, I will look back and say "now it makes sense."
and either there will be music to explain tonight, or Doom will have done something so unthinkably insane that his story just implodes into...
fuck if i know
FUCK IF DOOM KNOWS!

i've never seen such chaos. creative chaos, but unchained chaos molotov cocktails of songs nevertheless.
let it be known, I love the guy, I rocked with him in NYC in 2000, I saw him at Madvillain a few years ago, I jammed to KMD as a youth. i'm truly no hater. but what DOOM did tonight was beyond rational explanation. i will never be able to find the range of words needed to describe the extremes of emotion and intensity that were manifested at the Kool Haus tonight. cause he was there. the REAL DOOM. and then some.
i've been wracking my brain walking home trying to figure out where all this is going. and i question if he knows. cause to manipulate and frustrate and instigate what went down in Toronto honesty crossed multiple boundaries, probably legal, illegal, and certainly professional... and ethical, to be honest.

i have never felt like my head was being so fucked with. EVER in my life.

this has to be emphasized to understand the night. DOOM is truly an insane psychopathic genius... VILLAIN. is he quietly (cause he doesn't advertise much, his new music just kinda appears, sporadically) campaigning to become the most HATED yet loved man in hip hop? this DOOMPOSTER shit needs clarification. REALLY FUCKING SOON. Mos Def did not perform here, NY was cancelled, and this email goes out this evening:
We want to let everyone know that the real Doom is in Canada. His identity has been confirmed by Canada Customs. Get down to the Kool Haus and don't miss this rare chance to check out DOOM.

He took a bit longer than expected to clear immigration, but we hope to have him on stage in about an hour.

Spread the word!
people are STILL skeptical. this is the same cursed venue as the first 'Rock the Bells' in Toronto 4 years ago, where only EPMD showed up, as Raekwon, Smif N Wessun and Redman, among others all got -cancelled-, and right before the show started, someone in the crowd threw a bottle of Heineken in DJ Scratch's face, hitting his nose first, then spilling onto his laptop, ruining the computer and killing the show.everyone paid 50 bucks to see ONE group now, whose DJ just walked off stage covered in beer and disrespected harshly. the show must go on, right? so a local DJ played EPMD instrumentals. Erick and Parrish did 3 songs, said 'fuck this' and threw their mics down. SHOW OVER. that place was one swear word away from a full on MURDER RIOTcool story, bro

just want you to know that... the same hate was in the air, times five tonight. No Mos Def. So, one opening act: D-Sisive. Finishes at 10:30 to a calm crowd. I just get in. DJs are playing music, spin at one of the biggest college radio shows in town. playing mostly 90's rap music. time elapses. i hear quiet boos. meh. talk to friends. DJs keep playing... but people KEEP booing. start chanting for DOOM. then... start throwing beer cans. plastic cups. beer. random shit. within 30 minutes, the stage is littered. barbacks are cleaning it every few minutes. motherfuckers start SHOUTING for the show to start. and something i may have never seen in my life happened: the president of REMG, biggest promoter in town comes on the mic and declares: "The real DOOM IS here. He made it in the border. Relax. He will be on in 15 minutes." People scream and boo as beer is thrown at the guy on the mic. (extremely disrespectful, considering who the guy is: Jonathan Ramos)

and then the college DJs, Taktiks and Linx, start playing music... and crowd starts BOOING EVERYTHING they play, demanding Doom. They scream so loud for the DJs to stop playing, one DJ gets off the turntables and challenges the crowd "you come do it better!" and people throw crazy shit. Stage is a mess. Doom is nowhere to be found. Doesn't feel good.

more time goes by. shit is feeling grim. (no pun intended). it got so bad, the DJs were booed off the turntables, so they just put in the Cuban Linx 2 disc. you know how it's all eq'ed kinda crazy, right? all the random extra loud overdubs and ~gunshots~ just irritate the anxious people more and more. it's just kinda close to Doom music, but not, and it's been nearly 2 hours since the last performer was rapping. tickets were like 45 if not 50 bucks. maybe 900-1000 people, a strong turnout.... of people whose emotions were getting played with like i've never seen.

nobody knows what's going on. i'm talking to people backstage who are telling me how "Doom is at the hotel, not even at the venue yet, but... getting in a cab now"... holy headfuck, Batman! really? no, really? this is past the point of insanity now. nobody believes anybody. the crowd is booing hell between every single song on Raekwon. shit is chaos. bouncers are wrestling pissed off people. what the fuck??

at some future moment that felt way past eternity, a DJ gets on the tables. kinda feels like it might happen. he sets up, and...

'Accordion' drops. YEEEEAH! Rap-like dudes are backstage, coming on! Word up!!

Okay: a :doom: runs out.

short guy. in a mask.

who didn't say nothing during the spoken intro. WTF!!! lip synching!

DOOMPOSTER sighting. :nut: people start BOOOOOOOING VICIOUSLY.

THEN ANOTHER :doom: runs out! Rapping!! And it sounds like the real DOOM! Praise Rakim Allah, it's the real thing now!

Show's on. Doom starts rapping. Loud. Crazy. Non-stop.

And... it was one of the most erratic, confusing, headbanging, off balance, crowd pleasing? experiences i have ever been to in my life. it was about 45 minutes. i heard some random Dangerdoom shit. He did some Madvillain songs. shit off 'Mmm... Food', 'Ballskin', then like 30 minutes into the non-stop assault of un-mic-checked rap bangers, he let some new 'King Geedorah' stuff play, as he talked over it. He had a humongous black dude with a tied-back afro as a hype man, as the other fake Doom stood beside the DJ all night with a camoflage stocking on his face (hype mime?). it was the real Doom, rocking rhymes crazy, but... it was CRAZY. something was off. many things were, actually.
the timing with the DJ: off.
crowd interaction (until the end): off.
show structure: off.
lights of logic: off
i had no idea what i was seeing. it wasn't wack, but holy fuck... Doom is self-destructing just a fraction less than he's creating.
the crowd was mostly satiated, but a few things got thrown at Doom still.
one was a t-shirt, that he caught perfectly, and incorporated into his show.
another recurring moment of surreality was when someone kept punching two blue balloons towards Doom's face while he was rapping... and he kept punching them back. over and over. without missing a word. just zany. Doom rhyming and punching and kicking balloons while he says "go pop like snot bubbles."
but why no 'Operation: Doomsday'?
and... why did your DJ's solitary laptop shut off in the middle of one of your songs, while you spit acapella... then started kinda rambling to the crowd, with the hype man backing it up... then why did the DJ -leave the stage- after failing to drop any new music in about 3 minutes (of dead air) with Doom completely unaware his DJ has left. It kinda spun out of all control at this point, and Doom started up random beats playing minutes later, with no DJ, just rocking whatever. There was no continuous thread through the show, it was just one unpredictable musical moment after another. Then it ended?

This was the point in the night where abruptly Doom left the stage. We all wondered if it was over... then after a minute, you overhear him say "yo, i just had to go take a piss, i'll be back!". It was kinda doubtful if he would be, you could feel it. But, he returned. And started rocking the show. Truly odd.

Then the DJ came back and they did another song or two. Doom left again, barely saying peace or even looking at the crowd when he left (but honestly, during 2/3rds of the show, he was pretty energetic and interactive with the crowd. Dousing them with water at one point, then himself, then his huge hype man. Nutty.) But he just kinda disappeared.

At this point, the DJ goes "uh... should I go get him?"

everyone goes "YEAH! DOOM, DOOM!"

the DJ honestly looks like he's not sure he can get Doom back out. this was the most hasty and unscripted encore i have ever seen... or these guys just don't give a fuck on a new level. the DJ came back, put a song on, Doom came out, rapped on it, then bounced real quick, saying 'love ya'll, peace i'm out!' before anyone could really hear what he was saying.

the stage was empty. the music stopped. show's over now? uh, okay. guess that's enough. but what a crazy ending. middle. and beginning.

there is video footage that will come. i got some but it's late.
tomorrow's a new day.

thing is, it wasn't a bad show. and it was the real MF DOOM. AND he DID stand on stage with another fake DOOM, which is a sight i will always remember. (but he didn't explain -nothing- about that whole shit, of course.) so, it wasn't bad. but it was certainly kinda fucked up, to say the least.

i thought of dozens of reasons why this happened like this. is Doom trying to be the most hated MC of all-time, the slow-fashioned way? nobody will forget that night. i know i won't. i was angry, but i was also happy. what is his masterplan? he's not more famous than Mos Def. this tour went tits up, no disrespect, but it collapsed. Doom ain't in movies with Diddy and Halle. can he afford to do this? yes, the show went on. looks like they made money. but the height of frustration that things went to make me question where things will go from here. he's dope, but is he dope enough to keep doing this insane shit? can it all be forgiven with a really, REALLY dope DOOMPOSTER album? this shit is beyond anything i've ever seen. Doom is really off the deep end now. I just had to put this down cause I mean every word, this was one of the most insane shows of all time.

and all i know is rap is fucking out of control more than any of us know.

peace to Mos Def and to the Screwface Capital. :ohcanada:

thanks if you read it all or :didntread: peace to rap rap rap

Doom is up to something diabolically, unbelievably, incomprehensibly sinister.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

can read that this early.

one word answer, did the real doom show up? that's all i want to know.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

:doom:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Philaflava wrote:can read that this early.

one word answer, did the real doom show up? that's all i want to know.
Im sayin.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Bender went to the DOOM show.

DOOM was late.

There were two DOOMs on the stage.

The show kinda sucked.

The end.

CHER1

Post by CHER1 »

:arrow: at not reading it.

Bender paints a picture nearly as good as your own memory,
i feel like i was there.

Now if you could only incorporate this to your own rap songs dun :lol:

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

not a bad read. i still can't believe people book him after all the bullshit he's pulled, but it sounds like last nights show was at least interesting. i wish i could say my doom show was as interesting, but it wasn't. i saw the real doom (according to slug) at rock the bells 07', but the set was very short, muffled, and ended abruptly after only a few songs.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

the same people who are crying about :doom: are the same people pre-ordering his new album from stones throw, rhymesayers or nature sounds whenever it drops. quite honestly anyone who goes to a doom show after all this bullshit is stupid and deserves to have their money taken from them. these rumors have been going on from years.

but i'm guessing bender got in for free with a press pass. no way is he putting $50 on the line.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

who is paying $50 to see doom? even with mos def, that is fucking outrageous.

Dids

Post by Dids »

perabigail wrote:who is paying $50 to see doom? even with mos def, that is fucking outrageous.
Yeah, the inclusion of Mos Def on a line-up at this point should lower the price a bit more dramatically.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:the same people who are crying about :doom: are the same people pre-ordering his new album from stones throw, rhymesayers or nature sounds whenever it drops. quite honestly anyone who goes to a doom show after all this bullshit is stupid and deserves to have their money taken from them. these rumors have been going on from years.

but i'm guessing bender got in for free with a press pass. no way is he putting $50 on the line.
what's with the fucking potshots people here take at me? i don't do that to anyone but dids, ha. i'm a fucking half celebrity for real and something else in my city, and y'all don't respect that. I'm the god damn Rodney Dangerfield of Philaflava.

this one dude came up to me at the end of the show last night and said "you're Mindbender, right? I saw you at ManifesTO a few years ago. You killed it for real. You should have been on later in the day closer to the headliners. Hell you should have been opening for this MF DOOM show too. You're fucking dope."

Word to Young Jeezy, I put on for my city. I paid so much dues that people pay me back around here. I seen probably over one thousand shows with this promoter in the last 20 years. I was at his first show ever, The Pharcyde in 1992. He knows me. I get put onto the guest list sometimes without even asking. At this point, I just walk into most hip hop shows in Toronto without even being on the guest list even. Much more people know me than I know them, and I'm well respected here. A friend even offered me a ticket to see Lebron James here tonight at a Raptors game, but I'm on the Bruce Willis movie, plus some other stuff. If you didn't say this, Jason, I wouldn't care. But I hope you can stop dead the nonsense. I paid $150 to see Lil Wayne cause I wanted a floor seat. But I paid my dues here. I can do almost whatever I want, cause I show real love for hip hop, and damn near everyone in Toronto knows it.

Y'all should know this too by now.

peace to the real
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dude since when have you paid for a show? It's been known you get in most places cuz of press. Didn't know there was something wrong with that.

Press > Paying

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

CHER1 wrote::arrow: at not reading it.

Bender paints a picture nearly as good as your own memory,
i feel like i was there.

Now if you could only incorporate this to your own rap songs dun :lol:
:cheers: thanks.
my songs are improving. and 'Jupiter' is awesome, ha ha.
peace to CHER1

perlman

Post by perlman »

In the comic, Dr. Doom would often send his Doom Bots to do his bidding, usually causing a diversion of some kind while he enacted his fiendish plots elsewhere.
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

barknee

Post by barknee »

perlman wrote:In the comic, Dr. Doom would often send his Doom Bots to do his bidding, usually causing a diversion of some kind while he enacted his fiendish plots elsewhere.
who gives a toss tho
ImageImageImage

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

wait.. wtf is that video barknee?? :rofl:
i never watched the whole thing until now

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dude since when have you paid for a show? It's been known you get in most places cuz of press. Didn't know there was something wrong with that.

Press > Paying
I fucking hate what journalism has become in the last few years. I was laid off from Now Magazine last year, and when I was released, I literally was told "you bring too much enthusiasm to the job" when I was let go. Too many motherfuckers in these industries, both journalism and hip hop, ARE NOT REAL ABOUT THIS SHIT. You don't see me writing about shows unless I want to anymore. I don't get paid for writing lately. (Those days may return, things are in the works I won't speak on yet)

But I write cause I want to document rap history as I see it. I have a certain vantage point, certain priviledges and certain knowledge that separates me from anyone else.

but let it be known, I fucking hate what hip hop journalism has become. When a douchesack like Byron Crawford can spray hate on a blog for a living, I cry with Kool Herc. Rap is out of control.

shit just ain't right anymore. and solutions don't go as far as the problems.

the people who care do not outnumber the people WHO DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

etc.

peace.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

perlman wrote:In the comic, Dr. Doom would often send his Doom Bots to do his bidding, usually causing a diversion of some kind while he enacted his fiendish plots elsewhere.
He was also a Latvian king who was thrown out of university for performing forbidden experiments. Dumile never did that shit.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Philaflava wrote:the same people who are crying about :doom: are the same people pre-ordering his new album from stones throw, rhymesayers or nature sounds whenever it drops. quite honestly anyone who goes to a doom show after all this bullshit is stupid and deserves to have their money taken from them. these rumors have been going on from years.

what's with the fucking potshots people here take at me? i don't do that to anyone but dids, ha. i'm a fucking half celebrity for real and something else in my city, and y'all don't respect that. I'm the god damn Rodney Dangerfield of Philaflava.

this one dude came up to me at the end of the show last night and said "you're Mindbender, right? I saw you at ManifesTO a few years ago. You killed it for real. You should have been on later in the day closer to the headliners. Hell you should have been opening for this MF DOOM show too. You're fucking dope."

Word to Young Jeezy, I put on for my city. I paid so much dues that people pay me back around here. I seen probably over one thousand shows with this promoter in the last 20 years. I was at his first show ever, The Pharcyde in 1992. He knows me. I get put onto the guest list sometimes without even asking. At this point, I just walk into most hip hop shows in Toronto without even being on the guest list even. Much more people know me than I know them, and I'm well respected here. A friend even offered me a ticket to see Lebron James here tonight at a Raptors game, but I'm on the Bruce Willis movie, plus some other stuff. If you didn't say this, Jason, I wouldn't care. But I hope you can stop dead the nonsense. I paid $150 to see Lil Wayne cause I wanted a floor seat. But I paid my dues here. I can do almost whatever I want, cause I show real love for hip hop, and damn near everyone in Toronto knows it.

Y'all should know this too by now.

peace to the real
OH MY GOD A STRANGER TOLD YOU HOW DOPE YOU ARE!?

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

btw that was a good write-up of the show, Mindbender. A little superfluous here and there, but overall it really did paint a picture like CHER1 said. Good job. :cheers:

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I have a certain vantage point, certain priviledges and certain knowledge that separates me from anyone else.
:smugkid:

Verge

Post by Verge »

Good write up for the show.
I can't see complaining about anything, though.
I mean, how do you expect to get a full, perfect show from a dude
like Doom, when he's rhyming and little faggots are still throwing shit at him?
Fuckin canada.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Verge wrote:Good write up for the show.
I can't see complaining about anything, though.
I mean, how do you expect to get a full, perfect show from a dude
like Doom, when he's rhyming and little faggots are still throwing shit at him?
Fuckin canada.
people at the end were still shouting "I paid $45? For this?!"

they had a point. they threw shit in Chicago too, right?

I'm all for an unorthodox show and what not... but this is going too far.
ObeseJesus wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:I have a certain vantage point, certain priviledges and certain knowledge that separates me from anyone else.
:smugkid:
meh. i could be humble about it, but it's just the truth. it's no big deal to me. i love shows and i show up and participate. i'm no different than most, but maybe i've seen more shows than most, that's all.

no matter what, my love outweighs my ego in this shit.

and it is SHIT, please believe it.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Nice write-up.

I LOVE Doom fucking with retards that go to his shows still. LOVE it.

I haven't been paying attention, what is his next project?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

^^ thanks yo
Reggie wrote:btw that was a good write-up of the show, Mindbender. A little superfluous here and there, but overall it really did paint a picture like CHER1 said. Good job. :cheers:
thanks for reading it, man.
i don't say those words often, but i mean it about last night.

CRAZIEST CONCERT EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.
SXSW and Rock the Bells were 'good crazy'.

this was not 'crazy meaning bad' but 'crazy' meaning "PSYCHOPATHIC SUICIDAL RAP INSANITY AT THE BRINK OF SELF-DESTRUCTION".

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

blastmaster wrote: I haven't been paying attention, what is his next project?
http://www.steadybloggin.com/nature-sou ... hic-essay/
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

drizzle wrote:
blastmaster wrote: I haven't been paying attention, what is his next project?
http://www.steadybloggin.com/nature-sou ... hic-essay/
m more often than not jumping across the net almost all of the evening which means I have the inclination to read considerably, which isnt commonly a beneficial option as almost all of the web sites I view are constructed of useless waste copied from many other internet sites a trillion times, however I gotta give you props this website is certainly quite informative and even consists of some authentic content, so thanks for removing the trend of just replicating other peopleג€™s websites, in case you ever want to have fun with playing a couple of hands of zynga poker together with me just gimme a shout ג€“ you have my email address :)

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i may not have said this was trendy one or two years ago yet somehow its amusing the way age changes the means by which you see totally different creative ideas, thanks with regard to the blog post it is actually enjoyable to look over anything intelligent occasionally instead of the common garbage mascarading as a blog on the web, cheers

this spambot understands me better than any human can :owens:
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo