lmao @ cappadonna...smh...the cabby strikes again (swipe)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

RacquetballGangsta

lmao @ cappadonna...smh...the cabby strikes again (swipe)

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

http://kvbeats.blogspot.com/2010/03/how ... apper.html
He used to be known as Cappachino The Great and spit fire on the mic like his infamous verse on "Winter Warz" from Ghostface's "Ironman" album:

...but these days he is better known for driving tourists around New York in a yellow cab busting the occasional verse here and there. Nothing wrong with that, he's got a big family to feed from what I hear, but the dude and I made a deal of him recording a song of two verses for my album, and he didn't deliver. It started as a Myspace correspondence back and forth negotiating the price. Cappa also told me about his new baby and how he's not rich like The Rza and drives a taxi cab. After agreeing on a price he asked me to talk to his manager Honor also going by the exotic AOL name IronShiek7000 who would take care of the business side of things... Mind you, I never willingly transfer the full amount of money upfront! Normally I pay half upfront and the rest once I receive the vocals. But here, Cappa wrote me the following email...

"ok lets do this .... do u have yahoo messenger or aim? if you do my mgr will work everythging out with you his yahoo is HONORMANAGEMENT and his aim is IRONSHIEK7000 now im saying this up front before we get started i need the full payemnt and the music upfront for the simple fact cause the last time i did this with someone from europe they didnt pay me and i went to the studio and did the work for this dude named cop killa (note: contained a link to his blog which doesn't work anymore) so thats why i require the money upfront and i will have the song back to you in 48hrs (2 days) with vocals seperated and everything you need let me know if that is ok and trust me brother i will not cheat you in the name of allah!!!!!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...And I somehow decided to trust the guy. I remember transferring the money by Western Union directly to Darryl Hall (Cappa) in Park Hill, Staten Island. After nothing happened for several weeks I complained to both Shiek and Cappadonna directly and when I finally got a reply from Shiek on AOL, he told me that he wasn't managing Cappadonna anymore and that he'd been hustled too... WTF?! I'd been bamboozled! Guess it comes with the territory of dealing with struggling artists from the hood, but in the immortal words of Ed Lover... "Cappadonna from the Wu, c'mon son!!!"
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

I wonder how much a cappadonna verse costs. Anyway this story is sad comedy especially considering he thought cappadonna name would help promote his project alot.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:ugod: :fail: :retard:

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

i feel for this dude, no homo, 3,4 years ago I was a naive 20,21 year old who got some misguided information & hit up Sean Price to collab, met him twice, chilled in his apartment in Brownsville but never got the verse from him and after a year of waiting & advice from Gloss got my loot back.

im like yo, if people are willing to pay you their hard earned money for a verse you should go out of your way to compensate them, regardless of talent level & associations. I went through my " lets try to collab with bigger named rappers phase" when i was younger, and really only one good thing came from it, peace to the homie Slaine. Im also glad im getting to the level where I can collaborate with people out of respect & there is no $ involved.

But i feel this dude, pause, if i was him i'd try to get at Cappa any way possible to get my money back.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

This is fucking hilarious. Like blessingindisguise said, a Cappa verse just ain't gonna get you much hype to begin with.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

[img]http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/5863/246280_4_14208512.jpg[/img] wrote:Every evening I have a by myself meeting,
thinking who's my next victim that I'm cheatin
foolin bork producers pay better than my cabfare
I tell lies, all foreigners get taxed here
Where's my verse, that's what they said, I gave no answer
I jacked them, took they money, now they asking Shiek for they reward

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

good for cappa

i trolled around on this borks blog and seen this...

"While many of you know me as a pioneering rapper who has rocked many stages in the world, you don't know that Real Estate is also one of my passions. I embarked upon a Real Estate career not too long ago, and have had some successes in doing so. Am I still rockin' crowds? Of course. Is Hip-Hop still a passion for me? Yes, but anyone that knows how the hustle game goes, you have to make sure that you're gettin' it in, in all facets of life, and that is what your boy is doing. So, the HUSTLE continues on all levels. Thanks for the unwavering support of all of my efforts.
- Damon Smith BKA Smoothe Da Hustler
Post Script: If anyone is looking for collaborations in music, you can hit up smoothesmg@gmail.com for more information, and someone will get back to you with the information.

Are you or someone that you know looking for a place to STAY, RELOCATE YOUR BUSINESS or START YOUR BUSINESS? If the answer to the question is, ג€˜YES,ג€™ then I have apartments, lofts, commercial spaces and houses for rent, with all locations available within the New York sector. If you are interested or know of someone who is interested, please e-mail dasmith@rapidnyc.com today, and PLEASE be specific with the number of bedrooms, pricing, and if itג€™s a commercial space, please include square footage. ABSOLUTELY NO FEE APARTMENTS AVAILABLE! Only 1 monthג€™s rent and 1 monthג€™s security deposit available, too. There is a 10% referral fee given, if the referred closes."

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

In the year 2002 I bought a beat from Benefit for $75. That was a mistake too, but only on my part because I never used it. It was a crazy idea in the first place because I was never really a rapper.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

blessingindisguise wrote:I wonder how much a cappadonna verse costs. Anyway this story is sad comedy especially considering he thought cappadonna name would help promote his project alot.
"cappadonna stole 15 bucks from me!"

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Tired & Broke wrote:
[img]http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/5863/246280_4_14208512.jpg[/img] wrote:Every evening I have a by myself meeting,
thinking who's my next victim that I'm cheatin
foolin bork producers pay better than my cabfare
I tell lies, all foreigners get taxed here
Where's my verse, that's what they said, I gave no answer
I jacked them, took they money, now they asking Shiek for they reward
:lol:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:i feel for this dude, no homo, 3,4 years ago I was a naive 20,21 year old who got some misguided information & hit up Sean Price to collab, met him twice, chilled in his apartment in Brownsville but never got the verse from him and after a year of waiting & advice from Gloss got my loot back.

im like yo, if people are willing to pay you their hard earned money for a verse you should go out of your way to compensate them, regardless of talent level & associations. I went through my " lets try to collab with bigger named rappers phase" when i was younger, and really only one good thing came from it, peace to the homie Slaine. Im also glad im getting to the level where I can collaborate with people out of respect & there is no $ involved.

But i feel this dude, pause, if i was him i'd try to get at Cappa any way possible to get my money back.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

:lol:

wheels

Post by wheels »

The Frankest wrote:In the year 2002 I bought a beat from Benefit for $75. That was a mistake too, but only on my part because I never used it. It was a crazy idea in the first place because I was never really a rapper.
:arrow: