Method Man Ghostface And Raekwon ג€“ Wu-Massacre

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

It's alright, nothing great, but nothing bad either, just alright.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

listening to wu make shit like this is like watching joe montana on the chiefs.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

why did they take rae's verse out of Criminology 2.5

it doesnt make sense why they did that

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Also...and I am sure others will agree with me here, the skits suck and are unnecessary.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Anyone else surprised this even came out? It was announced when? October? Pretty fast turnover for a Wu-project.
Shit was thrown together quick. I'm not surprised at all when you actually listen to an album. We all wanted 3 emcees on all the tracks TOGETHER. 99% of this album was done by mailing in verses. The chemistry is missing. The sequence is missing. The memorable lines are missing.

Shit should have been an EP and they should have done this right with a Summer '10 release.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Neuro wrote:why did they take rae's verse out of Criminology 2.5

it doesnt make sense why they did that
Yepp. Very odd. Is there a CDQ of the one with Rae?

I think Miranda and Dangerous are rele tough jawns. Haven't been keeping up with the leaks so perhaps that's why I'm pleasantly suprised. Pimpin Chipp is a good ghost-story and so is Youngtown Heist. Not a song on here I would be against listening to again.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

cornsnake

Post by cornsnake »

AWAE wrote:
zombie wrote:
Employee wrote:Image
what's he doing does he have parkinsons?
do you know what a sybian is?
:lol: :lol:
Prof - Figured Out prod by 84 and Dillon<embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf ... and-dillon" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

I heard the leaked version left some verses off from the retail version..

hired gun

Post by hired gun »

Why does this feel like a mixtape or a compilation more then an album? Dropped ball?
HIRED GUN-Straight Organics
http://www.freshrootsmusic.com

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i STILL wanna know why raes verse got taken off!

im mad dammit

its a song sequel from HIS song

and the album is GHOST METH AND RAE

so why the fuck did they take raes verse off!!!!!

i wanna know dammit!

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

maybe one of our resident wu-namedroppers can call and ask?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Neuro wrote:i STILL wanna know why raes verse got taken off!

im mad dammit

its a song sequel from HIS song

and the album is GHOST METH AND RAE

so why the fuck did they take raes verse off!!!!!

i wanna know dammit!
vermillion wrote:I heard the leaked version left some verses off from the retail version..

Irons Kill Lions

Post by Irons Kill Lions »

Anyone else wondering why Meth appears to be draping a finely nail-polished hand across Ghost's shoulder on the cover?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Irons Kill Lions wrote:Anyone else wondering why Meth appears to be draping a finely nail-polished hand across Ghost's shoulder on the cover?

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

if the version that leaked is the real version,

album's artwork >>>> album

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

so is anyone gonna actually buy this album?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

I'm diggin this shit! I like every song so far. fuck the world, i'm really into this shit.

:wutang: !
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

^ So does this add to the legacy on why Wu-Tang is the greatest group of all-time, but yet they only have one great album as a whole? According to the Wu-Tang stans, solos and collabaration albums count right?

This shit is horrible. Even die hard Wu-Tang fans should say enough is enough.

Fuck Def Jam for not allowing them to release this when it was ready. Responsiblity to this falls on Meth, Ghost, and Rae too. There is no plausible reason why they couldn't make a cohesive project.

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

I agree with most people COMPLAINING about a meth-rae-ghost album!

-not long enough
-wack skits
-wrong, unnecessary lesser wutang members guest appearances

why wouldn't they just have all 3 on like 15 songs and call it a day?
full 3:30-4:20 minute songs type-shit...

BUT the only good thing going for it was the fact that it came out THIS QUICK...and it was only announced last year october-ish...

most announcements would have gotten a follow up of a 2-8+ year official release date delay and have nuff fucked up politics involved.
[like cuban links 2 etc]

BUT!
they made a wack album with almost good beats, that should have been executed with the full proccess procedure to make a lasting legacy piece of quality artwork....

not some shit that will get treated like some temporary hot shit that will not have any worthwhile replay value in the future because the album brings back memories of a letdown, of something that should have been a great album (or could have been, OR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE)

make a new original WU TANG album and mix in all of everything plus new shit and innovate the industry ideals like "Enter the 36 Chambers" did.

give them 12 months to do it...getting 8? people to all rap on an album is harder than making a good song most of the time.
RZA must have one horrendous headache dealing with the organization of all the group members and the beats with orders of verses and things like that...

I don't think I like ANY song,except the 'OUR DREAMS' one.and that is bad

I still love WU the same, but this is some bullshit that sucks. -1 point.
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

i just dont like the last song... i like most of the other stuff. it's not on the level of Cuban Linx 2 but it's pretty good

just beats and rhymes, no fucking try hard trash

that Tracy Morgan skit is type dumb tho

Gunshowers is hype, i like this thang thang

it's not classic though, but sheeit. hope there's a bunch of bonus cuts somewhere

still its :wutang: so :rockout: and :bow:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i bought it

i bump it

its dope

im done complaining about the first track

its a nice lil release

if this was labeled as a ghostface ep everyone would be nuttin over it

instead its a GHOST METH AND RAE collab project with the title WU MASSACRE so everyone gets snobby over it

its a dope release plain and simple , every "wu" release gets this over the top criticism, its ok but at the same time ya'll need to calm down

an-also

Post by an-also »

Neuro wrote: its dope
:larry:

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

:wutang:

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Req

Post by Req »

i consider this an in-between projects EP, and its dope.
F.U. MOOLAH

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Big Breeze wrote:^ So does this add to the legacy on why Wu-Tang is the greatest group of all-time, but yet they only have one great album as a whole? According to the Wu-Tang stans, solos and collabaration albums count right?

This shit is horrible. Even die hard Wu-Tang fans should say enough is enough.

Fuck Def Jam for not allowing them to release this when it was ready. Responsiblity to this falls on Meth, Ghost, and Rae too. There is no plausible reason why they couldn't make a cohesive project.
You try way too hard to be controversial and annoying..

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

http://www.hiphopsite.com/2010/04/02/me ... ssacre-12/

Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon ג€“ ג€œWu-Massacreג€ ג€“ @@@@1/2 (Review)

Biggieג€™s Life After Death album changed the face of New York rap. The massive double disc collection rewrote all the rules of the city, mainly by outsourcing the production to different houses, expanding upon the sounds and styles associated with the rapper. Songs like ג€œNotorious Thugsג€ (feat. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony), ג€œFuckin You Tonightג€ (feat. R. Kelly) and ג€œThe World Is Filledג€ (feat. Too Short) showed it was okay for a NYC rapper to market himself to different audiences. After all, he could easily win back the hardrocks with songs like ג€œ10 Crack Commandmentsג€ or ג€œKick In The Doorג€. After that, we began to see every major rapper (Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z) do the same, in a formulaic approach that usually counted on DJ Premier for any respective rapperג€™s one hardcore hip-hop album track. This truly was the blueprint of hip-hop for the last decade.

Prior to this though, you had the Wu-Tang Clan writing the rules on how to make a hip-hop album in New York City, with classic records that featured virtually all in house production. This was an era when rappers defined their own sound, rather than hiring the hottest producers to define it for them. Unfortunately, in the post-Life After Death era, New York City seemed to have lost itג€™s way, and local acts like the Wu-Tang Clan were forced to rethink their strategies on how to create albums. The end result was a bunch of albums that were more concerned with the moment, rather than the legacy.

The music industryג€™s recent implosion is catastrophic on many levels, but one way that it is positive is that it actually encourages artists to make art. Raekwon proved this recently with Only Built For Cuban Linx 2, an album he recorded with no intention of blowing up or crossing over, and ended up producing the strongest piece of work to come from the Wu-Tang Clan in years. Quick to cash in on itג€™s success, Def Jam reunited Raekwon, Ghostface, and Method Man for a group project, allowing the trio to create a rugged hip-hop album, untainted by mountain climbing, electric-guitar playing, A&Rג€™s.

As expected, the final product satisfies on every level, in a neatly packaged 30 minute LP that shows off tight production and razor sharp rhymes. It begins with a pair of sequel records that ג€“ in a rare occurrence ג€“ actually live up to their predecessors. ג€œCriminology 2.5″ is a tweeked version of the original track, as Ghost and Meth pay homage to Raekwonג€™s original, while the rematch ג€œMeth Vs. Chef 2″ completely outdoes the original with a dramatic track that ends in momma jokes.

The brief guest appearances on the record help round things like any Wu-Tang LP, keeping things interesting. The pimped out ג€œSmooth Sailingג€ features a blistering verse from Street Life, while Solomon Childs delivers a hook more raw than anything Gucci Mane could muster. Later, the Scram Jones produced ג€œYoungstown Hiestג€ is a well planned caper flick, directed by Ghostface Killah, Sheek Louch, and Trife Da God.

The production here is classic Wu-Tang, even if little handled by RZA. ג€œMirandaג€ for instance is a hypnotic Mathematics banger, while ג€œDangerousג€ employs what sounds like an Olג€™ Dirty vocal sample as the trio slides comfortably into their element. But the crown jewel is the lead single ג€œOur Dreamsג€, where RZA outshines them all by samurai chopping a Michael Jackson sample into raw Shaolin goodness. That non-album Alicia Keys Ant Acid remix version also knocks.

Yes, this is a bit of a rush job, but you wouldnג€™t know it, as we havenג€™t seen consistancy from the Wu like this in years. The missing element of symbolic kung fu flim samples throughout the album may have tied it all together a little better than say, a Tracy Morgan skit, but in a package this tight, there isnג€™t a track worth skipping. While heads may complain about the albumג€™s brief playtime, weג€™ll take an incredible 30 minute listen over a lackluster 74 minute snoozer anytime. Prepare yourselves, a second Wu-Tang dynasty may be upon us.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

I enjoyed it. Wasn't incredible, but was more than solid.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I'm diggin this shit! I like every song so far. fuck the world, i'm really into this shit.

:wutang: !
indeed