Is Noreaga a Top 10 MC?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Gyangsta 4 Life

Is Noreaga a Top 10 MC?

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

I've never even downloaded a Nore album, but duuk is clearly on a higher algebra these days.

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyuCXbOUoSA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyuCXbOUoSA&hl ... 0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntsOSjq8LvE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntsOSjq8LvE&hl ... 0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Armageddon - Its Over Ft Fat Joe and Nore.mp3 - 8.3Kb

DiMidio

Post by DiMidio »

He's not, but him, and another with his partner Capone, got 2 of the best albums from the late 90's.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Pretty noble of him to return to that ol' New York Rap after his reggaeton career faded.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

Thun wrote:Pretty noble of him to return to that ol' New York Rap after his reggaeton career faded.

:mods:

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

Stop asking dumb ass questions. Period.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

:rofl: X a million @ noreaga being a top ten MC. Escobar = :retard:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Blood Money
Married to Marijuana
Norematti

Three of my favorite cuts from any artist.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Really this thread was made?
Really this thread was allowed?
Really this thread wasn't modded?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

No, but Noreaga is great. Especially recently he's been great.

And he was great on the War Report too.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Comedy Quaddafi

Any insider hoodinfo on whether Trag wrote all his verses during that era?

so many quotables

kid you on pluto, homo'd out just like menudo

snatch purse, go to church?
yo thats not me, mami im cursed

large body vest, yo allah u akbar
look pa, now im set

Fuck yes
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Any insider hoodinfo on whether Trag wrote all his verses during that era?

so many quotables

kid you on pluto, homo'd out just like menudo

snatch purse, go to church?
yo thats not me, mami im cursed

large body vest, yo allah u akbar
look pa, now im set

Fuck yes
Noreaga claimed he wrote for Tragedy on his diss record to him. I don't really buy that.

I mean, who knows? I'm sure it's a situation where they both helped each other. Honestly, Tragedy aint about none of that shit he was rapping, Noreaga was definitely about what he was rapping, so I'm sure that extra thuggery shit Tragedy was doing on the War Report was him being influenced by Noreaga.

Comedy Quaddafi

Interesting because from what I know War Report is the first time Trag was really rapping street like that. Perhaps you're right, I guess they knocked it out in collaboration and brought the best out in eachother, that's maybe why it's [WR] so great - or one of the reasons.
- MB

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Interesting because from what I know War Report is the first time Trag was really rapping street like that. Perhaps you're right, I guess they knocked it out in collaboration and brought the best out in eachother, that's maybe why it's [WR] so great - or one of the reasons.
Exactly. It was. That's why it was probably a situation where Tragedy's style was being influenced by Noreaga, and Noreaga got helped on how to form verses by Tragedy.

Either way, it made for one of my favorite records.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

first off lol at nore being a top ten rapper. have you listened to him rap? im not even coming here to hate, i've bought multiple records by him but do you really have a hard time thinking of ten artists who rap better than that?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7fEE2MIhhk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7fEE2MIhhk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

step one

Post by step one »

I like Nore but he'd probably have a hard time making a Top 100 let alone Top 10
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Gyangsta 4 Life

Philaflava wrote:Really this thread was made?
Really this thread was allowed?
Really this thread wasn't modded?
:owens:

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

:rofl: Noreaga top 10? War Report was great, but Nore is no where near top 10 status.

step one

Post by step one »

not even in the Top 10 QB rappers actually
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

nigga no

supnick

Post by supnick »

Naysayer wrote:nigga no
:rofl:

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Nah but he been tearing a whole thru everything he touches lately. His verse on "Beauty" still has me like :ohsh:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

yet another rapper that is way better than some of you so-called heads would ever understand or admit...how seriously do you take yourselves? how seriously do you take this music? is there seriously some paradigm of a good rapper in your head that if a person doesn't fit he can't be dope? fuck dope...he can't be entertaining?

nore is more entertaining than 95% of rappers. IT DOESNT' MATTER IF HE SAYS DUMB SHIT AND YOUR FAVORITE RAPPERS SAY SMARTER SHIT. your favorite rappers have no fucking personality. nore circa war report was street and succinct. nore circa 1998 was absolutely hilarious. nore circa reggaeton missed me. nore back now with cuts like the ones posted above are like a nice mix of his war report style with a mix of his hilarious side and on top of all that the mix of "i'm generally a little wiser now that i'm older and fatter and i also have a shitton of experiences to refer to b/c i've been in the game for 15 years" and you got yourself an entertaining rapper.
Nets 2022

Thun

Post by Thun »

Reason wrote:yet another rapper that is way better than some of you so-called heads would ever understand or admit...how seriously do you take yourselves? how seriously do you take this music? is there seriously some paradigm of a good rapper in your head that if a person doesn't fit he can't be dope? fuck dope...he can't be entertaining?

nore is more entertaining than 95% of rappers. IT DOESNT' MATTER IF HE SAYS DUMB SHIT AND YOUR FAVORITE RAPPERS SAY SMARTER SHIT. your favorite rappers have no fucking personality. nore circa war report was street and succinct. nore circa 1998 was absolutely hilarious. nore circa reggaeton missed me. nore back now with cuts like the ones posted above are like a nice mix of his war report style with a mix of his hilarious side and on top of all that the mix of "i'm generally a little wiser now that i'm older and fatter and i also have a shitton of experiences to refer to b/c i've been in the game for 15 years" and you got yourself an entertaining rapper.
Really? NORE is the pinnacle of MCs with personality? You sound like a queer judge at an underground male model runway walk-off.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Reason wrote:yet another rapper that is way better than some of you so-called heads would ever understand or admit...how seriously do you take yourselves? how seriously do you take this music? is there seriously some paradigm of a good rapper in your head that if a person doesn't fit he can't be dope? fuck dope...he can't be entertaining?

dude i like his music but you can't call him a top ten rapper when he can barely rap
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Also, if his peak was on the War Report, he's the worst rapper on that album. By far.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Trademark wrote:<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7fEE2MIhhk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7fEE2MIhhk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
love this song. what soundtrack was this from? it was a good soundtrack is if i remember correctly

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

step one wrote:not even in the Top 10 QB rappers actually
pretty sure capone's the one from queensbridge. noreaga's from lefrak or something like that.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Thun wrote:

Really? NORE is the pinnacle of MCs with personality?
I'd say so, yeah. Ever read a Nore interview?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

ALASKA wrote:
Trademark wrote:<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7fEE2MIhhk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7fEE2MIhhk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
love this song. what soundtrack was this from? it was a good soundtrack is if i remember correctly
BELLY Soundtrack