Anybody peep that Diabolic album, Liar & A Thief??

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

docpacino

Anybody peep that Diabolic album, Liar & A Thief??

Post by docpacino »

Just got done listening to it and it's dope as shit. I always thought he was ill. Best album I heard in a minute. Any thoughts?

anonjondoe

Post by anonjondoe »

i like it

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Not too much anticipation for it, but I'm checking it out now.

Nathan Blaze

Post by Nathan Blaze »

watched the 'i dont wanna rhyme' video

if the whole album is like that i might pass

less multi's and more substance plz

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Horrible album. Vinnie Paz, Canibus and Immortal are the guests, which results in boring MCs with horrible voices. Diabolic raps over the beats IT scrapped and tries to cram multi-syllabic rhymes in every line. The content is that of a former texcee who spent a few hours too many on youtube watching illuminati videos. Corny ass record.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

vermillion wrote:Horrible album. Vinnie Paz, Canibus and Immortal are the guests, which results in boring MCs with horrible voices. Diabolic raps over the beats IT scrapped and tries to cram multi-syllabic rhymes in every line. The content is that of a former texcee who spent a few hours too many on youtube watching illuminati videos. Corny ass record.
:bow: on point....... just like new aotp..... i heard many songs on youtube , - wack shit

dirtee

Post by dirtee »

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

docpacino

Post by docpacino »

Man...I GUESS your right. I didn't really analyze it like that. Great album, not really, garbage, not really.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

if Diabolic was black & rapped like Vado every white boy on here would love it......

Diabolic is a beast, the joints I heard from the album are dope

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

HustleCrowe wrote:if Diabolic was black & rapped like Vado every white boy on here would love it......

Just like if you were black and rapped lik Vado, right? :roll:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Diabolic is cool, I'm just not interested in 2010.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

HustleCrowe wrote:if Diabolic was black & rapped like Vado every white boy on here would love it......

diabolic has skills.
yes.

but beats are pretty cheap..... like records of aotp and similar artists.... its no strange that i see canibus here.... where are wack beats there is canibus.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

hellriser wrote:

diabolic has skills.
yes.

but beats are pretty cheap..... like records of aotp and similar artists.... its no strange that i see canibus here.... where are wack beats there is canibus.

I think the production on the new AOTP album is pretty dope and as for the Diabolic album, from what ive heard the production is ok, nothing spectacular but I haven't heard the whole album yet either.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

Philaflava wrote:Diabolic is cool, I'm just not interested in 2010.

but Gloss what are you interested in? That's the question

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

I dunno how people can listen to this and not say Diabolic is dope, dude destroys the entire track from start to finish.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPvoeNaKUUQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPvoeNaKUUQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

HustleCrowe wrote:I dunno how people can listen to this and not say Diabolic is dope, dude destroys the entire track from start to finish.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPvoeNaKUUQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPvoeNaKUUQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
that song aint bad.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

:lol: at the description of the disc hahahahha

Diabolics long-awaited debut album Liar & a Thief incorporates
various ideals sought by music enthusiasts who hunger for an
aggressive visual depiction of life by an authentic Hip Hop
artist. Flooded with powerful boom bap and cinematic
instrumentals, Diabolic tears through a wide range of subjects
with the same commitment to lyricism which, when combined with
his style, creates a sound that appears no more than once a
decade. This is a rappers rapper, a no-holds-barred lyricist
whose vivid use of words can send a shiver down your spine,
make you laugh, or incite you to start a riot in the streets.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

HustleCrowe wrote:

Maybe something that speaks to me in my older age. Something that isn't so forgettable. It would help if the production was decent. This stuff sounds dated. Time to let that anger go.

This is why most people jock Doom, Andre or Jay Elec. No matter what you say about their skills, they are innovating and always bring something fresh to the table no matter the year. I can't say the same thing about this and I think Diabolic is a good rapper too. Same can be said for Ill Bill or IT.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:rofl:

docpacino

Post by docpacino »

These r the things I meant. By no means is diabolic the next coming of anything. I'm 32 and I guess I feel that the game is so f'd up at times, any hint of that golden era feel. I think rap is all about an mc bragging about how he's the best and will eat any mc who gets in the way. Gotta give credit where it's due. Dudes that give that fresh take are welcome to the ears u feel me?!? If u remember back to 93,94,95, when it seemed like another banger was droppin all the time, or another hungry mc picked up a mic, just seems like that feeling is never gonna come back.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Philaflava wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

Maybe something that speaks to me in my older age. Something that isn't so forgettable. It would help if the production was decent. This stuff sounds dated. Time to let that anger go.

This is why most people jock Doom, Andre or Jay Elec. No matter what you say about their skills, they are innovating and always bring something fresh to the table no matter the year. I can't say the same thing about this and I think Diabolic is a good rapper too. Same can be said for Ill Bill or IT.
True, Diabolic is a decent MC, but obviously can't craft a great song let alone a great album. Ill Bill and IT are both better. The Future is Now and Revolutionary Vol. 2 are actually very good albums, while this corny rapper will probably never make one.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

vermillion wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

True, Diabolic is a decent MC, but obviously can't craft a great song let alone a great album. Ill Bill and IT are both better. The Future is Now and Revolutionary Vol. 2 are actually very good albums, while this corny rapper will probably never make one.
Yeah but I meant how both Bill and IT I listened to years ago but have very little desire today.

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

sure he has multis but only a certain subpopulation of peeps want to listen to this angry rap. its been done time and time again by JMT/AOTP, and if its all you can rap about, it gets stale real quick. Its probably an age thing too...I could tolerate much more of this back in 2001, but I can't listen to these lyrics for more than a minute these days.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Moolah wrote:

:rofl:
:lol:

so pathetic.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

SideNote: Ever notice that more time has passed between Immortal Technique's last album (2003's 'Revolutionary Vol. 2') and now than 'The Chronic' and '2001?' I respect getting the absolute maximum mileage out of a release, but the turnover of a potential fanbase (re: money) in that time in baffling.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:SideNote: Ever notice that more time has passed between Immortal Technique's last album (2003's 'Revolutionary Vol. 2') and now than 'The Chronic' and '2001?' I respect getting the absolute maximum mileage out of a release, but the turnover of a potential fanbase (re: money) in that time in baffling.
I'm pretty positive that you're the only one who noticed this.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:I dunno how people can listen to this and not say Diabolic is dope, dude destroys the entire track from start to finish.

:cheers:

Voss

Post by Voss »

He can "rap" on a technical level.
But shit bores me, honestly.
I can only listen to so much "I'm awesome, here's why" and "I'll beat the shit outta you, here's how" rap.

Not my bag baby.
Nathan Blaze wrote: less multi's and more substance plz

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

You guys are trippin', man. This shit hard. Straight bangers. Front-to-Back. People just hate on dude because of his affiliations.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ywFgqZMcvW0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ywFgqZMcvW0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>