Anybody peep that Diabolic album, Liar & A Thief??

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Voss wrote: If you ever walked up to me and told me you'll go back in time and battle yourself or juggle planets
I talk about shit like this all the time. Thought you knew me better
ive seen him do it.

Voss

Post by Voss »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
Voss wrote: And you're officially throwing a defensive temper tantrum at the age of 34.
Defensive? I'm making a sammich and laughing, dummy.
Voss wrote: If you ever walked up to me and told me you'll go back in time and battle yourself or juggle planets
I talk about shit like this all the time. Thought you knew me better
and I'm eating spaghetti.
Let's stop fighting.
yeshomo

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

ALASKA wrote:dude kicks the same shit thats been kicked hundreds of times before
dudes politics are maddddd flawed
dudes beats are budget
if you want to ride for that shit because he is technically sound go sick. but its the kinda shit that turns me off to rap.
Word, if you want to rap about social issues and politcs, make sure you know what you're talking about. Watching 'Illuminati' videos on youtube doesn't count either. His beats are probably made by someone with a soundclick page and I honestly don't think he's that good technically. I think quite a few people could rap like he does if they wanted to. Rhyming as man words as you can doesn't mean you make good music, or even that you're a good rapper. Future Is Now should probably be the template for these types of rappers..

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:SideNote: Ever notice that more time has passed between Immortal Technique's last album (2003's 'Revolutionary Vol. 2') and now than 'The Chronic' and '2001?' I respect getting the absolute maximum mileage out of a release, but the turnover of a potential fanbase (re: money) in that time in baffling.
^This
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

vermillion wrote:
ALASKA wrote:dude kicks the same shit thats been kicked hundreds of times before
dudes politics are maddddd flawed
dudes beats are budget
if you want to ride for that shit because he is technically sound go sick. but its the kinda shit that turns me off to rap.
Word, if you want to rap about social issues and politcs, make sure you know what you're talking about. Watching 'Illuminati' videos on youtube doesn't count either. His beats are probably made by someone with a soundclick page and I honestly don't think he's that good technically. I think quite a few people could rap like he does if they wanted to. Rhyming as man words as you can doesn't mean you make good music, or even that you're a good rapper. Future Is Now should probably be the template for these types of rappers..
False.

docpacino

Post by docpacino »

In complete honesty, hasn't just about everyones style been done before?

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:SideNote: Ever notice that more time has passed between Immortal Technique's last album (2003's 'Revolutionary Vol. 2') and now than 'The Chronic' and '2001?' I respect getting the absolute maximum mileage out of a release, but the turnover of a potential fanbase (re: money) in that time in baffling.
^This
He put out a new record with Green Lantern in 2008 i think. It was actually really good. That's the last thing that he was promoting.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

Remo the Great wrote:
COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
^This
He put out a new record with Green Lantern in 2008 i think. It was actually really good. That's the last thing that he was promoting.

It also scanned like 40,000+ units in it's first year.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

maclethalcuntfucker wrote:
Remo the Great wrote:
COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
^This

It was not an album though. But yeah, IT's greatest accomplishment to me at this point is that he no longer seems to exist in the same space as other indie artists. He doesn't need to put out albums or work with specific producers or be on a namebrand label or get blog love or even be discussed in a positive light online. He is basically indie-rap's Phish, a large fanbase that will pay for his music or shows, no matter what the trends of the day are.

If he never puts out that follow-up album, it may not even matter.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
Remo the Great wrote:
COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
^This

It was not an album though. But yeah, IT's greatest accomplishment to me at this point is that he no longer seems to exist in the same space as other indie artists. He doesn't need to put out albums or work with specific producers or be on a namebrand label or get blog love or even be discussed in a positive light online. He is basically indie-rap's Phish, a large fanbase that will pay for his music or shows, no matter what the trends of the day are.

If he never puts out that follow-up album, it may not even matter.

exactly, just like Jedi Mind Tricks, La Coka Nostra, Atmosphere , Sage Francis etc etc.....

Indie rap superstar status

It doesn't matter that people on Phila Flava don't like JMT , IT or LCN because they literally have followings of thousands now.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

So does icp

DLG

Post by DLG »

:lol:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

^^^post/sig

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ALASKA wrote:So does icp
thats different though. their fanbase is trying to figure out how magnets work.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
Remo the Great wrote:
COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
^This

It was not an album though.
Yeah, IT made it a point to constantly mention that this WASN'T an album so that it would be criticproof.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

true indeed but their music is terrible & most Juggalos wear Jnco jeans & never heard of Old Spice.

ICP somehow managed to appeal to millions of suburban kids, some rejects, how? I'll never understand but I can't knock their hustle, They are indie millionaires.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

HustleCrowe wrote:
I'll never understand
It has NOTHING to do with magnets.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:
Remo the Great wrote:
COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote: ^This

It was not an album though.
Yeah, IT made it a point to constantly mention that this WASN'T an album so that it would be criticproof.
Bullshit. That was an album. It may have had a little scratching and mixing, but that was an album. artist's really need to stop saying "This ain't an album" when the whole project is new, original songs. if it's in retail stores and getting album reviews, it's an album.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Remo the Great wrote:artists really need to stop saying "This ain't an album" when the whole project is new, original songs. if it's in retail stores and getting album reviews, it's an album.
cosign

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

HustleCrowe wrote:
true indeed but their music is terrible & most Juggalos wear Jnco jeans & never heard of Old Spice.

ICP somehow managed to appeal to millions of suburban kids, some rejects, how? I'll never understand but I can't knock their hustle, They are indie millionaires.
change millions to thousands, and jnco to carharts and you got the coka fan base, and if you add trust fund college kids who are angry at their parents politics to it you get the technique fan base.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

change millions to thousands, and jnco to carharts and you got the coka fan base, and if you add trust fund college kids who are angry at their parents politics to it you get the technique fan base.

i have to strongly disagree with both of these statements.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

ok, doesnt change it

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:

ok, doesnt change it

would it be better if their fanbases were angry Hip Hop elitists like 90 % of this message board? Or maybe 14 year old Hipsters who also enjoy Wocka Flocka & Lil Wayne?

Who gives a fuck, they have fans don't they? They make Independent rap music, they don't have to make popcorn bullshit to make money, I don't see why thats wrong?

Matter of fact if you want to talk about fanbases, I went to the House Of Pain/La Coka Nostra show at the Worcester Palladium about a month ago, The whole place was sold out & it's a big venue, yes there were some herbs there, but there were also a whole lot of crazy drunken rowdy Irish mafuckas & goons. Some kid threw a drink at Ill Bill & got beat down right in front of the stage. That's my kind of crowd & i'd be happy to have that as a fanbase.

Most kids in the hood nowadays only want to hear Weezy & Rick Ross or whatever is " poppin in da club yo" , Ive seen Immortal Tech perform 3 times, opened for him once & each time the crowd was very diverse ranging from white college kids to latinos.

I dunno about you, but i'd rather be on tour making money, maybe performing in front of college kids every night than sitting at a desk complaining about Hip Hop on Phila Flava.

Instead of complaining about Immortal Tech & Diabolic, you should be complaining about how Drake has a record deal & is a millionaire while you have to work a 9 to 5.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote: true indeed but their music is terrible & most Juggalos wear Jnco jeans & never heard of Old Spice.

ok, doesnt change it

would it be better if their fanbases were angry Hip Hop elitists like 90 % of this message board? Or maybe 14 year old Hipsters who also enjoy Wocka Flocka & Lil Wayne?

Who gives a fuck, they have fans don't they? They make Independent rap music, they don't have to make popcorn bullshit to make money, I don't see why thats wrong?

Matter of fact if you want to talk about fanbases, I went to the House Of Pain/La Coka Nostra show at the Worcester Palladium about a month ago, The whole place was sold out & it's a big venue, yes there were some herbs there, but there were also a whole lot of crazy drunken rowdy Irish mafuckas & goons. Some kid threw a drink at Ill Bill & got beat down right in front of the stage. That's my kind of crowd & i'd be happy to have that as a fanbase.

Most kids in the hood nowadays only want to hear Weezy & Rick Ross or whatever is " poppin in da club yo" , Ive seen Immortal Tech perform 3 times, opened for him once & each time the crowd was very diverse ranging from white college kids to latinos.

I dunno about you, but i'd rather be on tour making money, maybe performing in front of college kids every night than sitting at a desk complaining about Hip Hop on Phila Flava.

Instead of complaining about Immortal Tech & Diabolic, you should be complaining about how Drake has a record deal & is a millionaire while you have to work a 9 to 5.

LOLzers. You still haven't figured out yet that you're expendable? Since 2010 is that year, let's just say it: You will never find success in rap. Aside from the fact that you're too dumb to understand the difference between gross and net, you bring nothing of worth to the table. A lot of us are likely content laughing at cats like you and complaining about hip hop overall without offering up any solutions to attach to our complaints. How old are you? 23? Something like that? You're better off going to a vocational school and acquiring a trade.

I think everyone here agrees you possess the ability to rap. Mansfield is the only person I've ever seen publicly admitting to taking you seriously, though. But is it anything I'm going to care about three hours from now? All the cats you've mentioned do what you do better than you do it and have done it better (no homo) for a much longer time. And the sad thing is that instead of getting on your own dick, you're on Ill Bill's dick because him and a dainty gaggle of goons beat the shit out of some beer-chuking retard. That's literally cool to you? That's cool on YouTube, watching people catch beatings.

You don't have a manager. You don't have publishing. You don't have any original recordings of yours properly copywritten. You don't have a booking agent. You don't have a sustainable and constantly growing fanbase. You don't have a legitimate imprint of your own. You don't have a deal with an existing legitimate imprint. You don't have a booking agency. You don't have a publicist. So while you may be able to rap on beat and do it very well in the process, you're a hobbyist. In this day and age why cats don't have their shit together is beyond me.

Also, what compels me to listen to Lord Willin'? You're convinced that Diabolic is the second coming (nh) of Chomsky and that IT is ahead of his time. All you'll be doing is regurgitating the incessant bullshit those cats (and their ilk) spit. Seriously, when did white kids from Rhode Island start casually wearing pastel kaffiyehs?

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

Employee wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote: change millions to thousands, and jnco to carharts and you got the coka fan base, and if you add trust fund college kids who are angry at their parents politics to it you get the technique fan base.

ok, doesnt change it

LOLzers. You still haven't figured out yet that you're expendable? Since 2010 is that year, let's just say it: You will never find success in rap. Aside from the fact that you're too dumb to understand the difference between gross and net, you bring nothing of worth to the table. A lot of us are likely content laughing at cats like you and complaining about hip hop overall without offering up any solutions to attach to our complaints. How old are you? 23? Something like that? You're better off going to a vocational school and acquiring a trade.

I think everyone here agrees you possess the ability to rap. Mansfield is the only person I've ever seen publicly admitting to taking you seriously, though. But is it anything I'm going to care about three hours from now? All the cats you've mentioned do what you do better than you do it and have done it better (no homo) for a much longer time. And the sad thing is that instead of getting on your own dick, you're on Ill Bill's dick because him and a dainty gaggle of goons beat the shit out of some beer-chuking retard. That's literally cool to you? That's cool on YouTube, watching people catch beatings.

You don't have a manager. You don't have publishing. You don't have any original recordings of yours properly copywritten. You don't have a booking agent. You don't have a sustainable and constantly growing fanbase. You don't have a legitimate imprint of your own. You don't have a deal with an existing legitimate imprint. You don't have a booking agency. You don't have a publicist. So while you may be able to rap on beat and do it very well in the process, you're a hobbyist. In this day and age why cats don't have their shit together is beyond me.

Also, what compels me to listen to Lord Willin'? You're convinced that Diabolic is the second coming (nh) of Chomsky and that IT is ahead of his time. All you'll be doing is regurgitating the incessant bullshit those cats (and their ilk) spit. Seriously, when did white kids from Rhode Island start casually wearing pastel kaffiyehs?

I thought B.Dolan already went over this with you....... aren't you wheel chair bound?

You literally live for PHILA FLAVA & nothing else......Gloss you should start paying Employee, seriously, he's up 24/7 waiting for someone who actually raps to post, so he can compose a thesis on why they won't ever be successful, like he did to B.Dolan, but where is B.Dolan right now? Touring the world, making money.......... ohhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaah

You might want to have someone wheel you off of a cliff

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Drake is dope.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:Drake is dope.

Drake is extremely overrated

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

HustleCrowe wrote:
iCONtheMicKing wrote:Drake is dope.
Drake is extremely overrated
:larry:
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote: true indeed but their music is terrible & most Juggalos wear Jnco jeans & never heard of Old Spice.

ok, doesnt change it

you have contridicted yourself about 5 times here.

and this was hilarious
HustleCrowe wrote:Ive seen Immortal Tech perform 3 times, opened for him once & each time the crowd was very diverse ranging from white college kids to latinos.
indeed, very

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HustleCrowe wrote:
Employee wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:
ok, doesnt change it

I thought B.Dolan already went over this with you....... aren't you wheel chair bound?

You literally live for PHILA FLAVA & nothing else......Gloss you should start paying Employee, seriously, he's up 24/7 waiting for someone who actually raps to post, so he can compose a thesis on why they won't ever be successful, like he did to B.Dolan, but where is B.Dolan right now? Touring the world, making money.......... ohhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaah

You might want to have someone wheel you off of a cliff
Cartman, you can say whatever you want about me. It doesn't change the fact that you are a total laughing stock trying to balance the highwire between Leviathan and LCN.

Reitirating:
-No manager, agent, booking agency, label, label deal, tours under your belt (nh), groupies, original content, publishing or paydays

Everything about you is manufactured. From your syllables to your scarves. You suck local talent's dick in the hopes that someone will pay enough attention to you and generate a Lord Willin'-related tweet. Your future is Abercrombie & Fitch sponsorships when Ackbar finally convinces them to produce a street wear line for winters.