Eminem - "Recovery" - June 22nd

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

i like most the beats but how someone can think these choruses are good enough to be put on an album is fucked

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

This is like coming out of the closet through music if you ask me

He actually does murder the shit on that Just Blaze song though

probably never listen to this crap again

Deviant283

Post by Deviant283 »

cold wind blows - seein some places say that jake one did this beat. either way its dope, kinda sounds similar to deja vu from relapse.

talkin 2 myself - fuck this song.

on fire - beat is dope. parts of ems second verse are dope. nothin special otherwise.

wont back down - great beat. dont even mind pink on this. em is blah.

w.t.p. - "i shut the club down like drake in the mall"...fuck this song.

going through changes - emo shit. ozzy. fuck this song.

not afraid - fuck this song.

seduction - fuck this song.

no love - exactly what everyone didnt want to hear from just blaze. synth shit. was hopin for a retarded banger. sample is jokes. ems verse surprised me though, he tore that shit down.

space bound - the fuck? fuck this song.

cinderella man - like the beat. em is whatever. whatever.

25 to life - more emo shit. on top of that another relationshp song about hip hop. fuck this song.

so bad - gee thanks, dre.

almost famous - might be my favorite song on the album. sounds like a khalil beat. a monster. chick on the chorus will do. i like the feel of this record.

the way you lie - rihanna dont sound like rihanna which is the only good thing about this shit. fuck this song.

your never over - would be a decent song to end the album if the album were good.

here we go - nothin special but i like it better than 90% of the songs on the actual album.

at least some of the beats are good but most of these songs are as corny as it gets. that rihanna song probably should have just been for rihanna. his flow is still and will probably always be fantastic though. at least he has that.

supnick

Post by supnick »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote: I don't know but hopefully he continues with the "re" series and follows recovery up with retirement.
:rofl:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote:Image

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

rate me AFTER you hear 'Jupiter' :ignore:
Mo Cheeks wrote:This is like coming out of the closet through music if you ask me

He actually does murder the shit on that Just Blaze song though

probably never listen to this crap again
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Em been coming out the closet since Eminem Show :lol:

"i'm past bluffing/ pass the K-Y, let's get ready for some intense serious ass fucking" :ohsh: :lbass: :omar: :roper: :omggay:

i haven't heard 'Recovery' yet, but I'm afraid to. i forced myself to listen to "No Love" today, and I'm baffled by it's existence. Eminem musta been like "ok Justin, I want you to take the LAST SONG ON EARTH ANYONE WOULD EVER SAMPLE, and make something semi-decent out of it, so me and Lil Wayne can spit insane bars on it. Thanks". Shit is bizarro world music, so much of what I hear from Eminem sounds like a joke that he takes way too serious. Dude is now just playing himself, while simultaneously playing the world for fools, with his dick in their mouth... and ass (ayo).

when Eminem sits down to write a song, it's all too often just :bunk:

when he's just writing bars to spit freestyle, it's still sometimes :hooray:

rap is fucking out of control.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

I think eminem raps 5000% cooler and better than ALL the post 2000 MCs
on this album. AND also, he explains why he is on that level.

IF ANY MCs UNDERSTAND THE REASONS why eminem says what he does and why he rapped they way he did all those times since his first album,
THE IGNORANT FOOLS WOULD UNDERSTAND (mabye?) that when you are EMINEM, you HAVE the experience of writing 500 songs, and are looking for new territory to rap about. He says something to that effect on 'no love'. Bored billionaire lyricist. I can rap SO GOOD, it is not even worth my time to battle any of you PUNK ROOKIES, like the million dumb rappers/fans that think they can rap better than eminem, or that he sucks, or that he still isn't better than 85% of the wackness the crowd cheers for....crap freestylers and money rap and all.

then,

eminem just does what true mcs do. Kick complex wordplay patterns or intricate descriptive art scenery over 4-12+ lines of a verse.
not 1-2 abc raps on a computer, that any person with A MOUTH can sing.

I bet most everybody CAN'T rap 97% of eminem's extra wicked lyrical songs....perfectly like him? no. You can't compare to him verbally

some of the things eminem talks about are repetitive or reused, but he just needs to explore his literaturial nature and create more diverse songs
For sure tho, HE PROVED on 'Recovery' that, HE CAN RAP BETTER THAN 99% OF ALL YOU IDIOTS. not rapping about important social issues or scientific knowledge, or hiphop history and having things like graffitti or b-boys and DJs or shit (he IS in the hiphop culture, under the solo rap category....) but he is doing more of the things he wanted to do. Be crazy hardcore. Just rapping rugged shit. If you dis that, you're a clown that don't know how to relate to this MC thing.

hahaha. make a song about internet complaining and e-mailing pictures.
don't think MCs need to please fans stupid desires, cuz they are 'buying' the MC/label's music. If you don't like what the MC took energy from their LIFE to craft for you, MAKE SOME BETTER SHIT THEN, YOUR DAMN SELF.

if you such a good CRITIC of art, you should know how to MAKE it, too. (mabye not tho...)

but then only irrelevants talk shit from nowhere and get joy out of dumbness. like they worth more than what they hate. not at all.

i think eminem is a true dude and came with some fatter BEATS for once.
he was really synthetic electronic in the past. in a formulaic sellout way.

some manly beats with hard, dirty drums is what was needed.

he had to simplify it for those who's head he went over. Meanings of words

now nas, if he ever wants to get people DANCING to his music, he might wanna try some deeper, heavier PRODUCTION. nas' beats usually are so weak, the song is a waste, no matter WHAT he is saying lyrically....
Street's Disciple, for example.(was that an accapella album?)

Busta is just TOO HARDCORE for weak punk bitches. a little too much money rap and chorus loops, but his attitude and style are still unique and original. He can also rap better and faster than ALL OF YOU, but twista and ludacris, so until you are tighter and nicer with the mic, keep complaining and hating on the MCs you betray with your irrelevant opinion
-Busta is funny, smart, pro-black culture, streetsmart, and righteous.
I THINK THAT's WHY PEOPLE HATE HIM. his righteousness....and looks. :)

obviously he got more tricks up his sleeve. Hey, Flipmode and Leaders of the New School are still better albums than ALL OF THE 2000's decade, so let history be documented as classic perfection and wait until he outdoes his old ultra accomplishments. I love him for all of eternity. Supportively.
and that is a public declaration of well-known FACT. just my opinion. me-

He got 'Extinction Level Event 2'. can you see what hiphop MCs are doing?
extending their catalogues depths. and bring back old shit they don't wanna forget, while showing the newer young crowds what they missed from back in the day when they weren't even ALIVE or IN this culture..

and then I just read today at hiphopdx that Busta joined that new supergroup called "Supreme Team".

a group with these supposed members....
-Fabolous
-Nicki Minaj
-Rick Ross
-Diddy
-Khaled
-Busta

if that shit gets done on a INTERNATIONALLY MASSIVE commercial power level with hardcore lyricism, then it will be another good hiphop culture success.

if those MCs were dumb enough, and gave a fuck about nonsence, they could do songs with topics based on thoughts like, 'you never had a hit song, rookie artist and make no money and nobody likes your art, no one cares for you, and you just think you are good cuz you can compare and complain....who can't. Get to our level and see what EARNING RESPECT from the industry is like.'

none of the 90s legends fell off. they either disappeared or the ones that were shitty at rapping, still rap and STILL suck, like they always do/did, as usual. Ja Rule, Juelz Santana, Jay Z (who is THE nas style biter), etc.
the ones that still rap, (busta, common, rakim, ice cube, redman, Dre, snoop, RZA, Noreaga, Mobb Deep, Kool G Rap, Buckshot, Foxy Brown, Lil Kim+) just got so rich and famous that EVERYBODY HATES THEM. and they made too much music, so some of them got lost in the art....but can always make classic song when they are supposed to...if you are really a truly good artist, you almost have to TRY to suck, to make a bad song.

some of them get lazy, but, yo, give them a break...ever do what they do?

eminem is a nigger (like me).
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

:didntread:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Conspiracy wrote:eminem is a nigger (like me).

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

and another thing that is bullshit is,
the way people sometimes talk like 'MY' rapper/artist.

do you OWN this artist, you are mentioning? are you their parent?

I guess only a FAN would say, 'yeah, MY eminem is not the one I loved'...

eminem knows you like the other 9,999,999 strangers that buy his CDs

sing along and stay out they way.....give good comments and respectful criticism, not jock-riding bitch-assness faggotry. it makes MCs DIS you.

and it looks like with all this 'hiphop age limit' talk, these kids are trying to sneakily steal hiphop ITSELF as a doable culture, away from the original artists that spent the last 30 years building the foundation and history, plus the economics and corporate strategizing....kid(s), stay in your place.

the old men will let you little boys play with our mics after we are all done with the shows, (for OUR older fans that listen and participate, still, too) and you EARN the respect it took, and STILL takes to be able to rap live on stage, claiming hiphop MC.

fuck the punk bitch youth that are trying to say they got more clout in the decision making of this business. fuck 'em. relate to the experienced teaching their lessons to you, when they want you to continue the knowledge sciences and style history of this party entertainment culture called HIPHOP.

in 5 years , if the legends all reunite BIG TIME, will you contradict yourselves AGAIN, and say, 'oh I love them again! they back to being good.' that is what one would call A FAIR WEATHER FRIEND. weak bitch shit.

i guess mindless clowns can't remember a song past last year. WHO?
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

just blaze did the cold wind blows beat...

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

thekeentwo wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:eminem is a nigger (like me).
:lol:

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Conspiracy wrote:I think eminem raps 5000% cooler and better than ALL the post 2000 MCs
on this album. AND also, he explains why he is on that level.

IF ANY MCs UNDERSTAND THE REASONS why eminem says what he does and why he rapped they way he did all those times since his first album,
THE IGNORANT FOOLS WOULD UNDERSTAND (mabye?) that when you are EMINEM, you HAVE the experience of writing 500 songs, and are looking for new territory to rap about. He says something to that effect on 'no love'. Bored billionaire lyricist. I can rap SO GOOD, it is not even worth my time to battle any of you PUNK ROOKIES, like the million dumb rappers/fans that think they can rap better than eminem, or that he sucks, or that he still isn't better than 85% of the wackness the crowd cheers for....crap freestylers and money rap and all.

then,

eminem just does what true mcs do. Kick complex wordplay patterns or intricate descriptive art scenery over 4-12+ lines of a verse.
not 1-2 abc raps on a computer, that any person with A MOUTH can sing.

I bet most everybody CAN'T rap 97% of eminem's extra wicked lyrical songs....perfectly like him? no. You can't compare to him verbally

some of the things eminem talks about are repetitive or reused, but he just needs to explore his literaturial nature and create more diverse songs
For sure tho, HE PROVED on 'Recovery' that, HE CAN RAP BETTER THAN 99% OF ALL YOU IDIOTS. not rapping about important social issues or scientific knowledge, or hiphop history and having things like graffitti or b-boys and DJs or shit (he IS in the hiphop culture, under the solo rap category....) but he is doing more of the things he wanted to do. Be crazy hardcore. Just rapping rugged shit. If you dis that, you're a clown that don't know how to relate to this MC thing.

hahaha. make a song about internet complaining and e-mailing pictures.
don't think MCs need to please fans stupid desires, cuz they are 'buying' the MC/label's music. If you don't like what the MC took energy from their LIFE to craft for you, MAKE SOME BETTER SHIT THEN, YOUR DAMN SELF.

if you such a good CRITIC of art, you should know how to MAKE it, too. (mabye not tho...)

but then only irrelevants talk shit from nowhere and get joy out of dumbness. like they worth more than what they hate. not at all.

i think eminem is a true dude and came with some fatter BEATS for once.
he was really synthetic electronic in the past. in a formulaic sellout way.

some manly beats with hard, dirty drums is what was needed.

he had to simplify it for those who's head he went over. Meanings of words

now nas, if he ever wants to get people DANCING to his music, he might wanna try some deeper, heavier PRODUCTION. nas' beats usually are so weak, the song is a waste, no matter WHAT he is saying lyrically....
Street's Disciple, for example.(was that an accapella album?)

Busta is just TOO HARDCORE for weak punk bitches. a little too much money rap and chorus loops, but his attitude and style are still unique and original. He can also rap better and faster than ALL OF YOU, but twista and ludacris, so until you are tighter and nicer with the mic, keep complaining and hating on the MCs you betray with your irrelevant opinion
-Busta is funny, smart, pro-black culture, streetsmart, and righteous.
I THINK THAT's WHY PEOPLE HATE HIM. his righteousness....and looks. :)

obviously he got more tricks up his sleeve. Hey, Flipmode and Leaders of the New School are still better albums than ALL OF THE 2000's decade, so let history be documented as classic perfection and wait until he outdoes his old ultra accomplishments. I love him for all of eternity. Supportively.
and that is a public declaration of well-known FACT. just my opinion. me-

He got 'Extinction Level Event 2'. can you see what hiphop MCs are doing?
extending their catalogues depths. and bring back old shit they don't wanna forget, while showing the newer young crowds what they missed from back in the day when they weren't even ALIVE or IN this culture..

and then I just read today at hiphopdx that Busta joined that new supergroup called "Supreme Team".

a group with these supposed members....
-Fabolous
-Nicki Minaj
-Rick Ross
-Diddy
-Khaled
-Busta

if that shit gets done on a INTERNATIONALLY MASSIVE commercial power level with hardcore lyricism, then it will be another good hiphop culture success.

if those MCs were dumb enough, and gave a fuck about nonsence, they could do songs with topics based on thoughts like, 'you never had a hit song, rookie artist and make no money and nobody likes your art, no one cares for you, and you just think you are good cuz you can compare and complain....who can't. Get to our level and see what EARNING RESPECT from the industry is like.'

none of the 90s legends fell off. they either disappeared or the ones that were shitty at rapping, still rap and STILL suck, like they always do/did, as usual. Ja Rule, Juelz Santana, Jay Z (who is THE nas style biter), etc.
the ones that still rap, (busta, common, rakim, ice cube, redman, Dre, snoop, RZA, Noreaga, Mobb Deep, Kool G Rap, Buckshot, Foxy Brown, Lil Kim+) just got so rich and famous that EVERYBODY HATES THEM. and they made too much music, so some of them got lost in the art....but can always make classic song when they are supposed to...if you are really a truly good artist, you almost have to TRY to suck, to make a bad song.

some of them get lazy, but, yo, give them a break...ever do what they do?

eminem is a nigger (like me).
when you type stuff like this, do you think anyone is actually going to read the whole thing?

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

Link, anyone?
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

jesus , somebody really likes eminem here

Freezy Pazzy

Post by Freezy Pazzy »

Damn, this album is terrible, and nowhere near what I expected after "Relapse".
I'll buy "Donnie Brasco" instead, no doubt.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

no way, Conspiracy.
on one level, critics are useless fucks. :lol: which is why I never took my album reviews too seriously (even though I know my fucking shit more than most and didn't ever write a review with poisionous biased agenda)
but on another level, if an artist can criticize the world with their art, everyone in the world has the right to criticize BOTH the artist and the art they make.

art is food for the world. and anyone can critique the flavor of the meal.
they may not have a well informed critique, or they might.
and sure opinions are just that, opinions.
but when people are honest, truth reigns supreme.

50 Cent was a better competitor than Ja Rule, and essentially took out Ja Rule from the rap game. Fact, not really opinion.

Eminem has gone through a lot of ups and downs personally and creatively in the last few years, and now he doesn't seem to satisfy many of his listeners with his lyrics anymore. Fact, not really opinion.

people will always listen to him, sure. and you and any of his diehards can defend him all you want. jam to 'Relapse' and 'Recovery' simultaneously if you want.

i recognize and respect his skill and his achievements, but that doesn't mean i want to hear the juvenile things he rhymes about constantly. accept that you want something different from your music than others, and leave it. don't need to get on this high and mighty horse proclaiming people who don't like this new Eminem music are idiots.

technically, his rhyming is better than ever. Eminem is one of the best technical vocalists in the whole world. but his music DOES NOT SPEAK TO MANY. Eminem is isolated in a heavenly hellish fantasy world of his own creation, disconnected from most of hip hop culture and most normal people. His rapping was great on 'Relapse'. His subject matter was atrocious. It appears the same way on 'Recovery'.

both people need to accept responsibility for change.

Canibus wasn't a useless waste worth ignoring forever, but he's gotta admit that some of his beat choices were not so great, and that it's partially his own fault why he fell off the heights he was at with Wyclef and Universal Records.

Eminem's abnormal personal life is officially fucking up his rap music. Compared to the amazing MC who said "you gonna take advice from someone who slapped Dee Barnes?!", he's losing himself, no pun intended.

of course this is just my opinion. I ain't a hater, I still bump his music.

but I find myself jamming to this Marshall Mathers more:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nb3hjBEgprA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nb3hjBEgprA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

1. Cold Wind Blows (Produced by Just Blaze)
2. Talkinג€™ 2 Myself Feat. Kobe (Produced by DJ Khalil)
3. On Fire (Produced by Mr. Porter)
4. Wonג€™t Back Down Feat. P!nk (Produced by DJ Khalil)
5. W.T.P. (Produced by Supa Dups)
6. Going Through Changes (Produced by Emile Haynie)
7. Not Afraid (Produced by Boi-1da)
8. Seduction (Produced by Boi-1da)
9. No Love Feat. Lil Wayne (Produced by Just Blaze)
10. Space Bound (Produced by Jim Jonsin)
11. Cinderella Man (Produced by Script Shepherd)
12. 25 To Life (Produced by DJ Khalil)
13. So Bad (Produced by Dr. Dre & Nick Brongers)
14. Almost Famous (Produced by DJ Khalil)
15. Love the Way You Lie Feat Rihanna (Produced by Alex Da Kid)
16. Youג€™re Never Over (Produced by Just Blaze)
Bonus track: Untitled (Produced by Havoc)

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Dr Beat is sick, the raps are horrible though

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Eminem has one of the best flows of all time. But he only raps about like 4 topics on this whole album. I barely even hear him talking about his Recovery from his drug addiction. And 'Cinderella Man' is one of the weirdest fucking rap songs ever made. I'm listening to '25 to Life' and totally am like :naswtf: about who Eminem is in 2010.

rap is outta control

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

man, Marshall's life is fucked up. this CD is a mix of some of his best rhyming and his laziest metaphors, with a variety of views into his twisted and tortured psyche. He still got it, but he got some -other- shit too, and only he can save himself. That last song 'Untitled' is the best rap song on the CD, basically, and is the 'Underground' of 'Recovery'. 'Going Through Changes' is his 2010 'Stan', and 'Love The Way You Lie' is 2010 'Beautiful'/'Mockingbird'/'Hailie's Song'/etc. He only has 3 songs in his repertoire now. He's certainly running on fumes as a songwriter.

That being said, he still can flow like nobody's business, and often makes the most out of the emptiest lines. Also, the tribute to Proof starts off a little wtf, then gets really fucking honest and dignified. It's good there's barely any sluggish Dr. Dre beats on this disc, but Eminem's beat selection sounds too much like his production, and this stuff is just... weird. Some of it is interesting, but the rest? Not so much.

Eminem is a living legend lost in his own legacy. He's really on some Elvis/Michael Jackson insane genius shit now.

something drastic has to happen to get the old 2000-era Eminem back. we probably never will though.

rap is definitely fucking out of control

slack

Post by slack »

mindbender, no-one will ever take you seriously as anything as long as you type 1000 word posts on philaflava that make no sense and basically give off the impression of mental illness

for your own sake shut the fuck up

supnick

Post by supnick »

was havoc's mpc confiscated as evidence in prodigy's gun case or something?

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

slack wrote:mindbender, no-one will ever take you seriously as anything as long as you type 1000 word posts on philaflava that make no sense and basically give off the impression of mental illness

for your own sake shut the fuck up
for your own sake get your fucking weight up before you become the 293248930284th clone on the board to say the same shit about mindbender, n00b.

HOW ORIGINALS YOU IZ MY GOOD SIR

IsleOfWhites

Post by IsleOfWhites »

serious fucking business
drizzle wrote: if you showed this kind of excellent timing and gif selection every time nobody would ever give you shit

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

yo, to celebrate the Marshall Math of old, I now present the REAL video for 'Kim', proudly re-enacted by the random pasteoids and paste-negroid Stans and Stangelinas of America. its a YouTube WTP!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYKMRY5Rr9I&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYKMRY5Rr9I&hl ... 2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gotta love Bizarre's stunt double laying there dead with a slit throat :rofl:

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Hi! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I think? Whatever. Go fuck yourself!

Huh, I'm a little surprised that you guys hate this shit so much, being that 99% of you are white suburbanites such as myself (you are too Mindbender!), and Eminem was a quasi-hero to you about a decade ago. While I don't nessassarily agree that this is the comeback that everyone was looking for, I completely disagree on the "it's a steaming pile of shit" front.
I downloaded this and Drake longplayer, and one things for sure "Thank Me Later" is that pile of shit that you might think it would be.

Let's compare these two cock smokers and their latest efforts a lil bitsy. Drake sounds like Lil Wayne without the sizzurp and blunts, so, in effect, like complete shit. His flow is snooze-worthy, and god forbid he go offbeat or change the pace up a smidgeon. Want some wack hooks? Look no further. Want a variety of topics? Look elsewhere. This guys like the fucking rapping Sarah Mclauchlin but I'd suspect her vagina is tighter.

So back to Marshal and this "Recovery" jawn. Uh, firstly, propers for the the album artwork, that shiz is kinda tight! Love the "glass case of emotion," shouts out to Burgandy and the whole Channel Five News Team.
So, on first listen, I thought, wow, he sounds hungry but some of these hooks, are kinda horrible. However, this shits really growing on me and you'd be hard pressed to find a better full length effort from duke since 1999. No topics? Well not quite, I mean, Proof did die and Em visits that a view times, he's bounces back and forth about his steady diet of Percocet and he visits the played out Kim topic, but from a different angle - he didn't mention her name! As if we can't figure it out. Sheeeit. But, sayin though, these hooks kind of grow on you, and the rapping is, technically, about as proficient as you may ever here. In your life. Take it from me, a man who's been listening to hip-hop for 25 years, you won't find a better rapper. And topics? What the fuck do rappers really fucking talk about anyways. Fuck. Come the fuck on man - if you're going to argue that this guy has nothing to talk about, look no further than any fucking Wu Tang record, including Cuban Linx 2 and tell me that these forty something motherfuckers are rapping about anything new. Ever. Yes Jay Electronica is fresh. Yes Nas and Slick Rick can tell stories. Yes Kool G. Rap can spit. Yes KRS fell of in 1994 and yes "The Marshall Mathers LP" will never be topped by anyone calling themselves Eminem. Having said that, this album is pretty good. And these hooks are no cornier than anything anyone else is putting out. Sorry. You're wrong. Hey, there's nothing wrong with making accessible music. Don't forget that Eminem isn't just trying to appease the Hot 97 market, like, say, Jay Elec, he's kinda got the world to think about. He's sort of in that Lil Wayne/Kanye West market the market that Drake desperately wants to be in - it's a shame he's so wack.
Anyways, in closing, "Recovery" is good and you people typically just like to shit on things like new records by rap artists, and anyone named Mindbender Futurama, and any topic which doesn't include Jay Electronica, but that may change soon. So, basically everything. I get it. Go hug your mom, or turn on your Wii and wait for your pizza to arrive. And don't forget to go fuck yourselves! And try not to act gay, or go through the day without using the word as an adjective, so as to remind yourself of your fears!
One love, faggots!

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

You sure know how to work a room, buddy.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

:lol: BORK ATTACK!

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

Busta Ry wrote:Hi! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I think? Whatever. Go fuck yourself!

Huh, I'm a little surprised that you guys hate this shit so much, being that 99% of you are white suburbanites such as myself (you are too Mindbender!), and Eminem was a quasi-hero to you about a decade ago. While I don't nessassarily agree that this is the comeback that everyone was looking for, I completely disagree on the "it's a steaming pile of shit" front.
I downloaded this and Drake longplayer, and one things for sure "Thank Me Later" is that pile of shit that you might think it would be.

Let's compare these two cock smokers and their latest efforts a lil bitsy. Drake sounds like Lil Wayne without the sizzurp and blunts, so, in effect, like complete shit. His flow is snooze-worthy, and god forbid he go offbeat or change the pace up a smidgeon. Want some wack hooks? Look no further. Want a variety of topics? Look elsewhere. This guys like the fucking rapping Sarah Mclauchlin but I'd suspect her vagina is tighter.

So back to Marshal and this "Recovery" jawn. Uh, firstly, propers for the the album artwork, that shiz is kinda tight! Love the "glass case of emotion," shouts out to Burgandy and the whole Channel Five News Team.
So, on first listen, I thought, wow, he sounds hungry but some of these hooks, are kinda horrible. However, this shits really growing on me and you'd be hard pressed to find a better full length effort from duke since 1999. No topics? Well not quite, I mean, Proof did die and Em visits that a view times, he's bounces back and forth about his steady diet of Percocet and he visits the played out Kim topic, but from a different angle - he didn't mention her name! As if we can't figure it out. Sheeeit. But, sayin though, these hooks kind of grow on you, and the rapping is, technically, about as proficient as you may ever here. In your life. Take it from me, a man who's been listening to hip-hop for 25 years, you won't find a better rapper. And topics? What the fuck do rappers really fucking talk about anyways. Fuck. Come the fuck on man - if you're going to argue that this guy has nothing to talk about, look no further than any fucking Wu Tang record, including Cuban Linx 2 and tell me that these forty something motherfuckers are rapping about anything new. Ever. Yes Jay Electronica is fresh. Yes Nas and Slick Rick can tell stories. Yes Kool G. Rap can spit. Yes KRS fell of in 1994 and yes "The Marshall Mathers LP" will never be topped by anyone calling themselves Eminem. Having said that, this album is pretty good. And these hooks are no cornier than anything anyone else is putting out. Sorry. You're wrong. Hey, there's nothing wrong with making accessible music. Don't forget that Eminem isn't just trying to appease the Hot 97 market, like, say, Jay Elec, he's kinda got the world to think about. He's sort of in that Lil Wayne/Kanye West market the market that Drake desperately wants to be in - it's a shame he's so wack.
Anyways, in closing, "Recovery" is good and you people typically just like to shit on things like new records by rap artists, and anyone named Mindbender Futurama, and any topic which doesn't include Jay Electronica, but that may change soon. So, basically everything. I get it. Go hug your mom, or turn on your Wii and wait for your pizza to arrive. And don't forget to go fuck yourselves! And try not to act gay, or go through the day without using the word as an adjective, so as to remind yourself of your fears!
One love, faggots!
:ignore:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Ry don't just lamp waiting for responses, post something else. How do you feel about lil b?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo