Eminem - "Recovery" - June 22nd

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Truth.

Eminem - "Recovery" - June 22nd

Post by Truth. »

SANTA MONICA, CA - April 15, 2010 - The much-anticipated new album from Eminem, Recovery (Aftermath/Interscope), will be released June 22, 2010, it was announced today by Interscope Records. On Recovery, his seventh major label studio album, Eminem has reached out to an exciting list of first-time collaborators, including DJ Khalil, Just Blaze, Jim Jonsin and Boi-1da, among others.

Eminem releases Recovery just over a year after his last album, 2009ג€™s Relapse. Relapse put the cap on an impressive ten years of recorded output, and contributed to Eminem being the biggest selling artist of 2000-2009. In recognition of this, Neilsen SoundScan named him their Artist of the Decade. Relapse entered the charts at #1 and, at nearly double platinum, was the best selling rap album of last year. It also earned Eminem his 11th Grammy award, winning in the Best Rap Album category. Relapseג€™s first single, ג€œCrack A Bottleג€ from Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, soared to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 (Eminemג€™s second #1 after 2002ג€™s ג€œLose Yourselfג€) and set a SoundScan record at the time of its release for opening week download sales (418,000). The album also spun off two other hits; the Top 10 ג€œWe Made Youג€ and Top 20 ג€œBeautiful.ג€

"I had originally planned for Relapse 2 to come out last year," remarked Eminem. "But as I kept recording and working with new producers, the idea of a sequel to Relapse started to make less and less sense to me, and I wanted to make a completely new album. The music on Recovery came out very different from Relapse, and I think it deserves its own title."

Eminem has sold more than 78,000,000 albums worldwide. After 1999ג€™s quadruple platinum The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP (2000) and The Eminem Show (2002) became two of the Top 5 best selling albums of the 2000s, with approximately 10,000,000 copies of each sold in the U.S. alone. 2004ג€™s Grammy-nominated Encore reached #1 and was certified quadruple platinum. The #1, double platinum, 2005 greatest hits collection Curtain Call: The Hits and #2, platinum, 2006 various artists compilation Eminem Presents: The Re-Up followed.

supnick

Post by supnick »

this is supposed to be better than relapse right

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

interested to hear what Just Blaze and DJ Khalil lace him with
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

vaporized2

Re: Eminem - "Recovery" - June 22nd

Post by vaporized2 »

expecting some classic shit from Em this time round. I'm thinking along the lines of Organized Konfusion 'Stress', only a bit harder.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

vaporized2 wrote:expecting some classic shit from Em this time round. I'm thinking along the lines of Organized Konfusion 'Stress', only a bit harder.
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

i always check
i never like
maybe i should stop checking?

i decided this is the only eminem song that has replay value for me.

self :larry:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqP1TwuBiK8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqP1TwuBiK8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

this album will save hip hop
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

vaporized2 wrote:expecting some classic shit from Em this time round. I'm thinking along the lines of Organized Konfusion 'Stress', only a bit harder.
where'd you pull that comparison from?
Stress? really?
I'd venture to say, at best, it'll be like a funkdoobiest album with better rhymes and the same amount of weird accent.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Blockhead wrote:
Stress? really?
I'd venture to say, at best, it'll be like a funkdoobiest album with better rhymes and the same amount of weird accent.
:rofl:

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Yeah this will be about as good as "Muddy Waters 2"

I have pretty much given up on rap, fucking depressing

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

odium-LSC wrote:
Blockhead wrote:
Stress? really?
:rofl:

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

if he somehow manages to avoid the accent, which i doubt, and manages to talk about something other than his mother/drug addiction/how terrible his childhood was, this might be okay. 'relapse' wasn't that bad in parts, some of the production was great.
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

This time I won't trick myself into thinking this will be a good album.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Blockhead wrote:I'd venture to say, at best, it'll be like a funkdoobiest album with better rhymes and the same amount of weird accent.
Here's hoping. Hell, Son Doobie would make for an interesting guest on an Em track.

vaporized2

Post by vaporized2 »

CasOne wrote:This time I won't trick myself into thinking this will be a good album.
hold that thought - it's a bit like Stress: The Extinction Agenda, only a bit harder.

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

what can he really rap about now that we haven't heard already? He's a great rapper but I don't think he will ever live up to his earlier material, how could he? at this point the only version of eminem I want to hear is one that is destroying some rapper's would be career.

Aethetical-Hades

Post by Aethetical-Hades »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lYcSC6sWGOg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lYcSC6sWGOg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What a difference fourteen years makes.

Why not just "digitally remaster" Infinite?

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

i didnt hear one second of relapse
ill go as far as reading 1 more thread about this album

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

GLUS wrote:i didnt hear one second of relapse
ill go as far as reading 1 more thread about this album
I only listened to Relapse twice since it dropped.

I remember some good beats, but he needs to lose the accent fast. I hope this one is good enough that maybe I can throw the best from both albums together to make something listenable.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

The only way I'd want to hear an album about raping celebrities and taking drugs is if it was a solo LP from Dids.

M A T L O C K

Post by M A T L O C K »

His shit's always good for a few listens.

I liked him better when he was a penniless drug addict. Now he could prolly buy my state.

I'll still whoop his ass though. :copy:

step one

Post by step one »

The Aluminum Falcon wrote: at this point the only version of eminem I want to hear is one that is destroying some rapper's would be career.
it would definitely be more fun if he got some of his anger back and just went to war with every faggot rapper out there rather than collaborating with them.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

i'm excited for this.

imo the first few leaks/singles will tell the story on if it will be good or not.

whoever said to just remaster infinite :roll:
NOT a good album. His second worst next to encore.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Balzac wrote: whoever said to just remaster infinite :roll:
LOL, you're entitled to an opinion but you ackin all :owens: about it. The guy was obviously kidding anyway.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
LOL, you're entitled to an opinion but you ackin all :owens: about it. The guy was obviously kidding anyway.
not obvious at all

people jock infinite like its his best shit all the time

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

they're willing to be more forgiving since it's home made
plus the subject matter is more palatable to the average hip hop fan
it's pretty weak when you compare it to any of his studio albums
p.s. encore is awesome
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Balzac wrote:
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
not obvious at all

people jock infinite like its his best shit all the time
Yeah, it's one of those pre-stablished albums that while good with moments of greatness, really is just a driver's permit. People fawn over Infinite and Organix like they're the baby-pictures of someone who died unexpectedly early.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

:rofl: :rofl:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

IthiKKKle if IthiKKKle knew how to rap.