Nas and Damian Marley - The Promised Land

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Magneto wrote:Lil Wayne kinda merked that one song...
Worst, corniest Wayne verse in awhile. Sounds like he's off the drugs, and while it may be good for his health, it is not good for his music.

Da Publisher

Post by Da Publisher »

Patience
Dispear
Count Your Blessings
Promise Land
Strong Will Continue
My Generation
Leaders

are the tracks I like the most after listening to the album for the 3rd time

Dope collaboration

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

please excuse capn planet he hasn't finished reading revelations yet
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

will cop

Da Publisher

Post by Da Publisher »

Haitian Jack wrote:will cop
No doubt

Last edited by Da Publisher on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Da Publisher

Post by Da Publisher »

"Leaders" is the song I've been playing the most, that's the song I want to see them perform live.

Last edited by Da Publisher on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Pseudo-spiritual hippydrippy negro-conscious whiteguilt fapmaterial.

Some good verses from Nas admittedly, some of the songs have good melodies too. I find their 'messages' to be mostly hollow. If you care so much about Africa (yeah right) then point the finger where it belongs, speak out on witchcraft and rape, wicked dictators, apathy, they're approaching minderbenderdom here.

Sattelites causing earthquakes :wtf:
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Texas Raised Mikey wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: these songs are way better than marely's solo work.
just noticed this comment.
c'mon son.
:larry: X google
:cheers:

this shit is easy one of the best songs of the past decade..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKLqIAlByYA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKLqIAlByYA&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nipMIGc5xOY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nipMIGc5xOY&hl=da_DK&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

this my shit!
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Pseudo-spiritual hippydrippy negro-conscious whiteguilt fapmaterial.

Some good verses from Nas admittedly, some of the songs have good melodies too. I find their 'messages' to be mostly hollow. If you care so much about Africa (yeah right) then point the finger where it belongs, speak out on witchcraft and rape, wicked dictators, apathy, they're approaching minderbenderdom here.

word this is my only complaint with it, they're being too safe

like on road to zion nas calls out mugabe, i thought they'd be on that shit
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

binary

Post by binary »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Pseudo-spiritual hippydrippy negro-conscious whiteguilt fapmaterial.

Great post. That "Oh shit, they still don't know how they built the pyramids" has no legs right now.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Captin Planit wrote:
Magneto wrote:Lil Wayne kinda merked that one song...
Worst, corniest Wayne verse in awhile. Sounds like he's off the drugs, and while it may be good for his health, it is not good for his music.
when will you people realize lil wayne is not good and never was good

hopefully soon