General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

SBU song #12: Hidden History in the Making

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

the first taste of music from 'In Space No One Can Hear You Rhyme':

DivShare File - 4 - Big Trouble.mp3

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist? ... 155540-ced" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist? ... 155540-ced" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

one of iCON the Mic King's favorites: BIG TROUBLE (IN LITTLE CHINA) by Conspiracy and Mindbender of Supreme Being Unit

the album will be online soon for your listening pleasure. and those who support the next generation of hip hop, we are creating it for you. thank you, and god bless both haters and lovers.

it's on.
YOTMB
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:50 am, edited 12 times in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dirtee

Post by dirtee »

:cheers:

dirtybird

Post by dirtybird »

this is the best I've heard from you. I'm actually kinda impressed.
props

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

dirtybird wrote:this is the best I've heard from you. I'm actually kinda impressed.
props
thanks for taking an honest listen, guys.
seriously, the album is 13 full songs all on this level of production value and creativity. 80 minutes of music. 'Aliens vs. Predator' is 9 minute song, alone. But it's more like a mini-movie, actually. Colorful music.

I believe lots of people would like it, even if they aren't into older SBU stuff, other Conspiracy stuff, other Mindbender stuff, or even "space rap".

it's worth your time, money and attention. i see and hear too much fucking empty meaningless hip hop to create any more of it. i believe i know what needs to be out there, and i'm doing my best to bring it.

our business sense is still being sharpened (with Mindbender, producer/DJ Weez-L, and Conspiracy) but the music is... like this.

spread the word around the world. the stars have aligned. time to rise and shine.

http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

I like the beat. The rapping is atrocious. It took me about 1 minute to realise the 'verse' had started and it wasnt just some crackhead mumbling an intro.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

:lol: @ Conspiracy. I like his part, kinda stream of conscious puberty junkie raps.

Just about everything about this is an El-P ripoff. The writing, the flow, the cadence, the beat, the atmosphere and the content - it's a bit shameless TBH.

Not bad as such if you like this kinda rap, I would assume.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

MB: it's good to hear you trimming down the words per each line, but the parts of your flow where it seems like you're talking to yourself out loud needs to go.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Conspiracy's verse is ugh. Just felt real lazy on he pronounces his words (especially that Del line); didn't like it at all. Bender, you spacing out words like this is something you should ALWAYS do; sounded better than most of the stuff I've heard you before. From a mixing standpoint, its real clear. I think your actual vocals should have certain plug-ins at different parts of your voice to give another effect; especially if you're not doing overdubs.

You guys were listening to Cannibal Ox when did this, didn't you? :lol: That beat does sound like some like something Def Jux would do.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ardamus wrote:Conspiracy's verse is ugh. Just felt real lazy on he pronounces his words (especially that Del line); didn't like it at all. Bender, you spacing out words like this is something you should ALWAYS do; sounded better than most of the stuff I've heard you before. From a mixing standpoint, its real clear. I think your actual vocals should have certain plug-ins at different parts of your voice to give another effect; especially if you're not doing overdubs.

You guys were listening to Cannibal Ox when did this, didn't you? :lol: That beat does sound like some like something Def Jux would do.
ha ha. to my surprise, Conspiracy apparently does not like Cannibal Ox.
we wrote and recorded this whole album in 2004. I guess Def Jux was still around, but they don't influence my creative process at all. we have parallels, but they are not intentional. SBU was doing weird shit since 1994, long before I heard of El-P.

and yes, I rap totally different on this than I do on Mindbender solo stuff. I've done most of the fast rapping I want to do in my life. I know thoroughly that having one clear lesson communicated in a song is better than spraying someone with a thousand ideas and flows and them not grasping a single one.

we weren't listening to anything for inspiration when we wrote this. we just made the follow up to the last SBU album.
there's not any other song on the album with the kicks and drums like this. but i do see how you guys hear the influence of El-P on it though. i don't think it's biting, just drinking from the same pool of ideas. and that's a good idea, Ardamus. maybe i'll ask some of the remix producers to do that to my vocals...

thanks for listening, for real.

yeah haters: I CAN rap "on beat" when I want, LOL. just realize that I like to create new timing and new spacing for words and rhythm, cause it needs to be done.
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:MB: it's good to hear you trimming down the words per each line, but the parts of your flow where it seems like you're talking to yourself out loud needs to go.
thanks for your thoughts. i dunno what part you're talking about, but i'll figure it out. whether i agree or disagree, i appreciate your constructive criticism.
Comedy Quaddafi wrote::lol: @ Conspiracy. I like his part, kinda stream of conscious puberty junkie raps.

Just about everything about this is an El-P ripoff. The writing, the flow, the cadence, the beat, the atmosphere and the content - it's a bit shameless TBH.

Not bad as such if you like this kinda rap, I would assume.
El-P raps about martial arts? :lol: anyways, I don't think anyone will think that when they hear the whole album. Every song has a different topic and texture. You'll hear it all eventually. I didn't want to release it in singles, but in the internet age, I'd be a fucking fool to believe that I could control everyone listening to the album the same way: from beginning of track 1 to the end of track 13 on a compact disc. So here's a taste of it, and when you are able to, I hope you choose to listen to it all from front to back in its entirety.

Conspiracy and I are on different planets on this album. We are on every song together, but our rhyme styles are always different, and he sounds like... not me.

but yeah, I agree: if you like this kind of rap, you will LOVE this album.

Post by 360 »

This was a fun listen. I disagree with everything CQ said.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

"i'm completely into japanimation"

Conspiracy's laid back style like he's coming down hard off a week-long bender ( strong no homo) is dope, but he wastes it by rapping gibberish.

beat is solid

DLG

Post by DLG »

Conspiracy sounds like Bill Murray in Caddy Shack

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

360 wrote:This was a fun listen. I disagree with everything CQ said.
thanks.
DLG wrote:Conspiracy sounds like Bill Murray in Caddy Shack
:rofl:

that's a new one.

pretty much every song on the album is as intense as this, but has a different subject.

"Supreme Being Unit makes magic on an unknown level/ the kind that educates gods and controls devils"

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

I can't be the only one who prefers Conspiracy's verse.

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:I can't be the only one who prefers Conspiracy's verse.
I can't tell.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Stoop Kid wrote:
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:I can't be the only one who prefers Conspiracy's verse.
I can't tell.
Conspiracy first
Mindbender second

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

The beat is good and Conspiracy rips it.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

"The sound of getting your throat cut is something you can only hear once."

:rockout: That's a pretty ill fuckin line.

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

for all the people that say things like 'conspiracy's rhymes are awful/too slow/not fast enough" etc,

well, consider the reason an artist would choose to release their songs like that...

1-the internet has made the world SO A.D.D [attention disorder defecit], that the laziness brought about by rushing everything at maximum speed and overconsumption that leads to mass waste is one reason I SPEAK S-L-O-W-L-Y and s-l-o-w-e-r, so people don't miss the importance of what I am speaking to you about on the mic.... people miss the content in fast raps cuz it speeds by their analytical minds....so I am not letting ONE thing go to waste...slow and steady wins the race..

shout out to the slower MCs out there. Evidence, Masta Killa, Baby, Rakim Scarface, Canibus, Tame One, Kanye West

another reason I am so wild with my changing of styles every song is because I want to be remembered as an extreme innovator. not all MCs are capable/will repeat doing that Twista-Busta-Ludacris-Eminem-El-P-Jay Z-Nas-Tech N9ne-Crooked I-Royce 59 superhyperspeed fast flows...

sometimes I rap slow, sometimes I rap quick[who knows that quote?GOD-

and back in 2004 when "Big Trouble In Little China" was being recorded, I was in the middle of a 7 year rock and meth party phaze...so while addi was eating food upstairs, I was sneaking downstairs to my desk and computer in my room , which had PURE STASHES OF CHEMICAL COMPOSITIONS for pleasure exploration of the phyical and mental +

..........then I must admit, my delivery is kinda affected by smoking cigarettes, weed, and back then, crystal and coke...SO! consider it "added" character..........I still rap fast, just not on every track with all the same complex vocabulary and do it all the time, ONLY , like it's the ONE way to rap, and there is no other possible ways to,'make a punchline'

you can almost FEEL the drugs in me, eh? that's CONSPIRACY for ya-

do yourself the favor of discovering the artworks of SBU on LP #3. we try.

and FAIL.

no. jokes. it's all about entertainment and style

C 2010
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

Dids

Post by Dids »

Honestly, it's impossible to take this seriously with Conspiracy's verse. Bender's not any good either, but at least his verse won't make listeners turn it off instantly.

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Conspiracy sounds pretty decent on this and Mindbender does as well. Either that or this is an improvement from some of the worst music my ears have ever heard..

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Just about everything about this is an El-P ripoff. The writing, the flow, the cadence, the beat, the atmosphere and the content - it's a bit shameless TBH.
Sounds nothing like EL-P.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Odnet

Re: world premiere: Supreme Being Unit - Big Trouble

Post by Odnet »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: and those who support the next generation of hip hop, we are creating it for you.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: world premiere: Supreme Being Unit - Big Trouble

vermillion wrote:Conspiracy sounds pretty decent on this and Mindbender does as well. Either that or this is an improvement from some of the worst music my ears have ever heard..
:ironmike:
Dids wrote:Honestly, it's impossible to take this seriously with Conspiracy's verse. Bender's not any good either, but at least his verse won't make listeners turn it off instantly.
:blank:
Odnet wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: and those who support the next generation of hip hop, we are creating it for you.
wait til you hear it all. it's pretty good, man. :arrow:

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

Just so we're clear here, I said I liked Mindbender's verse on this song.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

Employee wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Just about everything about this is an El-P ripoff. The writing, the flow, the cadence, the beat, the atmosphere and the content - it's a bit shameless TBH.
It does, though. Quite a lot.
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

the beat was crazy dope.

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Trademark wrote:the beat was crazy dope.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

HomieDontPlayDat wrote:
Employee wrote:
It does, though. Quite a lot.
Have you ever listened to EL-P? This sounds nothing like an EL-P track. From production to the verses. You can say it's "wack" or whatever adjective fits your opinion of the track. But it sounds nothing like EL-P.