General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Employee wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:
Employee wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:
Employee wrote:Dude is no more delusional than Ardamus, Sankofa or Big Scen.
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:
How is pursuing a career in rap in 2010 without an established brand not overflowing with delusion?
You mean like Mike Eagle?
Exactly like OME. More people who post here will download that album than buy it (as will the rest of the world) and you can't really tour into your fifties despite the feats of Riddlore.

This genre does have an age cap.
:copy:

Not the response I was expecting.

So you think OME is as delusional as Mindbender?

Jay Electronica is as delusional as The Trademark Experience?

As for people secretly liking mindbender, we already know there are a gang of Canadian lurkers here. Shit isn't that exciting. I've played bender's music for maybe three people since I've been posting here. Shit is Angoon. It's Eli Porter. It's Epic. It's the sonic equivalent of an asian dad getting hit in the nuts with a wiffleball or a cat getting scared and trying to jump through a glass door on a youtube video. There's still 15 posters here (by bender's own estimate) that haven't gotten bored of the car crash yet. There are another 5 who feel empathetic enough to offer the weakest of support, which is exclusively of the "this isn't as bad as most of what you make" variety. There's not much more to the story than that.

EDIT: Larry @ your enjoyment of being contrarian, or my ignorance of Anticon?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

PopeyeJones wrote:
:copy:

Not the response I was expecting.
For every Jay Electronica (a phenomenon happening with infrequency like a mawfucka) there are a million Cash Rulz.
PopeyeJones wrote:So you think OME is as delusional as Mindbender?
Yes. More so. He's on some straight niche shit. His steez is more "Unplugged" while his peers are on some TRL for the Underground Psuedo-Indie cash mission demographic. He's an ill MC, but doesn't have that same base appeal of the groups partial to touring college towns with dense pockets of redneckiasm. Artists like Mac Lethal and Cunninlynguists have that built in stupidity-frat boy factor to add to their viability. OME doesn't have that same luxury of passing out roofies to seventeen-year-olds after bragging to them about producing a track for Stat Quo's uncle's best friend's step dad.
PopeyeJones wrote:Jay Electronica is as delusional as The Trademark Experience?
Safe to say not any more.

PopeyeJones wrote:As for people secretly liking mindbender, we already know there are a gang of Canadian lurkers here. Shit isn't that exciting. I've played bender's music for maybe three people since I've been posting here. Shit is Angoon. It's Eli Porter. It's Epic. It's the sonic equivalent of an asian dad getting hit in the nuts with a wiffleball or a cat getting scared and trying to jump through a glass door on a youtube video. There's still 15 posters here (by bender's own estimate) that haven't gotten bored of the car crash yet. There are another 5 who feel empathetic enough to offer the weakest of support, which is exclusively of the "this isn't as bad as most of what you make" variety. There's not much more to the story than that.
Reads like watered down Thunny.

PopeyeJones wrote:EDIT: Larry @ your enjoyment of being contrarian, or my ignorance of Anticon?
Just a general :larry: at you (nh).

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^ desperation.

Naysayer

Post by Naysayer »

I much prefer these threads, where I know who the players are and what to expect, to the rash of unfunny faggots who were incessantly typing nigger in every post before Will High got the boot.

Employee's defense of all thing MB is gay and lame, but he's right about board group-think. Ironing.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:
Dids wrote:I will never understand why out of all the terrible rappers on this site, the one Employee defends is the one who is the biggest asshole towards anybody who criticizes their music.
LOL @ E-40 rolled in flour demonizing pomposity after posting glamour shots of his lamb shank w/ celery and spinach roast for well over a year, nightly.

I haven't always been on Mindbender's side, obviously. But mother fuckers go too far with dude (nh) and have done so for a while now. There's rarely any humor, it's all like a pre-rape foam building up in the corner of Trademark's silver-spooned spit hole. The bra-tuck snapshot is indefensible, I give you that (nh). I also would prefer he didn't promote his shit like a menstruating female lion on the reg, but that's his steez. Dude is no more delusional than Ardamus, Sankofa or Big Scen.

There's also the group think mentality that has its fist lodged in the asses and brains of a large cross-section of posters. If Thun says something negative about Mindbender that becomes the weekly meme in less than half-an-hour. Faggots need to think for themselves. Then there's the whole PopeyeJones contigent consisting of dudes who privately tried to spit over Anticon/pre-Anticon underground beats and discovered they couldn't rap like Saafir.
:lol:

yeah, I'm sensitive. But that's who I am. I feel life on a very deep level (yes homo). And I am not yet at the point where I am so busy and so "above" the fray that I don't reply to what people say. Maybe by the fall, I will be so successful that I'm El-P'ing you guys, and only dropping in to say the occasional hello/goodbye, and won't reply to 99% of what is said about me. I have decreased the back and forth bullshit over the years, and I know how some people hate just cause they have nothing better to do in life. I don't expect the entire world to enjoy my music, but I do think that I have messages that everyone could benefit from, if they would just give their gargantuan ego and radiating ignorance a Ferris Bueller day off.

I may be more delusional than those guys though. But not on some business shit, I'm just more insane in general. Like do I REALLY believe we are Gods? Yes. Yes I do. I'm more God and Alien than I am human. :grap: And I believe this deep in my glorblonx (alien for 'essence') :rofl:

and Employee is right, a lot of you maggots never do evolve mentally. I'm at least growing and experimenting with things in life (but I also do not evolve from certain ideas, that I need to. I'm no better than you. Just MUCH DIFFERENT.). Y'all need to quit hating me like it's gonna do anything to me. Ignoring me would be a better choice. But most of you won't. Because "a hater is just your angriest fan." :cheers:

The shit that I really hate in hip hop, I don't make ONE SECOND for. Some of you obviously don't hate me, but you get off by disrespecting me. Maybe one day, if I ever get famous, you can say "I used to shit on him on a message board, yo!" And you will be the coolest dude on the short bus. Congradu-fuckin-lations!

I know my new album is incredible. People who have NEVER heard of me or NEVER like me, on this board and off, will enjoy 'Jupiter'. I know it. You guys have no idea who you are dealing with. I also have other music that I know will totally change my life and the world's perception of me, with much different beats and different flows than all the speedy space rap I put out thus far... and my career in the next few years will be a lot different than it has been for the last few years. Something else is already going down for the summer that has never happened before, and will have you all yammering smack for quite some time.

Oh, and as far as press, I did an interview with The Globe and Mail this morning. It's Canada's most prestigious paper, and we spoke for a good half hour about my legacy in Canada. Will be out soon. As will 'Jupiter'.

I say all that to say: fuck, I would love to hear a new Saafir album right now. Even if it was garbage.

peace to Employee. I'm evolving, homie. As much as its not visible to the eye... your third ear will hear it.

in truth and power,
YOTMB :ignore:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verge

Post by Verge »

Odnet wrote: <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=9964078-90e" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=9964078-90e" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>
Dope remix. Much better than the wack ass beat on the og. the video for this was dope, too, but the beat made it unwatchable to me. Too bad someone can't hook the video up with the audio from one of our remixes. :killacam:

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I think the pussy Ardamus meets via his music more than makes up for any lack of cash flow, as long as he's having fun with the process

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Naysayer wrote:, but he's right about board group-think. Ironing.
OF COURSE there's group think here. Really though, you think people finding bender's music to be bad and his posting to be deluded and obnoxious is a good example of group think? The revolving general consensuses about Dids, or Cowy, or the changing interpretations of CFA and TRM, that's all group think. I don't think Bender is a good example, though.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: The shit that I really hate in hip hop, I don't make ONE SECOND for.
Rick Ross?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

naturalborn103 wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: The shit that I really hate in hip hop, I don't make ONE SECOND for.
Rick Ross?
once in a while, I listen to some of the people I criticize, just to see how accurate my negative opinion is.

Rick Ross, I do NOT listen to at home. I am tangentially aware of various things he has done recently, and none of them mark any example of respectable progress from being the fakest fucking person in hip hop since Vanilla Ice.

we still don't believe you, you don't even need more people. you need to just retire. :copy:

The Game and Rick Ross are running out of fantasies to exploit though. If they decide to try and drop jewels or make some concept album, they might have a chance at having a future past 2010.

maybe they should try some space rap :grap: :ff: :ignore:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

the quality of their (Rick Ross and The Game) lyricism's flavor will last DECADES longer in international hip hop commercial worldwide history FAR longer than mindbender's weak whiney sad sorry shameful, all words no action black INDIVIDUAL that uses hiphop as a means to distribute his personalized mentality, in attempts to bend people to fall to his will and mabye learn something OK, but nothing new, if knowledge of potential positivity in hiphop album songs was any big secret...

rep international and see what they say about YOU, mindbender- STAY TRUE

mindbender, and see what they say about what you think of them....

some cats wanna OWN the industry. no one man ever will. not even Africa Bambaataa. facts aside. artistic creativity is beyond capturable control. peace.
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I feel sorry for our mother, Conspiracy.

And I feel more sorry for you.

Your ego keeps wanting me to feed it fire, eh? No. I love you.

Should we put up the next song? Every 3 days is more realistic than every Friday.

Business, never personal like EPMD said.
they also said

rap is outta control

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Conspiracy wrote:the quality of their (Rick Ross and The Game) lyricism's flavor will last DECADES longer in international hip hop commercial worldwide history FAR longer than mindbender's weak whiney sad sorry shameful, all words no action black INDIVIDUAL that uses hiphop as a means to distribute his personalized mentality, in attempts to bend people to fall to his will and mabye learn something OK, but nothing new, if knowledge of potential positivity in hiphop album songs was any big secret...

rep international and see what they say about YOU, mindbender- STAY TRUE

mindbender, and see what they say about what you think of them....

some cats wanna OWN the industry. no one man ever will. not even Africa Bambaataa. facts aside. artistic creativity is beyond capturable control. peace.
:ohsh:

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i dont give a fuck, rick ross makes dope rap. i dont give a fuck what he did prior. wasnt defari a pe teacher, that nigga aint rapping about pull up contests and crab soccer

leak that joint nigga

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Piff Tannen wrote:i dont give a fuck, rick ross makes dope rap. i dont give a fuck what he did prior. wasnt defari a pe teacher, that nigga aint rapping about pull up contests and crab soccer

leak that joint nigga
Rick Ross can rap. I just don't believe what he raps about whatsoever. His flow is tight, but the words I hear him say are just so hollow. It's all good.

Supreme Being Unit
Song Seven: "Celebrate The Savage"

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/sh ... on=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"><param name="movie" value="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist? ... 407239-f8b" /><embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist? ... 407239-f8b" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... d></object>

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

Were you rapping or talking at the starting of the song?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

talking

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

yeah mindbender. you may feel sorry for mom. true. weak. but-

i feel sorry for the spiritual enlightenment seekers that have been wildly manipulated into your viewpoint of what is supposed to be SOME SORT OF 'SUPREMACY' in positive hiphop music teaching/learning....and misled into some, self-serving opportunist, using the power of esoteric words to have people deceived into experiencing some kind of 'blasphemous righteousness'.

I had to leave the 'my opinion is the only one that is the rightest' over-defensive hiphop "authority" shit that you were incessantly forcing on me/others.

i am not right (being INTENTIONALLY WRONG TO show you what an "angel's advocate" is to a "devil's advocate", and try, subtly secretly, to expose/end that opposition and disagreement for the sake of arguing in attempts to MAKE PROGRESS(!?!?!) that eroded the foundation of what was in the past.

Or being right for me, and not anybody else. ever just let somebody be ALONE and enjoy their little party pleasures?
(you had to hate the overhappiness......)

i just couldn't take all your "I AM THE BOSS, do what I say or 'fuck you', you aren't as HIPHOP as me' mentality"

i'ma go sell these albums to some people. anybody else that will check it.

and i'm performing my verses solo at other shows, over those same beats

i am a leader (of myself) IN THE CROWD with the rest of the rap fans.
"CUZ I BE IN THE CROWD IF YOU AIN'T CONTROLLIN' IT"-canibus

K-SOLO, PMD, DMX types don't need to fight everyone to prove they are as tough as they say/claim. they already know how much they can fuck up. they don't need to prove it to every little shit-talker that wants to dis..
Last edited by Conspiracy on Tue May 18, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

MB,

I sacrificed my ego for neutral selfless humble honesty to eliminate educational subjective over-opinionizing. some may even see that in the way i give what info about me to the public.

but this is where i laugh(and leave). what YOU think is one way, can also be infinite ways for other people, DESPITE WHAT YOU THINK.

there is no ONE ULTIMATE way to 'communicate' the "truth".

we all talk shit. it's just politicians and celebrities seem to think their opinions are THE END ALL BE ALL/FINAL WORD of the particular topic, when they/it is just as valid as any joe blow schmoe, or all other people anywhere. despite position and stature.

to quote camu tao: (i'm missing you, star. Soon?)
"NO CONNECTIONS NEEDED, NO RESPECT IS NEEDED, NO INFECTIONS TREATED, ---all villians get treated the same---"

only if the holier-than-thou's would learn from that line on 'wireless'............
Last edited by Conspiracy on Tue May 18, 2010 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 C

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

i could be ALOT more evil and greedy if I wanted to be...just in life.

but i only take the little things I need to keep maintaining normally.

GOD might reward me for my donations of free goodies to the poor and un-knowing.
2010 C

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

if you can tell, on my verse on 'celebrate the savage', i rhyme 8 bars of negativity then 8 bars of positivity.

it is ill to play with the mathematics of verses over instrumentals....

there is some patterns and arrangement combinations that are endlessly fun to try and play with....

i wanna do nuff live shows over any good beats....not only my beats
2010 C

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

What is Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity in fantasy or behavior, an extreme need for admiration, and a marked lack of empathy. The disorder usually begins by early adulthood and presents a variety of symptoms.

Symptoms

Feelings of Grandiosity

Not only do people with this disorder feel superior to others, but they also believe they are exceptionally unique and special and are entitled to special treatment simply because they are who they are. They may envy others while believing that others are envying them. They may exaggerate their accomplishments and talents.

Need for Admiration

People with this disorder seek constant admiration, adulation, and bolstering from others. They may be ambitious for fame and admiration rather than for success.

Lack of Empathy

They have good social skills when it comes to initial contact with others. They may be quite charming in an attempt to gain the other person's awe. However, they are so focused on themselves that they are not capable of empathizing with others.

Preoccupation with Fantasy

People with narcissistic personality disorder often fantasize about wealth and fame.

Overly High Expectations

If they do not achieve the goals they have set for themselves, they feel a strong sense of failure which brings feelings of shame and worthlessness. They often react to criticism with rage.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

you dont have to believe what rappers rap about. i rap about zombies and deloreans. id hope niggas dont believe i spend my friday nights driving over the living dead while listening to kool g rap, or killing two mcflys with the same gun

its stories yo

beatrix potter

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
What is Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity in fantasy or behavior, an extreme need for admiration, and a marked lack of empathy. The disorder usually begins by early adulthood and presents a variety of symptoms.

Symptoms

Feelings of Grandiosity

Not only do people with this disorder feel superior to others, but they also believe they are exceptionally unique and special and are entitled to special treatment simply because they are who they are. They may envy others while believing that others are envying them. They may exaggerate their accomplishments and talents.

Need for Admiration

People with this disorder seek constant admiration, adulation, and bolstering from others. They may be ambitious for fame and admiration rather than for success.

Lack of Empathy

They have good social skills when it comes to initial contact with others. They may be quite charming in an attempt to gain the other person's awe. However, they are so focused on themselves that they are not capable of empathizing with others.

Preoccupation with Fantasy

People with narcissistic personality disorder often fantasize about wealth and fame.

Overly High Expectations

If they do not achieve the goals they have set for themselves, they feel a strong sense of failure which brings feelings of shame and worthlessness. They often react to criticism with rage.
if it were just THIS simple, iCON. there's this, and so much more going on.

Conspiracy, the only thing I can say about your most recent episodes of self, is that you seem to be more (~relatively~) coherent and more down to earth than you have ever been. You will continue to discover much and achieve a deeper knowledge of self, if you learn how to live and speak and think from your heart, and not be controlled by your ego. It is, and it ain't hard to tell. Peace and clarity.

Mindbender

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

i just wanna make my own way to the top, by my own choices, successes and possible failures from MY WORK/earnings. manual music labor

I just wanna do my own thing.

just be, mindbender solo. cuz there is no more "WE"

i have my future to try and fill up with achievments and aquisitions.

I got a bit to show for the past stuff I have done. THE MUSIC OF IT.

'love it or hate it, the underdog's on top',etc.-50 Cizzent
2010 C

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Conspiracy wrote:i just wanna make my own way to the top, by my own choices, successes and possible failures from MY WORK/earnings. manual music labor

I just wanna do my own thing.

just be, mindbender solo. cuz there is no more "WE"

i have my future to try and fill up with achievments and aquisitions.

I got a bit to show for the past stuff I have done. THE MUSIC OF IT.

'love it or hate it, the underdog's on top',etc.-50 Cizzent
Rumor has it that psyvamps are frequenting Toronto's Starbucks.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Employee wrote:
Dids wrote:I will never understand why out of all the terrible rappers on this site, the one Employee defends is the one who is the biggest asshole towards anybody who criticizes their music.
LOL @ E-40 rolled in flour demonizing pomposity after posting glamour shots of his lamb shank w/ celery and spinach roast for well over a year, nightly.

I haven't always been on Mindbender's side, obviously. But mother fuckers go too far with dude (nh) and have done so for a while now. There's rarely any humor, it's all like a pre-rape foam building up in the corner of Trademark's silver-spooned spit hole. The bra-tuck snapshot is indefensible, I give you that (nh). I also would prefer he didn't promote his shit like a menstruating female lion on the reg, but that's his steez. Dude is no more delusional than Ardamus, Sankofa or Big Scen.

There's also the group think mentality that has its fist lodged in the asses and brains of a large cross-section of posters. If Thun says something negative about Mindbender that becomes the weekly meme in less than half-an-hour. Faggots need to think for themselves. Then there's the whole PopeyeJones contigent consisting of dudes who privately tried to spit over Anticon/pre-Anticon underground beats and discovered they couldn't rap like Saafir. Their hatred is a unique breed because it is so latently homosexual you almost miss it if you don't pay attention.
I was wondering how I got brought into this convo. :myjah:
Call me delusional. I don't expect to sell over a gazillion records. Never trusted the business so I kept a job always for the time being. I figure, fuck it now.....you like it then buy it......download it....whatver. Just support it, if you fuck with it.
HomeSkillet wrote:I think the pussy Ardamus meets via his music more than makes up for any lack of cash flow, as long as he's having fun with the process
You, Chewie, Piff, and Seanie know. I have fun doing my shit. Just like MB, Tui, iCON, OME, and everyone else on site does. I mean, if I'm not on here and not trying to actually be responsible with my life shit, I'm doing this shit to keep me sane. I'd rather be doing this shit then always talk in a bunch of "what IFs" and "in my opinion" type of shit on the boards and in real life. Subway-jared muthafuckas like Dids don't have to like my music; its not kiddie-molestor rape-friendly music anyway so why bother?

:lol: @ the pussy; you're probably referring to that shit i told you about when we all kicked it. it comes and goes just like the cash flow. i'm trying not to fuck with anymore broads i know through rap events. but that won't happen.....
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

why are you purposely leaking this album for free?

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

he wants criticism and feedback on each track individually. Sparking more thoughts, generating "buzz", and hopefully moving him out of his refridgerator box.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Stoop Kid wrote:he wants criticism and feedback on each track individually. Sparking more thoughts, generating "buzz", and hopefully moving him out of his refridgerator box.
his refridgerator box >>>> your halfway house
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner