Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Cash Rulz wrote:I'm not bitter, though.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Thun wrote:Also, how is Jay Electronica unaccomplished if he's made songs better than all underground rappers since 1997 combined?

;)
Riiiiight. Opinons...assholes. You know the rest.
Yo, it wasn't a purposeful exaggeration. Good eye.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Thun wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
Thun wrote:Also, how is Jay Electronica unaccomplished if he's made songs better than all underground rappers since 1997 combined?

;)
Riiiiight. Opinons...assholes. You know the rest.
Yo, it wasn't a purposeful exaggeration. Good eye.
I missed the wink.

:megaman:

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Employee wrote:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Employee wrote:
Ironing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QU0Hrpo2PUE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QU0Hrpo2PUE&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

And so we're all clear and in love with each other, you don't understand the Jay Electronica hype and think dude is overrated, but you'll piggyback the dude (yh)?

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

Employee wrote: Your first album was financed by Jay Seagraves. That still haunts you to this day. No matter how many times you take a Freddie Gibbs snowball, you'll see the face of Lord Fard stuffing dollar bills in your g-string.
:rofl: @ criticizing Kno for accepting money to fund a business venture. You spend your free time glued to this site and submit free content for SteadyBloggin. You work for Gloss... for free. At least when Jay had his hand up Kno's ass, he got a reach around. Look at the moves he's made since then. What have you done in that same timeframe except falsify your retirement? :cheers: faggot.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Employee wrote:And so we're all clear and in love with each other, you don't understand the Jay Electronica hype and think dude is overrated, but you'll piggyback the dude (yh)?
By using the same instrumental as him? There you go. I responded. Feel better?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Nuke wrote:
Employee wrote: Your first album was financed by Jay Seagraves. That still haunts you to this day. No matter how many times you take a Freddie Gibbs snowball, you'll see the face of Lord Fard stuffing dollar bills in your g-string.
:rofl: @ criticizing Kno for accepting money to fund a business venture. You spend your free time glued to this site and submit free content for SteadyBloggin. You work for Gloss... for free. At least when Jay had his hand up Kno's ass, he got a reach around. Look at the moves he's made since then. What have you done in that same timeframe except falsify your retirement? :cheers: faggot.
How many times does this matter need to be revisited, Hair Club for Men? You'd be Cash's boy toy in prison so I understand you running to his defense. Aren't you like a fourt-tier CL affiliate? LOL. The Cunninlynguists, your generation's musical equivalent of the Jonas Bros., are internet cum rappers who begged the paste Suge for seed money and then refused to let him stamp the imprint of his fiefdom on their CD insert. Now they make soul for frat boys and scopolamine abusers.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Employee wrote:And so we're all clear and in love with each other, you don't understand the Jay Electronica hype and think dude is overrated, but you'll piggyback the dude (yh)?
If you're bitter over someone's success and feel that it is unwarranted, why are you using that person's music in an effort to further your own career?

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Employee wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
If you're bitter over someone's success and feel that it is unwarranted, why are you using that person's music in an effort to further your own career?
Again with the bitter comment?

Feel that his success is unwarranted?

Either quote me or I will leave you to troll.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Cash Rulz wrote:
Employee wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
Again with the bitter comment?

Feel that his success is unwarranted?

Either quote me or I will leave you to troll.
If you can't see it yourself, you're delusional. Someone mentions his name and you virtually begin to sob. I'm sure a lot of NY cats feel the way you do now: Ignored, unappreciated, robbed, etc. You're always intent on letting people "do them", why are you so bothered by Jay Electronica?

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

Employee wrote:
Nuke wrote:
How many times does this matter need to be revisited, Hair Club for Men? You'd be Cash's boy toy in prison so I understand you running to his defense. Aren't you like a fourt-tier CL affiliate? LOL. The Cunninlynguists, your generation's musical equivalent of the Jonas Bros., are internet cum rappers who begged the paste Suge for seed money and then refused to let him stamp the imprint of his fiefdom on their CD insert. Now they make soul for frat boys and scopolamine abusers.
You exhausted the hair club jokes and the Mike Shinoda puns about 2 years ago. Get your game up. Cash and Kno don't need my defense. Your only safety net is anonymity or you'd be buying Cash shots at the Giko Bar begging him to not shove your wheelchair down a hill.

Since your software has not yet been upgraded with the ability to understand actual human interaction... let me explain something. My only affiliation with CL is based on friendship. I only defend them in this case cause you're an idiot. You make blog posts for teenagers and pedophiles... they do shows for people that enjoy fresh air.

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

Employee wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
If you're bitter over someone's success, why do you post in every QN5 thread within 25 seconds of its creation?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Nuke wrote:
Employee wrote:
Nuke wrote:
You exhausted the hair club jokes and the Mike Shinoda puns about 2 years ago. Get your game up. Cash and Kno don't need my defense. Your only safety net is anonymity or you'd be buying Cash shots at the Giko Bar begging him to not shove your wheelchair down a hill.

Since your software has not yet been upgraded with the ability to understand actual human interaction... let me explain something. My only affiliation with CL is based on friendship. I only defend them in this case cause you're an idiot. You make blog posts for teenagers and pedophiles... they do shows for people that enjoy fresh air.
You're a Rochester-based faggot who buys banner ads and fails at everything he does. Your faggotry is legendary in both cargo pants and Organized Konfusion. Your routine use of the word "nigger" is an indication of a Klan member uncle having a strong hand in your upbringing.

You've failed at rapping.
You've failed at your career.
You've failed at life.

Now go on and replenish Cash's commissary.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Nuke wrote:
Employee wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
If you're bitter over someone's success, why do you post in every QN5 thread within 25 seconds of its creation?
Ask your boyfriend, Kno, who magically appears when a thread is made about underground rap.

Kno/Cash/Nuke Da Hairplug = :myjah: :myjah: :myjah: :myjah: :myjah:

Kno@qn5.com

Post by Kno@qn5.com »

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

omg iz jay elect lurking?

I'm not saying he was ever so low as Mindbender, but Jay Elect has improved dramatically in recent years and I suspect a lot of his current appeal comes from that age and experience.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Kno@qn5.com wrote:Image
You registered for this site.
You lurk on this site incessantly.
You highlight my post count as a negative while you're on the same forum posting like you wish you were Domingo.
You can't shake my criticisms of CL from your Kate Moss skull.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Nuke wrote:Image
Would that be a Mike Shinoda cover or a shitty web design outfit run from Mom's house?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

multsanta wrote:Image

omg iz jay elect lurking?

I'm not saying he was ever so low as Mindbender, but Jay Elect has improved dramatically in recent years and I suspect a lot of his current appeal comes from that age and experience.
THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT AND INFLUENTIAL BLOGGER HAS DEEMED IT.

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

Damn this thread thins the fuck out when you put Employee on ignore. Is he just having a conversation with himself?

zombie

Post by zombie »

call it quits when this happens to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_Fi2jZ ... re=related

don't ever give up until you've achieved it.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

thread is every bit as good as I had imagined.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

blessingindisguise wrote:This is an informative and real thread with fuckery kept to a minimum.

I'm curious though. How do cash rulz, ardamus, pack fm, icon, mindbender, intuition, rob sonic, and maclethal manage to record for free, distribute, and book shows for free.

From what i read in your posts over the years y'all never have to come out of pocket but seem to always profit and support yourself.
Every situation is different. Me, I had to fuck with online shit to get digital distro like anyone else these days. Be it tunecore, CD Baby, and etc. Looked into some consignments but not many. Mostly hand to hand. And some digital shit on some blogs for people to check. Nothing major but every step helps.

Trust me, I've come out of pocket for all of my projects except for one. My EP which I will never re-release again "Life Is Humbling Experience" was funded by a DC Arts grant I got years ago when it first came up. Another EP that I will never release, I paid for damn near all myself as far as the studio time when my partner didn't have the money; even then I had to get my friend/business associate to help out, too. However, I never put out due to other conflicts going on. "When Nothing Goes Right" costed me around $1,000 for everything (production, recording time, etc.) and just got over the halfway mark to get money. Not to mention the label that wanted to sign me and release it backed out after months of prolonging putting it out (dude lost his job). And I'm still pressing that on my own. "A Day In The Life Of Modern Day Living", I had to work out a deal with that. I pressed it up plus did the marketing shit, Meta handled every aspect of the production, mixing, and mastering. So case in point, shit is not easy. Even if it costs you only a few hundred dollars, there's always shit to deal with in getting these projects done; after its recorded, getting that grpahic design can take a while, depending on who you work with. I've made money but to make it last and to keep product out there is the main goal.

Booking shows, I can say I've honestly mainly dealt with on some local shit. Granted, I got to book openers like Blueprint, Bus Driver, Blu & Exile, and Killah Priest, shit was no picnic. I had to wait a year before I even got hit up from the guy who threw the Blu & Exile show while I was doing my other shit here and there. My homie hooked up the Blueprint show. Outside of my area, I've made some good connects so finally, a tour where I will probably go broke and have some roadlife fun will come along. I've paid a price with pride in booking shows sometimes where I'm at. And other times, the homies hook the shit up; like when I recently got to open for Myka Nyne and 2Mex a few months ago.

But anyways, thats part of the shit I've gone through and I'm barely even heard of. :lol: And I know iCON, Mac, Pack, Slug, and all the rest more than likely have better/more interesting stories than I got. I'm not really famous enough to comment on such things.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

thread delivers

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

And can't forget trying to put an LLC together in the process. All I gotta say is either have your money stacked to pay your lawyer or do it as cheaply as you possibly can through other sources. That shit along with doing that EP damn near then having "potential investors" drove me fucking crazy. At least I learned alot about the business......
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

multsanta wrote:Damn this thread thins the fuck out when you put Employee on ignore. Is he just having a conversation with himself?
Employee wrote: THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT AND INFLUENTIAL BLOGGER HAS DEEMED IT.
You know it's a hassle to click "Read This User's Post" several thousand times a month and/or year. NPR picks stellar correspondents. You know the nuances of the street's pulse, kid.

nobs

Post by nobs »

Nathan Blaze wrote:
nobs wrote:i have personally come to the realization years ago that i WILL NOT make a living off of music. I started my own business and am doing really well for myself but continue to make music for fun (plus i know that a select few still care to hear what i make)

starting my own business has also become beneficial because now i don't have to ask anyone if i can leave town for a week to a month.

i am happy with where i am at...

i guess you can say i have given up. but more or less have just chosen a different path that lets me make music on my free time. i will continue to do so. because it makes me feel good and it is a release!
I like this guy and everything he said. :cheers:

Owning a business is personally what I want to do. I am now curious as to what nobs' business is.

I don't really want any parts of this current version of the music industry.

If we must talk about playing the music lottery, I'm honestly banking on my friends success in music. Then I'll just ride their coat tails. Less work that way.

I'm always going to keep making music and performing with friends. And I'll probably give it all away for free if anyone will have it.

P.S. I agree with the sentiments of Thun, Employee and Sankofa.

peace.
actually i sell vinyl records. i don't own a store. i do it privately and on eBay. it is a hustle but its one of those "you get what you put in" jobs so...

i was doing it to supplement my income on the sides when i had a corporate job and decided when i was laid off to try it out. it involved selling most of my own collection which i have been building since 96 but it was well worth it.

i digitized everything and just took the plunge. i love discovering new music and i sample stuff and sell it after i am done.

you meet a lot of cool people. old DJs. interesting. weird folks. you learn a lot and you make good loot...

i won't complain haha