Block, does Aes Rizz explain his rhymes to you (no homo)?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Block, does Aes Rizz explain his rhymes to you (no homo)?

Post by Employee »

While I find your BFF's knack for lyrical swordsmanship to be 2ndIINone, I don't think 99.9% of his written, recorded material is understood by anyone. Much less him. So, when you guys are alone and the juices of creativity are coarsing through your veins and the room is riding the wave of what will eventually climax into a triumph of abstract lyrics dripping from a mighty pen gently arranged over a field of obscure samples and abrupt melodies, is he keen on spilling the beans regarding anything pertaining to a logical meaning or narrative?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

In the past, when asked, he has explained a line or two to me that I was curious about. But, to be honest, I've never really all out had him sit down and explain entire verses , line by line to me. That's something internet nerds wanna do.
But, to be honest, aside from some stream of consciousness parts, there does tend to be meaning behind most of what he says. Even if it only makes sense to him, he's not just lining up words in random order. knowwhati'msaying?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

next question, is it true that he wears a loin cloth made of pure silver thread? does he have the cunning of a panther and the courage of a lion?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Blockhead wrote:In the past, when asked, he has explained a line or two to me that I was curious about. But, to be honest, I've never really all out had him sit down and explain entire verses , line by line to me. That's something internet nerds wanna do.
But, to be honest, aside from some stream of consciousness parts, there does tend to be meaning behind most of what he says. Even if it only makes sense to him, he's not just lining up words in random order. knowwhati'msaying?
so he's basically BASED
UBM CD COMING SOON

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

I always hear this at shows and think are Aes's lyrics that hard to decipher? I think he's actually really concise especially after FCDFK . I mean I know it's not cat hat rat, But it also is certainly not Dog Haberdasher Kangaroo. IMHO
NICE CAT!

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Re: Block, does Aes Rizz explain his rhymes to you (no homo)

Post by thekeentwo »

Employee wrote: keen
:myjah:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

arlene and i met a pimp named thurman in las vegas that talked like aesop rock

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

thekeentwo wrote:arlene and i met a pimp named thurman in las vegas that talked like aesop rock
if your sig is bisected lengthwise it looks like the top of batmans head slowly surfacing from water and being reflected back onto the surface

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I got the book thingy with his lyrics on the one release and I sat down and read them. Once I read them I could understand a lot of the ideas behind them. My favorite Aesop Rock lyric is 'You can't pull the plug on a catapult'

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

drizzle wrote:next question, is it true that he wears a loin cloth made of pure silver thread? does he have the cunning of a panther and the courage of a lion?
He's actually a minotaur with fur made of angel hair.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

mmmm angel hair pasta

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Stomach full of halo kibbles

whats goin on there block?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

Random Sample wrote:I got the book thingy with his lyrics on the one release and I sat down and read them. Once I read them I could understand a lot of the ideas behind them. My favorite Aesop Rock lyric is 'You can't pull the plug on a catapult'
:lol:

Jedisdope

Post by Jedisdope »

I think that most of it probably makes sense - but some of it is probably strings of words that sound cool. Honestly, I'm okay with that. Lots of rock lyrics are super abstract. Nah mean, ya neon dinosaur fossil conundrum flag vagabond decipher pumpkins?
http://www.jedirosenberg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@broodbabyjed

Post by 360 »

Aes's shit makes sense. It's poetry. Most people don't understand poetry either.

Really, it just comes down to whether or not you want to put in the work to deciphering his lyrics.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

360 wrote:Aes's shit makes sense. It's poetry. Most people don't understand poetry either.

Really, it just comes down to whether or not you want to put in the work to deciphering his lyrics.
Don't be a faggot and start injecting (no homo) poetry in the mix. I'm sure Aesop Rock would even laugh at that notion. And if you have the time, please explain how one is able to bring themself to an understanding of poetry?

Dids

Post by Dids »

Making sense of his lyrics is more a function of word choice and the speed at which they're delivered. If you see it written out- it tends to be pretty clear. It's just hard to do it when you're hearing a song and putting forth that effort is a bit much.

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

DLG

Post by DLG »

when aes did a run down for the last album of what every song was about, it was definitely easy to understand the themes of the songs when following along afterward.

i find the way his mind works to be really cool (huge no homo) he's able to say regular things in very abstract, clever ways while not just bullshitting the entire time.

Plus, I think that if he's been putting out nothing but nonsense since the start of his career, it would be highly unlikely that he was maintaining such a big fan base on the "I'm to cool to admit I don't get it but I listen anyway" factor alone.

he actually addresses the issue in facemelter

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/369Mxzg-Ty8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/369Mxzg-Ty8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

generic's so unappealing and in my humble opinion,
defeats a rapper's civic duty to the culture,
granted every topic has been covered but cookie-cutter
delivery of simpleton wit is the real culprit
so whether street, club, battle, conscious or other,
i find that interesting style can often outweigh the subject,
so when the disc changer goes from guns to spaceships,
it is not an attempt to fake credibility for the public.

But fuck it it's ace rock six records of gibberish right?,
he's trying to hard to be weird and different right? (riiiiight),
or could it possibly just maybe be his lessons
can't be summed up in a linear set of pop culture references?
yeah but why try, i'm so groggy,
the mach nine valentine ain't for everybody,
but i will say this to yall that used your fifteen of fame,
to mention my name, that sixteenth minute regret is fuckin insane,
and thats a longevity veteran pedaling free medicine

Haitian Jack

Post by Haitian Jack »

DLG wrote:when aes did a run down for the last album of what every song was about, it was definitely easy to understand the themes of the songs when following along afterward.

i find the way his mind works to be really cool (huge no homo) he's able to say regular things in very abstract, clever ways while not just bullshitting the entire time.

Plus, I think that if he's been putting out nothing but nonsense since the start of his career, it would be highly unlikely that he was maintaining such a big fan base on the "I'm to cool to admit I don't get it but I listen anyway" factor alone.

he actually addresses the issue in facemelter

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/369Mxzg-Ty8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/369Mxzg-Ty8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

generic's so unappealing and in my humble opinion,
defeats a rapper's civic duty to the culture,
granted every topic has been covered but cookie-cutter
delivery of simpleton wit is the real culprit
so whether street, club, battle, conscious or other,
i find that interesting style can often outweigh the subject,
so when the disc changer goes from guns to spaceships,
it is not an attempt to fake credibility for the public.

But fuck it it's ace rock six records of gibberish right?,
he's trying to hard to be weird and different right? (riiiiight),
or could it possibly just maybe be his lessons
can't be summed up in a linear set of pop culture references?
yeah but why try, i'm so groggy,
the mach nine valentine ain't for everybody,
but i will say this to yall that used your fifteen of fame,
to mention my name, that sixteenth minute regret is fuckin insane,
and thats a longevity veteran pedaling free medicine
thats ether when u think about it

Jedisdope

Post by Jedisdope »

Was that the verse that won him the award for scummiest ninja moment of the summer?
http://www.jedirosenberg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@broodbabyjed

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:Stomach full of halo kibbles

he's eating a fucking bowl of cheerios. i always thought this one was one of his less complicated concepts.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

aesop is the shit.
i need to start listening to him more again.
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stoop Kid

Post by Stoop Kid »

QWALMS wrote:

he's eating a fucking bowl of cheerios. i always thought this one was one of his less complicated concepts.
stomach full of hearts stars horshoes clovers blue moons pots of gold rainbows clovers and a red balloon full of heroin.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

QWALMS wrote:

I'm gonna shoot the nigga for that one.
UBM CD COMING SOON

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
QWALMS wrote:

I'm gonna shoot the nigga for that one.
:rofl:

zombie

Post by zombie »

Employee wrote:
360 wrote:Aes's shit makes sense. It's poetry. Most people don't understand poetry either.

Don't be a faggot and start injecting (no homo) poetry in the mix. I'm sure Aesop Rock would even laugh at that notion. And if you have the time, please explain how one is able to bring themself to an understanding of poetry?
oh cool you're literally retarded.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thread is a perfect example of why some posters (Stoop Kid) have no right posting in threads in M2C.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Philaflava wrote:Thread is a perfect example of why some posters (Stoop Kid) have no right posting in threads in M2C.
I'm saying. just keep him in Lil B threads and it's all good. I think, deep down, he understands this but he's young and rebellious...and retarded.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

He is soon to be on the ban bench warming up.