General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

DaBonks

Post by DaBonks »

Pure dopeness.
You got repped on XLR8R too.

Solo45

Post by Solo45 »

This video is great. The album is really solid as well.

Good work.

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

really cool video.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

dopestopus
:cheers:
moved by duck muscles

dirtybird

Post by dirtybird »

this is a great video. props to the artist. good song, too. although, there are other tracks on the album that deserve a video before this one, in my opinion

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Both video and song are great. Enjoyed.

IsleOfWhites

Post by IsleOfWhites »

better than Death Certificate...

on the real tho, amazing song and video, congrats.
drizzle wrote: if you showed this kind of excellent timing and gif selection every time nobody would ever give you shit

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

dirtybird wrote:although, there are other tracks on the album that deserve a video before this one, in my opinion
I would actually agree with this. The artist chose this song in particular though. I didn't have any say in it. that said, The final product was so dope i could not possibly complain with a clear conscience.

dirtybird

Post by dirtybird »

Blockhead wrote:
dirtybird wrote:although, there are other tracks on the album that deserve a video before this one, in my opinion
I would actually agree with this. The artist chose this song in particular though. I didn't have any say in it. that said, The final product was so dope i could not possibly complain with a clear conscience.
definitely understandable
congrats!

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

Dope video. I need to check out the album now ASAP.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

So early yesterday I found out that two of my friends had just dosed themselves with a couple hits of strong blotter acid and were already tripping pretty hard.

Of course the next logical step was to show them this video since they both hadn't seen it yet.

Needless to say, after that it was requested like a half a dozen times throughout the day.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

TheBigSleep wrote:So early yesterday I found out that two of my friends had just dosed themselves with a couple hits of strong blotter acid and were already tripping pretty hard.

Of course the next logical step was to show them this video since they both hadn't seen it yet.

Needless to say, after that it was requested like a half a dozen times throughout the day.
:rofl:
Nice. You're the first person i've had any contact with who's actually done that. Good to know it didn't drive them to suicide.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Yeah, there were countless rewind playbacks and multiple attempts at analyzing themes at various points in their trip. I particularly remember the words "foresight" and "forethought" being used a lot.

Isaiah Toothtaker

Post by Isaiah Toothtaker »

Block on murder, always a raised standard. Props my dudeman!!

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Just caught this. Dope shit sir, congrats.

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

album and video both excellent, respect

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Aeon Flux meets Heavy Metal dope.

Texas Raised Mikey

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

The video is dope. But the song reminds me of something I would see in a car commercial. Not my thing really. Nice though. :cheers:

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

anyone who reads P&B knows that i'm deeply in a serious committed relationship (in my mind) with Olivia Munn (sorry Jaz and Tui). today I found out her tv show , "Attack of the show" just did a segment about "the music scene" video. I was really hyped about it but fucking Munn wasn't even there...goddamnit.
:owens:
http://g4tv.com/videos/47224/Thing-We-F ... sic-Scene/

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

Blockhead wrote:anyone who reads P&B knows that i'm deeply in a serious committed relationship (in my mind) with Olivia Munn (sorry Jaz and Tui). today I found out her tv show , "Attack of the show" just did a segment about "the music scene" video. I was really hyped about it but fucking Munn wasn't even there...goddamnit.
thats still fucking awesome

:cheers:

Thun

Post by Thun »

Blockhead wrote:anyone who reads P&B knows that i'm deeply in a serious committed relationship (in my mind) with Olivia Munn (sorry Jaz and Tui). today I found out her tv show , "Attack of the show" just did a segment about "the music scene" video. I was really hyped about it but fucking Munn wasn't even there...goddamnit.
That's dope. And I like that blonde Italian looking girl, even though she doesn't hold a candle to Munn...

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Thun wrote:
That's dope. And I like that blonde Italian looking girl, even though she doesn't hold a candle to Munn...
on, no doubt. She's definitely fly. Unfortunately, The guy was really the driving force behind the segment. Perhaps one day I'll run into him at a show and we can discuss awesome things like what kind of sampler I use and drum programming.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Tough break.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

good song.

great video.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Moolah wrote:
Tough break.
you could never understand my struggle , bro.

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

video was incredible, wifey and i talking over the concept which is pretty powerful but with beautiful trippy visuals. wondering if the animator got some inspiration from that BodyWorks artist who's been displaying human corpses kinda coloured into pieces like he's done here. anyways the music was awesome as well, will have to check the new album ... ninjatune has been a fav since the 90s and ur a really good fit it seems.

dubs

Post by dubs »

Cool video Block, props.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

It's awesome to see your progression as a producer. I can still hear your vibe in this track. Video of course is crazy and I think he nailed the mood. Super props. I'll have to check the album.
indeed