"The Madlib Mystique"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

"The Madlib Mystique"

Post by Employee »

http://www.steadybloggin.com/how-are-yo ... not-smoke/
ג€œHow are you going to be around me and not smoke? Thatג€™s like being around George Clinton and not smoking the rock,ג€ he jokes, producing the sequoia-colored pot, the kind of cosmic chronic that will have you visualizing Ewoks and light sabers, and composing blunted beat orchestras in your head.

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

Mufucka got a right up in LA Weekly I ain't read. What's up with all the Madlib sightings in media?
New album? ?

Texas Raised Mikey

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

Mad Lib would be great for car commercials kinda like RJD2.

perlman

Post by perlman »

I've read all the books he recommended! Kinda strange how many hip hop heads are into David Ike. I guess there is sort of a connection to the whole 5% thing.
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

Lid

Post by Lid »

perlman wrote:I've read all the books he recommended! Kinda strange how many hip hop heads are into David Ike. I guess there is sort of a connection to the whole 5% thing.
only connection is that some 5% tend to be on some conspiracy theory shit, other than that MOST 5% would declare david icke pure bullshit
Renessis wrote:Mufucka got a right up in LA Weekly I ain't read. What's up with all the Madlib sightings in media?
New album? ?
dude has dropped something every month this year

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Lid wrote:
perlman wrote:I've read all the books he recommended! Kinda strange how many hip hop heads are into David Ike. I guess there is sort of a connection to the whole 5% thing.
only connection is that some 5% tend to be on some conspiracy theory shit, other than that MOST 5% would declare david icke pure bullshit
Renessis wrote:Mufucka got a right up in LA Weekly I ain't read. What's up with all the Madlib sightings in media?
New album? ?
Madlib Medicine Shows, he has dropped 6, another 6 to go.

RAZAH CUTZ

Post by RAZAH CUTZ »

Lib is ill, respect due....

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

i'm pretty souped he's fucking with kanye, common folk will finally acknowledge.

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

that madlib medicine show #5 was crazy as hell.

Verge

Post by Verge »

Hoping for Madvillain 2 by first quarter 2011. *fingers crossed*
Madlib is dope when he's in a certain zone. Like his last 2 Beat Konductas from last summer or the summer before were some really great shit. Volumes 5 and 6.

jazztomovethatass

Post by jazztomovethatass »

x2.
Last edited by jazztomovethatass on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

Lid wrote:
New album? ?
I live under rocks.

:owens: :owens:

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

Verge wrote:Hoping for Madvillain 2 by first quarter 2011. *fingers crossed*
Madlib is dope when he's in a certain zone. Like his last 2 Beat Konductas from last summer or the summer before were some really great shit. Volumes 5 and 6.
arthritisbound

edit: i was wrong. glad emp is back on sb

Texas Raised Mikey

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

rhickey wrote: glad emp is back on sb
:fail:

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

probably wouldnt have caught this otherwise. i didnt even realize he posted it initially

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

Texas Raised Mikey wrote:Mad Lib would be great for car commercials kinda like RJD2.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MEeI7hrPPM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MEeI7hrPPM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROUGH ARTICLE

Lid

Post by Lid »

Renessis wrote:
Lid wrote:
New album? ?
I live under rocks.

:owens: :owens:
i think sofar he has dropped 9 projects with his name on them. 6 medicine shows, that guilty simpson, the strong arm steady and young jazz rebels

Verge

Post by Verge »

One of them Medicine Shows, at least, had a bonus disc, too. :gyeah: And I thought that Gulty was part of the Medicine Shows? Or did he do a solo this year? Wait, I think he did, guess it wasn't really that memorable then. The Guilty medicine show mustve been like a preview or mixtape type joint then, huh.

Renessis

Post by Renessis »

That Toyota Commercial is jokes and dope.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

multsanta wrote:
Texas Raised Mikey wrote:Mad Lib would be great for car commercials kinda like RJD2.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MEeI7hrPPM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MEeI7hrPPM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROUGH ARTICLE
A real blogger.

Soooooooooooo dreamy.......

Machiventa

Post by Machiventa »

Verge wrote:And I thought that Gulty was part of the Medicine Shows? Or did he do a solo this year? Wait, I think he did, guess it wasn't really that memorable then. The Guilty medicine show mustve been like a preview or mixtape type joint then, huh.
Yep, Medicine Show #1 was like a preview/mixtape for the official Gulity/Madlib album "OJ Simpson" that just dropped recently.

perlman

Post by perlman »

Anyone heard the Brainwreck show? Or can PM me with a link?

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

perlman wrote:Anyone heard the Brainwreck show? Or can PM me with a link?
hxxp://depositfiles.com/en/files/eungkblk7
replace x's

perlman

Post by perlman »

That was the most bugged out thing since Kool Keith was born.

perlman

Post by perlman »

Anyone heard the last two brainwreck shows? I heard they both some cool jazz inspired shit. PM me a link!

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

love me some madlib

with or without blue note
Nets 2022

Thirteen

Post by Thirteen »

he probably got picked up by the illuminati so they can start their subliminal brainwashing through underground artists

Lane Myers

Post by Lane Myers »

I think a Madlib & Kool Keith project would be hella tight!