Mindbender & Rich Kid "JUPITER" Album 2010

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Mindbender & Rich Kid "JUPITER" Album 2010

Post by capable_keL »

Getting waist deep into the 25 tracks and wanted to get the dialogue started. It's a well done theatrical experience that brings you into the mind of a completely different emcee.

When you put this on you obviously need to put away your personal preferences of what a album needs to be, in a traditional hip-hop context. We know Mindbender doesn't try to fit any set mold, he does his music his way. He did some impressive lyrical displays here.

Given the facts on the artist, the tracks are a mix of space, hardcore, drum bass, with about fifty other styles that combine to make JUPITER. Mastered like a crisp clean plate with vocals right in your temple. Beats change up, drop, develop and keep you interested. Combined with Bender's lyrical artistry it is a mind blowing trip through a acid induced lucid experience.

"Generation" (Track 5) shows the pure skill Mindbender possess in the unorthodox delivery and bone chilling voice inflections at the right moment. I had to run this back to hear the message and am impressed on the wild yet under control techniques.

The entire discography delivers a feel, a theme, a overall mood that matches the musical and lyrical lead.

I am not an experienced mindbender fan, however i value hip hop done with a unique aspect to create something original. This was done at a high level.

I can understand why cats don't like the product, but this is some intelligent, wild, raw display of something you should check out.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:lol:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'm happy to hear this was properly mastered. The tracks he has leaked featured pretty good to interesting production, but 25 tracks of anyone might be a chore to get through.

Any chance of a Mindbender - Jupiter (EP) for the Advanced Listening?

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

25 Tracks!? damn.
looking forward to grabbing a copy.

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

yo MB what shops selling this downtown?

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

:upload:
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I hate to say this because it is a meaningless cliche, but it means everything: the album practically broky my chevy and my speaker felt like it was kicking me in the back. the tracks were pounding! the entire neighborhood must have thought a black alien monster cometh from canada to kill anything with ears

seats were vibrating i think jewel climaxed in the passenger seat but my eyes were rattlin i couldnt tell

fun to enjoy music again
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Mindbender loves you like family, KeL
iCONtheMicKing wrote::upload:
you are my brother, and i have not been as consistent as i should have been. i'm sending it to you now. i'm ready to do this shit properly.

i honestly thought of you for one of the next Rich Kidd beats i get. i'm already planning the next album with him. that dude is the fucking future.

all i ask is to please write some thoughts on 'Jupiter' after you hear it. however much you want. i promise it will not be a waste of your time like most music these days.

check your PM. and please do not leak. it will spread soon enough, and i will be doing my best to earn some money off this piece of work. for now, please enjoy privately, thank you
peace fam

YOTMB :promobot:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
you are my brother, and i have not been as consistent as i should have been. i'm sending it to you now. i'm ready to do this shit properly.

i honestly thought of you for one of the next Rich Kidd beats i get.
I know I can't be the only one who has been waiting years for an iCON and Bender collabo. Two guys who got multis for days. MAKE THIS HAPPEN ALREADY!

Exchange info, emails, PMs. Just drop a verse. Bender pick the best track off Jupiter and let iCON get on. The :phila: world awaits.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:I'm happy to hear this was properly mastered. The tracks he has leaked featured pretty good to interesting production, but 25 tracks of anyone might be a chore to get through.

Any chance of a Mindbender - Jupiter (EP) for the Advanced Listening?
no fucking way am i going to do that. did they do that to 'Nation of Millions' or 'Efil4Zaggin'?

fuck this A.D.D. bullshit.

the album is a 70 minute journey. you will feel evolved after it is done. it is worth every second invested.

some won't like it though. others will.

Seer, it's pure digital release right now... just like 'So Far Gone' was.

wait til you see the pictures we took that go with the album.

tomorrow, i will release the album cover... version 1.

off to the Barry Kirkey radio show... ha ha. anyone remember when i was on that last time? good times.

stay tuned

love,
YOTMB
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ILL SEER

Post by ILL SEER »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: Seer, it's pure digital release right now... just like 'So Far Gone' was.
seen, ima support still uknodat

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Mindbender, sorry to be the hater who is gonna hate, but IF in the slim chance that Jupiter doesn't blow up, only sells a few hundred copies at most, doesn't chart, gets a few positive reviews (mostly Canadian) but makes minimal impact on the "scene" and far less than your successful contemporaries such as Cadence Weapon, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give up on proclaiming you are the next big thing on the verge of blowing up, and accept that you have niche appeal at best and should make music purely for this reason?

HellRell'sToiletAdventure

Post by HellRell'sToiletAdventure »

Last edited by HellRell'sToiletAdventure on Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Moolah wrote:Mindbender, sorry to be the hater who is gonna hate, but IF in the slim chance that Jupiter doesn't blow up, only sells a few hundred copies at most, doesn't chart, gets a few positive reviews (mostly Canadian) but makes minimal impact on the "scene" and far less than your successful contemporaries such as Cadence Weapon, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give up on proclaiming you are the next big thing on the verge of blowing up, and accept that you have niche appeal at best and should make music purely for this reason?
NEVER that. I don't think I'm gonna blow up anymore, because my politics are too severe and extreme. But I believe many would benefit from my music's message. And I will not stop thinking that until I make some hate music.

you don't know yet what i know. i know this album is good. great, even.

Kanye West had to believe in himself when nobody else did to get where he is now. I will do the same.

have faith, fam. i love hip hop and i hope you feel it when you listen to my new album.
love,
YOTMB

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:

i honestly thought of you for one of the next Rich Kidd beats i get.
I know I can't be the only one who has been waiting years for an iCON and Bender collabo. Two guys who got multis for days. MAKE THIS HAPPEN ALREADY!

Exchange info, emails, PMs. Just drop a verse. Bender pick the best track off Jupiter and let iCON get on. The :phila: world awaits.
thanks man.

i am going to do my best to be humble but confident with "Jupiter".

but it feels like the stars are finally aligning. and Ab Rude is getting in the country, so it's all good!

everything's a go :bow: and when i wake up, the album begins to infect the world :cheers: :ignore: :ff: :rockout: :megaman:

peace to all

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

I'm really liking the beats on this album.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:upload: Generation

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I don't think I'm gonna blow up anymore, because my politics are too severe and extreme.
Yeah, that must be it :lol:
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

step one

Post by step one »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:I don't think I'm gonna blow up anymore, because my politics are too severe and extreme.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Comedy Quaddafi

LOL

22. F.E.A.R. (Fatal Energy Attacking Righteousness Itself) {Peace to Aubrey "Drake" Graham} [Explicit]

Can you :upload: an instrumental of the album? :cheers:
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

step one

Post by step one »

22. F.E.A.R. (Fatal Energy Attacking Righteousness Itself) {Peace to Aubrey "Drake" Graham} [Explicit]
:err:

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

Is the name drop necessary?

step one

Post by step one »

KITFUNK wrote:Is the name drop necessary?
Absoloutely. At this point MB needs all the help he can get.

That name drop might equate to the extra google hit that pushes his sales into double figures.

DLG

Post by DLG »

step one wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

DLG wrote:
step one wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
:rofl:

step one

Post by step one »

Trademark wrote:
DLG wrote:
step one wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
:rofl:
Bender's album makes a Boots Riley-Dead Prez collabo seem like that Bow Wow & Omarion CD

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

it leaked already?

iCON? wtf?

before I put up "Generation", can I ask how y'all got that track listing? thanks.

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

Respect for doin this Adi, but you realize I already made a highly acclaimed album called Jupiter right????

Ether.....

haha

Comedy Quaddafi

1. Screwface Capitalism [Explicit]
2. Explosions On Earth
3. Berzerker Barrage
4. Lucky Motherfuc*er's
5. Generation
6. Blast Off Into Infinity and Beyond
7. The Details Of Adhimu Stewart
8. The Origin Of The Mystery Of Life
9. Moon One
10. Gods From Jupiter
11. I'm Fucking Up My Life Again
12. Study The Planets
13. Expanding Time While Collapsing Space
14. Freedom For Everyone
15. Ancient Futuristic Hatred
16. Moon Two
17. Unusual Suspects
18. Dizzy
19. P.I.M.P.
20. Falak Forever
21. Marijuana Coma (When It Gets To The Roach, Part 2)
22. F.E.A.R. (Fatal Energy Attacking Righteousness Itself) {Peace to Aubrey "Drake" Graham}
23. The Beginning At The End Of The Universe
24. *F.A.I.L. (Bonus Track)
25. * Blame Canada (Peace to Collizhun of Tough Dumpling Productions)

It's all over the net now, blogs going crazy and shit.

:mp3x: or PM.
- MB

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Fuzzy Logic wrote:Respect for doin this Adi, but you realize I already made a highly acclaimed album called Jupiter right????

Ether.....

haha
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: / :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: