3 New Beats, 1 Sample Free.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

tayoisnt

3 New Beats, 1 Sample Free.

Post by tayoisnt »

hope y'all dig 'em.

The Cold War. sample center, plenty external additions.

http://www.divshare.com/download/12283649-bfb

Smoke. see above.

http://www.divshare.com/download/11997160-b0f

Glitched. sample free joint. sounds like car commercial music, i think. not sure if i'm happy about that, but *shrugs*.

http://www.divshare.com/download/12160153-43d

thanks for listening.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

Falside

Post by Falside »

You have always had solid Bass, what do you use?

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

'sup big homie. honestly, it depends. actually, these 3 beats all have examples of pretty much every bass source i use.

The Cold War - straight filter job on the original sample. i dump most of the frequencies from about 200k up, isolate the different notes and stick 'em where they work best.

Smoke - keyboard sounds i played out. got a mini korg a few months ago that's wild fun to mess around with, especially because i've been a regressive boombap classicist up until copping that piece of equipment. take the regular piano, drop it down to the lower octaves, play out the bassline, tweak the eq's and roll from there.

Glitched - i've got a bunch of bass stabs i've made/collected over the years. come to think of it, i think most of 'em have circulated through the forum a couple times. i could reupload, or if someone else has 'em available on a third party server it'd be cool to give heads a link to dl.

my bassline game is actually not that great, to my ears. the thing i have gotten better at, i think, is making the kicks and the bass work together as opposed to around each other. getting that neat, natural sounding knock rather than some sloppy mud, y'know?

anyway, thanks for listening, homie.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

What up big homie, Tayo!

Been a long time. I'm trying to get back into beats myself. I'm trying to finally get away from the fruity loops thing and learn to use my MPC 1000 which Ive had since like 2004.

Anyway, this is a very timely thread for me because Im trying to figure out how to do basslines on it. As far as I can tell there is no way to sustain a bass stab (I had been using piano roll in fruityloops and this worked well). I've also considered coppin a sound library, but don't even know where to begin there.

Anyway, thanks for the different methods you mentioned. I think I might cop a keyboard as well sometime soon.

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

"Sup nygh, hope you're well. Glad to hear you're getting back into making sounds and such. Life and extra responsibilities led me to
take a pretty extended break, but I'm making better stuff now than I was ever able to, I think.

Far as sustained bassnotes go on the mp, I'm pretty sure there is a way to do that. A buddy of mine rocks that
and has no problem, far as I know, with laying low end stabs that last as long as he needs. I'll ask him later on,
see wassup.

I should probably reupload a bass stabs pack, though. Will probably get that done this evening.

Good hearing you're back on the grind, big homie. Have a solid day.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

The cold war is hot.... Love the chord progressions.

Smoke is a nice down tempo beat. What sounds like an electric guitar stab seem to stick out a little too much.

I like glitched a lot. especially the singing part. Nice and smooth. I want to get into using more instrumentation for my beats.

As always, tiiiiight!

MindStateOf88

Post by MindStateOf88 »

"The Cold War" & "Smoke" are instant head nod material, man. However, that stab does sound a bit loud. It doesn't ruin the beat by any means though. "Glitched" actually reminds me a lot of the music in Tiger Woods PGA Tour '10 (anyone know what I mean?). Haha. Don't take that the wrong way, man. It just has the all the right things needed for you to get into that market if you wanted. Nice work, man.

jusk

Post by jusk »

All three are nice. Layered well and not too monotonous.

B'Tol

Post by B'Tol »

Smoke is fucking insanely good.

I know a UK rapper asking US producers to be able to vocal something is like asking Herb Adderley if he's up for a soccer practice.

But if you ever fancy an english impression of US culture, hit me up.

:cheers: